Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos (14750 Views)

CIA Agent Trying To Recruit Russian Intelligence Officer Detained In Moscow - FS / Fifteen US States File Petition To Secede From The United States / The United States Is The Only Country That Have Laws For Its Citizens Happiness! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by isiegbe(m): 7:40pm On Feb 17, 2009
Wait a minute. Where did this information come from and who fabricated this ?
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Sauron1: 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2009
naijaking1:

Or it maybe that the grand plan is to recruit Igbo speaking people for the army, Yoruba speaking people for the civil service, Ijaw speaking people for health, and so on grin
You never know, let's all be patient.

I doubt it. . . . . .Yoruba people are not in their plans.
The article clearly says they want able-bodied Igbo men.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by naijaking1: 7:51pm On Feb 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

I doubt it. . . . . .Yoruba people are not in their plans.
The article clearly says they want able-bodied Igbo men.

Igbo men is different from Igbo-speaking men.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by spoilt(f): 1:04am On Feb 18, 2009
They want to pick our Igbo brains. They cannot know our secret!!!
I would be useless to them with my half baked igbo. grin
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by outlaws(m): 6:06am On Feb 18, 2009
cool

Igbo is the language spoken by the tribes of people that live in Imo state, Enugu, Anambra, and some neighboring states
While
Ibo is the tribe or group of people that speak Igbo.
This is simple, I don't know why educated people keep making the same bullshit mistake when refering to Ibo people.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by MRMICKMEN: 9:10am On Feb 18, 2009
If the white men want to recruit an igboman it is because there is something good they want that they have.They did not want a yellow jittery yoruba because they are unstable and cannot be trusted.They dont want a hausa man cos they are lazy but love power.If an igboman can do anything for money,it means they can assist their economy for money and that is what they want right now.leave the igbos alone they are blessed,they can stand on their own. Do you think all of this have gone un noticed,change your attitude maybe kenya will recruit your tribe,unstable fearsome fools.Why did they not mention yoruba or hausa, that is if they even know they exist. say all you want they only mentioned igbo,never yoruba or gbakuruba.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by jidobaba(m): 10:59am On Feb 18, 2009
@mickmen, u r a gaddem fool, u and ya theiving brethren.
For d sake of my ibo guys & chics, i will not summarily curse u. Am too mature for dat, oloshi
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by gabbiebabe(f): 11:33am On Feb 18, 2009
Hey guys watz with the ethnic thing going on? Of what use is a language in a war zone instead more confusion! I think they just want to reduce the Igbo population in US (especially in Houston!) .I also think they a loosing more of their men to this terrorist war and want 2 checkmate it with our kindreds.
PLZZZZZZZZZZZ UMUNNEM u r duely warned.
So MR MICKMEN whatz ur point with IGBO and IBO?
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by gabbiebabe(f): 11:38am On Feb 18, 2009
Sori ooo, dat my question is meant for outlaws, and i ask again whats ur point with IGBO and IBO?
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by ohaechesi(m): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2009
well, you may wonder why they choose only Igbo language or Igbo able men. Igbos shares greater part of Nigerian recognition in the world. Other tribes benefit from the event and records banged by Igbos all over the world i.e Chioma Ajunwa and host of them. Nigeria at large should be grateful having Igbos in their midst or else, the name "Nigeria" would have been doomed
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by comfort3: 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2009
;d ;d
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by grafikdon: 3:03pm On Feb 18, 2009
Outlawz, you need to stop spreading a false concept. Igbo is Igbo, the people and the language. There is no such thing as "Ibo". The British had a hard time with the "gb'' so they found a cheap way out by crossing out the "g". That is why we have ridiculous words like Ibo, ebo and Iboe. . .
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Zeeco9ja(m): 3:54pm On Feb 18, 2009
You know the Igbos claims to be Jews, so they are the right people to be recruited by the US govt for their anti-Arab war. lol
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2009
After reading thru this whole thread, am now quite convinced that Igbos are the most ethnocentric tribe in Nigeria. Unfortunately for them, while other tribes are busy working quitely advancing themselves, they re online screaming their heads off about being better than all other tribes.

