Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... (2669 Views)

Seperate Yourself From Religious Bondage Today. The Right Way! / Separating Fact From Fiction - How The Illuminati Started. / Christian Tithing - Separating Fact From Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by davien(m): 9:55pm On May 28, 2015
We humans live in one of the greatest age of human development, the scientific/technological age...

But despite our scientific/technological prowess we are still caught up in our personal preferences, beliefs, and fears....

This topic is meant to promote inquiry and skeptical thought towards seperating fact from fiction....

Why is this important?

First off consider this,we live in a highly social society where each mind has to interact in one way or the other with it...

Our minds are the constructs through which we acquire information about the world we live in and how best to live it I.e our actions...

These actions are going to affect other people in many ways....and in this realization,it is best to acquire information that follows reality or the world we live in...else be subject to states of cognitive dissonance,madness and/or gullibility...

Or in summary....it's best to acquire and accept as many true things as possible and suspend,inquire and/or reject false or unknown things till we have enough justification(good/valid reasons) to accept such claims...

How does one acquire accurate information?

That's a tough question....but let's start by defining our terms...

Acquire - If I'm not mistaken, is to gather or collect...

Accurate - Free from error,precise or exact...

Information - knowledge you get about someone or something, facts or details on a subject...

Now, there's a problem here.....how do we even begin to know we've gathered knowledge about someone or something that is free from error?

THE PROCESS

The human brain is inquisitive or curious in nature....from little we often make guesses about what might or should happen in certain situations or occurences based on our experiences,knowledge and/orr observations about reality...

If I drop a pen, it falls....
So....If I drop a brick....would it fall?

Imagine you asked yourself this question....how would you answer it?....what were the elements or characteristics that made you think pens or any object falls?... You should immediately point out ;

Weight...
Centre of gravity or its balance...
Air resistance...etc

You'd notice that there are often some exceptions to these elements...
Like a feather would feel less heavy compared to a brick, but would fall at the same time with one if dropped at the same height and if there is no air resistance.....why?....what does this imply?...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by davien(m): 10:17pm On May 28, 2015
Does it imply that things which possess these characteristics would always or always be expected to fall if these conditions(or elements) are met?..... yes ...

We call such an observation a fact , because we've conclusively studied the subject or occurrence to be error free or true when certain conditions are met...

This in fact is the definition of a fact ....

"A fact is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability, that is, whether it can be demonstrated to correspond to experience"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact

So through repeated occurrence and verifiability we can draw facts from reality...

ANOTHER DILEMMA

Since we've understood that things could be conclusively true upon repeated occurrence and verifiability how do we know we ourselves are following the best procedure to determine a fact or to show or prove something to be true?....

Afterall....we have preferences, moods, hormones etc that affect our judgement and renders each observation prone to one's own take of it or say on it(subjectivity)...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by gatiano(m): 10:18pm On May 28, 2015
Earth's atmospheric pressure.

1 Like

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by davien(m): 10:32pm On May 28, 2015
So how do we separate our personal takes on issues we need to know the truth of?...

A Measure of Accuracy

A tool is needed that reduces our human input and/or personal preferences to weed out what is actually true and what isn't...

This tool has been known as science , it is often referred to as a body of knowledge but we use it everyday to evaluate everyday decisions without even knowing it....

We ask questions...We doubt claims....We ask for evidences....We collect data and information and relate it with others who also do the same...

It is a way of thinking that has greatly helped us humans to tread safely in reality...

Is this food?...Is it safe to eat?....Is that a tiger?...

USING THE TOOL

When we use science we usual start with a guess that is testable(a hypothesis)...

The test is done to give a rough understanding or preliminary examination of the subject or object...

If I hold my breathe for too long...I should pass out...

These tests are done to weed out wrong answers and provide the likely answer which would raise more questions that can be asked...

2 Likes

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by gatiano(m): 10:36pm On May 28, 2015
the tool is not science, The tool is Mathematics. Every subject of life and time are all compounded inside Mathematics.

1 Like

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by davien(m): 10:47pm On May 28, 2015
gatiano:
the tool is not science, The tool is Mathematics. Every subject of life and time are all compounded inside Mathematics.
mathematics does draw extrapolations or input from the real world to make conjectures and theorems so it is still a science...although not in its entirety....

You'd notice that mathematics bothers itself with proofs and conjectures that are definitional and in the real world definitions aren't used for proofs...

For example we could prove the sum of an angle on a line to be 180 degree because we know what angles are and how they work...

But when dealing with definitions in the real world like "the supernatural"...no known way can prove this even with it's own defintion...

1 Like

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by menesheh(m): 11:03pm On May 28, 2015
These are the good qualities i love and respect about science more than any other medium of looking for fact like faith =

Skepticism (no conclusion until verified)

Asking deeper or deepest questions

Open to criticism or other verifiable ideas

Evidence prone outcome

Actually knowing how things work not resorting something or super natural

Laying hypothesis and theories to help prove an outcome from varieties of opinion from different individuals or organizations researching on a said problems

Openness to modification which completely contradicts the orthodox faith base.

And numerous others.

I will rather believe and resort to provables and than resorting to nonsensical unprovable faith base shiit.

2 Likes

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by gatiano(m): 11:03pm On May 28, 2015
Just because we do not have(most of us) or possess the mathematics of the supernatural does not mean that it does not exist. We simply do not have the knowledge yet.

