Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

The Year God Died - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Year God Died (45893 Views)

The Day The Son Of God Died! / Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Year God Died by Sunnystooth(m): 9:11pm On May 31, 2015
ikorodureporta:

Doz it look like a joke ...instead of u to claim yr blessing.........Ppl like u wld b d 1st 2 drop yr wallet wen yr pastor says dat in the church...
Lmao, you really need to go down to the playground i suggested earlier on... Do i look like a gullible christian like you who your pastors can spin anyhow and brainwash you and collect your hard earned money? Pleazzzee! I am an Agnostic, just so you know. I dont do church!
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 31, 2015
Once again God wins. Hallelujah
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 31, 2015
seemples:

Guy, rest
Good advice
Re: The Year God Died by Dexema(m): 10:06pm On May 31, 2015
plaetton:

Funny, you are echoing the same thing that I have been arguing on this thread.

This is what You should be preaching to your fellow religiotards.

Haven't you been reading my posts?

Do you guys have comprehension problems?
Reading ur posts? U must think urself very important and using uncouth words like religiotards just places you among the dregs on this site.

Re: The Year God Died by JimTiger4(m): 10:14pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:
Oh yes the orange analogy you threw in. . . Sure thing was; we were talking of simple numerical mathematics. . . This is how fallacies work, you leave the whole and dabble into particles.
As long as simple intuition is involved taken from a simple deduction. . there are 2 oranges, if you want to count from the particles then start from atoms.

But by throwing an object in it which by so doing you have driven it out from the simple numerical mathematics we were to particles.
When particles are being counted then it is right to then start from the atoms then the question will no longer be 2+2 but Billions plus billions. . .

This is simple numerical mathematical rule. . . We are not counting objects here but sheer numerical representations.
2+2=4. .
Why not believe then it is 5 instead then insist its realistic? why not believe 2+2=5? . . . Sometimes it gets stale replying this; when someone goes as far as trying to represent mathematics as a form of belief. . it really wows me totally.

You are still dragging in objects while the 2+2 analogy i proposed was purely numerical.
If we should count particles then we should from the atoms (seen by the aid of a microscope) how then can you now equate billions of atoms to one orange?

Lmao..
a.) is this belief or certainty? smiley
b.) which of them?
c.) where?

This is just very funny replying. . . How can faith be equivalent to things being constant when even you agrees its sheer hope.? taking from this then we can assert my pink diamond rabbit exists because i have faith it does..smiley

Faith according to you is evidence for things hoped for (Wishful thinking) . . . You are just hoping their is; its quite understandable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Year God Died by JimTiger4(m): 10:24pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

Let me put it simply, i was not even arguing with you that a god exists or not. . . As far as we know there are thousands of god concepts from different civilizations and cultures and none have been proven or demonstrated, just claims.

My argument was when you try to drag a simple mathematical knowledge to the dimension of belief to liken it to your belief in a deity...

Just like i said before, knowledge (certainty) is practically and literally different from belief (faith). . . If any of the god concepts humanity invented is proven to be true, am sure nobody would need to believe it with faith, everyone simply would have known and be sure therefore it no longer will be belief but sheer simple knowledge... But so far none of the god concepts have achieved this feat therefore all still remains a claim that is dependent on faith to believe.

Mr philosopher.... since there are no spirit realms,deities or supernatural powers.... can u pls kindly explain to me how my friend's once pagan grandmother traveled in 2mins from abriba village to Benin without any visible means of transportation by 1am

well, a fool says in his heart...there's no God

Re: The Year God Died by sundayerhun(m): 11:17pm On May 31, 2015
Velocitron:
You can't prove with concrete facts and logic that God exists, by faith alone is God revealed to man. Neither is the power of salvation in your hands, simple as that.

OP, help me out here as I'm somewhat clueless. Is that a poem or is it some kind or reference to a war or a plague or something?
Just a simple poem.
Re: The Year God Died by Walspring: 11:36pm On May 31, 2015
owolawitola:
Blasphemous

Pretty smile cheesy grin
Re: The Year God Died by ikorodureporta: 11:38pm On May 31, 2015
Sunnystooth:

Lmao, you really need to go down to the playground i suggested earlier on... Do i look like a gullible christian like you who your pastors can spin anyhow and brainwash you and collect your hard earned money? Pleazzzee! I am an Agnostic, just so you know. I dont do church!

