Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,132 members, 7,821,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe (44998 Views)

Dangerous Mistakes Most Guys Make About Women / Guys, Ever Been Deceived By A Lady's Profile Picture? Share Your Experiences / 10 Things Most Guys Do When Expecting Their Girlfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by bisi16(m): 1:05am On May 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
I know majority of Nigerians too lazy to read but it pays to most times cheesy

Below are some common fallacies most Nigerian guys have been pressured and deceived over the years to believe cool. You might hold a different opinion from these but emerging 'trends' and 'happenstances' in our society clearly point to the fact that these common beliefs no longer hold weight and logic and therefore, may be seen as nonsense!

1) #You can only find someone who truly loves you when you are still struggling#: Bullcrap! Nonsense! So we were told while we were younger! Now, we know better cheesy. It is as good as saying 'only poor men find real love'. Imagine that!!! It means 2Face Idibia must have married a bad wife; a woman who doesn't have real love for him because he met her after he attained fame! How fallacious this sounds! Whether you like it or not, there are classes in our society and one should strive to attain the class he feels he wants his would-be wife to come from wink. I just feel people who still hold this opinion are suffering from a psychology that promotes inferiority complex! Finding a good wife or a woman that truly loves you has nothing to do with struggling! If you are comfortable and finds a woman that is as comfortable as you and in your class, would you say she's after your wealth?

2) #Even if there's no money, when we give birth, children will bring blessings#: Don't allow anyone deceive you, folks. Yeah, blessings come but do not put the life of somebody's daughter at risk and endangering the lives of the tiny legs you would produce because you don't have enough to cater for them!!! Even Jesus Christ, in the Bible(the synoptic gospels), admonished Christians to calculate the cost of something before embarking on it, else the enemies mock the person that he couldn't maintain what he started wink (call me Pastor Rapmoney grin) Truth be told, it would take the grace of God to maintain peace and ensure fidelity in a home that lacks money in these modern times!

3) #Beautiful women have bad attitude#: We can as well say 'ugly women have nice attitude No one is perfect! What you might admire in someone could be different from what the next man would admire in them. Who says a woman cannot be beautiful within and in the outside? It doesn't mean you should place all your bets on big buttocks, pointed boobs and pretty face but I tell you today, marrying a woman who is very presentable doesn't make you a fool or criminal! I love beautiful women cheesy

4)#A man should set a woman up financially#: Another bunkum!!! Marriage involves two people who are emotionally, psychologically, spiritually and financially mature! I strongly believe that ladies should as well be financially ready before they get married. It is not just a man's thing. If he goes out to win the bread, you as the woman, should also go out to win the akara. You would attract more respect by such from the man. Men hardly misbehave when they are aware that their wife is financially strong too cool. It is better to marry a woman that has acquired her degree or into one profession, business, trade or occupation than to get married to a woman who does nothing, sits and folds her hands, waiting for a man to come and marry her in order to take away her burden! Are you getting married to a human being or a burden?

5) #Money is not all; what matters is love#: This is what most girls use to deceive guys on social media, including Nairaland. I always say it that it is only on NL and other social media that girls are quick to say this trash! Most girls can't practise it in real life. They only say this to create what I call 'social media good face' cool. Same girl that says this online will operate in the opposite offline. Don't let them fool ya fellas!!! cheesy. Don't believe this! If you believe this, then you will surely believe anything. It existed in the past...not now. The society has transformed to something else and it is either you follow up or get left behind; simple truth! Make good money and you won't even have time to listen to such trash!!!

A word is enough for the wise!

Good day folks!
Oga check ur facts b4 u dey write. 2face married d woman who was wit him when he struggled.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by Nobody: 1:06am On May 26, 2015
Now aint that the bitter truth, this is pure human wisdom but before God, its foolishness.
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by jaytime(m): 3:46am On May 26, 2015
OP, u don nail this one o. @readers, disagree with this write up at your own peril.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by Rapmoney(m): 6:20am On May 26, 2015
bisi16:

Oga check ur facts b4 u dey write. 2face married d woman who was wit him when he struggled.
Ok thanks. Noted cool
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by Rapmoney(m): 6:24am On May 26, 2015
Akposkool:
Who told you 2 face met Annie after he became famous? Don't say stuffs you don't know
Young man, focus on the message and not 2face! It doesn't in any way alter the message the post is trying to pass across wink
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by Akposkool(m): 6:31am On May 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
Young man, focus on the message and not 2face! It doesn't in any way alter the message the post is trying to pass across wink
why? You made a blunder and am pointing out to you. You should have just said OK noted. This is how you guys put yourselves into trouble. Simple correction you can't take

