Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

The Year God Died - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Year God Died (45916 Views)

The Day The Son Of God Died! / Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 1:51am On May 31, 2015
plaetton:
Lol.
The above confirms the fears that many faithful secretly harbor. If you have to write this, then you are already not sure that he is out there.
This is more like fearful cry for reassurance.
Pls accept Jesus and avoid going to hell. I'm on my knees begging you, pls hell is real and it's no fun.

Jesus loves you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 1:52am On May 31, 2015
ojimbo:
atheist are not the most intelligent people but intelligent thinking will land you to be an atheist

There is no true intelligence in atheism.
There is only curiosity.
Curiosity fired by philosophical & metaphysical ponderings

3 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Briareos(m): 1:53am On May 31, 2015
Yorubbish:
It is impossible for God not to exist.

We could of course at a time or other question his management of our lives but to think He doesn't exist is something no one is truly capable of conceiving.

Which of the Gods? Allah? Yahweh? Jehovah? Krishna?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Year God Died by benedictuyi(m): 1:59am On May 31, 2015
Professor : You are a Christian, aren’t you, son ?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good ?

Student : Sure.

Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent.)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

Professor: Is satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does satan come from ?

Student : From … GOD …

Professor: That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Student :Yes

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer.)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?

Professor: So, who created them ?

(Student had no answer.)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smell your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

Student : No, sir. There isn’t.

(The lecture theatre became very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

Student : What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?

Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, were you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.

Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class was in uproar.)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Professor: I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.

Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

P.S.

I believe you have enjoyed the conversation. And if so, you’ll probably want your friends /colleagues to enjoy the same, won’t you?

Forward this to increase their knowledge … or FAITH.

By the way, that student was EINSTEIN

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:04am On May 31, 2015
Briareos:

Which of the Gods? Allah? Yahweh? Jehovah? Krishna?

God Allah Yahweh Jehovah Chineke Chukwu Oluwa etc.

Are all a referencing name for the Supernatural Being.

So I am not interested in how the names are pronounced or called

And of course I am not talking about religions & sects & cults
Because I don't believe in them

My interest is solely on God
And I maintain that no one is truly capable of conceiving the idea that He is not existing.
Re: The Year God Died by Briareos(m): 2:10am On May 31, 2015
Yorubbish:

God Allah Yahweh Jehovah Chineke Chukwu Oluwa etc.

Are all a referencing name for the Supernatural Being.

So I am not interested in how the names are pronounced or called

And of course I am not talking about religions & sects & cults
Because I don't believe in them

My interest is solely on God
And I maintain that no one is truly capable of conceiving the idea that He is not existing.

God is a noun for a supreme being. God is a generic name. Each religious sect has its own unique name for their "god".

Islam; Allhah,
Christianity; Yahweh, Jehovah,
Hare Krishna; Krishna

...Etc.

Among all these numerous GODS; which one is no one capable of conceiving his nonexistence?

2 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:13am On May 31, 2015
benedictuyi:
Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?
(Student was silent.)
Professor: You can’t answer, can you ? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?
Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?
(Student had no answer.)
Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?
Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smell your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?
Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?
Student : Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.
Student : You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, were you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?
Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing.
Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?
Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.
(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)
Student : Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?
Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?
(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)
Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.
P.S.
I believe you have enjoyed the conversation. And if so, you’ll probably want your friends /colleagues to enjoy the same, won’t you?
By the way, that student was EINSTEIN
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:24am On May 31, 2015
Briareos:

God is a noun for a supreme being. God is a generic name. Each religious sect has its own unique name for their "god".

Islam; Allhah,
Christianity; Yahweh, Jehovah,
Hare Krishna; Krishna

...Etc.

Among all these numerous GODS; which one is no one capable of conceiving his nonexistence?

Like I said there is no numerous God
There is just One.

There is only numerous languages to which people address Him.
For instance there is about 250 languages in nigeria alone and each if them address God in their own very dialect.
Re: The Year God Died by Joe50(m): 2:33am On May 31, 2015
Isaiah 45:7 ►
Parallel Verses
New International Version
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

New Living Translation
I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.

English Standard Version
I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things.

New American Standard Bible
The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.

