Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,494 members, 7,812,529 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (786358 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (368) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:58pm On May 22, 2021
lakefist:

The LG technicians said it's frequency issue.

The machine require 50hz but generator is producing 60hz
Ok now i get it....
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 12:41am On May 23, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Na only the 1.5hp AC you wan use the 3.5kva gen power? Won't you power other appliances in your home? Well every aboki with him kettle sha....

Must you run all your appliances at the same time or is it everybody that run all his appliances at a go. Instead of you giving advise on how to run appliances on generator you're here making a baseless point. I don't have time for argument jare.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lakefist(m): 5:28am On May 23, 2021
suco01:

Try and load the 6kva with other appliances as the engineer advise.

I av changed most of my appliances to energy saving type that is the issue.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by lakefist(m): 5:29am On May 23, 2021
suco01:

Can you post the generator?

Here is it
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ykeyz: 8:29pm On May 23, 2021
suco01:

Must you run all your appliances at the same time or is it everybody that run all his appliances at a go. Instead of you giving advise on how to run appliances on generator you're here making a baseless point. I don't have time for argument jare.
pls my oga's can my haeir thermocool bobo carry 800watts blender. Jus for only bender.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by molybdenum0012: 9:10am On May 24, 2021
Good morning all,
What could be wrong with my gen. I tried to start it yesterday, it was not coming up. Then return the choke to normal position it would be when the Gen is running and then start it again, it came up for few seconds then makes bang sounds and smoke started coming out from the air filter area. I had to quickly put it off.

I am cleaning the air filter now to see if it has collected much oil or something.

Please what could be wrong?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 9:27am On May 24, 2021
Ykeyz:
pls my oga's can my haeir thermocool bobo carry 800watts blender. Jus for only bender.

Yes, flawlessly
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ykeyz: 10:31am On May 24, 2021
Really, nah one guy wey be technician talk say nah 5kva go carry am, say blender motor they surge power (4ce) likeInduction cooker. Jus want to be on a safer side oo
suco01:

sad

Yes, flawlessly
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 5:34pm On May 24, 2021
Ykeyz:
Really, nah one guy wey be technician talk say nah 5kva go carry am, say blender motor they surge power (4ce) likeInduction cooker. Jus want to be on a safer side oo

Lol
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ykeyz: 6:14pm On May 24, 2021
Shey I fit add my 32 inch TV & standing fan 135 watts , blender 800watts on top the haeir thermocool bobo. Total watts appliances 1035 watts
suco01:

Lol
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Akell(m): 8:34pm On May 24, 2021
In addition to cleaning the filter, clean/change the plug.
molybdenum0012:
Good morning all,
What could be wrong with my gen. I tried to start it yesterday, it was not coming up. Then return the choke to normal position it would be when the Gen is running and then start it again, it came up for few seconds then makes bang sounds and smoke started coming out from the air filter area. I had to quickly put it off.

I am cleaning the air filter now to see if it has collected much oil or something.

Please what could be wrong?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 9:46pm On May 24, 2021
Ykeyz:
Shey I fit add my 32 inch TV & standing fan 135 watts , blender 800watts on top the haeir thermocool bobo. Total watts appliances 1035 watts

This is how it should be whenever you want to use your blender, don't load other electronics and electrical appliances at first cos of the little SURGE when you on the blender, then after it balance you can load ur fan and TV. That way you're doing the right thing but loading everything at the same time COULD/MAY cause damage to your electronics
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by humurphia(m): 9:46am On May 26, 2021
My 10 kva elepaq petrol generator makes a lot of noise. Very loud than usual.. pls what could be the problem
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by BIZZWEALTH: 8:47am On May 27, 2021
Buying the Best Inverter
It is best that you gain some knowledge about what to look for in an inverter before buying one. Read on to know some considerations to make before buying an inverter and tips to buy UPS for home:-
#1)Consider your power consumption
Before setting out to buy an inverter for your home, it is always best to know beforehand the rough estimate of your total power consumption. Take any average summer day and make a note of what all you need to power. An inverter is very different from a generator in the sense that it cannot run all the electrical appliances of your house when the electricity goes out; you have to select the few indispensable appliances you want to stay running all through the day, no matter what!