You made a very good example with the sum of a triangle been 180. remember 180 is a number, the said triangle has length and base which are also numbers.

Mathematics is simply the study of numbers. Even languages are derived from mathematics. playing football is mathematics.
Mathematics starts from nothing =0. How 0 became 1 has a lot of mathemtical connotations that we are yet to understand.

Science is just a 0.00000001 of mathematics (i am not precisely stating a figure). 1+1=2 is not a theorem but a truth, anywhere you go in the universe, dead or alive 1+1 will always be 2. Theorem is not sure, it may change from places to places considering the supernatural.

That is why, we need to encourage people to love mathematics practically extremely more than studying or learning theoretically.
davien:
mathematics does draw extrapolations or input from the real world to make conjectures and theorems so it is still a science...although not in its entirety....

You'd notice that mathematics bothers itself with proofs and conjectures that are definitional and in the real world definitions aren't used for proofs...

For example we could prove the sum of an angle on a line to be 180 degree because we know what angles are and how they work...

But when dealing with definitions in the real world like "the supernatural"...no known way can prove this even with it's own defintion...

1 Like

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by davien(m): 11:23pm On May 28, 2015
gatiano:
Just because we do not have(most of us) or possess the mathematics of the supernatural does not mean that it does not exist. We simply do not have the knowledge yet.
Calm down...I haven't made any claim on "the supernatural"....
And the very definition of it eludes having any knowledge of it....as it is defined as "above nature or beyond it"....to which I don't know how one could posit such or even prove it...

It is a null concept...

You made a very good example with the sum of a triangle been 180. remember 180 is a number, the said triangle has length and base which are also numbers.
Thank you, numbers are still representations of abstract figures using defined symbols.

Mathematics is simply the study of numbers. Even languages are derived from mathematics. playing football is mathematics.
Mathematics is divided into two branches...Pure and Applied Mathematics...
And I believe you mistake number theory in mathematics to be the definition of mathematics but it isn't..
So please read below...

Number theory is a branch of pure mathematics devoted primarily to the study of the integers, sometimes called "The Queen of Mathematics" because of its foundational place in the discipline

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_theory

Mathematics starts from nothing =0. How 0 became 1 has a lot of mathemtical connotations that we are yet to understand.
please this is a topic to stop pseudoscience, not spread it....

Mathematics concerns itself with seeking out patterns from real world and/or abstract things to form theorems and/or conjectures...

Mathematicians seek out patterns and use them to formulate new conjectures.
Mathematicians resolve the truth or falsity of conjectures by mathematical proof.
When mathematical structures are good models of real phenomena, then mathematical reasoning can provide insight or predictions about nature.
Through the use of abstraction and logic, mathematics developed from counting, calculation, measurement, and the systematic study of the shapes and motions of physical objects"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics

Science is just a 0.00000001 of mathematics (i am not precisely stating a figure). 1+1=2 is not a theorem but a truth, anywhere you go in the universe, dead or alive 1+1 will always be 2. Theorem is not sure, it may change from places to places considering the supernatural.
1+1= 2 because it is defined that way in mathematics...
So if today we defined 1+1 = 0 it would also be true... ( because they are symbols representing abstract concepts)

That is why, we need to encourage people to love mathematics practically extremely more than studying or learning theoretically.
please refrain from poisoning this topic... smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by menesheh(m): 11:26pm On May 28, 2015
gatiano:

Without mathematical knowledge, man's cognitive capacity which was preprogrammed in us can actually rationally and critically examine ideas with enough evidence and conclude to more convincing ideas. Probably problems arises from gullibility and lack of enough evidence to back up an idea.

1 Like

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by gatiano(m): 11:40pm On May 28, 2015
Anything science can't proof and at the same time can't discard is called pseudoscience. science changes all the time like a dog waving its tail left and right. Mathematics once proved does not change. so we have never lived by mathematics but have been living by science which is just 0.0000001%, thus plane crash, trains derail, cars have accidents which lead to death. democracy falling because it had not mathematics to it.
However, i do support your topic in good light. doing so, i hope you would tell the importance of mathematics.

davien:
Calm down...I haven't made any claim on "the supernatural"....
And the very definition of it eludes having any knowledge of it....as it is defined as "above nature or beyond it"....to which I don't know how one could posit such or even prove it...

It is a null concept...

Thank you, numbers are still representations of abstract figures using defined symbols.

Mathematics is divided into two branches...Pure and Applied Mathematics...
And I believe you mistake number theory in mathematics to be the definition of mathematics but it isn't..
So please read below...

Number theory is a branch of pure mathematics devoted primarily to the study of the integers, sometimes called "The Queen of Mathematics" because of its foundational place in the discipline

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_theory

please this is a topic to stop pseudoscience, not spread it....

Mathematics concerns itself with seeking out patterns from real world and/or abstract things to form theorems and/or conjectures...