1 Like

Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by Skmoda360(m): 7:08am On May 26, 2015
KAPOVee:
nice write-up

1 Like

Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by phildon: 7:39am On May 26, 2015
No. 1 seems to contradict No. 5
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by nkem123(m): 7:52am On May 26, 2015
ronald4lif:

Hehe! I think I know why. She'll be egoistic and unsubmissive abi
gud, thank God u know why.and u know no marriage can survive with such a woman, u can ask those that made such mistake and u will hear better from them.except a foreign woman, not arrogant naija women
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by mytym(m): 7:57am On May 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
I know majority of Nigerians too lazy to read but it pays to most times cheesy

Below are some common fallacies most Nigerian guys have been pressured and deceived over the years to believe cool. You might hold a different opinion from these but emerging 'trends' and 'happenstances' in our society clearly point to the fact that these common beliefs no longer hold weight and logic and therefore, may be seen as nonsense!

1) #You can only find someone who truly loves you when you are still struggling#: Bullcrap! Nonsense! So we were told while we were younger! Now, we know better cheesy. It is as good as saying 'only poor men find real love'. Imagine that!!! It means 2Face Idibia must have married a bad wife; a woman who doesn't have real love for him because he met her after he attained fame! How fallacious this sounds! Whether you like it or not, there are classes in our society and one should strive to attain the class he feels he wants his would-be wife to come from wink. I just feel people who still hold this opinion are suffering from a psychology that promotes inferiority complex! Finding a good wife or a woman that truly loves you has nothing to do with struggling! If you are comfortable and finds a woman that is as comfortable as you and in your class, would you say she's after your wealth?

2) #Even if there's no money, when we give birth, children will bring blessings#: Don't allow anyone deceive you, folks. Yeah, blessings come but do not put the life of somebody's daughter at risk and endangering the lives of the tiny legs you would produce because you don't have enough to cater for them!!! Even Jesus Christ, in the Bible(the synoptic gospels), admonished Christians to calculate the cost of something before embarking on it, else the enemies mock the person that he couldn't maintain what he started wink (call me Pastor Rapmoney grin) Truth be told, it would take the grace of God to maintain peace and ensure fidelity in a home that lacks money in these modern times!

3) #Beautiful women have bad attitude#: We can as well say 'ugly women have nice attitude No one is perfect! What you might admire in someone could be different from what the next man would admire in them. Who says a woman cannot be beautiful within and in the outside? It doesn't mean you should place all your bets on big buttocks, pointed boobs and pretty face but I tell you today, marrying a woman who is very presentable doesn't make you a fool or criminal! I love beautiful women cheesy

4) #A man should set a woman up financially#: Another bunkum!!! Marriage involves two people who are emotionally, psychologically, spiritually and financially mature! I strongly believe that ladies should as well be financially ready before they get married. It is not just a man's thing. If he goes out to win the bread, you as the woman, should also go out to win the akara. You would attract more respect by such from the man. Men hardly misbehave when they are aware that their wife is financially strong too cool. It is better to marry a woman that has acquired her degree or into one profession, business, trade or occupation than to get married to a woman who does nothing, sits and folds her hands, waiting for a man to come and marry her in order to take away her burden! Are you getting married to a human being or a burden?

5) #Money is not all; what matters is love#: This is what most girls use to deceive guys on social media, including Nairaland. I always say it that it is only on NL and other social media that girls are quick to say this trash! Most girls can't practise it in real life. They only say this to create what I call 'social media good face' cool. Same girl that says this online will operate in the opposite offline. Don't let them fool ya fellas!!! cheesy. Don't believe this! If you believe this, then you will surely believe anything. It existed in the past...not now. The society has transformed to something else and it is either you follow up or get left behind; simple truth! Make good money and you won't even have time to listen to such trash!!!

A word is enough for the wise!

Good day folks!

You have said it all!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by Seventeen(f): 8:32am On May 26, 2015
ronald4lif:

Yes, I get the point now. Guy, it would shock you to know that there are some women who are too lazy to even wake up in the morning and go to a shop to sell their wares. Some believe that the role of a woman are confines in taking care of the kids, cleaning and cooking.

