Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) (79967 Views)

Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / TB Joshua’s Prophecy On US Election Comes True…[only In Online Polls]… / If Christ Sits On The Right-hand Side Of God, Who Sits On His Left-hand Side? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by oyejideogunjumo: 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2015
kheart:

Limited to dead isrealites only? So u re saying other people dat beliv in prophets dat came b4 jesus ll not make heaven because dey aint isrelites?
which prophets came before Jesus who were not Israelites? pls mention them.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 01, 2015
Finally had time to reply you...
You are a big fool for your stupid life....i dnt who brought you to ds country!! Maybe your one of this boko idiets
ziqqz:

hey! you there! you wit brain the size of a peanut. ehennnn yes you. umm...
Sharrap!
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Maximus85(m): 10:48pm On Jun 01, 2015
ravgach:

The meaning of Lake of fire in Revelation 20:14. 21:8, simply means what Jesus called it in Matthew 25:41 "...Depart from me, ye cursed, into EVERLASTING FIRE, prepared for the devil and his angels." Lake of fire is called everlasting fire. It is the final place of the lost sinners, the devil and his angels. Hell fire is the temporal place of the lost (dead) sinners awaiting the final judgment.

There is no controversy about the name of God. No one should make issues out of it. God has many names. He told Moses that His name is I AM. He called Himself the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. God's name is Jehovah. His Name is Jesus. He is also Everlasting Father. He is Father. Please do not tell us that unless we call Him by the name you prefer we have not called His name. This is religious arrogance! Infact, people are free to call God by the name they like as long as it is hallowed. Jesus taught us to say HALLOWED IS YOUR NAME.

Please do not confuse us with religious jargons! Second death is going to hell (lake of fire) and lake of fire means second death simple.

When the Bible say that "Every eye shall see Him." Rev 1:7; Luke 21:27, what does that mean? Can you see a spirit? When the angels of God announced that "This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven", is there any ambiguity in it? Since Jesus resurrection in Matthew 27:52-53, people go to heaven on a daily basis. It is not surprising that there will be saints who will be returning with Him at His second coming. They will of course have angelic bodies, the type of body that Jesus had when he resurrected and was still visible and touchable by his disciples.

You must be writing to ignorant people if you say Jehovah's Witnesses have stuck to one teaching. Infact they change teachings so frequently. For instance the teaching of hell fire, whether Adam and Eve are in heaven or not, head covering, blood transfusion/eating blood, whether Jesus is angel Michael, etc. has changed many, many times over since the death of T. Russel. Sticking to a belief, is not a virtue, if the beliefs are erroneous!

I'm happy you know that those who wrest scriptures will incur God's wrath. Jehovah's Witnesses have done this over and over again.

Show us just one verse that Jehovah's witnesses have changed. I will take a snapshot of the manuscript from the library of Congress and the English translation and what we have in the new word translation for the world to see.

You are the ignorant here. I wonder why Jesus didn't say hallowed be thy NAMES when he was teaching his disciples how to pray.

You must be the one who gave God the millions of names. Simple English, is "God of Abraham" a name? God has but just one name - Jehovah which mean I am or he causes to become whatever he wants to make his will come to pass. I am John. That is my name. I am the son of my father (like God of Issac) is that a name or a title. Part of God's glory is his name, he doesn't and will never share with anybody not even Jesus.

Why have your people removed Jehovah from the Bible and replaced by titles, Lord? Bros, do you know that God is not a name?
Even king James admitted to removing the name. He gave a very flimsy reason though. Jesus said he came to make God's name (not names) known. Brother in christ, what is that name?

2 Likes

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by segunotiti(m): 1:10am On Jun 02, 2015
During the old testament up untill the resurrection of jesus christ the criteria for entering heaven were faith in God and obedience to the commandments. which wasn't ideal. But the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ created a better way to get to God in which no man can get to God except through Christ and to live a Christian life we must also be fully baptised with the Holyspirit. That's the evolution of Christianity my friends.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Adwexky(m): 3:31am On Jun 02, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[b][size=13pt]the story of christ is filled with ancient lies and so are the stories of all other prophets and gods,be he christ, mohammed, budda, shango etc.i dont know how a people of this modern age can still belive this fairy tale stories just becus it was brought to us by the whites.....every religion claims to be the truth and god says he loves us and we must love him back and if we dont, he will put us in hell, i always wonder which kind of love that is and i know only a blood thirsty villan would act like that.