Mathematicians seek out patterns and use them to formulate new conjectures.
Mathematicians resolve the truth or falsity of conjectures by mathematical proof.
When mathematical structures are good models of real phenomena, then mathematical reasoning can provide insight or predictions about nature.
Through the use of abstraction and logic, mathematics developed from counting, calculation, measurement, and the systematic study of the shapes and motions of physical objects"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics

1+1= 2 because it is defined that way in mathematics...
So if today we defined 1+1 = 0 it would also be true... ( because they are symbols representing abstract concepts)

please refrain from poisoning this topic... smiley
Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by gatiano(m): 11:49pm On May 28, 2015
Exactly! Practical mathematics is not taught atall in schools, applied, further, pure etc mathematics are just fancy name given to mathematics to fool people into a fake reality of prestige and degree to enslave people's mind. That is why we have loads of professors of mathematics, physics and so called sciences in Africa, yet cannot make a tractor to maintain roads, to manufacture an engine to manufacture medical instruments and gadgets to build our health system.
As from the baby age, we need to teach our children how to see things in mathematical contruct. With sound mathematics, they then can apply anything they want in life.
menesheh:

Without mathematical knowledge, man's cognitive capacity which was preprogrammed in us can actually rationally and critically examine ideas with enough evidence and conclude to more convincing ideas. Probably problems arises from gullibility and lack of enough evidence to back up an idea.
Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by davien(m): 11:57pm On May 28, 2015
gatiano:
Anything science can't proof and at the same time can't discard is called pseudoscience.
I can agree to that statement although pseudoscience can be dismissed or debunked scientifically... E.g flat earth, creationism, electric universe,etc...

science changes all the time like a dog waving its tail left and right.
Science changes as it progresses because it gets refined and attains more knowledge to give more accurate analysis, theories and hypothesis...but the core principles remain the same...

Mathematics once proved does not change.
And how many times will I tell you that proofs in mathematics follow definitions....
You can't prove anything in mathematics with undefined units....that is why unknown units are defined as "x,y,z,etc"

so we have never lived by mathematics but have been living by science which is just 0.0000001%, thus plane crash, trains derail, cars have accidents which lead to death. democcy falling because it had not mathematics to it.
lol....now I can see that this has to be a midnight trolling scheme..accidents are caused by not living according to mathematics?

However, i do support your topic in good light. doing so, i hope you would tell the importance of mathematics.
mathematics and science go hand in hand yes...and under many circumstances mathematics does qualify as a science...what else is there to say? undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by djdoxxx(m): 8:44am On May 29, 2015
davien:

To Buttress Ur Point And To Correct D Mistake Of The Other Dude,it Is Very Simple To Remind Him Dat Mathematics Is A Branch Of Science Involving Mathematical Equations...Even In Schl, We Av So Many Science Related Subjects,wch Includes: Integrated Science,biology,physics & Mathematical Science(d One We All Call Mathematics),etc. U Know U Aint Wrong If U Refer 'physics' As 'physical science'

2 Likes

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by gatiano(m): 11:36am On May 29, 2015
xaxaxaxaxax lol, Mathematics goes hand in hand with science, that is ignorance talking, i also use to think that way and it is none of our fault, It is the fault of those who we put in government offices to take charge because they lack total practical mathematics, yet these officials knows and understand deceitful mathematics. Accepting foreign entities to determine our curriculum is not mathematics, thus at ages of between 12 and 15, we are been seperated and classified into sections when we are not matured enough mathematically. after JSS 3, then we are scattered like herds into groups of art class, another commercial class and another science class.
So art classes won't have a good knowledge of geography, simple physical nature and study of atoms(physics) etc
commercial classes students would only set their minds on accountancy, they won't care so much about biology, chemistry is all important for all people.
the worst is the science students, so proud are they that they have no knowledge of nothing called "history". A man without the knowledge of his past is infact not a man but an animal.
Yet all those subject mentioned above and every subject yet unknown to man are all embedded in "MATHEMATICS".

Deceitful mathematics, this is the kind our nigerian govt official use, like the frequent university strike, and it is good mathematically for a country of our that lacks the mathematical ability to provide jobs and make every single person busy.

science will tell the earth spins on its axis at speed 1037.33 mile/hr
mathematics will say she spins at rate 1037 1/3 mile/hr
which is more accurate? decimal points or fraction?

1 Like

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 29, 2015
gatiano:
xaxaxaxaxax lol, Mathematics goes hand in hand with science, that is ignorance talking, i also use to think that way and it is none of our fault, It is the fault of those who we put in government offices to take charge because they lack total practical mathematics, yet these officials knows and understand deceitful mathematics. Accepting foreign entities to determine our curriculum is not mathematics, thus at ages of between 12 and 15, we are been seperated and classified into sections when we are not matured enough mathematically. after JSS 3, then we are scattered like herds into groups of art class, another commercial class and another science class.
So art classes won't have a good knowledge of geography, simple physical nature and study of atoms(physics) etc
commercial classes students would only set their minds on accountancy, they won't care so much about biology, chemistry is all important for all people.
the worst is the science students, so proud are they that they have no knowledge of nothing called "history". A man without the knowledge of his past is infact not a man but an animal.
Yet all those subject mentioned above and every subject yet unknown to man are all embedded in "MATHEMATICS".

Deceitful mathematics, this is the kind our nigerian govt official use, like the frequent university strike, and it is good mathematically for a country of our that lacks the mathematical ability to provide jobs and make every single person busy.

Oh my Allah! shocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 29, 2015
gatiano:

I think you should let him land, the topic is how to separate facts from fiction, uh?. By the way, mathematics is one of the tools employed by science and of no much value on its own.
Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by gatiano(m): 2:35pm On May 29, 2015
You are getting it the other way round. science does not employ mathematics. science is derived from mathematics (science is grafted out from mathematics).
Dangote, Otedola and co, most of these people hardly have a degree or anything scientifically related. One thing they all have in common is the simple knowledge of practical mathematics, then, they will employ people of great scientific minds to work under them.

seperating fiction from reality, You can't do that with science, it is impossible. but with mathematics, the arguments will be clear.