Don't you know many women who are graduates idling at home without a job everyday around you?. Do you think their hubby don't want to fund a business for them or if they even care of engaging themselves in anything meaningful?. Some don't care.
There are are lazy women no doubt, just as there are lazy men too. But generally women wont just want to idle away doin nothin, sometimes its not what u think., my bros.. Women have to also bear kids, rear kids, clean, cook and do so many other stuff to make sure the home is functioning, as well as own a bizness or work, its not easy as it is sounds, in reality one front must suffer, its either ur home suffers or ur business/work suffers. your attentin must be needed more somewhere. Kudos to those who are able to balance the two but sometimes based on mutual agreement, a couple, (after they might have considered so many factors), may decide that the wife may just have to hold off for sometime, I had to wait a while, my first child was 9 and the last of my 3kids was 4yrs old when i finally started my own business in 2013. I was working as a newly wed, mind u, but like i said SOMETIMES its just hard for some people to balance the two. You get pregnant, high cost of nannies /daycare, (thats if u are able to find a credible one in ur area), kids get sick and need attention, finally ur job starts suffering, ur boss gets fed up... Dont forget the husband, he is the one now dat will start suffering the wives frustration. Its a bitter cycle of fruatratin events, so in my case, we decided i just quit and stay home for a while. It was frustrating doin nothing but it was worth it in d end. Now i have a business, I can take business trips without qualms, i can stay out a bit late to attend to business issues, unlike if i had a small baby. Am not making nice excuses for women am just being real, besides wen career women leave dia kids wit all this abusive nannies, we are still the first to start shouting "culdnt she stay home at least for some yrs to take of the kids". smiley Abeg make una pity us oo, we de try oo. Not everyone can afford expensive nannies and daycare like dem celebrities and high class women, because some guyz will soon start saying, what of this person and that person, How dem de take manage grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by Nobody: 8:46am On May 26, 2015
It's like all the insults that the op has been receiving on those girl hate threads he used to create has finally taught him some sense. The first and only reasonable post as far as the op is concerned.
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by UjSizzle(f): 8:52am On May 26, 2015
I agree with you esp points 1, 3 and 5.

You think the worst of beautiful women. That's why I keep hearing foolish statements like: You're beautiful AND nice!
You're beautiful AND moral!
You're beautiful AND friendly!
You're beautiful AND sociable!
It's hard to see a beautiful woman with any of these.
Bullshiiit I tell you. Utter bullshiiit.

You insist on finding love when you have nothing otherwise the women who come into your life after have no value. Why biko? Because women are gold diggers? Because you need us to be your backbone while you make the money? I'm lost.

Love is cool. Sweet even. Money makes it sweeter even if we don't ask for it. For one it gives you (the man) a sense of worth, not particularly for our benefit but for yours. Your life is so tied to gaining this money that without its presence you don't feel like you've achieved much for yourself. Yeah I'm not saying women don't like the presence of cash too, but from experience I've observed it has a positive correlation to a man's self esteem.
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by proxillin(m): 9:08am On May 26, 2015
[size=15pt]Most beautiful ladies have attitude problem. You dont have to be a kid to know this little fact.

They can't reason past their beauty.

They dont care what people think, so far they have beautiful face, they can enter any office and open their leg to get what they want.[/size]
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by Rapmoney(m): 9:42am On May 26, 2015
proxillin:
[size=15pt]Most beautiful ladies have attitude problem. You dont have to be a kid to know this little fact.

They can't reason past their beauty.

They dont care what people think, so far they have beautiful face, they can enter any office and open their leg to get what they want.[/size]
Is anyone holding u back from marrying an ugly lady?
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by proxillin(m): 9:47am On May 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
Is anyone holding u back from marrying an ugly lady?

Face front. this is public forum..hope u know
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by ihedinobi2: 10:13am On May 26, 2015
UjSizzle:
I agree with you esp points 1, 3 and 5.

You think the worst of beautiful women. That's why I keep hearing foolish statements like: You're beautiful AND nice!
You're beautiful AND moral!
You're beautiful AND friendly!
You're beautiful AND sociable!
It's hard to see a beautiful woman with any of these.
Bullshiiit I tell you. Utter bullshiiit.

You insist on finding love when you have nothing otherwise the women who come into your life after have no value. Why biko? Because women are gold diggers? Because you need us to be your backbone while you make the money? I'm lost.

