Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Professor On Any Type Of Generator. - Technology Market (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Professor On Any Type Of Generator. (794728 Views)

What Brand Of Generator Can I Buy? / Professor On Any Type Of Solar Installations / Kara Nigeria‬ Offers The Best Prices Of Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (369) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 5:50pm On May 19, 2021
Angrygoat:
So na only nepa, I would need yo buy wall mount stab for it then. Nepa o
Blike dis your AC big oooo, nr reason your gen with am at all.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 6:23pm On May 19, 2021
michealekene:

Deir showrooms around surulere nor get. If u have any more information, please let me know. It is urgent

Ilupeju town planning
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 6:26pm On May 19, 2021
ringi82:

Thanks bro wink
My money never reach inverter ac though, but what I plan to get uses low current. Even as low as 170 volts. It's a bruhm 1.5hp. The new gen I'm getting is a lutian 3.5kva. The only reason I'm buying this model is because of the good reviews so far by people who've bought it. It is said that it can conviniently carry a 1.5hp ac.
Bro a 1.5hp ac will damage that 3.5kva gen in no time, buy a 1hp instead. I would strongly advice against buying that brand of gen, get an original Sumec Fireman or Thermocool and have peace of mind.

4 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 6:40pm On May 19, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Still not clear enough, i can't see the starting watts and running watts clearly. Try zooming your camera to this spot snap clearly.
Modified:
Just saw your second pix, 2.5kw rated output mean your Gen is a 3.0Kva...
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 6:42pm On May 19, 2021
Angrygoat:
Hw many kva

This is 2.8 maximum output and 2.5 rated output
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 6:56pm On May 19, 2021
Angrygoat:
Sumec

160k. Omo it cost oo, u for price am wella them just use the fake to hight price for this original one. This original na 135k/140k. Nevertheless enjoy your generator
service am regularly with better oil.
No overload am
Keep away from direct sunlight

3 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Angrygoat: 7:08pm On May 19, 2021
Yes o. Naso I shout. Original o. Fake inferior ones na 120,100k. At all bros no talk wetinbu no sabi. Whr dem dey sell sumec for 140k. Dont be a fool by following online prices. Go to see it in reality. Naso i dey shout till I see am 2ith my eyes. Forget with that 135k dem go bring the fake for u wwy resemble the original..
suco01:

160k. Omo it cost oo.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 7:10pm On May 19, 2021
Angrygoat:
Yes o. Naso I shout. Original o. Fake inferior ones na 120,100k.

The last one I bought in march 140k. This naija don cast finish
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by michytluv: 7:16pm On May 19, 2021
I will still repeat it again , i bought that same sumec 175k, u people won't believe. Someone priced mine 70k, i smiled.
Now on a bigger one. Lol

suco01:

The last one I bought in march 140k. This naija don cast finish
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ringi82(m): 9:29pm On May 19, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Bro a 1.5hp ac will damage that 3.5kva gen in no time, buy a 1hp instead. I would strongly advice against buying that brand of gen, get an original Sumec Fireman or Thermocool and have peace of mind.
Wow. If u check the comments section of people who bought this brand of gen on jumia, most of them have been using it on acs. Most especially the 1.5hp split variant. I don't get it really. If the tec Bobo max 2.2kva gen can run an ac as stated in its manuals, a 3.5kva should also.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 10:27pm On May 19, 2021
ringi82:

Wow. If u check the comments section of people who bought this brand of gen on jumia, most of them have been using it on acs. Most especially the 1.5hp split variant. I don't get it really. If the tec Bobo max 2.2kva gen can run an ac as stated in its manuals, a 3.5kva should also.
Dem nr talk whether na inverter type AC or not.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by currentbrands(m): 11:12am On May 20, 2021
Good morning great Engineers in the house.
I would like to buy a brand new Honda EZ3000 (GP200engine) - 2.5kva generator from a Honda distributor.

How fuel efficient and durable is this brand and model please?

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 12:32pm On May 20, 2021
suco01:

160k. Omo it cost oo, u for price am wella them just use the fake to hight price for this original one. This original na 135k/140k. Nevertheless enjoy your generator
service am regularly with better oil.
No overload am
Keep away from direct sunlight
Reason why i ask him for the Kva, cos that Gen is too expensive for that price....
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 12:43pm On May 20, 2021
TrebleChamp:
Reason why i ask him for the Kva, cos that Gen is too expensive for that price....

