Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,816 members, 7,813,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) (79969 Views)

Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / TB Joshua’s Prophecy On US Election Comes True…[only In Online Polls]… / If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by harrisonsbible: 10:04pm On May 31, 2015
Iamsynord:
The Bible says No one can reach the Father except through the Father and that unless A Man accepts Christ as his personal Christ and Saviour ,such a person shall not make heaven of have access to Eternal life ( John 3:16) .

My question is,What happened to the Likes of Abraham,David ,Solomon and all these before Christ was born?? What was the Criteria for their own salvation since Christ was not born at the time??
Were they saved By the Good works day did ?? If so,why Do we need Christ in d First place when The People that were born before Christ still made it to Heaven.??

A confused fellow here..Answers are needed pls ??

Be guided; Jesus is the living WORD,The word became flesh in the new testament as prophesied to fulfill the law that was hindered by human nature.in the beginning the word already existed;the word was with God and the word was God,From the very beginning the word was with God, Through Him God made all things not one thing in all creation was made without Him. John 1 vs 1-3,then John 8 vs 57 showed us where Jesus speaking to same people as on this platform today that Before Abraham, I AM.

Abraham believed in that WORD(JESUS CHRIST) and it was counted to him for righteousness, So are the others from the old testament.Same to us today as many that believe in that WORD(JESUS) today are saved.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by sheffyUTD(m): 10:05pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

Before Jesus Christ there was no such thing as Christianity. Are u seriously asking or just joking?

Joke ke.

Did Jesus practice anything 'Christianity' as we have today; Church on Sundays, Sing, dance, etc, what foundation did Jesus actually laid or what did you mean by Christianity. are we getting something wrong. please
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Banjoramos(m): 10:09pm On May 31, 2015
tiger28:
but why did your muhammed call Jesus a MESSIAH in the Quran. I don't believe that Jesus is God but he is not human like your muhammed who talked about bathing with a 9 year old in the quran. Even your Quran says Jesus will come back to fight the antichrist in the last days. Why not Mohammed or moses or Abraham? ?all I know is that Jesus is not just a prophet like these men. Your Quran says so.

This is an interesting question, the first thing you should know is that prophet Muhammad was not the author of the holy Quran The Quran was revealed to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) verbatim, that is, both its words and meanings are from Allah, The Quran was revealed via Angel Jibreel to Muhammad (peace be upon him) in stages for 23year of his prophethood

According to authentic sources Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) married Aisha (May Allah please with her) when she was 6years old and the marriage was consummated after she turned 9years old.

It's important to understand things in their historical context
For instance it would be silly to ask, what kind of milk did they drink 1400 years ago or to ask what kind of engine they used back then. Therefore one must first understand that things 1400 years ago were very different from now, time have changed and so have humans. 1400 years ago it was very common for woman to marry at a young age.

It is a historic fact that girls from the ages of 9 to 14 were married off in Europe, Asia, Africa and America for example:-
SAINT AUGUSTINE 350AD He married a girl who was 10years old.
KING RICHARD II 1400AD He married a 7years old .
HENRY VIII 1500AD He married a 6years old.

Even in the bible but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man. Number37:17-18

Catholic Encyclopedia
"Mary (AS) the mother of Jesus (peace be upon him) was 12years old when she married 99years old Joseph.

At the time of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) those who refused his message tried every method and strategy to discredit him. They were always looking for opportunities to attack him verbally or even physically. Some of this verbal abuse consisted of calling him a magician, soothsayer, crazy. However they never thought to point out or object to his marriage to Aisha (May Allah please with her) why? Because this was the norm of society, meaning it was completely normal...

But what about Aisha (May Allah please with her)? Was she a child when she agree to marry the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him)? First it's important to note it is strictly prohibited in Islam to marry someone before the age of puberty (Qur'an 4:6)

Note the age of puberty varies throughout different times and different places according to scientific references: Girls might enter full-blown puberty anything between age 9 and 15 livesciece.com. Also the average temperature of the country is consider the chief factor with regard to menstruation and sexual puberty (woman: and historical cynecological and anthropological compendium. Volume1 lord and Bransby 1988 p.563) So was Aisha (May Allah please with her) a child? No she was Not
So what was the wisdom behind this marriage. GOD always knows best

Aisha (May Allah please with her) was exceptionally intelligent and since she married the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) at a young age, she was able to learn so much from him. She later played a important roles as a teacher expert and interpreter of Islam.
So there was much wisdom behind this marriage.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by queenbesha(f): 10:12pm On May 31, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[b][size=13pt]the story of christ is filled with ancient lies and so are the stories of all other prophets and gods,be he christ, mohammed, budda, shango etc.i dont know how a people of this modern age can still belive this fairy tale stories just becus it was brought to us by the whites.....every religion claims to be the truth and god says he loves us and we must love him back and if we dont, he will put us in hell, i always wonder which kind of love that is and i know only a blood thirsty villan would act like that.