Determining the combined load that would be run using the inverter is of critical importance in purchasing the inverter of adequate size. The watts of power drawn by every single appliance you will connect to your inverter can help decide the VA rating of your inverter. An inverter can back heavy electricity drawing appliances such as refrigerators as well but powering such devices has its own downside—the inverter battery is going to last for fewer hours than it would if devices such as heavy refrigerators were not powered using it.

#2)Understand how an inverter is different from a home UPS
A home UPS is the same as an inverter, as far as the functionality aspect is concerned—both the devices are used to convert direct current to alternating current which is in turn used as a backup option to generate power. However, the main point of differentiation between an inverter and a UPS—the acronym for Uninterrupted Power Supply—is that there is no time lag between the devices being powered off in the event of a power cut and being powered back on subsequently in case of a home UPS.

However, with devices powered by an inverter, there is a very short period of total blackout when the electricity goes out. It is only for this reason that most computers and laptops in homes and offices are connected by UPSs instead of inverters so as to allow users to save their critical data before powering their machines off.

#3)Know which appliances you can power using an inverter
An inverter can be used to run appliances such as fridges and air conditioners. However, the motors of the aforementioned appliances are equipped with compressors that require huge amounts of currents, especially in order to start up. Thus to cater to such heavy-current-drawing appliances, it is best that you buy inverters that have high VA values and sizes or inverters specially designed to cater to refrigerators and air conditioners.

#4)Know the VA rating that your inverter requires
VA ratings and watt ratings are not to be taken interchangeably. Appliances that we use around our homes such as lights, bulbs, refrigerators, air conditioners et al are the ones that consume power and hence are rated in Watts. In contrast, power generating equipment such as inverters, uninterrupted power supplies, generators et al are rated in VA.

VA is actually apparent power and is the product of the voltage and the current supplied by the equipment. The ideal case scenario calls for both, the VA value and the watt value to be the same. However, in actual circuits, it is not practically possible for them to be the same. Do not be misled by manufacturers into believing that both of them are the same.

#5)Miscellaneous Considerations

As with any product, with a UPS and inverter too, you must make sure that the products are guarded under a stipulated warranty period by the manufacturer. Inverters are appliances that require close to no maintenance at all, until and unless they stop functioning altogether. An inverter is not 100% efficient because it uses a part of its energy to power its own circuitry and run a cooling fan.

Now that you know all that there is to buy the perfect inverter, make sure you buy only from reputed manufacturer. Mercury Inverters
Learn more visit mercurydirect.com.ng
Call 07037451701
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by NobleEngineer(m): 6:29pm On May 28, 2021
Hello everyone, my tec junior won start craze...after serving me for over 1yr no cough!
sometimes when I start the Gen, after few minutes, it will just go off....

or

"almost go off and then pity me & continue operation"

while

sometimes it will just vex go off patapata, e no go gree start even after cleaning plugs.. eventually it will come back on if I keep trying pulling the starter.

abeg wetin dey do my Gen? I've only changed the oil since i bought it newly (lastyr April)
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ias1: 8:05pm On May 28, 2021
NobleEngineer:
Hello everyone, my tec junior won start craze...after serving me for over 1yr no cough!
sometimes when I start the Gen, after few minutes, it will just go off....

or

"almost go off and then pity me & continue operation"

while

sometimes it will just vex go off patapata, e no go gree start even after cleaning plugs.. eventually it will come back on if I keep trying pulling the starter.

abeg wetin dey do my Gen? I've only changed the oil since i bought it newly (lastyr April)
Started experiencing that around same age as yours, had to buy new plug sha. Though not as rugged as the one that came with the gen

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michealekene(m): 3:47pm On May 29, 2021
Tec thermocool users, please... what's the best oil that can be used on a Tec generator?.. the particular oil it came with cannot be found (tho sae20 50) and I realised that heavy duty Forte oil is not for it.