Imagine the use of words like - yellow fearful yoruba, lazy hausa, beggary Yoruba etc.

E dey for una body.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by amaikama(m): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2009
I sabi speak Hausa!! am i eligible??
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by naijaking1: 4:27pm On Feb 18, 2009
grafikdon:

Outlawz, you need to stop spreading a false concept. Igbo is Igbo, the people and the language. There is no such thing as "Ibo". The British had a hard time with the "gb'' so they found a cheap way out by crossing out the "g". That is why we have ridiculous words like Ibo, ebo and Iboe. . .
I totally agree. Ibo, Ebeo, Igwo, Ibeo, even Ibibioe all refer to Igbo in different dialects
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Zeeco9ja(m): 4:55pm On Feb 18, 2009
In UK, some police officers are specially trained in foreign languages including Nigerian major languages - Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa.
An incident involving two on my friends in the UK might instigate the US to recruit soldiers of foreign origin and languages.
My two friends were pulled over by a female "white" police constable and when she approached them, one of my friends said in Yoruba "Kini wahala were yi?" (what is the problem of this mad woman?) and the other said "Ori e o da" (Her head is bad)

After the checking, the police waved them on and spoke in Yoruba "Were niwo naa, odabo" (You're also a mad person, bye). So for certain security reason the US govt. might need to recruit foreigners for certain purpose, but for sure it is for the undue advantage of the US govt.  So everyone should be careful with the recruitment as it might be a means to actualize AFRICOM rejected by President Yar'adua.

Let us be objective about issues like this as we have no other country than NIGERIA instead of passing insult on each other.
Nigeria is one -Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo or Igbo, Ibibio, Efik, Fulani, etc. cool
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by asha80(m): 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2009
After reading thru this whole thread, am now quite convinced that Igbos are the most ethnocentric tribe in Nigeria. Unfortunately for them, while other tribes are busy working quitely advancing themselves, they re online screaming their heads off about being better than all other tribes.

Imagine the use of words like - yellow fearful yoruba, lazy hausa, beggary Yoruba etc.

E dey for una body.

I can see how other ethnic groups are progressing in ur failed nigeria  grin.Wait are you not the same person crying what is happening to ur ethnic group former glories?
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2009
Ethnocentricism - insinuating that ur tribe is superior to the others.

Asha - I'll never post anything ethnocentric, it is the root of all tribal war. U guys need to be more cautious.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by NegroNtns(m): 5:54pm On Feb 18, 2009
Any infos on war preparation or something?

Russia has significantly undermined US interests in certain strategic locations around the globe.  No where is that more obvious than in its cooperation with Iran against Western pressure.  A while back and before Mumbai violence I stated categorically that Pakistan - not Afghanistan - is ground zero for war against terror.  For those who do not know, China is next door neighbor to Pakistan.  Any attempt by US to stage a infantry front in Pakistan will be upset by China.  Afghanistan is sandwiched by both Iran and Pakistan. To the North, Russia has re-allied itself with Tajikistan, Turkmenistan & Uzbekistan. The only American ally through which access into Pakistan is possible is India.  America surging into Afghanistan will end in quagmire.  There are many possibilities to the equation, especially Pakistan/India on one hand, Israe/Iran on the other.  There is a connection!

I will let you connect the remaining dots and see where things are going.  

PapaBrowne,  Thanks and I agree with you, If I am looking to be understood I should be in discussions with initiated minds.  Great feedback!   cool

The Igbo recruitment is limited to operations within Nigeria.  However for proficiency in the field and to guarantee the success of the mission, I would not rule out the possibility of deployments for them in an active military campaign in the Middle East.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by AloyEmeka9: 5:55pm On Feb 18, 2009
Russia has significantly undermined US interests in certain strategic locations around the globe.  No where is that more obvious than in its cooperation with Iran against Western pressure.  A while back and before Mumbai violence I stated categorically that Pakistan - not Afghanistan - is ground zero for war against terror.  For those who do not know, China is next door neighbor to Pakistan.  Any attempt by US to stage a infantry front in Pakistan will be upset by China.  Afghanistan is sandwiched by both Iran and Pakistan. To the North, Russia has re-allied itself with Tajikistan, Turkmenistan & Uzbekistan. The only American ally through which access into Pakistan is possible is India.  America surging into Afghanistan will end in quagmire.  There are many possibilities to the equation, especially Pakistan/India on one hand, Israe/Iran on the other.  There is a connection!

