Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,763 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri (51028 Views)

IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate / FG Directs Oil Companies To Relocate Headquarters To Niger-delta / Tinubu: Bode George Free To Relocate To Bayelsa (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by martinosi: 3:08pm On May 29, 2015
all4naija:

What do you mean by half-baked education? You don't sound educated to me if that is what you are trying to point out in your statement. Referencing Jack Bauer, a movie actor, in your post gives your post away and I don't know where 24 relocates command center in any of the series. Please, stop being less fastidious with your post by using wrong references.

However, if command center connotes what you have stated it means something of that nature has been on ground and there is no way that is going to make any difference in the fight against the insurgents as effective as you would expect from such over-exaggerated gesture of Buhari to look competent in his plan. He is only playing on the minds of those who voted him in. Terrorism in the country is not far from his magnificent maneuverability and his close relation with the North. I can remember his sympathy for the group in the past. Now we are going to see how Boko Haram suddenly disappears because he has a hand in its encouragement in the past as to coming to presidential power of the Northerner-by-birth notion in the Nigerian politic. What a play on brains by the old dictator?

Indeed, this move is very fishy. Not until he can give us good reasons for relocating the command center to Maduguiri he has nothing magical on what guarantees he can fight them with it than he is one of the brainchild of Boko Haram to me.

I cannot argue or oppose what you said..your post gives any rational person food for thought....

But from my prior Military & Intelligence experience this is a "Slap you in the Face voter" i hoodwinked you
and i dont give a sh** about you and i going to do what i want to do move....

This move does not look good..in fact it looks bad..in fact it looks likE BS...
and at the same time he announces that the Niger Delta Commision or Agency will be dissolved by December 2015

Oh well... we will be watching this Presido Buhari very Closely from today on a daily basis
on every move he makes everywhere...

1 Like

Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by boldx(m): 3:10pm On May 29, 2015
Imanuelle:
Wrong move.

Its like a game of chess, you don't gamble with your queen.

Boko haram has enough motivation and once they take it down, we're back to zero.

Anything can happen.

I understand the President's intention, to move the pot bellied generals closer to the action, but it could boomerang.

Anything is possible, and taking the CC down is possible for boko haram.
Thats true in an amateur chess game. Its a decisive game now.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 29, 2015
Bollinger:

I often wonder which mo.rons who always like this post. "Amaechi my role model". Really?

That awkward moment when u feel u are making sense but it rather turns out to be trash! grin grin
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by billyG(m): 3:26pm On May 29, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
a direct ploy to restablish Northern domination of Nigeria military.. soon he will relocate the Navy to Lake chad ..with all the military hardwares in his backyard he wont fear coup
Those ignorant tNiod has started again let him ,them redominate d military na his time 2 shine when Gej turn Tompolo 2 flag officer commanding d eastern naval territorial water,hevean no fall.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 29, 2015
blueseacats:

What's the difference between command center and headquarters? Where the arms are is where the power is my friend read history and book of war games.
Don't mind most people posting here who doesn't know what that means than arguing blindly. They don't know that in military command center means headquarters. They have just been deceived by their overlord, a former military dictator! Jeez! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by jullary(m): 3:38pm On May 29, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
plot by the Hausa to take over the army
education! Education! Why do u forsake some people!
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by tejpot(m): 3:40pm On May 29, 2015
martinosi:

This is a Bad Move, and this is not a decision that he should be announcing on the day
of inauguration and it should be a decision placed before the National Assembly.

This wrong wrong wrong!!!!

What does GCFR stand for?
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by billyG(m): 3:48pm On May 29, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
maybe Buhari is now too old to understand the technicality of millitary strikes we have modern equipments to control the command centre from any location.. command centre is not suppose to be at the front line because it is the commander centre of the whole Nigeria.. is boko haram the only challenge in this country what about protecting our oil and water ways in the creek?
Mumu no go oo!command center can be establish anywher in a giffy,it is where d battle is plotted 1st b4 execution,pot bellied generals shy away frm d war zone while common foot soldiers are kill like duckfowl,i just remember one gen.Rotimi standing court marshal for running away when BH attacked leaving everything 4 them,He!He!!no more sleep 4 d Gen.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by naijacarz(m): 3:48pm On May 29, 2015
Must me educate ourselves on every little detail that just needs simple comprehension of idea. First, moving command centre to Maiduguri simply means more of the decisions on the war on Boko Haram will come from the people on ground not from a big oga in Abuja. My citing the series is to show you what the intelligent people do in such situations. What you see on those series is what typical serious minded people do in reality.

