Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,195 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari (42854 Views)

Fayose Condemns FG's Attack On Men Of God, Says Country Will Be In Crisis If.... / Economy Would’ve Been Worse But For Buhari – Lai Mohammed / Nigeria Would’ve Collapsed Had Officials Of My Govt Stole That Much- Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by anonimi: 3:45am On May 22, 2015
buzquet:
Yes!!!!!! He did d normal tin. Hez no hero. We all saw wht hapen to Laurent Gbagbo 4 disrupting election process

Please kindly remind us what happened to IBB for disrupting June 12, 1993 elections process.

Or is IBB not a Nigerian

Thanks.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by anonimi: 4:09am On May 22, 2015
ozoigbondu:
lf he did what GEJ did four years ago 800 people and seven youth corpers would still be alive

Very true with serious implications for 2019 that many of the clueless change choristers and chanters are not thinking about when their BabaOneChance shows his true colour!

[img]http://olaoluwabimibola.files./2011/05/nysc-corpers-buring-their-dead.jpg[/img]

Beaf:
[size=14pt]The fallen 9[/size]

Teidi Tosin Olawale (Osun State, BSc Computer Science)
Nkwazema Anslem Chukwunonyerem (Imo State, HND Electrical Electronic Engineering)
Okpokiri Obinna Michael (Abia State, BSc Environmental Management)
Adowei Elliot (Bayelsa State, BSc Computer Science)
Adewunmi Seun Paul (Ekiti State, BSc, Social Sciences).
Adeniji Kehinde Jehleel (Osun State, BSc Banking & Finance)
Gbenjo Ebenezer Ayotunde (Osun State, BSc, Education Economics)
Ukeoma Ikechukwu Chibuzor (Imo State, BSc Medical Microbiology)
Akonyi Ibrahim Sule (Kogi State, HND Business Administration).

Tomisin, 24, was posted to Giade Local Government Area of Bauchi State by the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) for his primary assignment after the orientation exercise at Wailo Camp last September.

An indigene of Osun State, he was among the 200 other corps members recruited as electoral officers by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to cover the 20 Local Government areas in the state. As it turned out eventually, those of them posted to the northern parts of Bauchi State like Katagum, Darazo, Giade, Dambam Jammare became the biggest casualties of the senseless riots that trailed the presidential polls as many of them were attacked and killed.

The Batch C, 2010 corps member ran to the police station in Giade to seek refuge as their lodge in Giade was attacked. The rioters attacked the station and overpowered the policemen on duty before setting the station on fire. They brought out Tomisin, a graduate of Computer Science from the University of Ilorin and about six other corps members and killed them. Daily Sun learnt from reliable sources that the female corps members among them were allegedly raped.

The discovery was corroborated by one of the rape suspects arrested by the Bauchi State Police Command and paraded among the 67 other suspects by the Commissioner of Police posted to the state for the general election, Mr. John Abakasanga in connection with the post-election violence. The suspect confessed in an interview with Daily Sun that he saw some of the female corps members being raped in Giade but did not participate in the act. A female corps member who miraculously escaped when the lodge was attacked told Daily Sun that she ran and climbed a tree where she hid before the police came and rescued her.
http://solakuti.com/in-case-buhari-forgot/dead-corpers/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by ovie8200: 4:27am On May 22, 2015
kastonkastrol:
ok I think buhari will not arrest jonathan for NOW

U seriously speaking shi.t from ur dirty month like this. I thought u elected democracy president. Only cow will ever say a president will arrest people. Unless u elected military president idiots. Many Nigerians need more education regarding the difference between democracy or military president.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by grandstar(m): 4:49am On May 22, 2015
illiad:

Seconded

The violence was spontaneous. It was fanatical illiterates angry over an obvious loss.

Buhari's crime till date was that he did not condemn in strong terms this horrid wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by grandstar(m): 4:52am On May 22, 2015
barcanista:
Jonathan is a hero of democracy. If jonathan had disputed, Buhari's boys in the North would have unleashed terror on innocent Easterners and christians just like they did in 2003, 2007 and the dark 2011 events.

There was only violence in 2011.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 4:52am On May 22, 2015
socialmediaman:

Actually there are differences and divisions in many parts of the world, take for instance, the U.S.; the north and south went to war at some point in history around the slave trade era and certain divisions have remained.

In our case in Nigeria, I do maintain that our major problem is corruption and self centered ambition, not ethnicity. We tend to focus on the wrong things.. Tell me, how many of us would protest against unemployment in this country if we're employed? And how many would protest non-payment of wages if they're unemployed. But we'll gladly do this for political leaders for peanuts, to help them achieve their selfish interests that sometimes don't necessarily benefit us

Corruption is the smallest problem in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 5:02am On May 22, 2015
psucc:
He gave Jonathan Boko Haram in 2011 and on 29th May Jonathan will give him fallen oil price.