Of all the gods in the world, that of the bible is the most stupid, mad and deranged and i sincerly will never accept him, if salvation is only gotten through him,i choose to go to hell rather than be a slave to such a wicked beast

A beast that would send a bear to eat 52 children for laughing at a bald elijah.
A beast that would drown a whole world that he claim to love and made in his image
A beast that would sanction the massacre rape and murder of women and children by moses.
A beast who build the most horrifying torture chamber to torture those he claim to love because they couldnt belive in him.
A beast that tolorated slavery.
A beast that watched jephtah sacrify his daughter to him as his promise if he wins a war.
A beast that watched the sacrifing of his only begotten son so that he could forgive man by grace.
A beast that watch over all the suffering of the world and does nothing to ameliorate it

I refuse to worship you, you ethernal beast and vile creator, no wonder other angel supported satan in his bid to overthrow you despotic ass........i have chosen my side if the armagadon is ever true....i will ride with lucifer on that day against you army and this time i know we will succeed and put you in the bottomless pit that you created for your beloved ones[/b]s.[/size][/b]

The same ''Beast' that gives u constant air to breath
The same 'BEAST' that gave His only begotten son to die for your sins because of the unimaginable degree of love He has for you
The same beast who continues loving you unceasingly no matter the gravity of sins you commit!
The same beast who holds himself from striking your ass when you rain incomprehensible degree of abuses on Him!
The same 'BEAST' who loves you even to the envy of the angels!
The same 'BEAST' who has promised you eternal life if you could just serve HIm even if not 100% but according to your ability!
The same 'beast' who took pains to create you according to His image because He loves you!

What a loyal creature you are!!!

How faithful you have been to the one who loves you unceasingly!!
Now you are in support of a SNAKE who cares about nothing but himself!!!
Who doesn't give a RATS ASS whether you eat, breath or not!

Who claims to give you GIFTS and gets them back in a painful way not giving a Bleep about how you feel!!!

Who wouldn't even stand my you when you need him most!!!

Who enjoys to see you suffer and who takes delight in wickedness

Who inflicted the righteous man JOB with a terrifying disease, killed his children, destroy his wealth without looking back...

Where have you ever seen or heard of a slave being more powerful than his master?
Do you even think that even if the whole world should stand up against the Almighty GOD that they can overthrow HIM?

Have you forgotten the degree of HIS POWER?

Have you forgotten what happened to the assembly of Korah in ISRAEL who felt they could oppose GOD?

How you fail to remember what befell SATAN and his supporters when they dared to oppose GOD!!!

I weep for you!
My heart bleeds for you!
A mere mortal judging the FEAR-INSPIRING God!

A God so powerful that the ISRAELITES DREADED His presence!

A caring God who did not forsake His people but rescued them from the hands of Pharoah!!!

A God who is capable and who will destroy and render Lucifer and ITS followers completely useless at the appointed time!!!

But you fail to appreciate one fact:
Even though you do not worship HIM, there are HUNDREDS, THOUSANDS, MILLION, BILLIONS, TRILLION etc who would do ANYTHING for HIM
Who appreciate HIM every single second for HIS mercy
Who fear Him, glorify Him and give Him the exclusive honour and worship He deserves!!!

So choosing not to serve HIM will NEVER make ANY DIFFERENCE!!!

But it may interest you to know that even after all the curses, abuses, insults you have rained on him, HIS heart is stiil open.
In HIS UNDESERVED KINDNESS, HE still wishes for you to come to your senses and embrace HIS love!!!