Love is cool. Sweet even. Money makes it sweeter even if we don't ask for it. For one it gives you (the man) a sense of worth, not particularly for our benefit but for yours. Your life is so tied to gaining this money that without its presence you don't feel like you've achieved much for yourself. Yeah I'm not saying women don't like the presence of cash too, but from experience I've observed it has a positive correlation to a man's self esteem.

I don't think you're entirely right. We don't really think the worst of beautiful women. I think that we're typically, well, "afraid" of beautiful women. Good men and bad men all see that beauty. Good men may see MORE than that beauty but they too will appreciate it. The "fear" comes from the fact that beauty attracts a lot of attention and attention tends to shape character. It is thus easier to find unsavory patterns of behavior among beautiful women than it is to find them in their less, well, "blessed" counterparts. You don't have to believe me. If you ask around I think you will find a lot more men who were burned by attractive women than by the plainer ones. It makes us more cautious as we grow up and more skeptical about what to expect of beautiful women.

Insisting on finding love when broke. Some men may do that but I think that those who do are mostly looking for a way to massage their egos. In fact, I'll admit that having a woman you love who loves you back does wonders for your self-esteem and confidence. And it doesn't matter what time of your life it is when you find her for that to happen. But men do not typically insist of finding love before they make money. A woman can help when a man is still trying to find his feet but wise men know that she can also be a drag so what men typically do is avoid women until they can strut. But it gets tough to hold on to that decision when they find, perhaps, a special woman. And given what biology has done to men, falling in love with a woman can ruin a man's ability to hold himself together. So he gets insecure about his financial situation and how she might find it.

Yes, some men might have no idea what they can do with a woman if they make their money without her. Her love after all often forms a backbone for a man. But I don't think there's a sensible man who really believes he doesn't need a woman once he makes his money without one. What might actually happen is that when men have had women lose their faith in him when he is still fighting or they have walked away when he needed them he grows a bit cynical and will take some convincing to see any real value in marriage when after all life comes in seasons and he may at some point need a woman's faith to beat enormous challenges. What reason would he have then to believe that she would stay and feed him her faith?

Finally, I don't really get what the whole separation of love from money is about. When a man loves he spends. Thus men try to have so that they can spend. I don't know any man who makes a big deal of loving a woman and takes pride in giving her nothing to make her life better in some way. I've heard friends declare that their wives will never take public transport. It's a thing of status for men. So, for men, love is often defined by how much money one would spend. As I keep saying, love is nothing but a commitment one makes to another to make their lives the hub of perfection with everything in them. It is the rather silly idea that it is separately a bunch of feelings that just confuses people. Because you can have those feelings and they'll do nothing to add value to the other person's life. As a matter of fact, those feelings can lead to a gross exploitation of that person.

Lol @ direct correlation of men's self-esteem. You may be right. But I think that what men want more is the right to say that they can do something in the face of a challenge. If money grants them that, very good. If mere bookishness does, excellent. If training in martial arts does, great. It won't matter as long as when there's a challenge a man can answer it. Money only has this illusion of being universal that makes it the easy yardstick. But when shît gets real, it isn't necessarily what men hinge their boasting on. Men can only count on what they are inside then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by dahreyM: 11:09am On May 26, 2015
chowlade:
undecided u r on point

Na ur b.f buy dat car for u abi?
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by yemoskye: 11:20am On May 26, 2015
In Addition, Guys should stop the attitude of expecting male child when the wife gave birth to female cos it's what you give in to us that we produce.
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by ronald4lif(m): 11:41am On May 26, 2015
Seventeen:
There are are lazy women no doubt, just as there are lazy men too. But generally women wont just want to idle away doin nothin, sometimes its not what u think., my bros.. Women have to also bear kids, rear kids, clean, cook and do so many other stuff to make sure the home is functioning, as well as own a bizness or work, its not easy as it is sounds, in reality one front must suffer, its either ur home suffers or ur business/work suffers. your attentin must be needed more somewhere. Kudos to those who are able to balance the two but sometimes based on mutual agreement, a couple, (after they might have considered so many factors), may decide that the wife may just have to hold off for sometime, I had to wait a while, my first child was 9 and the last of my 3kids was 4yrs old when i finally started my own business in 2013. I was working as a newly wed, mind u, but like i said SOMETIMES its just hard for some people to balance the two. You get pregnant, high cost of nannies /daycare, (thats if u are able to find a credible one in ur area), kids get sick and need attention, finally ur job starts suffering, ur boss gets fed up... Dont forget the husband, he is the one now dat will start suffering the wives frustration. Its a bitter cycle of fruatratin events, so in my case, we decided i just quit and stay home for a while. It was frustrating doin nothing but it was worth it in d end. Now i have a business, I can take business trips without qualms, i can stay out a bit late to attend to business issues, unlike if i had a small baby. Am not making nice excuses for women am just being real, besides wen career women leave dia kids wit all this abusive nannies, we are still the first to start shouting "culdnt she stay home at least for some yrs to take of the kids". smiley Abeg make una pity us oo, we de try oo. Not everyone can afford expensive nannies and daycare like dem celebrities and high class women, because some guyz will soon start saying, what of this person and that person, How dem de take manage grin

