Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,683 members, 7,831,118 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos (14725 Views)

CIA Agent Trying To Recruit Russian Intelligence Officer Detained In Moscow - FS / Fifteen US States File Petition To Secede From The United States / The United States Is The Only Country That Have Laws For Its Citizens Happiness! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by kamber: 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2009
Abeg, why dem no want IJAWS they can save money on training if this is all because of the recession, cos those are already well trained MILITANTS from the creeks; grin As a matter of fact, bullets no dey enter ijaw millitants body!!! Ask Alhaji Asari Dokubo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2009
Anyway, the U.s chose the igbos because of one thing, SENSE, grin
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by merge(f): 5:30am On Feb 27, 2009
[size=90pt]IGBOS DON"T JOIN THE ARMY [/size]

Accidentally, I found this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc8-idj87L0
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by DaPhoenix(f): 5:35am On Feb 27, 2009
This is too weird.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by naijaking1: 6:53am On Feb 27, 2009
American Black Supremacy organizations have no love for Africans despite all the rhetorics-----guys beware.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by merge(f): 8:06am On Feb 27, 2009
naijaking1:

American Black Supremacy organizations have no love for Africans despite all the rhetorics-----guys beware.

You are so dumb.

You are talking about black supremacy lol. I think you confused it with white supremacy. What is are you talking about?

Everything he is saying I was saying before.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by naijaking1: 8:13am On Feb 27, 2009
merge:

You are so dumb.

You are talking about black supremacy lol. I think you confused it with white supremacy. What is are you talking about?

Everything he is saying I was saying before.
Either you're out to decieve and confuse yourself, or you're down right retarded. The black Americans proclaiming civil right, black unity, and "love" for Africa has no real interest in helping Africans in America or in Africa.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by merge(f): 8:17am On Feb 27, 2009
naijaking1:

Either you're out to decieve and confuse yourself, or you're down right retarded. The black Americans proclaiming civil right, black unity, and "love" for Africa has no real interest in helping Africans in America or in Africa.

What has whites done for Africa, they have caused us WAY more Problems than Black Americans.

What interest have Whites had to help Africa?

Africans always trying to defend WHITES over Black Americans just to feel above them.

Don't be deceived.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by naijaking1: 8:27am On Feb 27, 2009
merge:

What has whites done for Africa, they have caused us WAY more Problems than Black Americans.

What interest have Whites had to help Africa?

Africans always trying to defend WHITES over Black Americans just to feel above them.

Don't be deceived.
White America hasn't done much for Africa, but Black Americans who don't give a damn about Africa can't and wouldn't do anything for us either. So, stop peddling this pirated, stupid, and badly presented video as a fact.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by merge(f): 8:30am On Feb 27, 2009
naijaking1:

White America hasn't done much for Africa, but Black Americans who don't give a damn about Africa can't and wouldn't do anything for us either. So, stop peddling this pirated, stupid, and badly presented video as a fact.

Nigerians like you always think they know it all.

I was saying this before the video.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by uncletucco: 12:48pm On Feb 27, 2009
what did the Igbo's do to other Nigerians in this country to warrant being labelled as money lovers, it is certainly not fair considering the fact that other Nigerian even love and pursue money more than the Igbo, the Igbo have been contributing tremendously to the business environment of Nigeria right from time,with their own EFFORTS, yet they are labelled as Money lovers who can do anything for money.Considering the prevailing CORRUPTION TREND currently reigning in Nigeria,if a factual census of all the corrupt leaders and individuals in Nigeria is carried out, I am sure that the Igbos will not top the list of Most Corrupt(MOney loving) pple in Nigeria.Enough of this unjustified stereotyping.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by lawwyblack(m): 1:11pm On Feb 27, 2009
YOUR OPINION IS ALL WE NEED TO MAKE NIGERIA BETTER TODAY, VISIT http://greenwhitepolls.com/ THANKS
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Bbeee: 2:08am On Mar 09, 2009
i did not know why all of you hate IGBOS so much God will punish all of you Biafra ,is going so you guys should stop westing your time and live igbo alone fools
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by kkkng(m): 11:12am On Mar 26, 2009
what did the Igbo's do to other Nigerians in this country to warrant being labelled as money lovers, it is certainly not fair considering the fact that other Nigerian even love and pursue money more than the Igbo, the Igbo have been contributing tremendously to the business environment of Nigeria right from time,with their own EFFORTS, yet they are labelled as Money lovers who can do anything for money.Considering the prevailing CORRUPTION TREND currently reigning in Nigeria,if a factual census of all the corrupt leaders and individuals in Nigeria is carried out, I am sure that the Igbos will not top the list of Most Corrupt(MOney loving) pple in Nigeria.Enough of this unjustified cliche!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro, that's the order of the day, It actually brings out the best in Igbos.

The whole Nigeria is united against Igbos, Children, Papa, mama, pastors, no one is spared. If only Igbos will believe it.

Whenever a yoruba says to any Igbo friend or colleague " you are different from other Igbo people" just know that you are about to be used or about to get something from u. You cannot be different from your people.