King James Bible
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

1 Like

Re: The Year God Died by mikron(m): 2:39am On May 31, 2015
onetrack:
If this is what the world is like with God alive, I'd say he is doing a terrible job. He should be sacked and replaced with a new god immediately.
Do not say things that will bring curse upon urself. U re refering to God Almighty not man like u. Watch what u say
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:39am On May 31, 2015
You can't prove with concrete facts and logic that God exists, by faith alone is God revealed to man. Neither is the power of salvation in your hands, simple as that.

OP, help me out here as I'm somewhat clueless. Is that a poem or is it some kind or reference to a war or a plague or something?
Re: The Year God Died by Briareos(m): 2:43am On May 31, 2015
Yorubbish:

Like I said there is no numerous God
There is just One.

There is only numerous languages to which people address Him.
For instance there is about 250 languages in nigeria alone and each if them address God in their own very dialect.

Please allow me to point out your folly. Are you ready?

Allah in the Holy Quran says Arabic is the only accepted language in Heaven.

And in the Bible, you can't get to Jehovah except you pass through Jesus.

So, can Allah be Jehovah?

4 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 3:05am On May 31, 2015
Briareos:

Please allow me to point out your folly. Are you ready?

Allah in the Holy Quran says Arabic is the only accepted language in Heaven.

And in the Bible, you can't get to Jehovah except you pass through Jesus.

So, can Allah be Jehovah?

Unfortunately
Your folly is rather overly conspicuous you simply jump over it thinking it belongs to your neighbor.

I have informed you I don't believe in religion. I don't know why you can't seem to contextualize your argument.

You would be needing a lot more study to really even understand yourself & your basis for believe & pseudo disbelieve so you can proceed to understand the discuss and the context of your opponents submissions & postulations.
Re: The Year God Died by Briareos(m): 3:12am On May 31, 2015
--removed--
Re: The Year God Died by Briareos(m): 3:14am On May 31, 2015
Yorubbish:

Unfortunately
Your folly is rather overly conspicuous you simply jump over it thinking it belongs to your neighbor.

I have informed you I don't believe in religion. I don't know why you can't seem to contextualize your argument.

You would be needing a lot more study to really even understand yourself & your basis for believe & pseudo disbelieve so you can proceed to understand the discuss and the context of your opponents submissions & postulations.

Lol. You couldn't help it. You just had to resort to ad hominem. Too bad, I don't roll that way.

You don't believe in religion, but you believe in a religious construct -- God? How do you reconcile that?

3 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Echo50(m): 3:31am On May 31, 2015
The earth is lord & the fulnes thereof. The LION of the tribe of judah can't / nevr die.
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 3:33am On May 31, 2015
Briareos:

You don't believe in religion, but you believe in a religious construct -- God? How do you reconcile that?

Now that's how to hold an intellectual discuss.

There was no ad hominem, I simply had to sit you up so we can discuss reasonably and for the benefit of others.

Now to your very first intelligent question.
First and foremost, God is not a construct of religion. Religion on the other hand is the construct of man. And I mean every single religion. They're all created by men. So when you confuse God with religion then you begin to confuse all your thoughts and reasoning.

And that was the mistake & misthought&misreasoning made by the German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche, he couldn't separate God from religion.

And the moment we couldn't separate God from religion we begin to descend in our thinking towards the confusing state of ponderings.

2 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Briareos(m): 3:45am On May 31, 2015
Yorubbish:

There was no ad hominem, I simply had to sit you up so we can discuss reasonably and for the benefit of others.

First and foremost, God is not a construct of religion. Religion on the other hand is the construct of man. And I mean every single religion. They're all created by men. So when you confuse God with religion then you begin to confuse all your thoughts and reasoning.

And that was the mistake & misthought&misreasoning made by the German philosopher, Friedrich Nietzsche, he couldn't separate God from religion.

And the moment we couldn't separate God from religion we begin to descend in our thinking towards the confusing state of ponderings.

You really like sucking your own dingus, don't you? You reek of pseudo intellectualism, but I'm gonna indulge you.

God is separated from religion? Great. So, how do you know the existence of this god? What claim do you have as proof to his existence?

3 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:03am On May 31, 2015
Yorubbish:

How is it possible to separate God from Religion?