Very well said. Respect!
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by ihedinobi2: 11:59am On May 26, 2015
@Rapmoney, we've heard you. You're the guy every girl wants. cheesy Now let's see how much sense you've made, shall we?

1. Have you asked yourself why marriage typically happens in early adulthood when men don't usually have pots of money lying around? Or why our bodies start to lose their ability to reproduce as we get into middle age? You should. I think you'll learn that marriage was made so that life would be easier work for each person and to preserve the values of a society and perpetuate them through children each marriage produces. Therefore, when men cannot find women who can weather hardship with them, there is no reason to believe that in times of plenty what they see is love not appetite manifest. And, fyi, Annie Idibia was in the picture long before Innocent Idibia became anything that big.

2. Actually, responsibility has a tendency to awaken ability in people. But I agree that people should not go pumping out kids expecting their existence to suddenly be the reason wealth starts pouring in.

3. Beautiful women usually have more attention than they can handle without becoming arrogant. That's why men suffer more at their hands than at the hands of less beautiful women.

4. Lol. Don't provide for your wife, you hear? grin Now that assertion that men don't misbehave around financially strong wives is hilarious. Men are far more inclined to misbehave around financially strong women than around the weaker, more dependent ones. Men like being leaned on, my friend. I think you either forgot or are yet to realize it.

5. Men love with brains, brawn and money. No surprises there. There aren't many men who are comfortable in a relationship where they can't spend on their girls. Jukwa ese.

smiley
Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by deebsman1(m): 12:40pm On May 26, 2015
like when i was in 100 levels those days, i happened to be an on-looker listening to the discussions of some older women and 1 among them now saying, she said and i quote "as if we women don't look b4 we choose, we (women) will be saying we suffered with a guy but in reality, don't we see potentials in him b4 sticking with him, for instance a guy studying medicine or engineering or something else in school, thou broke at that moment, we sticked with him knowing sure, there is 80% of success in the nearest future, why don't we stick with a bricklayer or carpenter or mechanic and suffer with him" so the point i want to make with my story is that for those woman some people will claim stay with you when u have nothing, stayed becuz they know sooner or later u go hama or option 2, they don't even have options as in other beta suitors, belief me and u, 85% percent of your gfs will leave u for a richer dude if 1 comes calling

1 Like

Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by 2emgee(m): 2:58pm On May 26, 2015
Good one !!!! If i hear say i no make money, devil self no stop me from making my ego cus JESUS dey my back. Meanwhile am still hustling 4my Bsc any lady who patience is deficient in her gene can go and *** 3 letters missing

1 Like

Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by 2emgee(m): 3:00pm On May 26, 2015
Good one !!!! If i hear say i no make money, devil self no ft stop me from making my ego cus JESUS dey my back. Meanwhile am still hustling 4my Bsc now and any lady who patience is deficient in her gene can go and *** 3 letters missing

1 Like

Re: 5 Nonsense Most Guys Have Been Deceived To Believe by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 03, 2017
Talking about no 1 , you got a point. But I would expand it I think the real ideology is "you shouldn't joke with those who believed in you when you were nothing, when your future seemed so dim and had basically no flavour of any prospects.
I believe the meaning actually tried to be conveyed though perceived in various forms is that people who stood by your side before you became successful or that rich guy are really the best partners(relationship, businesss, etc) to have.
They have being tried and tested; so there is a purported lesser risk when dealing with them. For as they say a rich man has many friends.
Netcraft signing off..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

8 Perfect Ways To Boost A Boring Relationship. / I Am Facing Blockages After Meeting My Girlfriend / South African Girls Are Easy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.