NL is my p'ground*tong'out* .....Do i sound lyk what u'r tinkin?
So if u dnt do church whtz my biz?
Just to like & receive online blessing naiem u de fyte me for......u really need deliverance grin
Re: The Year God Died by owolawitola(f): 11:38pm On May 31, 2015
Thank you
Walspring:

Pretty smile cheesy grin
Re: The Year God Died by Walspring: 12:00am On Jun 01, 2015
owolawitola:
Thank you

Dont mention since you are always welcome.. grin grin grin
Re: The Year God Died by Sunnystooth(m): 12:02am On Jun 01, 2015
ikorodureporta:

NL is my p'ground*tong'out* .....Do i sound lyk what u'r tinkin?
So if u dnt do church whtz my biz?
Just to like & receive online blessing naiem u de fyte me for......u really need deliverance grin
Hmmm... Blessing? What does that even mean? Abeg, go bless yourself jawe. Thanks for the offer though. *tongue*
Re: The Year God Died by Whobedatte(m): 12:02am On Jun 01, 2015
osazeet:
knowledge is the essence of this Aquarian age, Astrological symbol of water pouring out from a jar for those thirsty for knowledge, hence information/ technology era.

The last age was Piscean age, symbolism of two fishes in the zodiac sign, hence Jesus made his disciples fishers of men, fed multitudes with 2 fishes and five loafs bread.

The Piscean age was the era of discovery of new lands across oceans.
You need to know more about yourself today esoterically.
Think out of the box .
we have a whatsapp group called esoteric free thinkers
Here you will learn a lot with an open mind.
KNOW THYSELF.
join us today to broaden your horizon
The group is dope grin
Re: The Year God Died by Drabrah(m): 1:10am On Jun 01, 2015
johnydon22:

So do you need faith to know 2+2 is 4?
Yes, u nid faith 2 know 2+2=4.
& not evry1 knows 2+2=4. D only those wt intact cerebrum & background tutelage know dat 2+2=4.
Madman on d street, 4 example, doesn't know dat 2+2=4.
Av u eva thot of how u came 2 know dat 2+2=4?
U probably started wt counting 1, 2, 3....
Then proceeded 2 cramming addition & multiplication tables even tho u neva knew wot they meant. Then twas only ur teacher dat fully understood d full meaning of 2x5=10. Buh u blivd him or her till u can also reason on ur own y d ansa shud b so.
Dat's exactly how it goes. 4 those of us dat bliv dat GOD is real, it's as real & as simple as 2+2=4 & ur unbliv doesn't change dat sure fact.
I only pray it ain't 2 late b4 u realise, because if person don grow biëbië no know say 2+2=4 I doubt if e neva late 4 dat person.
Finally, remember it's 1 chance. Afterdeath, ddat's all

1 Like

Re: The Year God Died by ndubueze92(m): 7:54am On Jun 01, 2015
seemples:

Guy, rest
I took the advice...I have rested enough so what?
Re: The Year God Died by scarred9jan(m): 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2015
onetrack:
If this is what the world is like with God alive, I'd say he is doing a terrible job. He should be sacked and replaced with a new god immediately.

yes oh< just like we removed Jonathan
Re: The Year God Died by scarred9jan(m): 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2015
chinkichun:
When I encounter European and American atheists, I'm not so shocked. But when I see African atheists, I'm amazed by their folly given the everyday manifestation of demonic and evil spirits in this part of the globe.

Y'all atheist try to look smart by talking about science and logic in the analysis of God's existence. Fine, you haven't seen God, neither have I. But didn't your science and logic tell you that for every action, there's an "equal and opposite" reaction? And if any of you dare deny you haven't encountered evil spirits and their works, or at least, you can't acknowledge their existence, you know within you that you're deceiving yourself.

That said, what is the opposite of evil spirits which Christians believe their source of power is the Devil?
We Christians refer to that being as God but he's not equal to the devil, he reigns supreme over everyone and everything, just the same way satanists believe the devil reigns supreme.

If you're are an atheist, contact me and I'll introduce you to a friend who's a spiritualist. By the time he's done with you, you'll definitely believe in God. You all just need more proof to believe and I hope you get more than enough proof soon.

I am an atheist and i challenge you to show me...
Re: The Year God Died by chinkichun: 6:57pm On Jun 01, 2015
scarred9jan:

I am an atheist and i challenge you to show me...

Which state are you?
Re: The Year God Died by emitheo(m): 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2015
very catchy title....
Re: The Year God Died by hahn(m): 12:16am On Jun 02, 2015
JimTiger4:

Mr philosopher.... since there are no spirit realms,deities or supernatural powers.... can u pls kindly explain to me how my friend's once pagan grandmother traveled in 2mins from abriba village to Benin without any visible means of transportation by 1am

well, a fool says in his heart...there's no God

Pictures or IDONBELIEVEIT!

It would take the depths of the atlantic ocean to sink your naivette
Re: The Year God Died by hahn(m): 12:18am On Jun 02, 2015
chinkichun:

Which state are you?

Ogun state. I can give you the name of my street and your friend has to appear in my compound
Re: The Year God Died by heryor2(m): 8:14am On Jun 02, 2015
plaetton:

Judgement for what?
I have no fears of being Judged for the quality of the life I lead, and what tiny bit I contribute positively to humanity.

What makes me much much better human being than you is not what I believe or don't believe , but the fact that YOU don't want to be Judged on the strength of character or quality of your life, your obligations and responsibilities.
You Delude Yourself of a free get-out-of-jail card because your believe in silly discarded stone-age superstitious.

