Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

The Year God Died - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Year God Died (45920 Views)

The Day The Son Of God Died! / Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 31, 2015
plaetton:

Judgement for what?
I have no fears of being Judged for the quality of the life I lead, and what tiny bit I contribute positively to humanity.

What makes me much much better human being than you is not what I believe or don't believe , but the fact that YOU don't want to be Judged on the strength of character or quality of your life, your obligations and responsibilities.
You Delude Yourself of a free get-out-of-jail card because your believe in silly discarded stone-age superstitious.

Do you see that you are the one deluding yourself, and who should be afraid of death and judgement?
Again, you are at liberty to have your opinion just like many others before you.

Jesus still loves you.
Re: The Year God Died by TheDauraMallam: 3:23pm On May 31, 2015
Re: The Year God Died by TheDauraMallam: 3:24pm On May 31, 2015
hahn:

Jesus said, "love your enemies".

I like your Christ. I do not like you Christians. You Christians are so unlike your Christ.

-Mahatma Ghandi

3 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by TheDauraMallam: 3:26pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

Again, you are at liberty to have your opinion just like many others before you.

Jesus still loves you.

You are a coward. Na cognitive dissonance go kill you.

Keep enjoying your free-get-away-with-responsibility card.

Is he lying?

2 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 31, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

You are a coward. Na cognitive dissonance go kill you.

Keep enjoying your free-get-away-with-responsibility card.

Is he lying?
Mallam, seriously?
Re: The Year God Died by Blakjewelry(m): 3:34pm On May 31, 2015
seemples:

Awww...guy you got a real intelligent mentor...I wish I can adopt him too...he reasons grand!

I suspected Johnnydon just likes arguing for argument sake...like it energizes him...just keep arguing you know.
He later confirmed it and once he did, I backed off, letting him have the last word...then he was like ...one down, Next! grin. SMH
LOL, good to know. Anyway it is kinda hard keeping to the rules
Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 3:38pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

Jesus still loves you.
Lol.
Yeah, Just like he loves the millions of African children that die of malaria every year. Right?

Tell him to shove it.

2 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Austin234(m): 3:38pm On May 31, 2015
Never

seemples:

You see you need to go back and reread my posts...

Understand me...seems like, appears as if, looks like...all in no way mean that God is no more here...it just LOOKS like He's not present!

Of course God is alive and well...can He even die?!
Re: The Year God Died by TheDauraMallam: 3:39pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

It's so sad you reason this way but it's really your choice. When Judgement day comes you will never say you were not told. I'm sure so many others must have told you about the love of Jesus but you choose to deny Him. It's not by force, it's a choice.

Jesus still loves you.

Cheers

Dump that fear of judgement for a week. And live your life the way you want others to treat you for a week.

You will understand the mindset of an atheist after the test.

3 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 31, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Yeah, Just like he loves the millions of African children that die of malaria every year. Right?

Tell him to shove it.
Is that why you chose not to believe in Him? Really?! That's so myopic and shallow if you ask me. Your knowledge of the spirit realm is almost non-existent which explains why your reasoning is this way
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 31, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Dump that fear of judgement for a week. And live your life the way you want others to treat you for a week.

The last thing I want is put myself in the shoes of an atheist, not even for a millisecond. It's a risk I'm not willing to take, ask seemples.
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 31, 2015
seemples:

Of course God is alive and well...can He even die?!
Waooooo....finally some sense came out of her! Hurray!!!
Re: The Year God Died by mytym(m): 3:55pm On May 31, 2015
sundayerhun:
The Year God Died

So God died, and was laid to rest. Then, as expected, hell broke loose.

Satan turned the world upside-down. We ate frogs as food, and it was just one frog a week.

We had no water - not even our urine- for drinking. We drank our tears.

Demons taught us in schools without books. Our classes held in the dark. The sun was nowhere.

Chickens lived longer than children. Corpses were like grains of sand. Death was a friend.

So many more I cannot tell.

Pause. Breathe in. Breath out.

There is no such year. It has not been, and will not be.