In the market, which is the best oil with same properties?)
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Jonn119: 7:05pm On May 29, 2021
Please how much does an spg 3000 firman generator cost now.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by SolomonGrundy: 8:13pm On May 29, 2021
michealekene:
Tec thermocool users, please... what's the best oil that can be used on a Tec generator?.. the particular oil it came with cannot be found (tho sae20 50) and I realised that heavy duty Forte oil is not for it.

I use total for mine.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by AmandaLuv(f): 8:42pm On May 29, 2021
Goodevening all. Please am stranded at the moment. An engineer fixed my Gen in the afternoon and I only took it home this evening to use only to realize the current is high. Two energy bulbs just burnt as I do not know the condition of my gadgets cos I rushed and off the Gen.

Plz someone should guide me on how to lower the generator current please am without light and this is weekend.

Epp me plz
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:42pm On May 29, 2021
michealekene:

Have been using this on my TEC Bobo 2.5kva since i bought the Gen....

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Jonn119: 8:06am On May 30, 2021
Jonn119:
Please how much does an spg 3000 firman generator cost now.
please someone answer i want to know before going to the market as this is my first time
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by NobleEngineer(m): 8:06am On May 30, 2021
He probably messed with your AVR
last time I had this issue on my IMAX Gen, the technician messed with my AVR and ended up dishing out over 340V, all the bubs that were unfortunate to be ON got burnt..thank God all my appliances in the sitting room were connected via TV guide....in your case I hope your other appliances didn't get fried.
AmandaLuv:
Goodevening all. Please am stranded at the moment. An engineer fixed my Gen in the afternoon and I only took it home this evening to use only to realize the current is high. Two energy bulbs just burnt as I do not know the condition of my gadgets cos I rushed and off the Gen.

Plz someone should guide me on how to lower the generator current please am without light and this is weekend.

Epp me plz
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michealekene(m): 8:08am On May 30, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Have been using this on my TEC Bobo 2.5kva since i bought the Gen....

E be like always the Tec nor dey select oil, ..the attached oil came with mine, and I noticed it's 20W50. Can I go ahead with it? The problem is, I don't know where to buy this exact oil wlonce it finishes. And I dont want to start changing oil. But even if I do, I will still want 20W50 oil

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michealekene(m): 8:11am On May 30, 2021
michealekene:

E be like always the Tec nor dey select oil, ..the attached oil came with mine, and I noticed it's 20W50. Can I go ahead with it? The problem is, I don't know where to buy this exact oil wlonce it finishes. And I dont want to start changing oil. But even if I do, I will still want 20W50 oil

Mk una help, I no want generator issues
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Ias1: 9:25am On May 30, 2021
michealekene:

Mk una help, I no want generator issues
20W50 is everywhere bros.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 9:28am On May 30, 2021
michealekene:

Just buy total, mobile Conoil 20W50 oil and you will be good to go. Just try and be consistent with whichever you buy going forward....

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michealekene(m): 7:23pm On May 30, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Just buy total, mobile Conoil 20W50 oil and you will be good to go. Just try and be consistent with whichever you buy going forward....

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michealekene(m): 7:24pm On May 30, 2021
TrebleChamp:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michealekene(m): 7:25pm On May 30, 2021
Ias1:
20W50 is everywhere bros.

Thanks
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 9:51pm On May 30, 2021
michealekene:

The issue of oil na matter for another day abeg. Even Thermocool recommended 10W-30 oil but ended up giving out 20W-50 oil with their generators. If money is not an issue, the recommended 10W-30 is the best, otherwise, we can manage the SAE 40 and 20W-50 from Total, Mobil and some other good brands. There's a thread on nairaland on oil in the auto section I think.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2021
Gptech:

The issue of oil na matter for another day abeg. Even Thermocool recommended 10W-30 oil but ended up giving out 20W-50 oil with their generators. If money is not an issue, the recommended 10W-30 is the best, otherwise, we can manage the SAE 40 and 20W-50 from Total, Mobil and some other good brands. There's a thread on nairaland on oil in the auto section I think.
Does this mean i am safe with my oando sae 40? Cos thermocool actually recommended the 20W50 for the tec Bobo, but i friend told me to buy the sae 40 instead and it's been good so far. Just want to know if it won't have any effect on my gen in future....

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (368) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.