Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,492 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

The Year God Died - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Year God Died (45902 Views)

The Day The Son Of God Died! / Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 1:56pm On May 31, 2015
ndubueze92:
Young woman! I will advice u to be more careful with that... cos we are not in a Philosophy class. Go get a Bible and study it and u will find out that God keeps silent in the times of ignorance waiting see if we Will regain our consciousness, wen we fail he then strikes...I fear where we are heading to....Its gonna be a repeat of the days of Prophet Jeremiah.

Mr Ndubueze please expand your vision and deepen your understanding!
Re: The Year God Died by HirstMOG(m): 1:58pm On May 31, 2015
I just wish Naija movies have this kind of suspense!!! Nice one mahn!!!
Re: The Year God Died by FarmTech(m): 1:59pm On May 31, 2015
plaetton:

The 24/7 time is mine to spend as I wish.Using it to shame primitive superstitions is my pleasure, as well as a public service to my country. The very least that I could do.
I wonder why some will decide to waste their time trying to prove there is no God. May be when you finally die and face Him in judgement you'll know He exists. I just hope you're not looking up to useless wise men that want to discard God in order to satisfy their lust of homo, lesbi, forni and other animalistic tendencies. No wonder these 10 point plan by an occultic woman is working: https://m.facebook.com/notes/pastor-david-ogbueli/the-10-point-plan-by-alice-bailey-and-the-new-world-order-for-the-destruction-of/10151669226247539.
Re: The Year God Died by arbitrage: 2:01pm On May 31, 2015
sundayerhun:
The Year God Died

So God died, and was laid to rest. Then, as expected, hell broke loose.

Satan turned the world upside-down. We ate frogs as food, and it was just one frog a week.

We had no water - not even our urine- for drinking. We drank our tears.

Demons taught us in schools without books. Our classes held in the dark. The sun was nowhere.

Chickens lived longer than children. Corpses were like grains of sand. Death was a friend.

So many more I cannot tell.

Pause. Breathe in. Breath out.

There is no such year. It has not been, and will not be.

My friend, God is not dead. He is still very much in charge!

The scenario painted by the op shares a resemblance of what the preliminary phase of eternity (just before the great gulf is fixed) will be like according to the most widely published (yet rejected) book in all human history.
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

Exactly the same reason why you maintain the universe must have a creator.

So tell me how you got to know a god is in existence??
You are the claimant a god exists, so it falls on you to prove this claim. . .smiley
So common.

You still have not pointed out which deity created the world/exists?

why you think that deity did it and not others?

How you got to know that deity did it?

How you got to know about that deity?
and I have answered you on that...creation is an emperical evidence of God which I know...its just that you dont know...and mind you I am not speaking about faith but factual knowledge...

I just gave you evidence of Gods existense..now is your turn to show me evidence not based on faith of what youve learnt from some scientist that there is no God...
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 31, 2015
dearpreye:

Hahaha. These guys keep going round and round. Your time with them shall be proven to be futile. They're almost beyond redemption!

Stop pouring water onto the feathers of a duck grin grin grin grin
my problem with them is they act like they dont display faith at some point in there life...they act like all they know they carried out a personal experiment to establish a fact...

I want the bobo to show me evidence of no God...make I see wether him no go go quote one fellow atheist or scientist for somewhere...
Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 2:04pm On May 31, 2015
Blakjewelry:

My mentor use to say never argue with somebody, you might win the argument but you might end up losing a friend.

Awww...guy you got a real intelligent mentor...I wish I can adopt him too...he reasons grand!

I suspected Johnnydon just likes arguing for argument sake...like it energizes him...just keep arguing you know.
He later confirmed it and once he did, I backed off, letting him have the last word...then he was like ...one down, Next! grin. SMH
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 31, 2015
seemples:

So you knew!!!!

@Assslayer kudos...ur student is representing!
Now that you are happy could you pls move on to other things.

Thank you and remain blessed
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 31, 2015
IzonOwei:
my problem with them is they act like they dont display faith at some point in there life...they act like all they know they carried out a personal experiment to establish a fact...

I want the bobo to show me evidence of no God...make I see wether him no go go quote one fellow atheist or scientist for somewhere...

Those folks? Hmmm
Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 2:08pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

Now that you are happy could you pls move on to other things.

Thank you and remain blessed

Just grow up if you will and stop donkeying about.

Yes, remain blessed too.
Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 2:09pm On May 31, 2015
FarmTech:

I wonder why some will decide to waste their time trying to prove there is no God. May be when you finally die and face Him in judgement you'll know He exists. I just hope you're not looking up to useless wise men that want to discard God in order to satisfy their lust of homo, lesbi, forni and other animalistic tendencies. No wonder these 10 point plan by an occultic woman is working: https://m.facebook.com/notes/pastor-david-ogbueli/the-10-point-plan-by-alice-bailey-and-the-new-world-order-for-the-destruction-of/10151669226247539.
Whats all this gibberish?
Were you intending to make any point?