My friend, God is not dead. He is still very much in charge!
This is a great piece! **rounds of applause**

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 3:56pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

Is that why you chose not to believe in Him? Really?! That's so myopic and shallow if you ask me. Your knowledge of the spirit realm is almost non-existent which explains why your reasoning is this way
You guys are amazingly so shallow minded.
Is it dumbness, dishonesty or cognitive dissonance?

You said Jesus loves me, I asked you why he doesn't love millions of those children that die of malaria each year. You didn't answer the question.
Now, it's Spiri mumbo jumbo time. undecided

What good is Spiri mumbo jumbo if it cannot help or save innocent children from dying of malaria.?

With your supposed knowledge of the Spiri realm (lol), what good use are you to your society?

1 Like

Re: The Year God Died by TheDauraMallam: 4:03pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

The last thing I want is put myself in the shoes of an atheist, not even for a millisecond. It's a risk I'm not willing to take, ask seemples.

3 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by hahn(m): 4:12pm On May 31, 2015
plaetton:

You guys are amazingly so shallow minded.
Is it dumbness, dishonesty or cognitive dissonance?

You said Jesus loves me, I asked you why he doesn't love millions of those children that die of malaria each year. You didn't answer the question.
Now, it's Spiri mumbo jumbo time. undecided

What good is Spiri mumbo jumbo if it cannot help or save innocent children from dying of malaria.?

With your supposed knowledge of the Spiri realm (lol), what good use are you to your society?

Christianity is about going to heaven. Who cares about millions of childern who die in Africa? As long as the average christian believes that he is "qualified" to go heaven everyone else can go to hell. They don't really care. Even god who's supposed to know better has decided that its is justifiable to allow those kids die and blames it on the devil. Whom he created

What the average christian is trying to tell you is "stop concerning yourself with people who are poor or dying of sickness or of any other noble deed. Focus on going to heaven and it will be alright"

In reality, religion actually promotes selfishness

3 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by cold(m): 4:15pm On May 31, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

They'll never get it. It's a lost cause seriously. The whole premise of a god deity is predicated upon fear of the unknown. The only reason these folks can do any good in this world is hinged upon fear of being tormented for eternity in the afterlife. I honestly cannot in good conscience serve a god who threatens me with eternal torment in the here after. I am good without god. And for the record,i don't need a second life. I'm not greedy. This life well lived suffices for me.

3 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by TheDauraMallam: 4:19pm On May 31, 2015
cold:

They'll never get it. It's a lost cause seriously. The whole premise of a god deity is predicated upon fear of the unknown. The only reason these folks can do any good in this world is hinged upon fear of being tormented for eternity in the afterlife. I honestly cannot in good conscience serve a god who threatens me with eternal torment in the here after. I am good without god. And for the record,i don't need a second life. I'm not greedy. This life well lived suffices for me.

Perfect. The fail to realize they worship out of fear and not because they want to.

“There exists in society a very special class of persons that I have always referred to as the Believers. These are folks who have chosen to accept a certain religion, philosophy, theory, idea or notion and cling to that belief regardless of any evidence that might, for anyone else, bring it into doubt. They are the ones who encourage and support the fanatics and the frauds of any given age. No amount of evidence, no matter how strong, will bring them any enlightenment. They are the sheep who beg to be fleeced and butchered, and who will battle fiercely to preserve their right to be victimized… patent offices handle an endless succession of inventors who still produce perpetual-motion machines that don't work, but no number of idle flywheels will convince these zealots of their folly; dozens of these patent applications flow in every year. In ashrams all over the world, hopping devotees of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi will never abandon their goal of blissful levitation of their bodies by mind power, despite bruises and sprains aplenty suffered as they bounce about on gym mats like demented (though smiling) frogs, trying to get airborne. Absolutely nothing will discourage them.”