I will let you connect the remaining dots and see where things are going. 
Where is Nigeria in this your tale? Are we no more Africa's super powers abi nobody dey fear us again?. Do they want us to throw bomb somewhere before they take us serious?. We dey vex ooo.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by NegroNtns(m): 5:58pm On Feb 18, 2009
Lmao!

Aloy, thanks for that sense of humor grin
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by naijaking1: 7:11pm On Feb 18, 2009
Xavier.:

Ethnocentricism - instigating that ur tribe is superior to the others.

Asha - I'll never post anything ethnocentric, it is the root of all tribal war. U guys need to be more cautious.

I hope Igbos and Igbo-speaking people don't see this as any sort of superiority over other tribes in Nigeria, because we still don't know for certain the motive behind this recruitment drive.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 18, 2009
@last poster

meant insinuating and not instigating.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by tpia: 8:46pm On Feb 18, 2009
Xavier.:

Ethnocentricism - insinuating that ur tribe is superior to the others.

clap for yourself.

An arms dealer and an arms financier- who's the better person?

You seem to consider being Deepzonecentric, a good thing? Someone who's known for setting off tribal wars everywhere. But here you are on your freaking high horse masquerading as an angel of light.

geez, some people get on my nerves.

Go and come back as your other moniker nuews whatever. You think you're so smart, dont you.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2009
Tpia

U ve been reading Muza's postings.

I am not Deepzone. i dont agree with her on all issues especially those bordering on ethnicity and tribal sentiments. if re not so biased, u would have noticed how much i criticise her for her ethnocentric tendencies.

I do have a big crush on her though (crush as big as the whole of Canada). That does not make me an ethnocentric, does it.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by tpia: 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2009
Xavier.:

Tpia

U ve been reading Muza's postings.

I am not Deepzone. i dont agree with her on all issues especially those bordering on ethnicity and tribal sentiments. if re not so biased, u would have noticed how much i criticise her for her ethnocentric tendencies.

I do have a big crush on her though (crush as big as the whole of Canada). That does not make me an ethnocentric, does it.

can you carry this your nasty crush elsewhere, or must you announce it on every thread?

My posting has nothing to do with Muza's own. undecided
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2009
Tpia

If u re not careful, my crush would just crush you.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by tpia: 9:06pm On Feb 18, 2009
Xavier.:

Tpia

If u re not careful, my crush would just crush you.

your crush will crush yourself.   Nothing do me.

anything you and your fellow wackos want to throw my way, you'll receive back fifty times over. Thats a promise you'll do well to heed.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by SeanT21(f): 10:24pm On Feb 18, 2009
tpia:

your crush will crush yourself. Nothing do me.

anything you and your fellow wackos want to throw my way, you'll receive back fifty times over. Thats a promise you'll do well to heed.

IN JESUS NAME~~~AMEN!!
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by udezue(m): 10:31pm On Feb 18, 2009
I am proudly ETHNOCENTRIC.

Now go drink rat poison.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by spoilt(f): 12:45am On Feb 19, 2009
Igbo is the language spoken by the tribes of people that live in Imo state, Enugu, Anambra, and some neighboring states
While
Ibo is the tribe or group of people that speak Igbo.
This is simple, I don't know why educated people keep making the same bullshit mistake when refering to Ibo people.

@ Outlaws , despite your very strongly worded post. you are wrong. grin
Igbo people speak Igbo the same way Yoruba people speak yoruba. If you choose to join the barrage of people who think it sounds more palatable being called Ibo. Feel free. Just dont try to 'correct' 'educated people'. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Israeli Group Launches Anti-Islam Campaign on U.S Public Buses / 3 Students Set Themselves On Fire In Senegal / South Africa's Eskom Is Now World’s Biggest Sulfur Dioxide Emitter - Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.