Silliness and faith :
I am still trying to figure out which begets the other.
Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 2:15pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

Again, it is never too late to accept Jesus. This is no joking matter but, of course, the decision is yours - as well as the consequence

I don't need to smoke that Geesus weed to make sense of reality and live a meaningful, harmonious life.

That makes me a bit better than you.

Arent you tired of holding that heavy, empty bag of lead that you were swindled into holding.
Its empty, and you know it deep inside your mind.
But fear no gree you.
Pitiful indeed.

1 Like

Re: The Year God Died by arbitrage: 2:15pm On May 31, 2015
MATHEMATICS OF LIFE
Mathematicians say LIFE is like a line segment
drawn from point B to point D.
What is point B to point D?
It's from point of Birth(B) to point of Death(D).
So life starts from the moment we are Born(B)
until the day we Die(D).
But in the middle of B(Birth) and D(Death) is a
mysterious C.
What is C then? It is CHRIST.
If we put Christ in the middle of our life (Birth
--->Christ--->Death) our life will
not end at D but extend to E.
What is E? It's Eternal Life.
So all those who put Christ in the middle
of their life have Eternal life after Death
But those who do not put Christ in the
middle of their life don't have Eternal life
after Death but they have F(Fire).
Definition of Life For Christians:
B------->C------->.D------->E
Birth Christ Death Eternal Life
Definition Of Life For Unbelievers:
B------->.D------->F
Birth Death Fire
For references, please check the references:
1John 5:11-13; Acts 4:12; John 5:34;
Romans 10:1; John 3:16 &17; Rev
20:11-15.
Make your choice
B----->C----->.D----->E
Or B----->.D----->F?
The first choice is the best. May God help you to make the right choice today, in Jesus name!
To surrender your life to Jesus, pray theses prayers - Lord Jesus, I come to You today
I know I'm a sinner
I cannot help myself
Please forgive me my sins and come into my life
Make me a new person
I have decided to follow You, Jesus
No turning back
Thank You, Lord
I am born again!
There's always blessing in sharing....
so Pls click SHARE to share with others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 31, 2015
seemples:

Just grow up if you will and stop donkeying about.

Yes, remain blessed too.
Must you exhibit stupidity at every turn? I said let it go and that's because I have no intention of wasting my time debating you; I know people who are intellectually handicapped when I see them and I'd rather let them be than argue with them.

Love you.
Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 2:18pm On May 31, 2015
IzonOwei:
and I have answered you on that...creation is an emperical evidence of God which I know...its just that you dont know...and mind you I am not speaking about faith but factual knowledge...

This is where you keep failing over and over again. . That you believe the world was created is not a fact but a belief. . . I can claim a pink alien created the universe and believe it, this doesn't make it true.

You only believe a god created the universe and it doesn't make this true. . So why don't you substantiate your claim by proving to us a god created the universe..

As long as you can't prove a god did this, it remains a claim, cus last time i checked i can still go by your argument and maintain i created the universe and the universe is evidence that i created it.
IzonOwei:

I just gave you evidence of Gods existense..now is your turn to show me evidence not based on faith of what you've learnt from some scientist that there is no God...
I think you are confusing the stance of you and i. . . There is no faith in my stance.
Ok let me demonstrate my stance now for easy digestion.

Me: I have a diamond Ball...( Claim)

You: I don't believe you, proof it...(Disbelief)

Me: here see it..**Brings out diamond ball** (Proven, you now know i have the ball)
Since am the one who claims to have a diamond ball, i cant tell you to prove that i don't when i have not proven that i have, it is up to me to prove my claim)

Now on this note.

You: There is a god who created the universe.(claim)

Me: I dont believe you, prove it..(Unbelief)

So it is up to you to prove your assertion. saying the universe as proof is like using a claim as proof for a claim because you are claiming the god created the universe and am saying i dont believe it...Doesn't hold water...

1 Like

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 31, 2015
plaetton:

I don't need to smoke that Geesus weed to make sense of reality and live a meaningful, harmonious life.

That makes me a bit better than you.

Arent you tired of holding that heavy, empty bag of lead that you were swindled into holding.
Its empty, and you know it deep inside your mind.
But fear no gree you.
Pitiful indeed.

It's so sad you reason this way but it's really your choice. When Judgement day comes you will never say you were not told. I'm sure so many others must have told you about the love of Jesus but you choose to deny Him. It's not by force, it's a choice.

Jesus still loves you.

Cheers
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 31, 2015
sundayerhun:
The Year God Died

So God died, and was laid to rest. Then, as expected, hell broke loose.