― James Randi

2 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 4:20pm On May 31, 2015
hahn:

Christianity is about going to heaven. Who cares about millions of childern who die in Africa? As long as the average christian believes that he is "qualified" to go heaven everyone else can go to hell. They don't really care. Even god who's supposed to know better has decided that its is justifiable to allow those kids die and blames it on the devil. Whom he created

What the average christian is trying to tell you is "stop concerning yourself with people who are poor or dying of sickness or of any other noble deed. Focus on going to heaven and it will be alright"

In reality, religion actually promotes selfishness
Right on.
It is this type of selfishness, the silliest type, that doesn't allow sun light to infuse our beings for positive thoughts and actions.
Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 4:22pm On May 31, 2015
cold:

Grand eloquence.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 4:25pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

Your fear is well encapsulated in the above post.
Re: The Year God Died by cold(m): 4:28pm On May 31, 2015
plaetton:

Grand eloquence.
cheesy
Thanks. We need to put these things out there
Re: The Year God Died by STEVENcrack(m): 4:31pm On May 31, 2015
plaetton:

Epic.
Standing ovation for you, sir.

IF God does not exist then I just want you to answer this one question for me and I would believe you.

THE CHICK OR THE EGG which one existed first and give me your reason(s).
Re: The Year God Died by chrmn1: 4:33pm On May 31, 2015
seemples:

The world certainly looks like God died!
No he's not dead. The reason why the world is the way it is is cos you and I, well I mean man in general, chose to take charge of things instead of allowing God do so. God who will not go back on His word has made man to choose his destiny. For example, He reckons true love by man towards Himself to be such that is borne out of choice and not the one that is remote-controlled as in the case of a robot. Someone defined Prayer as permitting God to step in in the affairs of life for He will not do so uninvited. Those that have dealt closely with the person of God through history tell that God is such a person that is very sensitive and when you tell Him, 'please go', He leaves, albeit soberly. He's mighty but He's meek. Ever read the account where Jesus cried? Like I said God will never go back on His word: He said 'the heavens are the Lord but the earth He has given to the sonsof men.' Men, not God, have ruined the world.
Re: The Year God Died by chinkichun: 4:34pm On May 31, 2015
hahn:

You mean to say your friend is a very good illusionist, right?

I have just one question for you: you may not have had a personal experience of evil spirits and their works, but sincerely, from what you've heard or maybe seen in your surroundings, do you acknowledge the existence of evil spirits? Please be sincere.
Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 4:34pm On May 31, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

It's not even the fear of justice, karma or self-responsibility that terrifies them, but the fear holding a wrong superstition, myth and legends.
That's what is most baffling.
That they think that the supposed omni wise architect of the universe will hold them accountable for believing in the wrong myth.

I wonder how many billion humans will perish in hell for once falsely believing that the sun revolved around the Earth, the previously assume center of the universe?
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

As usual it remains a belief that you think something created you universe. . . The stance of unbelief is not the negate...

I cannot say there is no pink diamond unicorn dragon, it has not been proven so cannot be disproved.... I will only say i don't believe you when someone claims there is until it is proven.

Why should i then go about trying to disprove the concept of a god that have not been proven?. . . Once it is unproven, there is practically nothing to disprove.

So as the claimant, the onus is on you to substantiate this claim, if you can't then your lack of proof is enough proof against your claim... smiley

I have pointed out an evidence to show my stance its not a belief but you still say its a belief...hmmmm...

I say its a fact there is an intelligent being behind the universe and shown the fact but youre not satisfied...

So can you please convince me with your disbelief...

What I see here is one who is not satisfied with an answer...now that means you must have an answer that should solve this misery...

Are you sure there is a being behind the universe or not?...because I see you will never answer this question...
Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 4:38pm On May 31, 2015
chrmn1:

No he's not dead. The reason why the world is the way it is is cos you and I, well I mean man in general, chose to take charge of things instead of allowing God do so. God who will not go back on His word has made man to choose his destiny. For example, He reckons true love by man towards Himself to be such that is borne out of choice and not the one that is remote-controlled as in the case of a robot. Someone defined Prayer as permitting God to step in in the affairs of life for He will not do so uninvited. Those that have dealt closely with the person of God through history tell that God is such a person that is very sensitive and when you tell Him, 'please go', He leaves, albeit soberly. He's mighty but He's meek. Ever read the account where Jesus cried? Like I said God will never go back on His word: He said 'the heavens are the Lord but the earth He has given to the sonsof men.' Men, not God, have ruined the world.

