Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,924 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri (51031 Views)

IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate / FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta / Tinubu: Bode George Free To Relocate To Bayelsa (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by danielChigozie(m): 2:02pm On May 29, 2015
tejpot:
Its a happy day for us as the president just announced the relocation of the military command in Abuja to Maiduguri to combat Boko haram to a stall and rescue Chibok and other abducted girls.

What do you think?
nice ideal
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 29, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
plot by the Hausa to take over the army

Dodomu! Where is Abuja too located.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by darqly(m): 2:07pm On May 29, 2015
hardbody:

My exact thoughts. I thought a modern military should be mobile and nimble enough to manouvre from any and every point.

Your trainings at Sandhurst has turned sedimentary in your head. No thanks to old age.

Thank You, Mr Modern Warfare. Tell us where the present command center is located and who is in charge.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by naijacarz(m): 2:08pm On May 29, 2015
all4naija:

What do you mean by half-baked education? You don't sound educated to me if that is what you are trying to point out in your statement. Referencing Jack Bauer, a movie actor, in your post give your post away and I don't know where 24 relocates command center in any of the series. Please, stop being less fastidious with your post by using wrong references.

However, if command center connotes what you have stated it means something of that nature has been on ground and there is no way that is going to make any difference in the fight against the insurgents as effective as you would expect from such over-exaggerated gesture of Buhari to look competent in his plan. He is only playing on the minds of those who voted him in. Terrorism in the country is not far from his magnificent maneuverability and his close relation with the North. I can remember his sympathy for the group in the past. Now we are going to see how Boko Haram suddenly disappears because he has a hand in its encouragement in the past as to coming to presidential power of the Northerner-by-birth notion in the Nigerian politic. What a play on brains by the old dictator?

Indeed, this move is very fishy. Not until he can give us good reasons for relocating the command center to Maduguiri he has nothing magical on what guarantees he can fight them with it than he is one of the brainchild of Boko Haram to me.

If you are in the habit of watching movies for fun I'll advise you start watching for educational purposes too. Everytime there is a disaster or terrorist attack a command post or center is to be setup near the location. It is wrong to assume that the Military Hq is to be relocated to Bornu. Thats the education that post is meant to provide. Next time you watch a war movie or CSi Miami watch out for that term.

4 Likes

Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Bollinger(m): 2:09pm On May 29, 2015
Jklue007:
Nice move!

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

I often wonder which mo.rons who always like this post. "Amaechi my role model". Really?
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by natty2014(m): 2:10pm On May 29, 2015
DrWise:
Just tell your boys to cease fire that you have been sworn in and don't tell me about the movement of any command centre to maiduguri.
u most be mad,animal.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by pek(m): 2:15pm On May 29, 2015
just few hours and we are already feeling the positive impact.

1 Like

Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by thegideon(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
Well there might be a conspiracy behind that decision, but if it is just a command centre only to fight Boko Haram and not the whole Nigeria Military Central Command,it's good. For example, America takes and give all decisions and orders at Pentagon regardless of small Regional Command Centres(RCC) in each continent which implement Pentagon orders on the ground.
Shifting your command centre to the war front is like commiting suicide, infact it's a sign that the soldiers are not following orders from the control room.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by NobleG1(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2015
I hope the command center doesn't stay there permanently, you know, handing muslims the command portal is not good.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by thegideon(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
Well, there might be a conspiracy behind that decision, but if it is just a command centre only to fight Boko Haram and not the whole Nigeria Military Central Command,it's good. For example, America takes and give all decisions and orders at Pentagon regardless of small Regional Command Centres(RCC) in each continent which implement Pentagon orders on the ground.
Shifting your command centre to the war front is like commiting suicide, infact it's a sign that the soldiers are not following orders from the control room.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by emzila(m): 2:20pm On May 29, 2015
DrWise:
Just tell your boys to cease fire that you have been sworn in and don't tell me about the movement of any command centre to maiduguri.
some peoples' brain is on their foot and each time they stand to talk, they say rubbish because they are standing on their brain.

1 Like

Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by martinosi: 2:22pm On May 29, 2015
joseph1832:
That's where they should have been in the first place.

Its a welcome development.

The Relocation of your Central Command of Country to a Area that is
experiencing instability...Sometimes i wonder if people have any iota of sense
in their head....

Thats like moving the Pentagon in Washington to an area like Utah because
for example they are experiencing social unrest or a National Security threat...

come on man dont you people think.....
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by smajatt(m): 2:22pm On May 29, 2015
stevolinkon40:
Bad market for some people. Chai

bro any latest browsing
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by OlaoluEmir(m): 2:23pm On May 29, 2015
Good Move!!!
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 29, 2015
Its a welcome development, operation zamani lafiya on point!
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by emzila(m): 2:27pm On May 29, 2015
No more sitting in an office in abuja, speaking obsolete English. It is time to go and tell bokoharam face to face, act as a commander and save ur life and those of d troop under u or sit in an office and die cluelessly in d hands of bokoharam. Good move my president. I started the treking before other, treked from agege to ikeja to cast my vote and i believe i won't regret that.

3 Likes

Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by 6280kole: 2:29pm On May 29, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
definitely the naive always are in the land. #jumpandpass

2 Likes

Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by martinosi: 2:31pm On May 29, 2015
tejpot:
Its a happy day for us as the president just announced the relocation of the military command in Abuja to Maiduguri to combat Boko haram to a stall and rescue Chibok and other abducted girls.