Satan turned the world upside-down. We ate frogs as food, and it was just one frog a week.

We had no water - not even our urine- for drinking. We drank our tears.

Demons taught us in schools without books. Our classes held in the dark. The sun was nowhere.

Chickens lived longer than children. Corpses were like grains of sand. Death was a friend.

So many more I cannot tell.

Pause. Breathe in. Breath out.

There is no such year. It has not been, and will not be.

My friend, God is not dead. He is still very much in charge!
true+lovely writeup
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

This is where you keep failing over and over again. . That you believe the world was created is not a fact but a belief. . . I can claim a pink alien created the universe and believe it, this doesn't make it true.

You only believe a god created the universe and it doesn't make this true. . So why don't you substantiate your claim by proving to us a god created the universe..

As long as you can't prove a god did this, it remains a claim, cus last time i checked i can still go by your argument and maintain i created the universe and the universe is evidence that i created it.

I think you are confusing the stance of you and i. . . There is no faith in my stance.

Me: here see it..**Brings out diamond ball** (Proven, you now know i have the ball)
Since am the one who claims to have a diamond ball, i cant tell you to prove that i don't when i have not proven that i have, it is up to me to prove my claim)

Now on this note.

So it is up to you to prove your assertion. saying the universe as proof is like using a claim as proof for a claim because you are claiming the god created the universe and am saying i dont believe it...Doesn't hold water...
I expected you to use an analogy of what one cant actually see but feel...you are using a diamond ball analogy for a case involving one who caused the whole entire universe into existence...

and I insist you prove to me there isnt any God,,...dont think you can run out with the burden of proof settling on me to prove God exists...it goes both ways..you are also a claimant that God doesnt exist...and for the last time I don't believe an intelligent being caused the universe I KNOW so...and the evidence is all around you..feel it like the gravity you cant see that isaac newton proposed..
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 31, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
lol at first this plaetton of a guy was begining to reason with the o.p cos he thought the o.p was an atheist like him. but as he read on, things changed an at the end he was disappointed.
lol..u a funny one@prophetudeme!
Re: The Year God Died by Natifa(f): 2:27pm On May 31, 2015
onetrack:
If this is what the world is like with God alive, I'd say he is doing a terrible job. He should be sacked and replaced with a new god immediately.
you are pathetic! Tell me, who employed him and who are you calling on to sack him. You think that God is some kind of a joke huh?
Re: The Year God Died by sakafish(m): 2:28pm On May 31, 2015
this is touching.... I throway salute oh to the king of kings!
Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 2:29pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

Must you exhibit stupidity at every turn? I said let it go and that's because I have no intention of wasting my time debating you; I know people who are intellectually handicapped when I see them and I'd rather let them be than argue with them.

Love you.

Behold the eruption...ridiculous pathetic thing!

Go love yaself donkey!
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 31, 2015
@johny...i want you to convince a christian here that an intelligent being that caused all things does not exist...

Stand up to the challenge...

Dont tell us the burden of proof is on believers of God...

What faith does one need to know for a fact that the complexity of the universe and yet its wonders is from an intelligent being...

If not you prove me all of us wrong here on this site...
Re: The Year God Died by Austin234(m): 2:33pm On May 31, 2015
U contradict urself. God setting his back on us does not mean he is dead. Our sins may cause him do dat.
My God is very much alive

seemples:

Did you really ask that? Look around you, look beyond you, look far ahead as well...God truly seems to have set His back at us!
Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 2:34pm On May 31, 2015
IzonOwei:
I expected you to use an analogy of what one cant actually see but feel...you are using a diamond ball analogy for a case involving one who caused the whole entire universe into existence...

and I insist you prove to me there isnt any God,,...dont think you can run out with the burden of proof settling on me to prove God exists...it goes both ways..you are also a claimant that God doesnt exist...and for the last time I don't believe an intelligent being caused the universe I KNOW so...and the evidence is all around you..feel it like the gravity you cant see that isaac newton proposed..

As usual it remains a belief that you think something created you universe. . . The stance of unbelief is not the negate...

I cannot say there is no pink diamond unicorn dragon, it has not been proven so cannot be disproved.... I will only say i don't believe you when someone claims there is until it is proven.

Why should i then go about trying to disprove the concept of a god that have not been proven?. . . Once it is unproven, there is practically nothing to disprove.

So as the claimant, the onus is on you to substantiate this claim, if you can't then your lack of proof is enough proof against your claim... smiley
Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 2:36pm On May 31, 2015
chibecanglobal:
Remember you are not the absolute master of your destiny in the sense that the actions and inactions of other entities may affect your destiny either adversely or positively.
The concept of GGod goes beyond what we think we know about the position of any deity. The fact that yyou can't explain the existence of a God does not mean that he does not exist
Yes, indeed. That my life is affected by the actions of people infected with the middle eastern stone-age diseases is the main reason why I am here, doing my best to shred St. U.pi.d ideas, stone-age superstitions and sorts of magical thinking.
Its a tough job, but someone has to do it.