The bible starts- in the beginning, God created heaven and earth. then it went further to state that He created all that we build our lives on in 6 days. whaaaaaat? science can find ways to proof this right, but mathematics would simply object, because it won't add up.
Bible went further and God said "let us make man in our own image". I thought God was alone with the animals, who are those with him that there was a need to use the pronouns "us" and "our"?
Science can say the animals evolved. There are billion kinds of animals, we only have few races on earth and we still have some animals still left in their unevolving stage.
Religious people would say, they were the angels. But where was it mention Angels before the making of Mankind? They will say trinity, which means three entities or people. If so can three be in one? can three spirits(nothing) be in one spirit which is equally nothing? or 3 persons in 1 person?

A person without the knowledge of practical and basic mathematics will always and will forever be a slave to those with that simple and basic mathematics of themselves and surroundings. you can be an astrotechinal biologist, you will be slave to a person that knows well himself thoroughly mathematically.
phoinix:

I think you should let him land, the topic is how to separate facts from fiction, uh?. By the way, mathematics is one of the tools employed by science and of no much value on its own.
Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by gatiano(m): 3:23pm On May 29, 2015
Few days ago, A cleric came out and said something really silly, which infact has a deceitful meaning and against the darker people of the earth.
He said, that a person's hand will get pregnant through masturbation and the hand will ask him in heaven. A lot of people laughed and made fun, the Black people made more fun that anybody else of it. The wise ones with mathematical sense laughed at those who were laughing and abusing the cleric, and the black people making fun of it are the most silly beings.

I only ask, what about women doing the same to themselves, will their hands get pregnant? The answer is no.
Then what does that cleric means? He meant, we as caucasian white people are dwindling in number, they have less birthrate as compare to deathrate, More older people than the younger people.
Who is going to pay the pensions of the elderly when they can't work? because pensions come from part of the youth salaries. What will then happen when the youths are grown without kids? There are wars that they created themselves and can't stop. How?
He knows that the Black community population is increasing despite our high deathrate, We have larger population of youths than that of the elders.
He also knows that Black people always copy everything the other races do (this is a mathematical evaluation).

In order for you or us as Black people poor in mathematics and great in theoretical sciences not to get the message, He is going to put it in a way that you /we would ridicule.
All he said to his people is plant your seeds well, we need the numbers.
Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by djdoxxx(m): 3:25pm On May 29, 2015
Atleast Gatiano Approves Religion Is False.Though All The Account He Made About Science & Not Entirely Correct As True Science Puts Creationism As A Myth But He Has Accorded This Development To Mathematicians Wch Is Entirely Wrong...I Dont Recall Charles Darwin Who Is The Father Of Evolution Being A Mathematician...We All Know His Field As A Scientist....Maybe If U Provide Us One Mathematician That Correctly Contributed To Debunking Creationism As Supported By Christians More Than Charles Darwins; then We Can Begin To Take U Seriously,else Allow The Davien To Continue As I Am In Particular Enjoying His Thread & We All In General Av Loads To Learn From This Adventure...Let Me Remind U That I Just Asked U A Question Though Not Direct But U Could Do Urself Proud & Show Us Hw Kinda Smart U R By Anwering The Question...U Talk About Government Using Deceitful Mathematics To Ruin Us,& Only 0.000001% Of Science Has Been Used Up From Mathematics,then I Fear D Damage Dat Would Be Done If 99.99999 Of Mathematics R Used.

1 Like

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by djdoxxx(m): 3:50pm On May 29, 2015
Seriously? embarassedSeriously?....Where Did Dis Gala Dude Come From? Obviously,this Is One Seeking-job-opportunity Dude Dat Graduated From A Faulty-brain Washing-mathematics School...We All Know Every Discipline Is Relevant,u Dont Need To Come Up Here To Tell Us Dat Ur Discipline Encompasses Other Disciplines...If It Does,prove It! Biological Science,physical Science,chemical Science Are All Sciences...Even Accounting,law,political Science etc Are Branches Of Science...Take A Cool Shower,Take A Nap,wake Up And Eat Some Good Food,pick Up A Dictionary And Check Up For The Meaning Of The Words 'science' And 'mathematics',u Would Av A Clue Of Wah We Talking About,trust Me......Hommies,seriously,this Is How People In Earlier Centuries Come Up Wif Their Ideas Of Religion And Impose Them On Primitive Minds That Collectively Endorsed Them...Pity! But As It Is, With The Growing Populace Of Reasonable Thinkers,the World Would Become An Uthopian Economy....Someday!

1 Like

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by gatiano(m): 4:22pm On May 29, 2015
I don't claim myself as smart. I don't see anybody as smart or silly(i try as much as possible to). I will only see if what anybody is saying add up, whether it serves truth or falsehood; there is not smart about that.