Do you see that you are the one deluding yourself, and who should be afraid of death and judgement?

keep flirting with the truth, Maranatha!
Re: The Year God Died by JimTiger4(m): 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
hahn:

Pictures or IDONBELIEVEIT!

It would take the depths of the atlantic ocean to sink your naivette

whether you believe that God exists or not doesn't change the fact that supernatural forces exist and the spiritual controls the physical

in between

It's spelt n.a.i.v.e.t.e or n.a.i.v.e.t.y.......Mr Philosopher
Re: The Year God Died by hahn(m): 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
JimTiger4:

whether you believe that God exists or not doesn't change the fact that supernatural forces exist and the spiritual controls the physical

in between

It's spelt n.a.i.v.e.t.e or n.a.i.v.e.t.y.......Mr Philosopher

Thanks for the tip. I knew it looked somehow after I spelt it but my spell check doesn't work here.

The spiritual(your mind and not some mystic beings) control the physical(the world around you). I agree
Re: The Year God Died by channelz: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
seemples:

If you'll quit all these dancing around with words !

You appear smart enough to use my orange analogy above to understand what I mean when I say 2+2=4 might need faith to believe.

You KNOWING 2+2 =4 is absolutely that fallacy you're talking about.

You BELIEVING 2+2=4 is being realistic because it's so believed that ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, 2+2=4.

All things held constant,all things being equal, 2+2=4 ...(all things means things seen and unseen, known and unknown factors etc)

Same line, All things held constant, GOD EXISTS!

Faith then is the equivalent of all things being constant.

Epic!
Re: The Year God Died by Weah96: 5:20am On Jun 17, 2015
STEVENcrack:

Acting before thinking..but no offence taken.

From my question above, if u say that the chic existed first then where did it hatch from, if you say that its the egg dat existed first then who laid d egg.

In a nutshell someone created either one of this..let's be truthful to ourselves. There's is GOD.

The creator of everytin. D heavens and d earth.powers and forces.he's greater than d factors of space. Higher dan d highest heavens..deeper dan d deepest seas and eventualities of the universe.

So was the chicken created in egg form or chicken form?
Re: The Year God Died by STEVENcrack(m): 6:19am On Jun 17, 2015
[quote author=Weah96 post=34846779]

So was the chicken created in egg form or chicken form?[/quote

If u really want to know, read the book of genesis.

But if you belong to dis people up here then I think the chicken was created in egg form just d same way u were created.
Re: The Year God Died by sundayerhun(m): 2:26am On Jun 23, 2015
First, he was called a blessed child. At age eight,
he won the 1000
meters race in his school sports competition in
twelve seconds beating
the senior boys who believed they were faster
than speed. At age twelve, he chased and caught up with the
mab that stole his
mother's purse in the market. Then, he was called a cursed child. At fifteen, his
little brother
fell terribly sick in the middle of the night. There
was no vehicle to
take him to the hospital, and he was dying. He
offered to take his brother there on foot. His mother refused. He
insisted, remimding them
of how fast he could run. When all alternatives
were exhausted, his
mother allowed him have the boy. "Don't let him die." His mother pleaded in tears. Without saying a word, he jetted off. When he
ran, it was as if he
flew, with the wind propelling him. Just a little
distance from the
hospital, he slipped and fell. His little brother fell
down too, and stopped breathing. He looked at his little brother
with blood oozing
from his head. His cry ran through the dark, silent night as hot
tears took solace on
his dry cheeks. He ran home to tell his parents.
Hell broke loose. He
could stand the blame, insult and curses from his
mother, and his father's silence. But he could not stand his guilt.
He ran away from
home to a distant town. His name is Osama. Osama was found sleeping in an abandoned car
by Uncle Sly. He told him
his story, and Uncle Sly took him home. He lived
there in quiet and
depression. He had swore never to run again, no
matter what. Then he was twenty one. Uncle Sly's wife gave
birth after twenty years
of marriage to a boy. It was joy in the house, but
Osama could not
come out of his room to see the baby. He would
remind him of his dead brother. Three nights later, the baby fell sick. His skin was
sore red, and his
temperature could boil water. It was 1AM, and no
hospital was close
by. Uncle asked his wife to clime the motorcycle
with the baby, but the motorcycle refused to moved. He kicked and
kicked, but got noise
in return.

Read the full story for free at okadabooks.com
Search #SuperHero The Child Saver
Remember to rate the book. Thanks!
Re: The Year God Died by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2017
D prophecy is not about when God will die. But about when He'll pour out His wrath on Lucifer (Satan), wicked people, wicked spirits, etc.

The only ones, that'll be exempted are those confirmed by Christ Jesus as His

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"Any RCCG Pastor That Is Not Humble Wasn't Ordained By Me" - Pastor Adeboye / Ogun Todaju / Prophet Joshua Iginla 34 Prophecies For 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.