The military hq remains in Abuja, it is only a sloow poke that will assume that can be moved however key decisions on a day to day basis will be taken by the command center. It's like running a branch office without the MD telling you what to at every turn from Lagos. I am a Business Continuity Professional and I am saying it is a strategic move not a political one as many individuals are saying here.
all4naija:

Yes, movies which are not true stories should be taken for fun and 24 is one of them. Not everything that happens in the serial movie is true. And, stop begging the question. I use the term military headquarters because command center is also know as that in military reference.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_center
I don't think you are educating anybody by telling me to watch CSI for a term called command center to support making a bogus claim here.

In any case it's a free world and you can believe whatever you want.

1 Like

Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 29, 2015
naijacarz:
Must me educate ourselves on every little detail that just needs simple comprehension of idea. First, moving command centre to Maiduguri simply means more of the decisions on the war on Boko Haram will come from the people on ground not from a big oga in Abuja. My citing the series is to show you what the intelligent people do in such situations. What you see on those series is what typical serious minded people do in reality.

The military hq remains in Abuja, it is only a sloow poke that will assume that can be moved however key decisions on a day to day basis will be taken by the command center . It's like running a branch office without the MD telling you what to at every turn from Lagos. I am a Business Continuity Professional and I am saying it is a strategic move not a political one as many individuals are saying here.

In any case it's a free world and you can believe whatever you want.
Lol @ the bold. You think headquarters are about buildings when they are about control. keep blabbing and think I will take your post serious.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by billyG(m): 3:58pm On May 29, 2015
all4naija:

Don't mind most people posting here who doesn't know what that means than arguing blindly. They don't know that in military command center means headquarters. They have just been deceived by their overlord, a former military dictator! Jeez! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
My frd every state has Army command center HQ hav u heard of Garrisson command,2nd mechanised brigade,82 division e.t.c B4?wher we hav a war situation they shld move d command 2 FEBA.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 29, 2015
billyG:

My frd every state has Army command center HQ hav u heard of Garrisson command,2nd mechanised brigade,82 division e.t.c B4?wher we hav a war situation they shld move d command 2 FEBA.
Bwahaha... Another attempt to prove nothing. There are those already in Borno Maiduguri. I laugh at you. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by naijacarz(m): 4:04pm On May 29, 2015
all4naija:
Lol @ the bold. You think headquarters are about buildings when they are about control. keep blabbing and think I will take your post serious.

I guess you think the HQ is the head of the military, the moment he moves the HQ has moved. I laugh in Spanish. You are getting all wrong. Command post or center is not the HQ. Wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ARMbgk5b4U
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 29, 2015
naijacarz:

I guess you think the HQ is the head of the military, the moment he moves the HQ has moved. I laugh in Spanish. You are getting all wrong. Command post or center is not the HQ. Wow
Whatever! Command center in military term is the same thing as headquarters. If you don't know what that means it is time you start telling your dictator of a president to learn to use right terms when making speech. Oh, I forget he is a certifigate recipient.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by castrokins(m): 4:10pm On May 29, 2015
tejpot:
Its a happy day for us as the president just announced the relocation of the military command in Abuja to Maiduguri to combat Boko haram to a stall and rescue Chibok and other abducted girls.

What do you think?