Of all the gods in the world, that of the bible is the most stupid, mad and deranged and i sincerly will never accept him, if salvation is only gotten through him,i choose to go to hell rather than be a slave to such a wicked beast

A beast that would send a bear to eat 52 children for laughing at a bald elijah.
A beast that would drown a whole world that he claim to love and made in his image
A beast that would sanction the massacre rape and murder of women and children by moses.
A beast who build the most horrifying torture chamber to torture those he claim to love because they couldnt belive in him.
A beast that tolorated slavery.
A beast that watched jephtah sacrify his daughter to him as his promise if he wins a war.
A beast that watched the sacrifing of his only begotten son so that he could forgive man by grace.
A beast that watch over all the suffering of the world and does nothing to ameliorate it

I refuse to worship you, you ethernal beast and vile creator, no wonder other angel supported satan in his bid to overthrow you despotic ass........i have chosen my side if the armagadon is ever true....i will ride with lucifer on that day against you army and this time i know we will succeed and put you in the bottomless pit that you created for your beloved ones[/b]s.[/size][/b]

ALL THESE EXPRESSIONS OR INFORMATION ARE UNROOTED!

Don't listen to what you heart tells you, it might definitely be the voice of the devil.

May God Help You!
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 02, 2015
lordpreps:
Finally had time to reply you...
I am a big fool for my stupid life....i dnt know who brought me to ds country!! Maybe I'm one of this boko idiets

Ok grin
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by solreb: 10:04am On Jun 02, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[b][size=13pt]the story of christ is filled with ancient lies and so are the stories of all other prophets and gods,be he christ, mohammed, budda, shango etc.i dont know how a people of this modern age can still belive this fairy tale stories just becus it was brought to us by the whites.....every religion claims to be the truth and god says he loves us and we must love him back and if we dont, he will put us in hell, i always wonder which kind of love that is and i know only a blood thirsty villan would act like that.

Of all the gods in the world, that of the bible is the most stupid, mad and deranged and i sincerly will never accept him, if salvation is only gotten through him,i choose to go to hell rather than be a slave to such a wicked beast

A beast that would send a bear to eat 52 children for laughing at a bald elijah.
A beast that would drown a whole world that he claim to love and made in his image
A beast that would sanction the massacre rape and murder of women and children by moses.
A beast who build the most horrifying torture chamber to torture those he claim to love because they couldnt belive in him.
A beast that watched jephtah sacrify his daughter to him as his promise if he wins a war.
A beast that watched the sacrifing of his only begotten son so that he could forgive man by grace.
A beast that watch over all the suffering of the world and does nothing to ameliorate it

I refuse to worship you, you ethernal beast and vile creator, no wonder other angel supported satan in his bid to overthrow you despotic ass........i have chosen my side if the armagadon is ever true....i will ride with lucifer on that day against you army and this time i know we will succeed and put you in the bottomless pit that you created for your beloved ones[/b]s.[/size][/b]
It shows clearly that you are an atheist. I pray that God in His infinite mercy will touch you and cause you to change your ways.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by ravgach: 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2015
Maximus85:

Show us just one verse that Jehovah's witnesses have changed. I will take a snapshot of the manuscript from the library of Congress and the English translation and what we have in the new word translation for the world to see.

You are the ignorant here. I wonder why Jesus didn't say hallowed be thy NAMES when he was teaching his disciples how to pray.

You must be the one who gave God the millions of names. Simple English, is "God of Abraham" a name? God has but just one name - Jehovah which mean I am or he causes to become whatever he wants to make his will come to pass. I am John. That is my name. I am the son of my father (like God of Issac) is that a name or a title. Part of God's glory is his name, he doesn't and will never share with anybody not even Jesus.

Why have your people removed Jehovah from the Bible and replaced by titles, Lord? Bros, do you know that God is not a name?
Even king James admitted to removing the name. He gave a very flimsy reason though. Jesus said he came to make God's name (not names) known. Brother in christ, what is that name?

I will show you one as you requested. In the book of John Chapter 1 verse 1, the Bible recorded this: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." The Jehovah's Witnesses in their own Bible, translated it this way: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." Compare this with John 10:34 "Jesus answered them, "Isn't it written in your scripture, I said, you are gods?"; [/b]John 14:30 "I will not speak much more with you, [b]for the god of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me." and 2 Corinthians 4:4 "Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe..." What is the difference between god (Jesus) as translated by Jehovah's Witnesses, god (men) and god (Satan)?

It is only in their Bible and those of their offshoots that you will find this type of translation. There are many of these misrepresentations all over their own Bible. Please note that the translators of the King James Bible are people everyone know their names and professions. They are highly certified, world acclaimed translators. Guess what? The translators of the New World Translation (Jehovah Witnesses Bible) are faceless! Their academic qualifications and professions are shrouded in secrecy. One of the translators who God delivered from this secrecy, confessed that most of them were not skilled in Greek and Hebrew languages. What a revelation!

