Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,145 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

The Year God Died - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Year God Died (45896 Views)

The Day The Son Of God Died! / Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

Do you know the difference between us, i dont claim to know how the universe started. . but i wouldn't let your superstitious claim hold sway without proof.

You are the one claiming a deity created the universe, i am asking you to pin point the one that did and substantiate ur claim with proof.

But since you cant, it remains a claim until you can prove it...

b.) Since you argue the universe must have a creator, then this creator too must also have a creator, which in turn must also have another creator and so it keeps going.

so you have shifted the goal post from if at all God exists or which God created the universe...forget about which God...let deliberate on if at all God exists...

And why do you feel the creator must have another creator?......why??...
Re: The Year God Died by Ay92(m): 12:51pm On May 31, 2015
What's the meaning of this? And it even hit front page
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 31, 2015
IzonOwei:
so you have shifted the goal post from if at all God exists or which God created the universe...forget about which God...let deliberate on if at all God exists...

Hahaha. These guys keep going round and round. Your time with them shall be proven to be futile. They're almost beyond redemption!

Stop pouring water onto the feathers of a duck grin grin grin grin
Re: The Year God Died by plaetton: 12:56pm On May 31, 2015
DrMaths:
I smell Athesim

Goodluck with ur Godless Life
Good luck?
You Mean aside from invisible skydaddy, you also believe in luck?
I smell a fragmented, confused worldview.

You see, I have full mental soveriegnty, and with that, I am the master of my destiny.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Year God Died by JahsPet: 1:04pm On May 31, 2015
see the the trouble religions have ran people into

most religions failed to answer the question of where are we and why we are here.

in the actualization path of Gods initial purpose for creating human, where are we? what and who thwarted it?

address the issue holistically, and you will see that the entire world is at the verge of revolution!

Mark 13: 3 ... , Matthew 24:3 ...,Revelation 14:6, 7.

Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 1:11pm On May 31, 2015
IzonOwei:

Exactly the same reason why you maintain the universe must have a creator.

So tell me how you got to know a god is in existence??
You are the claimant a god exists, so it falls on you to prove this claim. . .smiley
So common.

You still have not pointed out which deity created the world/exists?

why you think that deity did it and not others?

How you got to know that deity did it?

How you got to know about that deity?
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 31, 2015
What a nice piece.
some extremely religious people be like "what nonsense is this, the OP must be destined for hell"
Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 1:17pm On May 31, 2015
dearpreye:

Hahaha. These guys keep going round and round. Your time with them shall be proven to be futile. They're almost beyond redemption!

Stop pouring water onto the feathers of a duck grin grin grin grin

Lol. . . this is when someone don't want to accept the fact he lacks what it takes to engage in a logical argument.

Redemption from what
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol. . . this is when someone don't want to accept the fact he lacks what it takes to engage in a logical argument.

Redemption from what

Bro, call it whatever. ..I won't engage with atheists when it comes to arguments. I can't stand them.
Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 1:22pm On May 31, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, call it whatever. ..I won't engage with atheists when it comes to arguments. I can't stand them.
Then i take it you get emotional when someone fails to share your belief, why? ...does it mean your belief is based on your emotions??

So bro, Redemption from what??smiley
Re: The Year God Died by fhunn: 1:22pm On May 31, 2015
DProDG:
So I made a few changes to the op...

your modification is baseless..........because..........

'God is existence'
Re: The Year God Died by Dexema(m): 1:27pm On May 31, 2015
plaetton:
Lol.
The above confirms the fears that many faithful secretly harbor. If you have to write this, then you are already not sure that he is out there.
This is more like fearful cry for reassurance.
All questions are answered at death.
I hope the answers wud be worth it then.
Re: The Year God Died by hahn(m): 1:27pm On May 31, 2015
dearpreye:

I can't stand them.

Jesus said, "love your enemies".

1 Like

Re: The Year God Died by chibecanglobal(m): 1:28pm On May 31, 2015
onetrack:

I'd say you are correct in the sense that agnosticism is the only truly rational position. I'm agnostic atheist: I can't prove the existence or inexistence of god but my opinion is that there is no god.
I am agnostic theist.
There is a God but the concept has not been universally defined and accepted.What we still parade as God are nothing other than conjecures passed down from generations to generations and yet to be proved by whatever means that will establish it's validity.
I believe the concept of God can be defined to such level that its validity can be established by man.
Re: The Year God Died by ikorodureporta: 1:30pm On May 31, 2015
Sunnystooth:

You think you are in the Joke section right? This is a section where intellectuals discuss salient issues about life. Go and look for a toy outside and play with if you cant contribute intellectually please.
Doz it look like a joke ...instead of u to claim yr blessing.........Ppl like u wld b d 1st 2 drop yr wallet wen yr pastor says dat in the church...
Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 1:30pm On May 31, 2015
Dexema:
All questions are answered at death. I hope the answers wud be worth it then.
Where were you before conception?... No where, you were not in existence.
Where will you be after death?... No where, you will cease to exist.
If you don't learn now, i don't think there will be any need to learn anymore.
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

Then i take it you get emotional when someone fails to share your belief, why? ...does it mean your belief is based on your emotions??

