Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,552 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos (14731 Views)

CIA Agent Trying To Recruit Russian Intelligence Officer Detained In Moscow - FS / Fifteen US States File Petition To Secede From The United States / The United States Is The Only Country That Have Laws For Its Citizens Happiness! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Kobojunkie: 1:37am On Feb 17, 2009
9jaganja:

This is another way to target young people looking for a better life. I heard during WW1 OR 2 that people also lost their jobs due to economic crisis and students dropped out of schools and many joined the military. I think Americans should fight for their land themselves after all they all like to hate on immigrants and blame immigration for their problems. No advanced human being will join military of a nation known for bullying smaller nations. The Igbos are wise, so they won't be jumping into it like that. Why Igbo language? why put it together with Arabic language and other US enemy nations' like Chinese? undecided undecided Why? the question is why Igbo language? uhhh? I'm just worried.

My cousin de Navy oooo cry cry. I wonder why him join self cause him no need am for anything cause him be citizen. cry cry cry cry. Dem de prepare for another war?

WOW !!! Unbeweavable!!!
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 1:45am On Feb 17, 2009
Kobojunkie:

WOW !!! Unbeweavable!!!

What's unbelievable? I'm worried about my cousin in the Navy cry cry. I need tell am make him pretend to be home sick so him fit lie say not going to Nigeria since birth is giving him psychological problems. I de worry. Any infos on war preparation or something?
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by naijaking1: 1:53am On Feb 17, 2009
KarmaMod:

Who are Ibos?
Igbos are people who call themselves Igbos. It's a loose term for people. So someone may ask which part of Igbo does the white man come from? Given limited knowledge of geography, average Igbos used to think that the World begins and ends in Igboland. As far as I could remember from my grand parents, our auntie married from Calabar came from a part of Igboland called Calabar, so another cousin also came from another part called Afikpo. The Igbo World was made of areas they had some sort of contact. Before the civil war, many people from Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, and Cross rivers, Delta, and even Benue easily identified themselves as Igbos, because it was just a concept not a demarcation. Igbo is made of different dialects, cultures and even traditions. After politics entered the picture; well you know the rest of the story.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Hauwa1: 2:11am On Feb 17, 2009
what are you worrying abt? you will grow grey. your cousin is enjoying life in the military you are here worrying. abeg worry abt yourself.

Serve if you can. SEMPER FI!!

GO ARMY! GO NAVY!! GO MARINE!!! GO AF!!!

Yes there is war! what next? cry if you want.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by bawomolo(m): 2:15am On Feb 17, 2009
since when did China become a US enemy nation.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 2:19am On Feb 17, 2009
bawomolo:

When people don't know WDH they're typing.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by isiegbe(m): 2:38am On Feb 17, 2009
Now i know de reason why these lazy yoruba boys wont . Ad allowed into US cos na so so beg beg dey know . Fit reach there begin be for owo da.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by isiegbe(m): 2:39am On Feb 17, 2009
Now i know de reason why these lazy yoruba boys wont . Ad allowed into US cos na so so beg beg dey know . Fit reach there begin be for owo da.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 2:39am On Feb 17, 2009
*Hauwa*:

what are you worrying abt? you will grow grey. your cousin is enjoying life in the military you are here worrying. abeg worry abt yourself.

Serve if you can. SEMPER FI!!

GO ARMY! GO NAVY!! GO MARINE!!! GO AF!!!

Yes there is war! what next? cry if you want.

Guy if na you, you no go worry? Where you from hell?

bawomolo:

Hmmm, good question but if you don't know both are in a M.A.D agreement, I don't know how to explain it to you. The two nations are watching themselves closely. I remembered a US submarine in Chinese water and all the CIA and US military  said was oops our bad sorry.

isiegbe:

But if na Yoruba person talk like that, you'll be quick to jump on him or her and be ready to call them tribalists. Na waoo!!!
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 2:41am On Feb 17, 2009
isiegbe:

Right. . . .and what happened to "I promise to stop skipping my English classes"? Couldn't keep your promise?
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by outlaws(m): 2:50am On Feb 17, 2009
cool

Join the army? Zap. that. Go to war? Zap. no. Go to Iraq? Hell no
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by PapaBrowne(m): 3:34am On Feb 17, 2009
Strategic thinking by the Americans! I just wonder what it's all about though!
It definitely has something to do with Oil, 2015 or the fact that Igbos have an extensive spread worldwide.

I agree with the reasoning of Naijaking1, Negro-ntns and Debosky!

@Negro_ntns
For the uninitiated, your speculations would pass for mere conspiracy theories!
However,those in the know, sure do know that your reasoning is in line with subterranean/inconspicuous realities!
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by ow11(m): 7:53am On Feb 17, 2009
This is for conspiracy enthusiasts!

The US government wants to train Igbos to takeover the Hausa dominated Nigerian government to limit any influence Al-Qaeda and their likes might have in the country. Nigeria can supply about 70 million soldiers in event of a world war and that is a good number to have on your side. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by AloyEmeka9: 11:51am On Feb 17, 2009
This is for conspiracy enthusiasts!

