Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (794586 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (369) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 2:05pm On May 21, 2021
suco01:

A living testimony of spg3000es 2.5kw rated output and 2.8kw max output running hisense 1.5Hp AC without other load and it's doing fine.
Inverter or non inverter? Well, nothing do you bro.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 2:06pm On May 21, 2021
Gptech:

Inverter or non inverter? Well, nothing do you bro.

Non inverter, na me kuku buy the generator and AC so no be sweet talk

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 2:07pm On May 21, 2021
suco01:

Some people ON their generator and ON all the electronic appliances at a go which is not advisable, this will cause a serious wear and tear
Many people are guilty of this, truth is many are not aware. Some will tell you say 'na today I dey use generator?'

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 2:13pm On May 21, 2021
suco01:

Non inverter.
Well, it's possible the starting watt is not very high. Before my neighbour started having issues with his generator, it was able to run his Thermocool AC better than than his Polystar, both of them are 1.5Hp. With time it couldn't even power up the Polystar.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by tobintin(m): 3:15pm On May 21, 2021
Time will tell.
You forget that the life expectancy is cut short with this kind of use. Let's see if that generator will last 5-7 years without a major overhaul.

suco01:

Non inverter, na me kuku buy the generator and AC so no be sweet talk
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 3:19pm On May 21, 2021
tobintin:
Time will tell.
You forget that the life expectancy is cut short with this kind of use. Let's see if that generator will last 5-7 years without a major overhaul.

Wait till then but you will have to wait till eternity

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by tobintin(m): 3:24pm On May 21, 2021
grin How will starting watts not be high? using the Hisense above of 1200W how will starting watts not reach 2000 - 2500watts. and he forgets the compressor will always be asking for this intermittently without telling you (I am about to ask o shocked). They will power ac first and plug other appliances of 500watts (including your freezer/fridge- some will even have tokunbo version). and now at intervals the ac and fridge/freezer will start/stop. After a few years gen will start to loose compression power, leak oil from gasket areas... we will then be blaming quality forgetting that lack of knowledge to manage the asset contributed to the early demise of the investment (generator).

Gptech:

Well, it's possible the starting watt is not very high. Before my neighbour started having issues with his generator, it was able to run his Thermocool AC better than than his Polystar, both of them are 1.5Hp. With time it couldn't even power up the Polystar.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by tobintin(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2021
Hmm!
There is little to no standard here. Al lot of manufacturers usually slap numbers that cannot be always replicated on equipment.
For Suco, to test how well your 2.8Kw gen will handle such, plug a 1.8Kw microwave, see the high level of noise and observe the vibrations.

Simply put, it is not advisable.

Gptech:

He may not be correct about his claims on standards but motors and compressors depending on type use up more power during startup, sometimes its even up to 3 times their running power.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ringi82(m): 4:31pm On May 21, 2021
Gptech:

But there's no 3.5kva in the chart, it's 2.5kva for 1hp and 3.75kva for 1.5hp, I see no discrepancy here.
You may be right. But the lutian LT3900 gen rated at 3.8kw will conviniently power a 1.5hp ac including the hustler max 3.5kva with other loads.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 4:32pm On May 21, 2021
tobintin:
grin How will starting watts not be high? using the Hisense above of 1200W how will starting watts not reach 2000 - 2500watts. and he forgets the compressor will always be asking for this intermittently without telling you (I am about to ask o shocked). They will power ac first and plug other appliances of 500watts (including your freezer/fridge- some will even have tokunbo version). and now at intervals the ac and fridge/freezer will start/stop. After a few years gen will start to loose compression power, leak oil from gasket areas... we will then be blaming quality forgetting that lack of knowledge to manage the asset contributed to the early demise of the investment (generator).

This is the reason why Inverter AC is advised against the non inverter type. The intermittent off and on of the non inverter type is the issue.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 4:44pm On May 21, 2021
ringi82:

You may be right. But the lutian LT3900 gen rated at 3.8kw will conviniently power a 1.5hp ac including the hustler max 3.5kva with other loads.
Some of these sites sef! Kva and Kw are not the same thing. The Lutian is 3.8kva(3040W) max, the Thermocool hustler Max is 4.75kva(3800W) max. There's almost an 800W between them, don't use the chart of the Thermocool to assume for the Lutian.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Oluatimilehin: 7:19pm On May 21, 2021
suco01:

Brand: Tec, Sumec firman, Lutian in that order
Voltage? Maybe u mean kva
With those load 2.5kva to 3kva you're good
Sorry, I meant Voltage.
Thanks for the response.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ringi82(m): 9:51pm On May 21, 2021
Gptech:

Some of these sites sef! Kva and Kw are not the same thing. The Lutian is 3.8kva(3040W) max, the Thermocool hustler Max is 4.75kva(3800W) max. There's almost an 800W between them, don't use the chart of the Thermocool to assume for the Lutian.
As long as the load is not more than 3.5kva, the lutian gen is good to go. I just want a relatively affordable gen at a reasonable price that can conviniently load a 1.5hp normal ac. Even if its only the ac I'm going to run. The heat for my area na die.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 10:03pm On May 21, 2021
ringi82:

As long as the load is not more than 3.5kva, the lutian gen is good to go. I just want a relatively affordable gen at a reasonable price that can conviniently load a 1.5hp normal ac. Even if its only the ac I'm going to run. The heat for my area na die.
The heat na everywhere oooo. Regarding your purchase, let's hope for the best.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 12:08am On May 22, 2021
ringi82:

Na naija u dey, heat is a now a norms

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by chuksp09(m): 11:51am On May 22, 2021
Hello,

I just caught up to this thread, i need to know if the Sumec firman SPG 2200 1.8kva gen can power a small flat with 5bulbs. 2 laptops, a bedside fridge a ceiling fan, a 32inch Tv and a 30w sound bar and some phones?