If everybody knows this mathematics(simple and basic), there won't be companies such as shell, general electric or dangote company etc because nobody will be a slave to anybody, likewise nobody can be a boss over anybody, thus we won't have any choice than to work together as a whole without complains or compliments to achieve a lot of benefits, and laziness, silliness and lack of mental and physical strength will never be found.
Man have had the love of bossing over his fellow man. If one were to search each of our minds, that is what we want, to one day have our own personal company where people can work or serve us to make profit, so that we can live our dreams. The only to achieve this is never to share your/our secret with our servants, we may if we see that one from among them deserves it. This secret is mathematics, nothing else. However way you wish to look at it, It is always thoroughly surrounded by a well calculated processes of numbers in relationship to time which can be counted as numbers too.
Do you now expect any known scientists or philosopher to tell you or tell us this? They few they told is only to make names for themselves and self deserving praises of nothing.

Charles Darwin made his theory or laws when he thought Black people were complete forgetfulness( he taught all of us were sleeping), to cover his track well should incase the black people wake up, He or they claimed man evolved from lower animals. So today, a racist can call a beautiful young Blackman is monkey, and you see the Blackman sob like a fool or fights head on like a fool. Why? because somewhere in his mind, a thought of man evolving from apes has been implanted there regardless of his beliefs(atheists, christian, muslim, hindu etc), that all men evolved from ape, only the Black people are still on the second stage.
But if this Blackman was equipped with mathematics, He will tell, two Black parent can give birth to any colour, albinoes, and as seen in the news a while back, a Nigerian parent gave birth to a white child and not an albino.
Indian parents can't birth an African child (impossible)
Latino parents can't
Caucasian parent can't
Asian parents can't
African/Black can birth all of them full no stressing.
When all colours are ADDED together, they get just one, and it is Black.
Then Gregor Mendel finish it up Black is dominant all others are recessive, only the darker of the recessives is more dorminant than the lighter.
Darwin was also a geologist(involves, mathematics).

Get a ape or monkey, pill of its skin, and most of them have pale skin.
Most of these greek or indo or aryan philisophers or scientists are always regarded as mathematicians. check for yourself.

Science is trying for decades and century to proof the non-existence of God (that is the only tool that can be used since it is always not accurate)
Mathematics proof the existence of GOD, however ways you proof or do it, it will lead to an intelligent designer, to the ONE. This ONE is also a physical person. The disagreement is simply that "THIS PERSON OR THESE PERSONS IS/ARE BLACK PEOPLE.

I will tell the deceitful mathematics of Nigerian politician later as I see it.

djdoxxx:
Atleast Gatiano Approves Religion Is False.Though All The Account He Made About Science & Not Entirely Correct As True Science Puts Creationism As A Myth But He Has Accorded This Development To Mathematicians Wch Is Entirely Wrong...I Dont Recall Charles Darwin Who Is The Father Of Evolution Being A Mathematician...We All Know His Field As A Scientist....Maybe If U Provide Us One Mathematician That Correctly Contributed To Debunking Creationism As Supported By Christians More Than Charles Darwins; then We Can Begin To Take U Seriously,else Allow The Davien To Continue As I Am In Particular Enjoying His Thread & We All In General Av Loads To Learn From This Adventure...Let Me Remind U That I Just Asked U A Question Though Not Direct But U Could Do Urself Proud & Show Us Hw Kinda Smart U R By Anwering The Question...U Talk About Government Using Deceitful Mathematics To Ruin Us,& Only 0.000001% Of Science Has Been Used Up From Mathematics,then I Fear D Damage Dat Would Be Done If 99.99999 Of Mathematics R Used.

1 Like

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by gatiano(m): 4:24pm On May 29, 2015
I was train up well, I am in a f u ck position. You know what that means? Till I die which is likely over age of 90, I am well catered for, with all of my needs met. Allah is more than sufficient.
djdoxxx:
Seriously? embarassedSeriously?....Where Did Dis Gala Dude Come From? Obviously,this Is One Seeking-job-opportunity Dude Dat Graduated From A Faulty-brain Washing-mathematics School...We All Know Every Discipline Is Relevant,u Dont Need To Come Up Here To Tell Us Dat Ur Discipline Encompasses Other Disciplines...If It Does,prove It! Biological Science,physical Science,chemical Science Are All Sciences...Even Accounting,law,political Science etc Are Branches Of Science...Take A Cool Shower,Take A Nap,wake Up And Eat Some Good Food,pick Up A Dictionary And Check Up For The Meaning Of The Words 'science' And 'mathematics',u Would Av A Clue Of Wah We Talking About,trust Me......Hommies,seriously,this Is How People In Earlier Centuries Come Up Wif Their Ideas Of Religion And Impose Them On Primitive Minds That Collectively Endorsed Them...Pity! But As It Is, With The Growing Populace Of Reasonable Thinkers,the World Would Become An Uthopian Economy....Someday!
Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by davien(m): 1:27am On May 30, 2015
gatiano:
I don't claim myself as smart. I don't see anybody as smart or silly(i try as much as possible to). I will only see if what anybody is saying add up, whether it serves truth or falsehood; there is not smart about that.
I'm starting to get pissed off here....you've told nothing useful so far on this topic..only more of your black supremacy BS... undecided

If everybody knows this mathematics(simple and basic), there won't be companies such as shell, general electric or dangote company etc because nobody will be a slave to anybody, likewise nobody can be a boss over anybody, thus we won't have any choice than to work together as a whole without complains or compliments to achieve a lot of benefits, and laziness, silliness and lack of mental and physical strength will never be found.
How exactly would the knowledge of mathematics stop the modern business-consumer hierarchy?... undecided

Let's use your definition of mathematics(which is the study of numbers according to you) and apply it to situations requiring real world applications....