2 Likes

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by patfem(m): 10:14pm On May 31, 2015
Dey were all in paradise underneath d earth, xo after d resurrection of Jesus christ dey nw move heaven
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by MeandSum: 10:14pm On May 31, 2015
mpowa:

The problem with knowledge is that it ends in foolishness, I mean, how many things can you prove really? Many people in modern times pride themselves of being enlightened, the Jews ask for a sign, the Greek wants wisdom ( like science), but we preach Christ is crucified. Life becomes meaningful only for those who have faith God. Even the science most people hide under ( as cover to runaway from God) has a lot of loopholes, I mean, you need more faith to believe in the evolution story than the Bible - since we've known, no body have seen ape coming close to becoming human beings, and the incredible story of giraffe growing a long neck while eating leaves from trees?

But science have in many times discovered the truths of the bible after laborious years of research, example for many years people believed that the world was flat, while the bible have simple stated it in many places that the earth is round (example isah 40:22, job 26:10). and all the things happening in the world now don't surprise us (Christians) because we know what the future holds, how the world will end, the wiser thing to do is to just have faith, but I guess, most people want it the harder way, the feeling of challenge, of wisdom - Life is CHOICE.

Please drop it. No scientist in their right mind would claim the earth is a circle. A circle, by definition is a flat surface. verses you listed said nothing about a round earth because the same authors in the same book claim either 4 corners or 4 edges of earth, or pillars in their book(Isaiah 11:12 and Job 38:13 ). Pick a ball and try to find its 4 corners. You see how absurd it is?

Next claim please.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by dayofadunsin: 10:14pm On May 31, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[b][size=13pt]the story of christ is filled with ancient lies and so are the stories of all other prophets and gods,be he christ, mohammed, budda, shango etc.i dont know how a people of this modern age can still belive this fairy tale stories just becus it was brought to us by the whites.....every religion claims to be the truth and god says he loves us and we must love him back and if we dont, he will put us in hell, i always wonder which kind of love that is and i know only a blood thirsty villan would act like that.

Of all the gods in the world, that of the bible is the most stupid, mad and deranged and i sincerly will never accept him, if salvation is only gotten through him,i choose to go to hell rather than be a slave to such a wicked beast

A beast that would send a bear to eat 52 children for laughing at a bald elijah.
A beast that would drown a whole world that he claim to love and made in his image
A beast that would sanction the massacre rape and murder of women and children by moses.
A beast who build the most horrifying torture chamber to torture those he claim to love because they couldnt belive in him.
A beast that tolorated slavery.
A beast that watched jephtah sacrify his daughter to him as his promise if he wins a war.
A beast that watched the sacrifing of his only begotten son so that he could forgive man by grace.
A beast that watch over all the suffering of the world and does nothing to ameliorate it

I refuse to worship you, you ethernal beast and vile creator, no wonder other angel supported satan in his bid to overthrow you despotic ass........i have chosen my side if the armagadon is ever true....i will ride with lucifer on that day against you army and this time i know we will succeed and put you in the bottomless pit that you created for your beloved ones[/b]s.[/size][/b]

That 'beast' loves you still...
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 31, 2015
sheffyUTD:

Joke ke.

Did Jesus not practice anything 'Christianity' as we have today; Church on Sundays, Sing, dance, etc, what foundation did Jesus actually laid or what did you mean by Christianity. are we getting something wrong. please
Omg!! This has got to be a joke, yes I'm sure it's a joke
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Fearcom(m): 10:18pm On May 31, 2015
Hmmmm!

The wicked shall be turned into hell and all nations that forget God.

If God spared not the angels that sinned, How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation If ye believe not, ye shall likewise perish. Be not deceived; God is not mocked. If ye sow to your flesh' ye shall die. The Wages of sin is death but the Gift of God is eternal Life through Jesus Christ. The soul that sinneth it shall die. And thou shalt call His name Jesus for he shall save his people from their sins. Behold the lamb of God which taketh away the sins of the world. Neither is there Salvation in any other for there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved. For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation for those who believe. He that believeth and is baptised shall be saved; he that believeth not shall be damned
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by TeamSimple(m): 10:27pm On May 31, 2015
eleojo23:
When they sacrificed the animals (lambs, bulls and goats) in the Old testament, it was a symbolism of what Christ would come to do for mankind. The lamb died in their place the same way Jesus would later come to die in our place.

One thing you have to understand is the timelessness of the cross of Christ. That is, it cuts across time.

When those people in the old testament made those sacrifices, they were looking forward to the future Christ who would come to die for man. The blood of the lambs covered their sins until when Jesus would come to finally take away the sins
Likewise we who are in the present day look back in time to what Christ did on the cross for us to be saved.