I would have gladly said amen to that prayer but the fallen oil price will affect all of us, so let's not pray for bad ok.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by front247: 5:03am On May 22, 2015
Think how u will move dis country forward
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Gynacologist(m): 5:24am On May 22, 2015
owobokiri:
The way these guys talk sometimes irritates to no end. It is as if they have started taking the respect for human lives and christian preachings down south for cowardice. He was the one that has been using violence to threaten everybody . The north is slowly taking it for granted that the fear of violence from the south will make folks yield to them at will. This can lead to haughty/arrogant outbursts/behaviour. Some parts of the south, traditionaly beholden to eternal servitude may lap upto that since they visualise their every political progress through the northerner, but sometime in the future other parts of the south will be forced to challenge this mentality. Unfolding events thereafter will prove to everybody that no one has a monopoly of violence.
my broda u just nailed it no body hv d monopoly of violence..
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Gynacologist(m): 5:28am On May 22, 2015
socialmediaman:

I don't think there's any such thing as complete freedom.. Let's see it this way. In Nigeria, the south west see the north as a check and balance for the south east, the north central also see the rest of the country as a check and balance to the north east and north west. Even if you divide the country into 6 regions, the differences continue, in the east for instance, the anambra would like to dominate while the ebonyi man would rather the Imo person stay relevant as a check to the anambra. Same with the south west, south south etc..
my broda mo b lie....expecially ds anambra ish bt where u frm?
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 5:42am On May 22, 2015
ozoigbondu:
lf he did what GEJ did four years ago 800 people and seven youth corpers would still be alive
7? Bros no make me vex o. Only bauchi was 11 corps members men!
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by socialmediaman: 5:55am On May 22, 2015
chuna1985:

Corruption is the smallest problem in Nigeria.

I think if most people are engaged in a form of responsible work on the other, and authorities do their jobs, many of the problems and differences we have will reduce to a manageable level. Just like the differences we have between blacks and whites abroad, imagine if the cities were highly corrupt, no jobs, police and authorities don't do their jobs etc, you'll see that blacks will start thing whites are their problems and vice versa, they'll all start calling for their separate states etc
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by alexie4real(m): 5:58am On May 22, 2015
who e cun dey try to threaten
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Yeeyo: 5:59am On May 22, 2015
D innocent blood is cryin, bt buhari u will pay it in a hard way..
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Ayus34(m): 5:59am On May 22, 2015
Chibuhealth:
abo.ki adviser, with that your smelly perfume, your talks are smelling. Ewu!
Mumu see this village,unculture,irresponsible bitch calling me aboki.....i pray ur destiny will not be taking away from you,because calling u an animal will not be a mistake........alainilaakaye obinrin!
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by midolian(m): 6:03am On May 22, 2015
Chibuhealth:
Who ask you? We all know you have planned to suck the blood of baboons as you said earlier. Old foo.l
I used to respect you until I saw this post.. Grow a brain, girl.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by onatisi(m): 6:09am On May 22, 2015
socialmediaman:

Apart from those who supported him for real, many others who voted him did so to vote out Jonathan, especially those in the know of how rotten and corrupt the system had become
this is one point majority of nigerians have failed to realize. Ppl just wanted gej out by all means ,if there was a strong third party with a sellable candidate both buhari and gej would have lost, but it was a matter of choosing between buhari and gej and since ppl wanted gej out they opted for buhari.but the good thing now is another strong 3rd opposition party is coming up

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by jlo247(m): 6:15am On May 22, 2015
psucc:
He gave Jonathan Boko Haram in 2011 and on 29th May Jonathan will give him fallen oil price.

How do u know that is Buhari that gave bokoharam to jona? U better fear God.
Don't say what u know nothing about.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:17am On May 22, 2015
socialmediaman:

I don't think there's any such thing as complete freedom.. Let's see it this way. In Nigeria, the south west see the north as a check and balance for the south east, the north central also see the rest of the country as a check and balance to the north east and north west. Even if you divide the country into 6 regions, the differences continue, in the east for instance, the anambra would like to dominate while the ebonyi man would rather the Imo person stay relevant as a check to the anambra. Same with the south west, south south etc..

I prefer anambra dominance to aboki dominance.
Anambrarians are well schooled and logical, same can't be said of the ones up there

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by bofoy(m): 6:18am On May 22, 2015
No calabar man was killed thank God
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by jomoh: 6:29am On May 22, 2015
If the Northern people were separated from the Nigeriens and the SW people separated from benin yorubas, then where were/who the SE and SS people separated from?

Just asking.