Let's say we have a limestone deposit and we need to quarry and transport such raw materials....what would "the study of numbers" tell anyone?.... nothing ,because it is merely an aide...

Mathematics isn't some sort of lifestyle as you keep praying it to be.....it's just another branch of science...

Man have had the love of bossing over his fellow man.
That's reality....you can either work for a better future so you don't have to be under anyone in the long run or suck it up......

If one were to search each of our minds, that is what we want, to one day have our own personal company where people can work or serve us to make profit, so that we can live our dreams. The only to achieve this is never to share your/our secret with our servants, we may if we see that one from among them deserves it. This secret is mathematics, nothing else. However way you wish to look at it, It is always thoroughly surrounded by a well calculated processes of numbers in relationship to time which can be counted as numbers too.
Do you now expect any known scientists or philosopher to tell you or tell us this? They few they told is only to make names for themselves and self deserving praises of nothing.
I'm starting to think you're paranoid or have some sort of cognitive dissonance....because that has got to be the most gobbled up post I've ever seen...

Charles Darwin made his theory or laws when he thought Black people were complete forgetfulness( he taught all of us were sleeping), to cover his track well should incase the black people wake up, He or they claimed man evolved from lower animals.
I'm beginning to think you have some sort of superiority/inferiority complex,I can't really decide which one....but it's certain now...

Charles Darwin made his remarkable theory over several trips to the galapagos islands...and he often lamented about the inhuman treatment of black people...

In fact the scientific society at the time(which were majorly Christian), headed by carl Linnaeus(father of taxonomy) grouped Africans as ;

"
The Afer or Africanus: black, phlegmatic, relaxed; black, frizzled hair; silky skin, flat nose, tumid lips; females without shame; mammary glands give milk abundantly; crafty, sly, careless; anoints himself with grease; and regulated by will "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism

While Darwin said this ;

Darwin examined the question of "Arguments in favour of, and opposed to, ranking the so-called races of man as distinct species" and reported no racial distinctions that would indicate that human races are discrete species:

It may be doubted whether any character can be named, which is distinctive of a race and is constant ...
they graduate into each other, and ...

it is hardly possible to discover clear, distinctive characters between them ...

As it is improbable that the numerous, and unimportant, points of resemblance, between the several races of man, in bodily structure and mental faculties (I do not here refer to similar customs) should all have been independently acquired, they must have been inherited from progenitors who had these same characters"

In summary, he stated that no race has truly special traits over the other but inherited whatever present distinctions they have from progenitors...

So today, a racist can call a beautiful young Blackman is monkey, and you see the Blackman sob like a fool or fights head on like a fool. Why? because somewhere in his mind, a thought of man evolving from apes has been implanted there regardless of his beliefs(atheists, christian, muslim, hindu etc), that all men evolved from ape, only the Black people are still on the second stage.
But if this Blackman was equipped with mathematics, He will tell, two Black parent can give birth to any colour, albinoes, and as seen in the news a while back, a Nigerian parent gave birth to a white child and not an albino.
Again with your black supremacy nonsense....I don't see what's special in black people giving birth to a non-albino white person....it's not as though white people are a different species....nor blacks. .

Indian parents can't birth an African child (impossible)
Latino parents can't
Caucasian parent can't
Asian parents can't
African/Black can birth all of them full no stressing.
When all colours are ADDED together, they get just one, and it is Black.
Then Gregor Mendel finish it up Black is dominant all others are recessive, only the darker of the recessives is more dorminant than the lighter.
Darwin was also a geologist(involves, mathematics).
When are you going to understand that a "race" in the way you're using the tem refers to skin color when in plain terms races do not really exist....

It is an emphasis of skin colour, culture and other subtle differences....

And I'd like to ask for where Mendel ever supported such please...

Get a ape or monkey, pill of its skin, and most of them have pale skin.
Most of these greek or indo or aryan philisophers or scientists are always regarded as mathematicians. check for yourself.
peal away anyone's skin and it'll still be pale, what's your point?... undecided

Science is trying for decades and century to proof the non-existence of God (that is the only tool that can be used since it is always not accurate)
Mathematics proof the existence of GOD, however ways you proof or do it, it will lead to an intelligent designer, to the ONE. This ONE is also a physical person. The disagreement is simply that "THIS PERSON OR THESE PERSONS IS/ARE BLACK PEOPLE.
Science has never tried to disprove "god/gods"...because they are null concepts, they haven't even been proven in the first place, hence the use of faith...

And I'd like you to please post one mathematical proof for "god" please...

I will tell the deceitful mathematics of Nigerian politician later as I see it.

Finally, lastly....I'd properly use the report button to highlight that you're trolling and swerving off-topic..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by Nobody: 2:17am On May 30, 2015
gatiano, I can feel your intense love for the black race, but we have realistic with ourselves. At present, the whites are far ahead of us in almost all ramifications of life. All we need to do, to meet and surpass them is to intensively adopt their way of acquire knowledge from every race. They have been doing that for a long time and it is not a crime. The present world leader is the master of this approach. Africans have to stop all this "this is how our custom and tradition" thing. We just need to humble ourselves to learn. We don't need to fight any war like the peoples (everyone on earth then was cruel) of the old did. There are more civil ways to acquire knowledge today from every civilisation and adopting it for our betterment. It begins with you (including you that is reading this post) and I.