So in essence, the sacrifices prescribed by God for them at that time was enough.
shocked are you now stylishly comparing Jesus with Goat?
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by sheffyUTD(m): 10:27pm On May 31, 2015
Pipsland78:

Omg!! This has got to be a joke, yes I'm sure it's a joke

Nope, very serious. You can buy more time you need. I want to be enlightened please.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by sheffyUTD(m): 10:42pm On May 31, 2015
Banjoramos:

This is an interesting question, based on the Muslim belief that Jesus will return at the end of times so why Jesus and not the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

@ Tiger28, if we want to learn, we must avoid we versus them on issue like this. My line of thought is obviously religious, not atheists, but I do not condemn any because believe is perspective. Try and seek knowledge . . . 'Seek' and it shall be given!

To the questions, my understanding is this, all human must die and since Jesus did not, he's coming back to complete his prophetic Job. We have different gifts, so are the prophet, what is given to Abraham is different from Joseph, Moses and the rest, hence they were assigned different task. Jesus is a prophet, human and destined!
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by FeestoNOVA(m): 10:51pm On May 31, 2015
dexmundo:
their sins were washed by animal blood. And they were only to obey ten commandments to make heaven during their time. But mind you, the bible says in d book of revelation dat jesus is the lamb of God SLAIN FROM D FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD. So christ has always been the way old or new testament. Just dat old testament used symbolic blood of animal while they look forward to his physical death, new testament use faith while looking backward to his death. Abraham and abel were not saved by works of self righteousness, they were saved by works of faith(actions which proved they loved God above anything else). Ask yourself, why did old testament saints resurrect from the grave after the death of Christ according to the book of Matthew? These souls were waiting for Jesus - the ultimate redeemer. Paul says in Hebrew that it was nt possible for blood of bulls to take away sin. All old testament saints where held down until Christ resurrected, they resurrected with him- so he is their savior and our savior too

God is not in support of human sacrifice never would be but he his always open to animal sacrifice...go find out
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Banjoramos(m): 11:03pm On May 31, 2015
tiger28:
but why did your muhammed call Jesus a MESSIAH in the Quran. I don't believe that Jesus is God but he is not human like your muhammed who talked about bathing with a 9 year old in the quran. Even your Quran says Jesus will come back to fight the antichrist in the last days. Why not Mohammed or moses or Abraham? ?all I know is that Jesus is not just a prophet like these men. Your Quran says so.

Interfaith dialogue begins with respect. It recognizes that there are profound differences between different religions, but that people of faith can nonetheless live together as friends.

We should never feel threatened by goodness, wherever it is to be found. Surely, as adults we can respect one another's differences without resorting to offending one another.

Muslims believe that Jesus was taken up and saved from being crucified. Anyone who believes that Jesus was crucified (or killed another way) can no longer be called a Muslim.

As for Jesus' being taken up, whether dead or alive, and the nature of the life he is now leading, scholars hold different views in this regard, as this is not decisively established in the Quran.

It is very difficult to discuss a question when the one asking it has already assumed certain things to be the case. Also, talk of one prophet being superior to another is not helpful for a real interfaith dialogue to take place. However, we will try to answer as best we can.

We have repeated time and time again that Muslims respect all former prophets. Adam (peace be upon him) was the first Muslim, according to Islam, and Noah (peace be upon him) is described in the Quran as the first prophet:

{We revealed to Noah and the prophets after him} (4:163)

Former prophets, like Jesus, Moses, and Abraham (peace be upon them all), were given a message by Almighty Allah, but His final message, according to Islam, was given to Muhammad (peace be upon him) who was the Seal of the Prophets.

Similarly, all previous messages were an important revelation by Allah at their time in history, but the Noble Quran is Allah's final revelation to humankind for all time.

Muslims believe that:

{Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but the Messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets.} (33:40)

Muslims believe that the revelation given to Muhammad includes all the merits contained in the previous messages of those former Prophets. Allah says what means:

{He ordained for you what He enjoined on Noah and what he revealed to you and what he enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus; namely, establish this faith and be united in it} (42:13)

In other words, the message given to Jesus is not canceled by Muhammad, but it is included in the revelation given to him.