Maybe the King was right after all.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Johnjack: 6:32am On May 22, 2015
Why do you hate Gej with such bitter venom?. Majority of Nigerian youths don't do research for truer and clearer information and become
wiser for the betterment of themselves,family,community and the country as a whole. Instead the fold their arms and glorified those who put them in great desolation,depravity and abject poverty. Imagine in a country where somebody like Obj is glorified!. Where in the world do you see people of his age and precedence leading their countries in this modern age?.

Laurent Gbagbo's case was totally different from Gej's. While Gbagbo lost elections organized by U.N and everything was free,fair and transparent,Gej organized the elections where thousands of under aged Almajiri's were seen and aired on international media thumb printing for APC and GMB. That alone was a enough grand for Gej to reject the results but God intervened and he played that world acclaimed and UnAfrican heroism. What most of you haters of Gej don't know is that he is in a position to make or mare the results of the elections. If he had rejected the elections on many evidenced grounds,the worst GMB and his supporters could do was to start killing Easterners and Christians in the north as usual and if the heats gets worst Gej will invite the military and hand over to the military . Abiola's treatments.!!!!!. So, all of you here who have suddenly become wiser than Obama and other world leaders praising Gej should ask yourselves certain questions.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by buzquet(m): 6:37am On May 22, 2015
anonimi:

Please kindly remind us what happened to IBB for disrupting June 12, 1993 elections process.

Or is IBB not a Nigerian

Thanks.
so r u tellin me dat IBB is a democrat?
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by signz: 6:41am On May 22, 2015
onatisi:
this is one point majority of nigerians have failed to realize. Ppl just wanted gej out by all means ,if there was a strong third party with a sellable candidate both buhari and gej would have lost, but it was a matter of choosing between buhari and gej and since ppl wanted gej out they opted for buhari.but the good thing now is another strong [/b]3rd opposition party is coming up[b]

Where do u think it will come from?
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by buzquet(m): 6:42am On May 22, 2015
paulibling:
buhari just made your post seem like that coming from a child by acknowledging the wars, divisions and secessions that would have happened if Jonathan had played Orubebe's card. Only kids that still feed outta their parents that will never know GEj's heroism.
yes am still a kid caz am still living in my papa mansion, still eating outta my mama pot n still beign given pocket money by my papa!! So mr old man, less I forget, GEJ is no hero caz he did d normal tin
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 6:47am On May 22, 2015
illiad:

I don't blame hausafulanis.

I blame yorubas, benues, sobos & a section of south south like ikwerres & ijaws.

Na their foolishness dey responsible for this animal farm we are living in.

They rather live in abject servitude or receive a hand out like dogs for the rest of their lives than break a sweat for their freedom.

Stop there. We Ijaws have learned our lesson, howbeit through the hard way.

The current enlightenment wasn't there in the 60/70's.

We are ready to make amends and move on.
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 6:50am On May 22, 2015
A kinsman living in the North told us how a friend close(an Alhaji) called him before the elections and advised him to home.
When the bros was proving stubborn, and asked Alhaji why, he took him home an showed him arms and ammunitions.
He told him there would be unprecedented crises if Buhari was not declared winner,
Bro had to come home with his family.
He has gone back, but has decided to leave his family in or lands.

They win, we have peace.
They loose, we have war.

And the old tyrant is shameless to dance nude at the market square.

I keep insisting we dont belong together with this people.
Let them have their Islamic State an let us have our free society.

Or is any body down south still confused about our stand?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 6:51am On May 22, 2015
buzquet:
Yes!!!!!! He did d normal tin. Hez no hero. We all saw wht hapen to Laurent Gbagbo 4 disrupting election process

We know the kids by their words!
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 6:55am On May 22, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I prefer anambra dominance to aboki dominance.
Anambrarians are well schooled and logical, same can't be said of the ones up there

You are even going too far.
I will prefer an Ijaw man to rule us forever than have this Jihardists threatening us like this.
At least, I will be sure that none of our people will be slaughtered if Mohammed is mocked for his violence.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 6:58am On May 22, 2015
[quote author=ozoigbondu post=33972189]lf he did what GEJ did four years ago 800 people and seven youth corpers would still be alive[/quote ]
somethin else wld hv happened n dey wld still hv died
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Popemax(m): 6:58am On May 22, 2015
Babaonechance as they call u...plz focus on what u have for us cos we're waiting to c all ur actions on ground
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by trytim100(m): 6:58am On May 22, 2015
kastonkastrol:
ok I think buhari will not arrest jonathan for NOW
what did he do that will warrant arrest. did he lute like others?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH / Obasanjo Blasts Oba Adetona Over His Book “Awujale": "You Are Petty And A Liar " / Bianca Ojukwu Stuns In Red And Black In Monaco(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.