2 Likes

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by gatiano(m): 12:24pm On May 30, 2015
You said the truth. But
Knowledge starts from the study of oneself. You must view your own self from your perspective first. It includes, your personal self, Your Parents, Your Ancestors etc as far back as it can take you, You would study or know about their ways, mathematics, sciences etc by yourself, not from the supremacists point of view who are the other races, But from your own people's point of view. This is where mathematics will begin to come in, does it add up or not.
1) We were not naked when the europeans came into contact with us, otherwise, we would have seen the other races in their past wear agbada, iro and buba and okoro cap.

2) The African food had always be granded, We never ate rice, corn, yam, cassava, potatoes, beans without granding them and turning them into soft foods, always with all over greens we call vegetable which is infact chllorophy. These kind of food is best suited for the Blackman's digestive system. any other type is slow poison. proof- check how the Black people depreciate in health. We now can have stroke at 35 years of age. 70 years is considered "he try". where as, according to us ages ago, at 70 years of age, we were just starting life.
So did the other races of caucasians etc teach us how to eat or cultivate our foods? Evidently No.

3) Meat. Most of African people tend to move to river side area, thus they ate more of fishes, and if no fishes, they ate grasscutters whose food are nuts. and those that lived inland would raise and eat goats, lamb, cattle etc. Where the pig, monkeys, crocodile, any kind of animals that we eat today, where they came from is questionable, We never ate chicken(today, it is considered the negro loves chicken), for the purpose of the chicken was for its egg. We never just drank milk, it was for babies without his/her mother and that was rare. Animal outgrowth milk and they stop drinking it at a time, Why should a grown Blackman be fighting and agree over a tin of peak milk and cowbell satchet?

4) We never had any thing called tribal marks, not one, from the Blacks in north africa down to cape town, We never had tribal marks. Fresh skins with no marks cost a lot , those with marks depreciate. the larger, the useless. In order to reduce capturing, Our Elders marked us good. It wasn't easy, (mathematically, nobody would want to disfigure himself/herself, or their babies). So Our Elders did what was necessary, They told us, God wanted it. This were 500 years to 1000 years ago and more. The caucasians weren't the first, not the arabs, before them were the persians, greeks; these were lost to history, even we don't have the history of what happened in the colonization era, let alone transatlantic slave trade.

It turns out that Blackman forgets easily, He constantly must train himself everytime (that another time).

In a nutshell, The Blackman can not copy or learn anything good from the other races. Nothing! We can only learn and do their evil ways, Which we have done well, greatly and in double fold.
So if we try to get water the european ways, we will only end up with cholera and typhoid. If we want to have electricity the european ways, we will end up not having it atall and the little will be nice for electrocuting ourselves, We always having low current or high voltage.
If given 100 trillion dollars to make or generate electricity in just one state of Nigeria, we will end up much worst, fighting for every penny from that money, and wheb we do get that money, we will rush to go buy properties in dubai or sweden.

That is because the Blackman never had a concept of money. money creates the sense of individual greed and selfishness. Without money, all you would think about is the good of the societal development.

We had electricity (clean) before the contact of european or other races. look at all the ancient African artifacts, could they have been made without such thing such as electricity? ask and check for yourself.

check again through google, count the number of African Black people in the world, We can never be more than 1 billion 8 million Black people. Equally divided between male and female. Our population is the most controlled. The use of birth control and other methods used by other races and introduced into us is called population stabilization, and not controlled.

Now on the basis of God, Black people never worshipped anybody like that, we learnt that from the other races (the evil that we learnt), and we did it twice more, even in seven folds more.
Anytime I see my Father, I'll postrate to him in greeting, If I should see You own Father, It is required of me to prostrate to greet Him. If I will do that to our Fathers(Black), What do you expect of Me to do to Their Fathers(Our Grandfathers)? and it goes on like that till you would reach our First Parent; which is not adam and eve of 6000 years ago. Our First parents have no age, They are called First, Alpha etc We carry their DNA. AND THEY DO NOT EVOLVE FROM NO ANIMAL, How animal came to be is a supreme science known only to us.

The question is not whether God exist or not, It is simply to make our people view things mathematically because it is accurate. Science in terms of the white race is not, they guess all the time. global warming or global cooling they are not sure. But We know what is going on.

theAtheist101:
gatiano, I can feel your intense love for the black race, but we have realistic with ourselves. At present, the whites are far ahead of us in almost all ramifications of life. All we need to do, to meet and surpass them is to intensively adopt their way of acquire knowledge from every race. They have been doing that for a long time and it is not a crime. The present world leader is the master of this approach. Africans have to stop all this "this is how our custom and tradition" thing. We just need to humble ourselves to learn. We don't need to fight any war like the peoples (everyone on earth then was cruel) of the old did. There are more civil ways to acquire knowledge today from every civilisation and adopting it for our betterment. It begins with you (including you that is reading this post) and I.
Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by gatiano(m): 12:28pm On May 30, 2015
It will always be about skin colour until they are no more (proof, they are already dieing off). It had always been about skin colour. God existence or not, Wake up.
There is white supremacy, There is nothing bad in countering that with Black supremacy, However, it is not, It is simply the truth which is mathematics. If you push, it is mathematically natural for me to push back, if I don't then, I have disobeyed the rule of natural mathematics, thus, I'm death (mentally), But I'm not

davien:
I'm starting to get pissed off here....you've told nothing useful so far on this topic..only more of your black supremacy BS... undecided

How exactly would the knowledge of mathematics stop the modern business-consumer hierarchy?... undecided

Let's use your definition of mathematics(which is the study of numbers according to you) and apply it to situations requiring real world applications....