Similarly, Muslims also believe that prophets are human beings. They are not Allahs, but men like you and me, but they were entrusted with a special gift of revelation. Jesus and Muhammad, then, are created human beings who have none of the divine qualities of Allah. Claims that the writers of the Gospels make about Jesus are not held to be true by the Quran. Jesus is said to deny these claims.

When Prophet Muhammad died, his grief-stricken followers gathered together to bury him. They had been with him for so many years and were heartbroken that their leader had been taken from them. It took the wisdom of Abu Bakr to declare:

"For those of you who follow Muhammad, Muhammad is dead, but for those of you who follow Allah, Allah is alive."

Just before this, Umar had refused to believe that Allah could have allowed Muhammad to die. Surely, he thought, Allah would save him and raise him up. But Abu Bakr pointed out a very important truth: "Muhammad was a man. He was perhaps the greatest man ever to have lived, but he was a man nonetheless. Not a Allah or a saint, but a man, like you and me.".

In speaking about Jesus, it seems that Christians fell into exactly this same trap, which Islam managed to avoid. When it was made to appear to them that Jesus was killed, his followers were heartbroken.
They, too, had been with him for so long and had pinned all their hopes on him. How could Allah take him from them, they thought? Out of an exaggerated love for him, they refused to believe that Allah could have allowed him to die.

Encouraged by the writings of Saint Paul, they began to believe that Jesus did not die, but that he was raised from the dead and is still alive today, no longer a man, but equal to Allah. Allah's son.
For Muslims, this is idolatry, since Allah has no partners and no one is equal to Him, but we can see how Christians came to believe this.

The Noble Quran is quite clear that Jesus did not die on the cross and it is equally clear that Jesus is not equal to Allah:

{He is only a servant whom We blessed and We made him an example to the children of Israel.} (43:59)

For Christians, then, to begin arguing that Jesus is alive and so is superior to Muhammad (peace be upon them both) is to use an argument that does not work for Muslims. Muslims respect and honor Jesus as a prophet of Allah, but they see Muhammad as the final prophet, chosen by Allah to sum up all that had gone before.

Someone told me recently that he had attended a workshop about Jesus which was attended by both Christians and Muslims. The workshop members got on together very well, even though they believed different things about Jesus.

One group believed him to be divine. The other group did not. However, at the end of the day, someone suggested that instead of this being a cause for division, they should both admit to what they agreed upon: Jesus is a truly remarkable person. Instead of being a cause for division, then, the person of Jesus can be seen in such a context as a cause for bringing people together.

Numerous historians down through the ages have looked at the achievements of Muhammad and have put him at the top or near to the top of the greatest men who have ever lived. Muslims do not use this language of "superiority" but simply call Muhammad the final prophet of Allah.

Claiming that Jesus is alive, using the four gospel writers as proofs, is just not evidence. It is certainly not evidence enough to declare him superior to Muhammad. These four gospels were chosen, after all, from among many others, and they were written not to prove that Jesus is divine, but to support the belief of those who already felt this. In other words, Muslims believe that there is no existing scripture which makes such a claim.

Muslims believe that the message given to Jesus no longer exists. It is no longer to be found anywhere. What we have are the written works of men. The only things we know about Jesus with certainty are to be found in the Glorious Quran.

Muslims respect the beliefs of others, but it is sometimes necessary to refute falsehood where it touches upon Muslims' belief which has been revealed in the Quran. Muslims have the greatest respect for what Christians hold dear, but they assert quite categorically that Jesus did not die on the Cross but was raised up to heaven and that he is not Allah's son. One of Allah's prophets, yes, but not a Allah.  

Muhammad is the final seal of all that Almighty Allah had ever said to humankind. Through him we see how it is possible to live as Muslims in this world, respecting all former prophets and bowing down in submission to Allah as they all once did. Muhammad is not a Allah or a saint, but the greatest of men.

1 Like

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by bj4jesus(m): 11:10pm On May 31, 2015
Hmmmnn! Truly what people don't understand they speak against. However, the bible clearly states that nothing can be done against the truth but for the truth (2Corinthians13vs eight). The Bible remains the true and infallible word of God, Jesus Christ the Son of God, who is also the Lamb of God slain before the foundations of the world, testified of by the Father through signs and wonders and declared to be obeyed by all, Moses, the Psalmist and many other Prophets also bore witness of Him and He was proclaimed among the nations. In Him we have believed and hope maketh not ashamed for the love of God is shed abroad in our heart by he Holy Spirit (Romans 5:4)

Kudos to the numerous nairalanders that has answered your questions.

