Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen (24921 Views)

Supreme Court Announces 22 New SANs, Festus Keyamo Missing From The List / Court Sacks 22 Rivers Council Chairmen, Councillors / Jonathan Appoints Gbenga Daniel, Abacha’s Aide Varsities Council Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by shammah1(m): 5:42pm On May 26, 2015
Foolish man
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by doctokwus: 5:42pm On May 26, 2015
Exploit200:

Where did you copy this nonsense from
I posted for educated people to comprehend,not for dunces,so I don't expect u to know what I typed.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by xandy84: 5:43pm On May 26, 2015
Am not for Wike but there is court order against the election and INEC has yet ro release updated voters register to State electoral commission.. The whole process is just going in cycle because am sure Wike will dissolve the local government election and conduct new election and the money spent will be a waste.. The major loser is the people whose's colective wealth are plunder senselessly.
I think we need to strengthen our institution so as to compel people to follow court and we stop going in cycle.. Tired of the ways things are done in Naija for real

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by tbaba1234: 5:43pm On May 26, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Even the local government chairmen-elect aren't assured of their position. They know who Wike is and their chairmanship won't last a week.

They are elected, Wike can't sack them but he can make it difficult for them.
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by ZeezaRapture(m): 5:46pm On May 26, 2015
GMB my HERO FASHOLA my ROLE MODEL AMAECHI my PRIDE cool
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by doublewisdom: 5:46pm On May 26, 2015
Wike is Amaechi's nemesis. Even the people sworn in know say all na wash. By Monday they will be kicked out.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by uduokirika1(m): 5:50pm On May 26, 2015
Keneking:
Great decision.

Common sense at work, "Weak" Wike can govern his executive office and control his legislatures but...

Local government shall be controlled by APC....making it a brace ...Presidential & Local government respectively.

Sai APC

You forgot so soon that APC governors kicked against LG autonomy !!!! As far as the current constitution is in place A sitting Governor can sack LG chairmen anytime any day or better still with hold their funds. Oshomhole 2009 Rochas 2012 comes to mind

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by adconline(m): 5:50pm On May 26, 2015
Another exercise in futility!! Another way to empower his looting thugs.. They will be dissolved by next week when Wike is in charge.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by otr1(m): 5:53pm On May 26, 2015
babestella:

This is just LG council chairmen " they can't do jack to Wike other than lick Wike's a$$$$ so that Wike will release small money for them. But trust Wike, he will starve them to the point that they will voluntarily resign from their chairmanship positions. Unless they will continue being LG bosses under Amaechi in Abuja not Rivers. Watch out.
They are not just LG Chairmen, they are the Leaders of the 3rd tier of Government in that state. If Wike should disregard the rule of law and starve them of fund, then he should be ready to be starved of fund by a more powerful tier of Government using the same excuse he used.
He is in for a rough ride.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by basilo101: 5:54pm On May 26, 2015
doctokwus:
Eventhough I know these LGA elections were far from ideal,but Amaechi has actually played a master card here and given Wike a bone that has struck him in the throat.
-Wike cannot dissolve these councils without going through d state assembly and d law courts.
The state assembly maybe in his pockets but with an opposition central govt,d wise ones may want to play safe and not rock d boat.The same applies to him trying to bribe state judges, none would want to take d risk no matter how much they are bribed.
-All those that hitherto would have easily canvassed for d illegal dissolution of d council executives are not likely to be so inclined because Wike's election is far more likely to be annulled. So why take such a risky bet.
Wike wherever he is a worried man because amaechi has got all d cards stacked against him.I don't envy him at all.Fayose's case would b child's play compared to the bitter political lesson he is about to be taught.
wetin concern FG wit LG mata? LG is a property of d state, dia is no LG autonomy

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by Jesusloveyou: 5:54pm On May 26, 2015
barcanista:
Bro, you don't need to argue with these people that have no interests in Rivers other than to push Amaechi to a pit. You and I know that those men will be kicked out by Wike days after swearing in(if not immediately). Ladoja did similar thing in 2007 and Akala kicked them within 2days of taking office. Fayemi did similar thing and Fayose kicked them away.
is it d wike that wil be fighting for his own survival,wil now have time to probe amaechi and d same time kick out legally recognise LGA chairmen, i wish wike last for 2months.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by otr1(m): 5:55pm On May 26, 2015
Exploit200:

you are a fool
You're a bigger fool for quoting a "fool".

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by ogene007: 5:57pm On May 26, 2015
Exercise in futility because the same state SIEC will invalidate the entire process and new proper elections organized.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by PStacks(m): 5:59pm On May 26, 2015
Amechi my Man.. cheesy
The man like quarrel pass fight.
That seat must be made as hot as possible for Wike.
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by otr1(m): 6:03pm On May 26, 2015
ceejayluv:

It's a bigger shame having a [s]self acclaimed repentant tyrant as a democratic[/s] president.....
Having a General turned Democrat is not a shameful thing, having unintelligent people like Wike and Jonathan as Leaders is.
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by ibietela2(m): 6:05pm On May 26, 2015
Demdem:

Where was ur pathetic prayers when shepo, mbu, Wike and co were causing serious problems in rivers, making sure amaechi doesn't govern in peace all at the expense of the people all because Amaechi chose not to follow Jonah-daft anylonger?
Hypocrite, to u and ur household will ur prayers fall on.