The US government wants to train Igbos to takeover the Hausa dominated Nigerian government to limit any influence Al-Qaeda and their likes might have in the country. Nigeria can supply about 70 million soldiers in event of a world war and that is a good number to have on your side
More like your conspiracy theory.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 17, 2009
americans always mis analyze demographics of other countries .

i see it this way - the niger delta is a region where Americans are at risk form terrorism. the American Army has taken 'the three tribes in nigeria' mantra, and assumed that igbo is the lingua franca of the niger delta. they have decided they need ibo speaking soldiers in the event that anytime in the near future, they have to make a 'tears of the sun' type infiltration into the ND to recover their citizens.

if/when they realze their gaffe , they'll start asking for ijaw/itsekiri speaking soldiers
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by grafikdon: 1:14pm On Feb 17, 2009
More conspiracy theories are coming to the surface. . .

Nigerians are now Mind readers. . .

LMAO!!!!!!!

Sorry kobo, I couldn't resist grin
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by debosky(m): 1:27pm On Feb 17, 2009
grafikdon:

LMAO!!!!!!!

Didn't you mean ROFLMAO!!!! grin grin

Some say it's to support Biafra, some say it's to control oil, some say it's to overthrow the Hausas.

The next story is. . . .Michelle Obama's family members are Igbo, so Obama is using style to bring give his family members US citizenship, so they won't catch another family member without papers like his aunt. grin grin
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2009
yes o ndidi's fundraising is yielding results after all. . .
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Gamine(f): 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2009
*sigh!* i wish i am an igbo-speaking igbo-gamine right now sad
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2009
Gamine:

Not sure ArmyStrong is requesting for nigerian refugees in peckham. cheesy
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2009
Gamine:

gamine - looking to join the front lines of the War on terror shocked shocked shocked

if the talban should get their hands on you. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by xyoung: 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2009
No need to panic here,
The reason is not far fetched.The New President of america is just trying to help his HOME COUNTRY people .i mean BARRACK OBIOMA.i heard he is from EZINHINNTE MBAISE in IMO STATE.He is simply giving back to his Motherland COUNTRY.I should be leading the LINES in the fight against ILLEGAL KIDNAPPING in in the NIGER DELTA region becos i just watched it on CNN that 4000 US MARINES will be sent there soon. WATCH OUT for me withj my MACK 10.

NIGERIA IS IN TROUBLE
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by naijaking1: 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2009
oyb:

americans always mis analyze demographics of other countries .

i see it this way - the niger delta is a region where Americans are at risk form terrorism. the American Army has taken 'the three tribes in nigeria' mantra, and assumed that igbo is the lingua franca of the niger delta. they have decided they need ibo speaking soldiers in the event that anytime in the near future, they have to make a 'tears of the sun' type infiltration into the ND to recover their citizens.

if/when they realze their gaffe , they'll start asking for ijaw/itsekiri speaking soldiers
That's ok. Do you know how many Ijaw/Itsekiri people fluently speak Igbo? The US is not asking for Igbos, but Igbo-speaking people.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by KarmaMod(f): 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2009
Igbos are people who call themselves Igbos.

I believe I asked who are "Ibos" and not "who are Igbos". Last i checked, there was a difference
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by sleekp1: 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2009
So people are happy the US wants to use Nigerians for experiments? How come the United States not recruiting Igbo speaking people to work in their civil service, health, transportation etc. This further proves Nigeria has the largest concentration of dumb asses at home and abroad. You'd expect Nigerians abroad to know the USA only promotes policies that'll benefit the USA.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by paule: 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2009
I love the Igbos. A tribe that confronted a nation like Nigeria for 3 yrs (1967-1970). It has not be done in History. I believe that is why they need us
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by romeo(m): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2009
why all da hating!! Una go tire one day, Ugly ones cheesy cheesy
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by sleekp1: 4:49pm On Feb 17, 2009
paule:

I believe that is why they need us

They might also need you for experiment. I'd like to see you when they're done with you.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2009
grafikdon:

LMAO!!!!!!!

You dey mind them?? Na wa !!!  That is what continues to keep us where we find ourselves today -- 1000 years behind the rest of the advanced world. Roflmao!!

@9jaganja, Why not worry about your own life, and what it is worth. I am sure your cousin understood from the start that there were risks involved. I mean anyone who joined the forces after 2001 should have a better idea of what may come.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by naijaking1: 7:12pm On Feb 17, 2009
KarmaMod:

I believe I asked who are "Ibos" and not "who are Igbos". Last i checked, there was a difference

I apologize if my limited explanation did not hit the spot. I believe "ibo" is a simple lazy corruption of "Igbo" Also, I believe the British found it easier to write and say Ibo, than Igbo. All said and done, the Igbos call themselves(and indeed other people) Igbos.
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by Sauron1: 7:16pm On Feb 17, 2009
sleek_p:

So people are happy the US wants to use Nigerians for experiments? How come the United States not recruiting Igbo speaking people to work in their civil service, health, transportation etc. This further proves Nigeria has the largest concentration of dumb asses at home and abroad. You'd expect Nigerians abroad to know the USA only promotes policies that'll benefit the USA.

ROFLMAO

They want to start with the military first. If they are successful with the project they will draft more Igbos to civil service, transportation and health.
One step at a time, bro!!!
Re: The United States Army Looking to recruit Igbos by naijaking1: 7:23pm On Feb 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

ROFLMAO

They want to start with the military first. If they are successful with the project they will draft more Igbos to civil service, transportation and health.
One step at a time, bro!!!

Or it maybe that the grand plan is to recruit Igbo speaking people for the army, Yoruba speaking people for the civil service, Ijaw speaking people for health, and so on grin
You never know, let's all be patient.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Saudi Throws Kenyan Maid Out Of Top Floor Window / Iranian News Censors Michelle Obama’s Oscar Gown / Kenya’s Presidential-Aspirant Seeks Spiritual Help In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.