I don't wanna write an epistle, but I pray the op and those like him encounter God themselves.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 31, 2015
sheffyUTD:

Nope, very serious. You can buy more time you need. I want to be enlightened please.
Okay...yes before our Lord Jesus came to die for our sins there was no such thing as Christianity. The likes of David, Moses, Abraham, and the prophets of old had a relationship with God but there was so much paganism also going on leading so many to hell. God chose to send His Son Jesus to die for our sins and that was when Christianity started. Christianity was coined from Christ (Jesus Christ).

Prophets of old went to the temple to pray to God but they were never known as Christians because they were not Christians.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Banjoramos(m): 11:23pm On May 31, 2015
liquidmetall:

that angel michael is one hell of a strong badt guy

How can satan even challenge God whereas he knows there are angels stronger than him that he has to defeat before comtemplating on challenging God.

Satan was never an angel but he was raise to worship God along with angels
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Banjoramos(m): 11:32pm On May 31, 2015
tiger28:

Muslim belief that Jesus will return at the end of times so why Jesus and not the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

tiger28: So why Jesus in the first place?

Yes, if we were to justify that belief, you would say that for one thing the Quran says that Jesus speaks to people in his cradle and also in his manhood. Now the terminology for manhood in the Quran may indicate something that is about forty years old at least. We know that many of the prophets received a revelation when they were about forty years old; specifically in the case of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Now the Gospels report that Jesus, on whom be peace, was about thirty years old when he began preaching and then about three years later he was crucified so that would be about 33 years old, and that would mean that he didn't live till forty.

So in the Muslim tradition he returns, he dwells on earth for seven years and so he becomes forty and that will fulfill the prophecy in the Quran that he will speak to people in his cradle and also in his manhood which would be something like forty. That seems to be one justification or explanation for this salient belief.

Another explanation is that Jesus is one of the most controversial and misunderstood figures in all of history as there have been many prophets and messengers of God. And we believe Jesus, on whom be peace, was a prophet and a messenger of God and that other people took him to be God despite his own teachings. Now at the same time there are some people who rejected him altogether.

So here we have like two extremes, on the one hand some rejecting him altogether, on the other hand some others deifying him. And Muslims, we believe, have the balance view between the two extremes.

Well we can keep telling people about this balanced view but some people will not believe us. But the idea is that when Jesus himself returns that will settle all of the questions so that those who previously rejected him will see the man and now believe in him, and those who previously deified him will see him now arriving in this context coming and becoming, being a part of the Muslim community in praying along with them, praying to the God that he always prayed to.

They will now have no questions remaining they will realize that Jesus is a man, a human being, a prophet of God who has been erroneously made into a God by the thinking of others.

tiger28: So why not the Prophet moses, david Muhammad and others then?

I would say that there is no need for the Prophet. Moses, david,Muhammad (peace be upon them) to return as there has been no need for any of the umpteen prophets, we believe that there have been some 124,000 prophets in all of history, and the Quran says to every nation we have sent prophets and messengers but they will not all return.

Only Jesus is specifically singled out in this regard in Muslim and Christian belief as the one who will return towards the end of time. Some people thought that John the Baptist will also return some thought that Elijah will return.

He (Iesa (Jesus)) was not more than a servant. We granted Our Favour to him, and We made him an example to the Children of Israel (i.e. his creation without a father). #quran 43 V59#

1 Like

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by abiambo(m): 11:37pm On May 31, 2015
if u read matt. around 11 and 12 you will find out that the birth of john the baptist marked the start of a new regime, new set of rules and so on.
We are after that period and the men you mentioned are before that period so u see.
Iamsynord:
The Bible says No one can reach the Father except through the Father and that unless A Man accepts Christ as his personal Christ and Saviour ,such a person shall not make heaven of have access to Eternal life ( John 3:16) .

My question is,What happened to the Likes of Abraham,David ,Solomon and all these before Christ was born?? What was the Criteria for their own salvation since Christ was not born at the time??
Were they saved By the Good works day did ?? If so,why Do we need Christ in d First place when The People that were born before Christ still made it to Heaven.??