I have said my own

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by Popemax(m): 6:06pm On May 26, 2015
Blah Blah...relax u will dance d dance of surugede
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by Jesusloveyou: 6:08pm On May 26, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Even the local government chairmen-elect aren't assured of their position. They know who Wike is and their chairmanship won't last a week.
who give unduly elected wike power to sack duly elected chairmen, i pray wike survive d first 3months.
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by QuotaSystem: 6:09pm On May 26, 2015
Ameachi zakin karfe. The undisputed Jonathan leveller and General of the common sense revolution. Show the weaklings who's boss in RS.

Wike is in hot soup grin.
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by otr1(m): 6:12pm On May 26, 2015
xxxoladevoxxx:

Remind me who you are to be people of Rivers State please? Or of what economic importance are you there?
It's not your headache to know.
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by babasanti: 6:17pm On May 26, 2015
Demdem:
“RSIEC as a commission has complied with the Law. Those who did not participate in the election, its their business.

Shepo their backbone who choose not to vote with her husband but chose to come to Rivers to cause havoc wasnt available and that explains why they chose to chicken out. Election was peaceful devoid of any death.
Cowards they remain.

Ur problem is,u have a cow brain

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by Jesusloveyou: 6:18pm On May 26, 2015
doublewisdom:
Wike is Amaechi's nemesis. Even the people sworn in know say all na wash. By Monday they will be kicked out.
kick out by who? unduly elected wike that wil not be sworn-in,

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by Nellybii: 6:18pm On May 26, 2015
barcanista:
This Amaechi boy still don't get it. Wike Will dessolve the sham LGA Officials within days of swearing-in. Amaechi can't continue his impuniity after leaving office.

A governor will dissolve local government authorities?? Just like saying Buhari will remove Governors and members of state assemblies.
Just cross check your post
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by myklangelo(m): 6:19pm On May 26, 2015
The future title to the post goes thus... 22 LGA Chairmen in Rivers got their posts annulled.

The first Igbo language blog is out..... visit, have fun and share. let us promote our language. www.odeniigbo..com

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by babasanti: 6:21pm On May 26, 2015
The truth about you pro amaechi supporters is that majority of you are non indegines of the state or people from the west and north . Deep down inside amechi he knows he can't fool us niger delta people. The only reason he got recognised in apc is because of our money he used, as for knowledge , he is a dummy,imbecilee and mentally unstabele.98% Rivers people despise him and hate him too. Soon we will treat his fucck up, we are just waiting for his imunity clause to expire. All you cows,rams and houseboys to the cow and ram tribe cheering for ameachi, your ignorant and dull. Until you step ur feet in rivers state and live for months you will never know that amaechi is a waste pipe. Its our oil money that is talking, not amaechi. Many thanks to our militants , with you they fear us now. Asari, tompolo, ateke, boy loaf et all , we are very very proud of you. Keep flying the flag of freedom, one day we will get there
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by nwala85: 6:24pm On May 26, 2015
AMECHI IS SICK AND BEREFT OF COMMON MATHEMATICAL APTITUDE. HOW ON EARTH WILL HE CLAIM 23 000 VOters voted for APC IN PHALGA ALONE WHEN THE WHOLE VOTERS TURNOUT WAS LESS THAN 23 000. STATEWIDE. HE SHOULD BRING MEDIA COVERAGES. AND FORENSIC TEST CONDUCTED ON COVERAGE AND PICTURES.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by jamesbridget13(f): 6:26pm On May 26, 2015
congrats to them. all i need right now n urgently is my april salary mr outgoing governor, do something o
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by chocho28: 7:01pm On May 26, 2015
How ironic, the same court you refused to honour and went ahead with your shambolic election? since you have planted the seed of not obeying court orders we (the Governor-elect and his followers) will perfect it for you.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by Nig4Greatness: 7:02pm On May 26, 2015
barcanista:
Bro, you don't need to argue with these people that have no interests in Rivers other than to push Amaechi to a pit. You and I know that those men will be kicked out by Wike days after swearing in(if not immediately). Ladoja did similar thing in 2007 and Akala kicked them within 2days of taking office. Fayemi did similar thing and Fayose kicked them away.
.....stop talking trash.Fayemi did not conduct an election in Ekiti.PDP went to court to stop it.Also,Amechi surely knows what his doing.remember this same pdp went to court to stop him from removing those chairmen especially that if OBiapor LG and he obeyed.Rivers state will be interesting and Wike will now also taste what Amechi tasted.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by chocho28: 7:08pm On May 26, 2015
otr1:

They are not just LG Chairmen, they are the Leaders of the 3rd tier of Government in that state. If Wike should disregard the rule of law and starve them of fund, then he should be ready to be starved of fund by a more powerful tier of Government using the same excuse he used.
He is in for a rough ride.
Do you read the constitution at all? or you are just here to ventilate trash from that opening in your face. Read and you will discern that it is called statutory allocation for the state but same cant be said about LG allocation.
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 26, 2015
Sweetguy25:

where is ur sense? This show WIKE and mama piss rigged gov. election.
Re: Amaechi Swears-in 22 New Elected Council Chairmen by ezeagu(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2015
Funny how all of the governors supports online are from nowhere near Rivers. Strange indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Elected Us To Do Impossible Things –APC / 2019: Yuguda Defects To APC In Bauchi With 5,000 Supporters / Nigerian Army Reportedly Arresting IMSU Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.