He don already buy am but the gen no pass 135/140k. Well the engineer will go back to collect his own cut sha. Make he enjoy am

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by TrebleChamp(m): 12:43pm On May 20, 2021
ringi82:

The TEC bobo can only run a 1hp ac, even that will stress the Gen. You can give it a shot, a 1.5hp (non inverter) AC consumes a lot of power. Good luck chief
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ringi82(m): 1:22pm On May 20, 2021
TrebleChamp:
The TEC bobo can only run a 1hp ac, even that will stress the Gen. You can give it a shot, a 1.5hp (non inverter) AC consumes a lot of power. Good luck chief
Check the power rating below.

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by ringi82(m): 1:28pm On May 20, 2021
Gptech:

Dem nr talk whether na inverter type AC or not.
True, but ac na ac grin.. Inverter ac no common like that o.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Oluatimilehin: 8:15pm On May 20, 2021
ringi82:

True, but ac na ac grin.. Inverter ac no common like that o.

Good day house. I’m looking to buy a generator but not sure on the best brand and voltage to buy. What I’ll be using on the generator is a fridge, mini washing machine, 4 energy saving bulbs, fan, tv.
Engineers in the house, kindly advise.

Thanks in anticipation �
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by heldworld: 9:37am On May 21, 2021
suco01:

If money dey buy new complete one which amount to 200k plus but if na Nigeria situation things buy the engine and fix. Wetin u dey use the generator carry, 5years it don get engine problem it's too small for that Generator standard na
Thanks, right now that I can't find thermocool 3.5kva I decided to go for firman ECO4990es. Heard from a friend it's also a very strong gen. I would like to know if anyone has an experience with the gen here before I go ahead and buy it?
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 10:07am On May 21, 2021
Oluatimilehin:

Good day house. I’m looking to buy a generator but not sure on the best brand and voltage to buy. What I’ll be using on the generator is a fridge, mini washing machine, 4 energy saving bulbs, fan, tv.
Engineers in the house, kindly advise.

Thanks in anticipation �

Brand: Tec, Sumec firman, Lutian in that order
Voltage? Maybe u mean kva
With those load 2.5kva to 3kva you're good
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 10:19am On May 21, 2021
The way some engr dey give advise here sef how can't a 3.5kva generator not power 1.5hp AC be it conventional AC or Inverter AC. We need to be guided using btu convertion to hp and ignoring wattage power to power the AC is misleading.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by tobintin(m): 12:06pm On May 21, 2021
Try this calculation.
- First convert 3.5Kva to Watts (3500*0.8 ) = 2800watts (Ideal 100% running power).
- Factor in quality aberration and non conformance to standards within Nigeria space (20% off): 2800w - 20% = 2240watts
- Factor in the fact that you must not load your generator pass 50 - 70% capacity for lifetime sake: 2240w - 30% = 1568watts
So, for a 3.5Kva (2800watts) generator, ideal usable capacity is 1568watts (I intentionally left our surge capacity). Now remember for conventional ac's LRA (start-up) can be up to 2 to 3 times running rating)

The above is the reason.

suco01:
The way some engr dey give advise here sef how can't a 3.5kva generator not power 1.5hp AC be it conventional AC or Inverter AC. We need to be guided using btu convertion to hp and ignoring wattage power to power the AC is misleading.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 12:49pm On May 21, 2021
tobintin:
Try this calculation.
- First convert 3.5Kva to Watts (3500*0.8 ) = 2800watts (Ideal 100% running power).
- Factor in quality aberration and non conformance to standards within Nigeria space (20% off): 2800w - 20% = 2240watts
- Factor in the fact that you must not load your generator pass 50 - 70% capacity for lifetime sake: 2240w - 30% = 1568watts
So, for a 3.5Kva (2800watts) generator, ideal usable capacity is 1568watts (I intentionally left our surge capacity). Now remember for conventional ac's LRA (start-up) can be up to 2 to 3 times running rating)

The above is the reason.

That your reason have cut down figures without fact. 20% on quality aberration and non conformance to standard. Are you saying a generator that should be 2.8kw won't be 2.8kw the reason you decide to off the 20% from nowhere. Standard product already pass through laboratory testing for that.

If a generator has is 3.5kva which 2.8kw how and why can't it power 1.5hp AC when 1.5 hp = 1.12kw

Considering taking 30% off load is 1.96kw are you still saying it can't power it.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 12:56pm On May 21, 2021
ringi82:

Check the power rating below.