1 Like

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 4:10am On May 31, 2015
GeneralShepherd:

How is it possible to separate God from Religion?
How do you separate yourself from a picture of you?

1 Like

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 4:18am On May 31, 2015
Briareos:

You really like sucking your own dingus, don't you? You reek of pseudo intellectualism, but I'm gonna indulge you.

God is separated from religion? Great. So, how do you know the existence of this god? What claim do you have as proof to his existence?

Now you must understand I don't like people who lack manners! If that's how you address people in your family I would not be address as such. If you can't discuss with respect then go get some of your dingus or whatever you call it suck it and sleep. Adieu.

2 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 4:19am On May 31, 2015
Velocitron:
You can't prove with concrete facts and logic that God exists, by faith alone is God revealed to man. Neither is the power of salvation in your hands, simple as that.

OP, help me out here as I'm somewhat clueless. Is that a poem or is it some kind or reference to a war or a plague or something?
Faith! What an excuse to make god looks elusive to those who don't believe in its existence! People keep pushing the emotion about god seriously as though it'll prove itself in reality. It is just a thought of emotions due to lack of understanding of some phenomena in our environment.

3 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by yomip3t(m): 4:20am On May 31, 2015
Can the OP try to delete this thread and seek for forgiveness?

This is the most sillly and dumbest thread I've ever seen on here. How did this trash get to the Frontpage?

I wish the OP knows God does not accept this as a joke or something.
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 4:26am On May 31, 2015
all4naija:
Faith! What an excuse to make god looks elusive to those who don't believe in its existence! People keep pushing the emotion about god seriously as though it'll prove itself in reality. It is just a thought of emotions due to lack of understanding of some phenomena in our environment.

That's what I'm saying! I completely understand where you're coming from. You're an atheist, I believe. You support your beliefs and opinions with facts, proof and science. That's why I said God's existence can't be proven, not now or ever.

2 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 4:33am On May 31, 2015
benedictuyi:
[size=5pt]

(Student was silent.)

(Student had no answer.)

P.S.

By the way, that student was EINSTEIN[/size]

You don't believe this actually happened, do you? Einstein indeed undecided

5 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by Assslayer: 4:50am On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

Pls sharaaaap!!!

That's ungentlemanly to shut a lady up, why not air your own view too..
Re: The Year God Died by Btruth: 4:51am On May 31, 2015
For He is Lord forever, and changeth not. I will dedicate this 3 beautiful songs to the Lord Almighty.

Covenant keeping God...
There's no one like You...
Alpha and Omega...
There's no one like You.

That is why You are called Jehovah..... x2
What You say, You will do...x2
That is why You are called Jehovah.

You are the pillar that hold my life.......x2
Master Jesus, You are the pillar that hold my life......x2.
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 5:03am On May 31, 2015
Velocitron:

That's what I'm saying! I completely understand where you're coming from. You're an atheist, I believe. You support your beliefs and opinions with facts, proof and science. That's why I said God's existence can't be proven, not now or ever.

It can't be proved because it doesn't exist. It is a mind thing and faith sickness. Something made up by those who lack basic understanding of things in nature. Some of these people even worship sun, lightening, etc due to their ignorance. I'll take reasoning over illusion any day. God is an illusion.

2 Likes

Re: The Year God Died by LordReed(m): 5:21am On May 31, 2015
MrPresident:

pure!
a minutes attention to daily global occurrences would definitely make one realize that god is a big Hoax

Huh? is this the same MrPresident? Friend of prophesying charlatans? Amazing!

1 Like

Re: The Year God Died by alotofgrace(m): 5:24am On May 31, 2015
Well based on Op analysis, the year God died was the year rapture took place
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 5:25am On May 31, 2015
Assslayer:

That's ungentlemanly to shut a lady up, why not air your own view too..
I'm sure she must have said something silly that required someone to urgently tell her to keep shut - for her own good.
Re: The Year God Died by Emereolevanwill(m): 5:26am On May 31, 2015
FAITH IS THE SUBSTANCE OF THING HOPED FOR, THE EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pastor Jimmy Luka's Wedding In Uganda Sparks Outrage (Photos) / Prophet Joshua Iginla 34 Prophecies For 2021 / Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.