Let's say we have a limestone deposit and we need to quarry and transport such raw materials....what would "the study of numbers" tell anyone?.... nothing ,because it is merely an aide...

Mathematics isn't some sort of lifestyle as you keep praying it to be.....it's just another branch of science...

That's reality....you can either work for a better future so you don't have to be under anyone in the long run or suck it up......

I'm starting to think you're paranoid or have some sort of cognitive dissonance....because that has got to be the most gobbled up post I've ever seen...

I'm beginning to think you have some sort of superiority/inferiority complex,I can't really decide which one....but it's certain now...

Charles Darwin made his remarkable theory over several trips to the galapagos islands...and he often lamented about the inhuman treatment of black people...

In fact the scientific society at the time(which were majorly Christian), headed by carl Linnaeus(father of taxonomy) grouped Africans as ;

"
The Afer or Africanus: black, phlegmatic, relaxed; black, frizzled hair; silky skin, flat nose, tumid lips; females without shame; mammary glands give milk abundantly; crafty, sly, careless; anoints himself with grease; and regulated by will "

While Darwin said this ;

Darwin examined the question of "Arguments in favour of, and opposed to, ranking the so-called races of man as distinct species" and reported no racial distinctions that would indicate that human races are discrete species:

It may be doubted whether any character can be named, which is distinctive of a race and is constant ...
they graduate into each other, and ...

it is hardly possible to discover clear, distinctive characters between them ...

As it is improbable that the numerous, and unimportant, points of resemblance, between the several races of man, in bodily structure and mental faculties (I do not here refer to similar customs) should all have been independently acquired, they must have been inherited from progenitors who had these same characters"

In summary, he stated that no race has truly special traits over the other but inherited whatever present distinctions they have from progenitors...

Again with your black supremacy nonsense....I don't see what's special in black people giving birth to a non-albino white person....it's not as though white people are a different species....nor blacks. .

When are you going to understand that a "race" in the way you're using the tem refers to skin color when in plain terms races do not really exist....

It is an emphasis of skin colour, culture and other subtle differences....

And I'd like to ask for where Mendel ever supported such please...

peal away anyone's skin and it'll still be pale, what's your point?... undecided

Science has never tried to disprove "god/gods"...because they are null concepts, they haven't even been proven in the first place, hence the use of faith...

And I'd like you to please post one mathematical proof for "god" please...

Finally, lastly....I'd properly use the report button to highlight that you're trolling and swerving off-topic..
Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by plaetton: 1:50pm On May 30, 2015
gatiano:
Yes, the laws of mathematics are embedded in every aspect of nature and every interactive in the universe.
How, one still requires a system of inquiry, a system of collecting data in order to determine the mathematical variables at work in each and every interaction.

So, we can Say in a nutshell that science is about discovering the mathematical variables that determine the way matter interacts with itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by plaetton: 1:57pm On May 30, 2015
gatiano:

Yes again.
Mathematics is everything.
Even something like thoughts, emotions, actions etc are mathematically derived.

I believe that the universe is simply an interactive mathematical equation trying solve or balance itself, after which it would cease to exist, and perhaps start again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by plaetton: 2:03pm On May 30, 2015
menesheh:

Without mathematical knowledge, man's cognitive capacity which was preprogrammed in us can actually rationally and critically examine ideas with enough evidence and conclude to more convincing ideas. Probably problems arises from gullibility and lack of enough evidence , back up an idea.
Good post, but I must Correct that human cognitive ability was not programmed, but has evolved over the eons, and optimized for survival.

2 Likes

Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by gatiano(m): 2:45pm On May 30, 2015
This is simply divine. You got out the words in my mind that i could not express in such short sentences. Maybe i could, I just love to emphasize.

plaetton:

Yes, the laws of mathematics are embedded in every aspect of nature and every interactive in the universe.
How, one still requires a system of inquiry, a system of collecting data in order to determine the mathematical variables at work in each and every interaction.

So, we can Say in a nutshell that science is about discovering the mathematical variables that determine the way matter interacts with itself.
Re: How To Seperate Fact From Fiction... by davien(m): 4:11pm On May 30, 2015
gatiano:
It will always be about skin colour until they are no more (proof, they are already dieing off).
No....in the last centuries alone we've seen serious reformations of ideologies and concepts....

It had always been about skin colour. God existence or not, Wake up.
There is white supremacy, There is nothing bad in countering that with Black supremacy, However, it is not, It is simply the truth which is mathematics.
That is a very foolish ideology....easily refuted by an age old adage... "an eye for an eye makes everyone blind"...

The very idea of fighting racism with more racism is extremely st.upid...

If you push, it is mathematically natural for me to push back, if I don't then, I have disobeyed the rule of natural mathematics, thus, I'm death (mentally), But I'm not

So mathematics says things pushed would naturally push back? If I push a ball would it push back? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun Please Read This / What It Takes To Be A Man Of God / The Invasion Of The Funky Pastors & Commercialization Of Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.