Thanks for this chat. Maybe they can come and say tec are wrong with their chat or not following quality aberration and non conformance to standard.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 1:27pm On May 21, 2021
suco01:

If a generator has is 3.5kva which 2.8kw how and why can't it power 1.5hp AC when 1.5 hp = 1.12kw

Considering taking 30% off load is 1.96kw are you still saying it can't power it.
He may not be correct about his claims on standards but motors and compressors depending on type use up more power during startup, sometimes its even up to 3 times their running power.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 1:37pm On May 21, 2021
suco01:

Thanks for this chat. Maybe they can come and say tec are wrong with their chat or not following quality aberration and non conformance to standard.
But there's no 3.5kva in the chart, it's 2.5kva for 1hp and 3.75kva for 1.5hp, I see no discrepancy here.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 1:38pm On May 21, 2021
Gptech:

He may not be correct about his claims on standards but motors and compressors depending on type use up more power during startup, sometimes its even up to 3 times their running power.

I know of starting power and running power but my take on 3 5kva and 1.5hp AC is it will power it.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 1:46pm On May 21, 2021
suco01:

I know of starting power and running power but my take on 3 5kva and 1.5hp AC is it will power it.
Didn't see where any one refutes if it will power it or not, sure it will, not advisable is 'what has been preached'. My neighbour here is a living witness, the gen don don wear like dis, Firman Rugged 3100 starting and 2700w running. Generator begin get issues when he started using it on his 1.5hp non inverter AC. Gen has never been the same till date, it's a long epistle.

1 Like

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 1:46pm On May 21, 2021
Gptech:

But there's no 3.5kva in the chart, it's 2.5kva for 1hp and 3.75kva for 1.5hp, I see no discrepancy here.

With other load. That justify 3.5kva to power 1.5hp AC. When you say it can't power is wrong. I still stand to be corrected
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2021
Gptech:

Didn't see where any one refutes if it will power it or not, sure it will, not advisable is 'what has been preached'. My neighbour here is a living witness, the gen don don wear like dis, Firman Rugged 3100 starting and 2700w running. Generator begin get issues when he started using it on his 1.5hp non inverter AC. Gen has never been the same till date, it's a long epistle.

A living testimony of spg3000es 2.5kw rated output and 2.8kw max output running hisense 1.5Hp AC without other load and it's doing fine.
Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by Gptech(m): 2:01pm On May 21, 2021
suco01:

With other load. That justify 3.5kva to power 1.5hp AC AC. When you say it can't power is wrong. I still stand to be corrected
I hope you know the issue with ACs is with the starting power and not the running? If your generator for instance has say 3000/2700 starting/running watt and you want to use it with an AC with 2900/1500 starting /running watts together with other appliances with a combined power of 1000w, you can achieve this by turning on the AC first before turning on the other appliances. The implication is by doing this, the AC power is now 1500W+1000W from the other appliances =2500W. Since 2500 is less that 2700, there's no issue. If you turn on the other appliances first before turning on the generator, it means total load for the generator to power=1000+2900=3900W. This is way above the generator's capacity. This is the reason it's advised to to load the most powerful appliances before the less powerful ones. This long epistle explains why Thermocool is correct with their chart of 3.75kva generator for instance powering a 1.5hp AC with other loads.

2 Likes

Re: Professor On Any Type Of Generator. by suco01(m): 2:04pm On May 21, 2021
Gptech:

I hope you know the issue with ACs is with the starting power and not the running? If your generator for instance has say 3000/2700 starting/running watt and you want to use it with an AC with 2900/1500 starting /running watts together with other appliances with a combined power of 1000w, you can achieve this by turning on the AC first before turning on the other appliances. The implication is by doing this, the AC power is now 1500W+1000W from the other appliances =2500W. Since 2500 is less that 2700, there's no issue. If you turn on the other appliances first before turning on the generator, it means total load for the generator to power=1000+2900=3900W. This is way above the generator's capacity. This is the reason it's advised to to load the most powerful appliances before the less powerful ones. This long epistle explains why Thermocool is correct with their chart of 3.75kva generator for instance powering a 1.5hp AC with other loads.

You're right. The reason I said if they didn't overload it. Some people ON their generator and ON all the electronic appliances at a go which is not advisable, this will cause a serious wear and tear

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (369) (Reply)

##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / Scuit: Shop & Ship From China, USA, Dubai & UK (Express, Cargo & Shipping) / Buy Plasma, Lcd And Led Televisions For Affordable Pricein Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.