Wait, Is Maiduguri The Capital Of Nigeria? Why Must The Nigerian Military Command Be Moved From The Nation's Capital??
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by naijacarz(m): 4:16pm On May 29, 2015
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by naijacarz(m): 4:21pm On May 29, 2015
A brand-new U.S. military headquarters in Afghanistan. And nobody to use it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/a-brand-new-us-military-headquarters-in-afghanistan-and-nobody-to-use-it/2013/07/09/2bb73728-e8cd-11e2-a301-ea5a8116d211_story.html

The American military has relocated it's HQ to Afghanistan. What is Obama thinking?
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by naijacarz(m): 4:22pm On May 29, 2015
Don't let the word command confuse you.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by okonelfg(m): 4:37pm On May 29, 2015
And the boko boys will relocate to abuja grin
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by naijacarz(m): 4:39pm On May 29, 2015
all4naija:
Whatever! Command center in military term is the same thing as headquarters. If you don't know what that means it is time you start telling your dictator of a president to learn to use right terms when making speech. Oh, I forget he is a certifigate recipient.

Really?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/a-brand-new-us-military-headquarters-in-afghanistan-and-nobody-to-use-it/2013/07/09/2bb73728-e8cd-11e2-a301-ea5a8116d211_story.html

The American military has relocated it's HQ to Afghanistan. What is Obama thinking?

United States Africa Command,(U.S. AFRICOM) is one of six of the U.S. Defense Department's geographic combatant commands and is responsible to the Secretary of Defense for military relations with African nations, the African Union, and African regional security organizations. A full-spectrum combatant command, U.S. AFRICOM is responsible for all U.S. Department of Defense operations, exercises, and security cooperation on the African continent, its island nations, and surrounding waters. AFRICOM began initial operations on Oct. 1, 2007, and officially became an independent command on Oct. 1, 2008.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by AlPeter: 4:43pm On May 29, 2015
"A command center or command centre (often called a war room) is any place that is used to provide centralized command for some purpose. While frequently considered to be a military facility, these can be used in many other cases by governments or businesses. Is a facility from which a commander and his or her representatives direct operations and control forces. It is organized to gather, process, analyze, display, and disseminate planning and operational data and perform other related tasks. Also called CC. "
Hope I have been able to enlighten some people.....SMH
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by AlPeter: 4:46pm On May 29, 2015
livebullet:
..... lets not let our irrate mood make us shower praises over irrelevant ideas. tell me what has the situation of command centre in abj and its relocation to bornu got to do wit curbing insurgency....? Equip d army and depoliticize n detribalize its ranks..dis is d only way d army can curb dis menance....So if Niger Delta insurgency developes again are we sayin vommand centre be moved to warri or gbaramatu....any way welcome to CLUELESS administratrion Season 2 Ft. Buhari n d OP
GUY, abeg go buy some sense na if you no get
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 29, 2015
naijacarz:

Really?

United States Africa Command,(U.S. AFRICOM) is one of six of the U.S. Defense Department's geographic combatant commands and is responsible to the Secretary of Defense for military relations with African nations, the African Union, and African regional security organizations. A full-spectrum combatant command, U.S. AFRICOM is responsible for all U.S. Department of Defense operations, exercises, and security cooperation on the African continent, its island nations, and surrounding waters. AFRICOM began initial operations on Oct. 1, 2007, and officially became an independent command on Oct. 1, 2008.

You are only getting yourself confused. The fact that you don't know what command center means give your posts away. To use buildings as new military headquarters in Afghanistan is arguably different from relocating headquarters. In fact, that headquarters in the east Asian nation is regional headquarters like regional headquarters many companies have. I repeat, in the case of Buhari, they are relocating the command center not building a new one as regional headquarters. You are still begging the question looking online for any page which has HEADQUARTERS to support your overlord Buhari mistake already.
angry
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by AlPeter: 4:57pm On May 29, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
maybe Buhari is now too old to understand the technicality of millitary strikes we have modern equipments to control the command centre from any location.. command centre is not suppose to be at the front line because it is the commander centre of the whole Nigeria.. is boko haram the only challenge in this country what about protecting our oil and water ways in the creek?
"COMMAND CENTRE OF THE WHOLE NIGERIA?"..... What are they teaching kids in schools these days.?
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by billyG(m): 5:00pm On May 29, 2015
chesterlee:
Maiduguri that has acute loss of communications due to this insurgency and hadn't been restored?