U are my friend only if u like my people but hate me or somethings I do and not the other way round - like me and hate my people, I am a subset of my people so there is no way u can hate them and still claim u like me.

Are you guys still asking why US Army wants the Igbo?

They are most read in Africa, most traveled in Africa, they are resilient, bold and not as cowardice as yoruba or unintelligent/lazy like northerners, most experienced about what obtains in Nigeria and Africa, they have an objective view of every other part / poeple of Nigeria, they speak the other languages of Nigeria. So pick an Igbo person, you don't need hausa or yoruba because he/she can speak/read/understand/write both other laguages.

Other tribes are always silent but we know the path they will toe.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by EzeUche0(m): 7:54am On Nov 12, 2010
I remember when I first heard about this, many Nigerians were running around crazy. Not going to name from which group.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by DapoBear(m): 8:22am On Nov 12, 2010
Reading through this, this seems more like they are interested in Igbo speakers for Niger delta reasons.

There are other more general programs by which immigrants can join the US Army to gain citizenship.

Still, it seems quite nice to have people with US Army training.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by martinosi: 10:53am On Nov 12, 2010
kayusa:

Don't be deceived New York Times is just trying to sell their paper.It must be rumors because we have not had anything about this .I am talking from the point view of an insider who is in the system but,if it does happen I hope some naijas do take advantage of it and act as soon as their can but as of now their is no such thing going on in the US Army.If you join you are on your own and you must have a Green Card to join the military and also you will have to take ASVAB it does not matter the branch you want to join which means study your ASVAB guide and be ready to use the computer.

Looks like you are Deceived!!!

Are u even living in the USA, ?

Have you not heard of Africom?

And yes even the Pentagon Knows that Ibos are One of the Most
Intelligent ethnic groups in Africa,

Some of you need to wake up and understand what time it is!

Although this is not new it is being accelerated at this point in time,

I know a Yuroba Guy, a cousin of my friend that was going to be deported
for oversaying in the "USA" but was offered the option of Joining the military due to his "Exceptional Engineering skills, well he took the option and has been in Kuwait for 5 years.

Goes to show you there is no free lunch when it comes to Green Card!!!
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by martinosi: 11:10am On Nov 12, 2010
[b]
lacrimose:

"The Army’s one-year pilot program will begin in New York City to recruit about 550 temporary immigrants  who speak one or more of 35 languages, including Arabic, Chinese, Hindi, Igbo (a tongue spoken in Nigeria),  Kurdish, Nepalese, Pashto, Russian and Tamil. Spanish speakers are not eligible. "

First of all, they've only mentioned the first ten, nobody knows the other 25 languages that would be recruited. So they might recruit other tribes in nigeria as well.

Also, there are other conditions

1. You need to be a legal immigrant to qualify
3. You must have lived in the US for the past two years (legally)
3. You must have a college degree or an advanced degree

I also question their motives if only igbos are recruited because, i am sure igbo is not one the languages spoken in Iraq and Afghanistan except if US is expecting a war to erupt in nigeria in the next few years.

AFRICOM PEOPLE AFRICOM ! THINK! THINK! OR SHOULD I SAY READ!!! READ!!!

WHERE IS CAP28 WHEN U NEED HIM LOL!!![/b]
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by martinosi: 11:18am On Nov 12, 2010
LETS US ALL PRAY FOR NIGERIA AND ITS PEACE & SECURITY,

WE ARE LIVING IN DANGEROUS TIMES,

MILITARISATION IS ON THE INCREASE

A NEW SCRAMBLE FOR AFRICA HAS BEGAN IN THE 21st CENTURY

A "NEW GREAT GAME" , MAY GOD HELP US!
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by debosky(m): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2010
The army is simply trying to increase the diversity of languages spoken in the event of any unforeseen circumstances. It has little (if anything) to do with the intelligence or otherwise of the Igbo - the language is widely spoken in Nigeria by the third largest ethnic group so that is likely where the need has come from.

I don't know why Nigerians try to make themselves feel more important than necessary. A one year pilot program to take advantage of New York's diverse immigrant population is no indication of anything in particular.

People just love adding 1 + 1 and coming up with 500.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 12, 2010
debosky:

The army is simply trying to increase the diversity of languages spoken in the event of any unforeseen circumstances. It has little (if anything) to do with the intelligence or otherwise of the Igbo - the language is widely spoken in Nigeria by the third largest ethnic group so that is likely where the need has come from.

I don't know why[b] Nigerians try to make themselves feel more important than necessary.[/b] A one year pilot program to take advantage of New York's diverse immigrant population is no indication of anything in particular.

People just love adding 1 + 1 and coming up with 500.

word !
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 13, 2010
EzeUche0:

I remember when I first heard about this, many Nigerians were running around crazy. Not going to name from which group.

LMFAO!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saudi Throws Kenyan Maid Out Of Top Floor Window / Iranian News Censors Michelle Obama’s Oscar Gown / Kenya’s Presidential-Aspirant Seeks Spiritual Help In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.