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by estwhile: 11:40pm On May 31, 2015
[/quote][quote author=Maryofficial post=34279934]

Is there any muhammad in the Bible??

prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by name in the old testament:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by haul: 11:40pm On May 31, 2015
queenbesha:

The same ''Beast' that gives u constant air to breath
The same 'BEAST' that gave His only begotten son to die for your sins because of the unimaginable degree of love He has for you

You get time ooo,Next time ignore such people,how do you engage a confused person? He knows the truth,his fighting it
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by damocool(m): 12:21am On Jun 01, 2015
Many comments on here are reminder to BORN AGAIN CHRITHIANS that the RAPTURE is at hand... Bible must be fulfilled " in the last days many will err from the truth".. Am not surprised but happy, it's here already (RAPTURE).. This should not brings up arguement for those who have hope in christ all we need is to watch and pray and be occupied (preaching the gospel of our Lord jesus in order not to meet our Lord with empty hand when he comes).. To those who are saved congrats and to those who still believe that Bible, jesus, rapture, heaven, hell are just imaginations, I say evil days are waiting for you, when you would forcefully reckon with the Bible, believe the existence of christ, believe the reality of rapture, heaven and hell but would be too late for you then, because you would have been condemned to eternal damnation by them but thank God for jesus, he hasn't come, you can still re write your destiny and change your eternal destination by laying everything at the foot of the cross where jesus christ is/was use(d) as a sacrificial lamb for me, you and for every living human race. Jesus has done it all on the cross, it just for you to help yourself because your eternal destiny is in your hand, first, acknowledge yourself as a sinner, pray in the name of jesus, repent and turn away from your sin and have faith in God, read your Bible daily attend a bible believing church and do every restitution/restoration where needed.... God bless you as you obey the call of the Lord...... Save you life today,sad day is at hand for the sinners ... Don't be deceived, jesus only is the way to God and only way to heaven, reliance on any other gods or prophets is just a sure way to destruction, no bargaining....
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by PabloAfricanus(m): 12:39am On Jun 01, 2015
estwhile:

prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by name in the old testament:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

This was my response to a poster in another thread...
I'm addressing both xtians and islamists.

If I should invite you to my village for a feast and you were served a delicacy...its up to you to determine for yourself whether this delicacy is delicious or not.
Assuming your taste buds are functioning well and you're sufficiently classy enough to differentiate between food eaten by peasant and the rich...you should be able to find out for yourself whether the food is tasty or not.

Take your Koran and Islam as a dish served to invited guests. These are people who are not Arabs...have no knowledge of your adorable prophet and the being he serves. Is it not up to them to taste for themselves how sumptuous and delicious the food served is? Or how tasteless and revolting it is?
Tell me, after seeing the handwork of Islam from the Middle ages to the present...public beheadings in 21st century, completely covered up women(what hypocrisy!), forceful conversion at the pain of death to entire families and tribes, suicide killings and bombings of innocent people for gain of screwing 72 virgins in the here after, supreme sky daddy mullahs who make babies cry with their scary beards and looks...
What is attractive about Islam?
What would make me dedicate my life to your allah?
I'm failing to see any that appeals to my sense of beauty and harmony.

The reality a lot of Abrahamic sky daddy worshippers fail to recognize is that the world is bigger than the small enclaves where their chief sky daddy prophet/saviour emerged from.
There are no mentions of Aztecs or Incas, Eskimos or Apaches, Zulus or Somalis, Hausas or Edo, Ashanti or Wolof, Japanese or Chinese, Samoan or Tamil, Italian or Greek...in all these sky daddy scriptures.
Not one reference. It could be argued that your sky daddies probably never knew other continents existed!
A supposed creator god will forget about 99.9% of his creation and show himself to 0.1% who even have no knowledge of the other 99.9%.
Sorry but your sky daddy book is exclusive to the arabs.
It says nothing about the Eskimos for instance.
I'm sure if I formed a religion around the awesomeness and supremacy of my mother's food...you'd probably ask me if I knew how many mothers there are in the world?
Connect the dots.