So bro, Redemption from what??smiley

Emotional? I doubt. It's just that I don't seem to understand them. That doesn't in any way affect my relationship with them....

I've engaged a few....I had to back out. Futile it was.
Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2015
dearpreye:

Emotional? I doubt. It's just that I don't seem to understand them. That doesn't in any way affect my relationship with them....

I've engaged a few....I had to back out. Futile it was.

Ok let me forget your relationship with atheists.

So which redemption where you talking about?
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

Ok let me forget your relationship with atheists.

So which redemption where you talking about?

I don't wanna start bro.
Re: The Year God Died by chibecanglobal(m): 1:36pm On May 31, 2015
plaetton:

Good luck?
You Mean aside from invisible skydaddy, you also believe in luck?
I smell a fragmented, confused worldview.

You see, I have full mental soveriegnty, and with that, I am the master of my destiny.
Remember you are not the absolute master of your destiny in the sense that the actions and inactions of other entities may affect your destiny either adversely or positively.
The concept of GGod goes beyond what we think we know about the position of any deity. The fact that yyou can't explain the existence of a God does not mean that he does not exist
Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 1:39pm On May 31, 2015
seemples:

Did it sound like I was proving God's existence to YOU? You alone can prove or disprove His existence to YOU!
With this, it seems this god is just an individual perception then....?
Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 1:39pm On May 31, 2015
dearpreye:

I don't wanna start bro.
Its only a question... smiley
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 31, 2015
seemples:

The world certainly looks like God died!
rly? how?
Re: The Year God Died by Blakjewelry(m): 1:41pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

My problem with her was trying to drag a simple numerical mathematical representation into the realm of belief and faith. . . I mean that's unheard of. . . Am sure we both learnt something from each other smiley
My mentor use to say never argue with somebody, you might win the argument but you might end up losing a friend.
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

Its only a question... smiley

I hear! !!!
Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 1:42pm On May 31, 2015
Blakjewelry:

My mentor use to say never argue with somebody, you might win the argument but you might end up losing a friend.

Oh yes i agree with this, seemples is my good friend and i doubt if our differences affects this fact...smiley
Re: The Year God Died by ndubueze92(m): 1:49pm On May 31, 2015
seemples:

The world certainly looks like God died!
Young woman! I will advice u to be more careful with that... cos we are not in a Philosophy class. Go get a Bible and study it and u will find out that God keeps silent in the times of ignorance waiting see if we Will regain our consciousness, wen we fail he then strikes...I fear where we are heading to....Its gonna be a repeat of the days of Prophet Jeremiah.
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 31, 2015
seemples:

At your age you can't even reason...daft giddy billy goat.

@assslayer...it appears your student is learning afterall; thanks for saving him from himself cos the way he's fighting for God, it's like you snatched one from the Boko fanatics.
You are at liberty to hold whatever opinion you desire. Cheers!
Re: The Year God Died by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 31, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
If you're on your knees, then I wonder why faith desperately needs company.

I beg, my native Gods provide enough support system for me.
Go to your useless middle east geesus.
Again, it is never too late to accept Jesus. This is no joking matter but, of course, the decision is yours - as well as the consequence
Re: The Year God Died by seemples(f): 1:53pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

You are at liberty to hold whatever opinion you desire. Cheers!

So you knew!!!!

@Assslayer kudos...ur student is representing!
Re: The Year God Died by johnydon22(m): 1:56pm On May 31, 2015
ndubueze92:
Young woman! I will advice u to be more careful with that... cos we are not in a Philosophy class. Go get a Bible and study it and u will find out that God keeps silent in the times of ignorance waiting see if we Will regain our consciousness, wen we fail he then strikes...I fear where we are heading to....Its gonna be a repeat of the days of Prophet Jeremiah.

Yes, the bible... The supposed word of the universal creator, where 80% of its pages contains the mythological history of one particular people. . . That doesn't sound universal at all.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"Any RCCG Pastor That Is Not Humble Wasn't Ordained By Me" - Pastor Adeboye / Ogun Todaju / Prophet Joshua Iginla 34 Prophecies For 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.