Wrong move!!!
D army has a there on way of communication even b4 d advent of GSM.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by stevolinkon40: 5:01pm On May 29, 2015
smajatt:

bro any latest browsing
whatsapp me. Definitely

1 Like

Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Cannonleo(m): 5:07pm On May 29, 2015
less than a few hours into his stint as president.i can only say that this an unforeseeable error which i pray will not become the norm in COIN OPPS FOR the military.i understand where PMB is coming from someone trained and doctored in the doctrine of concentration of fire rather than mobility.
the fact still remains the
the 7 division (maimalari barracks) borno state is the command and control asset saddled with the responsibility of dictating the activities of element in it AOR(area of responsibility)
other sub divisions exist in that structure in CT-coin operations in the area such as the 104 batt konduga.every Command(battalion,brigade,regiment etc) either digitally or analog in nature is a command and control asset with a special sub motive..

to the simple it is laudable and decisive,to political jobbers his is the man of the moment,to unconcerned individuals let just get Bh done with abi.

some people fail to understand that whatever we achieve now will be a pointer to our deployment protocols in a conventional conflict.
moving the entire command and control structure(which i doubt will not happen) is as good as pointing out that your entire central asset has no integration channels..

i would have loved to hear him say that the concentration would have been of mobile assets(special forces)
pushing the Central CC structure for which the 7 div is answerable to is a good as deleting the powers of the 7 div hence there is no need for the 7 div and no presence of concentrated structure..
it negates the doctrine for which the 72 Mobile strike force was created..

for those of you thinking that pushing CC will not be tantamount to leaving the center void.una dey craze.
some people fail to realize that modification and improvement are all we need to continously evolve.

typical 1980 fire brigade approach ask the iraqis in the iraq-iran war(a conventional war and not even COIN) of that era and they will educate you more on how unstable this move is..
lets see how it goes viva nigeria
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by billyG(m): 5:08pm On May 29, 2015
all4naija:

You are only getting yourself confused. The fact that you don't know what command center means give your posts away. To use buildings as new military headquarters in Afghanistan is arguably different from relocating headquarters. In fact, that headquarters in the east Asian nation is regional headquarters like regional headquarters many companies have. I repeat, in the case of Buhari, they are relocating the command center not building a new one as regional headquarters. You are still begging the question looking online for any page which has HEADQUARTERS to support your overlord Buhari mistake already.
angry
D not get yurself confuse what PMB meant waz all d pot bellied generals that shy away frm war & patronise bars in Abj will now go 2 maiduguri 2 earn their pay comfront BH face 2 face,minimah,olukolade & co shall live & sleep in sambissa forest hence forth.just like saying all politicians must enrol their children in public school.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by 989900: 5:09pm On May 29, 2015
I'm still trying to figure how those against the movement think they know more than the General and his military/intelligence advisers.

Are you guys really this presumptuous?!
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 29, 2015
billyG:

D not get yurself confuse what PMB meant waz all d pot bellied generals that shy away frm war & patronise bars in Abj will now go 2 maiduguri 2 earn their pay comfront BH face 2 face,minimah,olukolade & co shall live & sleep in sambissa forest hence forth.just like saying all politicians must enrol their children in public school.
You are the one seeing it that way. Relocating a command center is moving a military headquarters. So stop making pointless insinuation that is not helping to support your argument in positive way.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by joseph1832(m): 5:13pm On May 29, 2015
martinosi:

The Relocation of your Central Command of Country to a Area that is
experiencing instability...Sometimes i wonder if people have any iota of sense
in their head....

Thats like moving the Pentagon in Washington to an area like Utah because
for example they are experiencing social unrest or a National Security threat...

come on man dont you people think.....
Don't compare things which you don't understand.

Even you who is full of sense should know that the central command of U.S is at the White House!.

The Pentagon only serve as the HQ of the armed forces of the U.S.

Indeed I believe you have too much sense.
Re: Command Centre In Abuja To Relocate To Maiduguri by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 29, 2015
He shouldn't forget to bring back Chibok girls !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Hope Uzodinma Infected My Wife With HIV-AIDS" - Godwin Ebubeagu Ekenulo / More Pictures Of Peter Obi & Labour Party Campaign Rally In Kogi State / Bukola Saraki Drives Into Offa Town In Kwara State, Residents Cheer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.