Thanks.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ringi82(m): 12:33pm On May 22, 2021
Gptech:

The heat na everywhere oooo. Regarding your purchase, let's hope for the best.
Abeg help me take wisdom eye check the wattage here. I dey see conflicting figures, which one is my input wattage gan

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lakefist(m): 1:16pm On May 22, 2021
Can sum1 recommend a true rating generator that can power this washing machine.

Hisense 8kg full automatic front load.

The week I bought it, I have issues with my small Gen not able to power it.

Then I bough sumec navigator 6kva rating and it still didn't power it.

I made complaint to fouani stores and dey sent their LG technicians with a Maxi generator EK28 Model, and it powers it conveniently.

The Maxi EK28 model is 3.5kva rating. I asked wat I could do to make my generator power it, dey said I have to use AC Freezer to step down the power for the washing machine to work.

Most of my appliances are energy saver especially my solar freezer.

I am stuck now. Can any engineer recommend a gen of 3.5 KVA (true rating) for me?

Please note:

The washing machine works perfectly with Nepa light.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 5:57pm On May 22, 2021
suco01:

With other load. That justify 3.5kva to power 1.5hp AC. When you say it can't power is wrong. I still stand to be corrected
Oga nobody said a 3.5kva gen cannot power a 1.5hp ac, the advice we gave is that the AC will damage the engine quicker. I have a neighbour who was using his 2.5kva gen to power a 1hp pumping machine, gen is no longer working uptimally after only 2 months. Again i will advice anybody planning to use a 1.5hp non inverter ac to get at least a 4.5kva gen....

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 6:11pm On May 22, 2021
lakefist:

I made complaint to fouani stores and dey sent their LG technicians with a Maxi generator EK28 Model, and it powers it conveniently.

The Maxi EK28 model is 3.5kva rating. I asked wat I could do to make my generator power it, dey said I have to use AC Freezer to step down the power for the washing machine to work.

I am stuck now. Can any engineer recommend a gen of 3.5 KVA (true rating) for me?

Please note:

A sumec 6kva could not power your washing machine, but a maxi 3.5kva did? Are you sure the Sumec was truly 6kva gen?

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 7:35pm On May 22, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Oga nobody said a 3.5kva gen cannot power a 1.5hp ac, the advice we gave is that the AC will damage the engine quicker. I have a neighbour who was using his 2.5kva gen to power a 1hp pumping machine, gen is no longer working uptimally after only 2 months. Again i will advice anybody planning to use a 1.5hp non inverter ac to get at least a 4.5kva gen....

Whichever way u try to paint it, I still maintain it that 3.5kva will power and run 1.5hp. Why should you advise ATLEAST 4.5kva for non inverter AC. Dey take am easy with your advise once more.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 7:50pm On May 22, 2021
lakefist:

Please note:

Are you very sure the gen they brought is 3.5kva?.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Cokahot: 8:30pm On May 22, 2021
Haba na gas explosion remain
chuksp09:
Hello,

I just caught up to this thread, i need to know if the Sumec firman SPG 2200 1.8kva gen can power a small flat with 5bulbs. 2 laptops, a bedside fridge a ceiling fan, a 32inch Tv and a 30w sound bar and some phones?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Cokahot: 8:31pm On May 22, 2021
Front load wey current no dey carry. Better close eye and buy diesel once and for all
lakefist:

Please note:

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lakefist(m): 9:14pm On May 22, 2021
suco01:

Are you very sure the gen they brought is 3.5kva?.

Yes, it is.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lakefist(m): 9:15pm On May 22, 2021
Cokahot:
Front load wey current no dey carry. Better close eye and buy diesel once and for all

According to them, it is frequency issue. The frequency the generator is giving is different from what the appliance require.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lakefist(m): 9:16pm On May 22, 2021
TrebleChamp:
A sumec 6kva could not power your washing machine, but a maxi 3.5kva did? Are you sure the Sumec was truly 6kva gen?

The LG technicians said it's frequency issue.

The machine require 50hz but generator is producing 60hz

3 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by chuksp09(m): 9:21pm On May 22, 2021
Cokahot:
Haba na gas explosion remain
Ahhh! E too much ney?
They won't all be turned on together actually.
At least not always
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 9:50pm On May 22, 2021
ringi82:

Abeg help me take wisdom eye check the wattage here. I dey see conflicting figures, which one is my input wattage gan
I'll go with the 1600W.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 11:29pm On May 22, 2021
lakefist:

Yes, it is.

Try and load the 6kva with other appliances as the engineer advise.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 11:34pm On May 22, 2021
lakefist:

According to them, it is frequency issue. The frequency the generator is giving is different from what the appliance require.

Can you post the generator?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:57pm On May 22, 2021
suco01:

Whichever way u try to paint it, I still maintain it that 3.5kva will power and run 1.5hp. Why should you advise ATLEAST 4.5kva for non inverter AC. Dey take am easy with your advise once more.
Na only the 1.5hp AC you wan use the 3.5kva gen power? Won't you power other appliances in your home? Well every aboki with him kettle sha....

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (369) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.