1 Like

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Seyidayo(m): 12:45am On Jun 01, 2015
Under the old testament they were to believe the promise of the coming christ and his offering through the offering of those animals but the savior was seen through those offerings. That's was why after the death of jesus on the cross, the bible says the grave were open and the saints were raised from the dead, which means that their salvation was to be perfected by the works of jesus. John3:18 the that believes not is condemned already. So faith in him
Under the old and nest new testament. For more chat on this add me on whats app 08160730853
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Gsluv(m): 1:02am On Jun 01, 2015
Iamsynord:

Here's the answer to your question, you need not be baffled.
1 Peter 3:18-21 Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit. So he went and preached to the spirits in prison— those who disobeyed God long ago when God waited patiently while Noah was building his boat. Only eight people were saved from drowning in that terrible flood. And that water is a picture of baptism, which now saves you, not by removing dirt from your body, but as a response to God from a clean conscience. It is effective because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

It's clear above that the death of Jesus was not just for those present then but also for those that had lived and died years before. His death was a perfect plan for eternal redemption. So obviously he also went to preach to the Spirits in prison and they all had a choice of accepting the gospel. Every man dead or alive before Christ also had a chance of accepting the redemption plan. Don't be surprised finding the likes of the Pharoah in heaven... So OP though they all lived by their works in those days, their criteria for salvation was still Christ as God already had a plan for them.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by johnw74: 3:44am On Jun 01, 2015
1Pe 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Jesus Christ is the only way to Salvation. Before becoming man, He is God the Word.
Jesus Christ- the Word saved the saints of the Old Testament as well as believers of the new testament.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 01, 2015
Maximus85:

Just like you can't find hell fire in the Bible.

If all the good people go to heaven and the bad to hell, who are those to fulfill the prophecy in Isaiah 65:21-25?
there are atleast 3 places hell fire is mentioned in the bible. The bible also mentions lake of fire in revelation. I wont give any reference cos am sure u re a jehovah witness. Your NIV translation was edited to favour what u preach and its only used by u ppl. You replaced God with Jehovah, Omitted a verse containing hell fire, and replaced hell fire wt other terms in matthew, mark and luke. I have already explained the people who will be in the millinial as promised in book of isiah and revelation are believers. The bible tells us that christ will return again to the earth together with saints. The book of Jude says the lord cometh wt ten thousands of his saints. Paul says in 1 cor 6 that Christians will judge the world. So they will return from heaven with Christ. He will build the kingdom first and fulfil Isaiah 65. The nations of the world will rebel against the earthly kingdom of God after the 1000yrs. So the millial(1000yrs) reign of peace on earth for believers precedes the armagedon war, and precedes the Great and final white thrown judgement recorded in revelation
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 01, 2015
FeestoNOVA:

God is not in support of human sacrifice never would be but he his always open to animal sacrifice...go find out
perhaps u re muslim and believe he was swapped on the cross wt somtin else. paul says in hebrew, the blood of christ speaks better things than the blood of Abel. Can we have blood without sacrifice? Next, Paul says, there is no testament without the death of a testator. Old testament is animal death, new testament is christ's death. Bible says, while we were yet sinners, Christ DIED for us.

However, God did not command man to kill man just to please HIM. Christ's death is an agreement between God and Christ. Beside, you can't end christ's life. He is the resurrection and eventually rose again. That is not thesame wt killing animals or man that cannot rise back on their volition
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by deolaarc(m): 6:12am On Jun 01, 2015
Bible is complete, Jesus Christ Came the last Adam. Old things passed away, all this became new. He came to sacrifice himself for the salvation of Man, john 3-16. He was Gods beloveth that was why we have to go the father tru him. There was transition. The saint died, they were seated at the right hand of the father in the heavenly place. The second transition of world now bring about. God the father God the son and Holy spirit
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by samplegirl(f): 6:19am On Jun 01, 2015
kimond101:

Muhammad submitted to the will of God

Please which God did Muhammad submit himself to?
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by samplegirl(f): 6:24am On Jun 01, 2015
ITbomb:
Watch as atheists would invade this thread

They are here already in numbers. May God help us.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by kimond101: 6:25am On Jun 01, 2015
bukatyne:

How would I explain without the Bible when that is the basis of my belief?

We are all given brains to think irrespective of what our religious belief is.
Life is but a temporary place of delusion in which competition in worldly affairs diverts us until we visit the grave.
Having an open mind when getting to know your creator is necessary.
God is one. The absolute and eternal. God is not man. He begets not neither was he begotten cause that is what his creations does. He is able to do all things. And there's nothing comparable to him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos / Funeral Service For Reinhard Bonke In Florida Draws Thousands / Pastor James Ng'ang'a Arrested For Exposing A Woman's Breast During Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.