I didn't submit that God is dead oo...reread that post bro
Re: The Year God Died by cold(m): 4:38pm On May 31, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Perfect. The fail to realize they worship out of fear and not because they want to.

“There exists in society a very special class of persons that I have always referred to as the Believers. These are folks who have chosen to accept a certain religion, philosophy, theory, idea or notion and cling to that belief regardless of any evidence that might, for anyone else, bring it into doubt. They are the ones who encourage and support the fanatics and the frauds of any given age. No amount of evidence, no matter how strong, will bring them any enlightenment. They are the sheep who beg to be fleeced and butchered, and who will battle fiercely to preserve their right to be victimized… patent offices handle an endless succession of inventors who still produce perpetual-motion machines that don't work, but no number of idle flywheels will convince these zealots of their folly; dozens of these patent applications flow in every year. In ashrams all over the world, hopping devotees of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi will never abandon their goal of blissful levitation of their bodies by mind power, despite bruises and sprains aplenty suffered as they bounce about on gym mats like demented (though smiling) frogs, trying to get airborne. Absolutely nothing will discourage them.”

― James Randi
Succinctly put. I couldn't put it more eloquently even if i tried. But the way these guys hold on tenaciously to their beliefs is mind boggling. On a second thought,i may want to give them some reprieve considering i was once in their shoes. Indoctrination can have a strangle hold on someone to a point you're ready to die for what you believe to be true. How i broke that hold is still a mystery.

1 Like

Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 4:39pm On May 31, 2015
STEVENcrack:

IF God does not exist then I just want you to answer this one question for me and I would believe you.

THE CHICK OR THE EGG which one existed first and give me your reason(s).
Hilarious.
It must be sunday.

So, the chicken or egg question contains the philosophical and or scientific, or even spiritual truth that God exists?

This is a classic.

Which kindergarten school do you attend at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by hahn(m): 4:41pm On May 31, 2015
chinkichun:

I have just one question for you: you may not have had a personal experience of evil spirits and their works, but sincerely, from what you've heard or maybe seen in your surroundings, do you acknowledge the existence of evil spirits? Please be sincere.

No, I don't. I only acknowledge the presence and butterfly effect of ignorance, greed and poverty
Re: The Year God Died by TheDauraMallam: 4:45pm On May 31, 2015
cold:

Succinctly put. I couldn't put it more eloquently even if i tried. But the way these guys hold on tenaciously to their beliefs is mind boggling. On a second thought,i may want to give them some reprieve considering i was once in their shoes. Indoctrination can have a strangle hold on someone to a point you're ready to die for what you believe to be true. How i broke that hold is still a mystery.

How I broke that hold too was hard but simple. It all began when I stated reading The DavinCi Code - Dan Brown. As a Christian raised in the JW fanaticism, that book made me open my cognitive questioning abilities. Then, The God Delusion Richard Dawkins. I recommended the book to a Christian friend. He scolded me and later said he didn't finish the first chapter. Talk about strong cognitive dissonance.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

This sentence is so strong it challenges the core of the human belief and shatters every delusion, even if it is for a while before fear the reader again.

Then reddit. Oh, www.reddit.com/r/atheism, r/DebateReligion, r/exChristians and finally tons of eBooks criticizing religion. Both the ones written by hardcore atheists and the few wattery no convincing rebuttal written by supposedly scientific religionists.

The difference is clear, man.

Oh, and those days when I had serious sleep paralysis issues and I though the devil was real. Talk about ignorance. Thank god for Wikipedia.

I'm waiting for a theist to quote me for the bolded.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor Jimmy Luka's Wedding In Uganda Sparks Outrage (Photos) / Prophet Joshua Iginla 34 Prophecies For 2021 / Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.