What do you think?

This is a Bad Move, and this is not a decision that he should be announcing on the day
of inauguration and it should be a decision placed before the National Assembly.

This wrong wrong wrong!!!!
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by martinosi: 2:37pm On May 29, 2015
Obijulius:
First Shot.

Nice one. I'm beginning to warm up to Mr. Buhari.

Let's see how the shot hits the target.

Why is he moving the Central Military Command of the Whole Country to Maiduguri

This is Indirectly saying that i am moving
the Capital of Nigeria from Abuja to Maidugari...!!!!

And Nigerians are just applauding him..."smh"

Now i am beginning to question this new presidents intentions....
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 29, 2015
naijacarz:

If you are in the habit of watching movies for fun I'll advise you start watching for educational purposes too. Everytime there is a disaster or terrorist attack a command post or center is to be setup near the location. It is wrong to assume that the Military Hq is to be relocated to Bornu. Thats the education that post is meant to provide. Next time you watch a war movie or CSi Miami watch out for that term.

Yes, movies which are not true stories should be taken for fun and 24 is one of them. Not everything that happens in the serial movie is true. And, stop begging the question. I use the term military headquarters because command center is also know as that in military reference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_center

I don't think you are educating anybody by telling me to watch CSI for a term called command center to support making a bogus claim here.

1 Like

Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by martinosi: 2:40pm On May 29, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:

Well i cant say you are wrong..but hey..who wakes up on the day of his
inauguration and moves the F**** WHOLE CENTRAL MILITARY COMMAND
OF A NATION TO ANOTHER F***** LOCATION AND SAYS IT IN HIS
inauguration speech!!!!

WTF!!!!!!! Imagine this BS!!!!
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by arcdone(m): 2:41pm On May 29, 2015
Nice move! BUHARI my HERO! FASHOLA my ROLE MODEL!! TINUBU my MAN!!!
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by chesterlee(m): 2:42pm On May 29, 2015
Maiduguri that has acute loss of communications due to this insurgency and hadn't been restored?

Wrong move!!!
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by martinosi: 2:45pm On May 29, 2015
morereb10:
I don't think relocating military HQ is the solution to Boko Haram. Even of the military HQ is in London, they can discharge their duties effectively.

bad bad move I said.

co-sign...BS Move!!!
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by hardbody: 2:45pm On May 29, 2015
darqly:

Thank You, Mr Modern Warfare. Tell us where the present command center is located and who is in charge.

I should respond to you simply because there are no age restrictions in this forum ba?

My friend go and complete your home work and prepare yourself for school against Monday. T.war.t.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by pek(m): 2:49pm On May 29, 2015
martinosi:

This is a Bad Move, and this is not a decision that he should be announcing on the day
of inauguration and it should be a decision placed before the National Assembly.

This wrong wrong wrong!!!!
do you know what it means to be commander of the armed forces?
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by martinosi: 2:53pm On May 29, 2015
naijacarz:
Guess you guys if you are graduates need some training in disaster management. Buhari just showed he got his training well. With this move he has earned A+ from me. Some of you should take a course in disaster preparedness and business continuity or your ignorance will be shown to the world. Yimu

Ita was a Wrong move and he did it because he know that if he makes
any Security move Nigerians will not challenge him because he is a ex-military officer
but you never fight Todays Battles with 30 years ago thinking...

And the move was not for his to make....he has not even announced his Joint Chief of Staff...

Oh well, we have to start praying now..for Mercy..as this President has just started of
on the Dictatorial Footing.....

2 Likes

Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by martinosi: 2:56pm On May 29, 2015
pek:
do you know what it means to be commander of the armed forces?

Yes he is Commander in Chief...but he is not Dictator in Chief....
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by coldgate(f): 2:57pm On May 29, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:

Emancipate yourself. What is a command center? Please read up or shut up. Your Ignorance is appalling.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 29, 2015
ayox2003:

The command center is not the military headquarters. Its a segment of it that communicates with the foot soldiers at war. Always think before you post!

Frawzey

What's the difference between command center and headquarters? Where the arms are is where the power is my friend read history and book of war games.

1 Like

Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by arent88(m): 3:03pm On May 29, 2015
hardbody:

My exact thoughts. I thought a modern military should be mobile and nimble enough to manouvre from any and every point. Now it has to do with moving tbe command. If MEND start theirs, i hope they relocate the command there. And if there is external attack, we relocate to the boundary of the invasion. GMB chai.....

Your trainings at Sandhurst has turned sedimentary in your head. No thanks to old age.
dont be quick to label this decision a failure without seeing its impact yet.am suprised u agreed with the other posters line of thinking.how does the relocation of a command center which is responsible for communication with the troops on ground become a plot for the north to take over the military.for God sake its just a command center and nt the headquaters of the nigeria army.you might dislike this man but it shouldnt stop u from being objective.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by davic00: 3:07pm On May 29, 2015
The Great PMB, welcome on board, as you belong to everybody and you belong TO NO BODY, what a better way to kick off a changed govt, imagine the potruding stomach of CDS during the parade. let them go and stay in Maiduguri and face the BH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Drives Into Offa Town In Kwara State, Residents Cheer (Photos) / More Pictures Of Peter Obi & Labour Party Campaign Rally In Kogi State / Obi’s Supporter Threatens Tribunal Judge, Posts Photo Of His Little Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.