Secondly, I have no need to try to explain the existence of God.
The onus is on you that believe that such exists.
My universe is doing just Fine with or without invisible skydaddy.

You people seem to misunderstand what atheists do on this forum.

The Nigerian mind is overburdened with tooooo much religious Garbagism. Unfortunately, the prelediction to magical thinking robs us the beauty and rewards of scientific enterprise. We contribute the least in scientific and technological innovation and output.

We are so beholden to involving imaginary mythical gods of the ancient middle east, while our African identity and values erode. While we are busy beseeching sky fairies to rapture us into space, other races are busy building rocketships that do take them into space exploration, clearly the next frontire in human advancement.
African mind has been so damaged, that they can only pray to be raptured out of this world.

We need to ditch these God Bullshytes and move up with the rest of humanity.
Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 2:39pm On May 31, 2015
IzonOwei:
@johny...i want you to convince a christian here that an intelligent being that caused all things does not exist...

Stand up to the challenge...

Dont tell us the burden of proof is on believers of God...

What faith does one need to know for a fact that the complexity of the universe and yet its wonders is from an intelligent being...

If not you prove me all of us wrong here on this site...

And as usual you keep going back over the same thing... And i keep telling you the burden of proof is always on you as the claimant not me who lacks the belief. .

This is where you keep failing over and over again. . That you believe
the world was created is not a fact but a belief. . . I can claim a pink
alien created the universe and believe it, this doesn't make it true.
You only believe a god created the universe and it doesn't make this
true. . So why don't you substantiate your claim by proving to us a god
created the universe..
As long as you can't prove a god did this, it remains a claim, cus last
time i checked i can still go by your argument and maintain i created the
universe and the universe is evidence that i created it.
I think you are confusing the stance of you and i. . . There is no faith in
my stance.
Me: here see it..**Brings out diamond ball** (Proven, you now know i
have the ball)
Since am the one who claims to have a diamond ball, i cant tell you to
prove that i don't when i have not proven that i have, it is up to me to
prove my claim)
Now on this note.
So it is up to you to prove your assertion. saying the universe as proof is
like using a claim as proof for a claim because you are claiming the god
created the universe and am saying i dont believe it...Doesn't hold
water...

Once it is proven, it leaves the dimension of belief i becomes certainty..sheer knowledge
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 31, 2015
seemples:

Behold the eruption...ridiculous pathetic thing!

Go love yaself donkey!
Seen
Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 2:40pm On May 31, 2015
Dexema:

All questions are answered at death.
I hope the answers wud be worth it then.

Funny.
So you live your life, your very short time in this universe, to fill your mind with useless (historically proven) beliefs just that you get something when you die?
Lol.
Someone is making a big maga of you.
grin

1 Like

Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 2:47pm On May 31, 2015
Austin234:
U contradict urself. God setting his back on us does not mean he is dead. Our sins may cause him do dat.
My God is very much alive

You see you need to go back and reread my posts...

Understand me...seems like, appears as if, looks like...all in no way mean that God is no more here...it just LOOKS like He's not present!

Of course God is alive and well...can He even die?!
Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 2:54pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

It's so sad you reason this way but it's really your choice. When Judgement day comes you will never say you were not told. I'm sure so many others must have told you about the love of Jesus but you choose to deny Him. It's not by force, it's a choice.

Jesus still loves you.

Cheers

Judgement for what?
I have no fears of being Judged for the quality of the life I lead, and what tiny bit I contribute positively to humanity.

What makes me much much better human being than you is not what I believe or don't believe , but the fact that YOU don't want to be Judged on the strength of character or quality of your life, your obligations and responsibilities.
You Delude Yourself of a free get-out-of-jail card because your believe in silly discarded stone-age superstitious.

Do you see that you are the one deluding yourself, and who should be afraid of death and judgement?
Re: The Year God Died by femi4: 3:07pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

That is it exactly. . .But that u believe 1+1+1=3 by faith doesn't still make it true. .

That i believe 10+10= 1 by faith doesn't make it true.

Your faith doesnt make anything true, not even probably true. ur faith has no weight on truth. you have faith means u can believe anything whether its true or not
It does,
I have seen a woman without fallopian tube who gave birth.
I have seen somebody survived a sickness that is unto death, even against doctor's report

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ogun Todaju / Prophet Joshua Iginla 34 Prophecies For 2021 / Pastor Jimmy Luka's Wedding In Uganda Sparks Outrage (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.