My brother, do not allow religious bigotry make you lose your sense of good understanding. That your religious organization is called Jehovah's Witnesses, should not make you so much fall in love with the name of your religious organization to the extent of not knowing that names do not matter. Some people call themselves Jesus and they are atheists. Some call themselves Paul and they are armed robbers. Be careful that names do not deceive you.

God has many names. Jehovah definitely is one of them but that is not His only Name.
In Isaiah 9:6 the Bible records: "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
In Exodus 6:3, the Bible records: "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty (El-Shaddai), [/b]but by [b]my name JEHOVAH [/b]I was not known to them." (KJV).
In Exodus 3:14, God told Moses His Name: "God said to Moses,[b] I AM WHO I AM
. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: [b]'I AM [/b]has sent me to you."
In Exodus 20:2, God said: "I am the[b] LORD [Yahweh] [/b]your [b]God [Elohim], [/b]who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.”
In Matthew 6:9, Jesus taught His disciples to pray thus: "[b]'Our Father [/b]in heaven, hallowed be your name..."

There are so many names of God but from the foregoing, we can deduce that God's Names are:

1. Wonderful
2. Counsellor
3. The Mighty God
4. Everlasting Father
5. The Prince of Peace
6. El-Shaddai
7. Jehovah
8. Elohim
9. I AM
10. Yahweh
11. Our Father in Heaven
12. Adonai

Yes in some translations, the word JEHOVAH has been replaced with LORD. This is one and the same thing. One is in the original language the other is in the English Language. No one can take God's Name away from Him! If you are a believer in God, you should have known this. Many other translations retained the word JEHOVAH in their translations. Moreover, there is no place where God commanded that we should only call Him Jehovah or any prayer made without the name Jehovah, will not be answered. He asked the people in His time, "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?" It means that what God is so much interested in, is obedience to His commandments. He has many names according to his attributes. He will answer, whichever one we call Him as long as we are His true children and do what he has commanded us to do. All these religious bickering are not his headache at all. Whether it is Jehovah, Yahweh or Yeshua, He will answer as long as we do what pleases Him. All these accusations you are making about removing the name Jehovah, is needless, unfounded and diversionary.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Titto93(m): 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2015
Chinaimporter:

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by samplegirl(f): 9:37am On Jun 03, 2015
kimond101:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Allah is God in Arabic
Olodumare is God in Yoruba
Chineke is God in igbo

I don't need to read a book by someone in order to know who my creator is
He sent messengers with revelations.
Torah to Moses
Gospel to Jesus
Quran to Mohammed

These uncorrupted version of the above mentioned contain the truth on who Allah is.

The word ALLAH does not mean God in Arabic.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Maximus85(m): 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
ravgach:

I will show you one as you requested. In the book of John Chapter 1 verse 1, the Bible recorded this: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." The Jehovah's Witnesses in their own Bible, translated it this way: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." Compare this with John 10:34 "Jesus answered them, "Isn't it written in your scripture, I said, you are gods?"; [/b]John 14:30 "I will not speak much more with you, [b]for the god of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me." and 2 Corinthians 4:4 "Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe..." What is the difference between god (Jesus) as translated by Jehovah's Witnesses, god (men) and god (Satan)?

It is only in their Bible and those of their offshoots that you will find this type of translation. There are many of these misrepresentations all over their own Bible. Please note that the translators of the King James Bible are people everyone know their names and professions. They are highly certified, world acclaimed translators. Guess what? The translators of the New World Translation (Jehovah Witnesses Bible) are faceless! Their academic qualifications and professions are shrouded in secrecy. One of the translators who God delivered from this secrecy, confessed that most of them were not skilled in Greek and Hebrew languages. What a revelation!

My brother, do not allow religious bigotry make you lose your sense of good understanding. That your religious organization is called Jehovah's Witnesses, should not make you so much fall in love with the name of your religious organization to the extent of not knowing that names do not matter. Some people call themselves Jesus and they are atheists. Some call themselves Paul and they are armed robbers. Be careful that names do not deceive you.

God has many names. Jehovah definitely is one of them but that is not His only Name.
In Isaiah 9:6 the Bible records: "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
In Exodus 6:3, the Bible records: "And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty (El-Shaddai), [/b]but by [b]my name JEHOVAH [/b]I was not known to them." (KJV).
In Exodus 3:14, God told Moses His Name: "God said to Moses,[b] I AM WHO I AM
. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: [b]'I AM [/b]has sent me to you."
In Exodus 20:2, God said: "I am the[b] LORD [Yahweh] [/b]your [b]God [Elohim], [/b]who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.”
In Matthew 6:9, Jesus taught His disciples to pray thus: "[b]'Our Father [/b]in heaven, hallowed be your name..."

There are so many names of God but from the foregoing, we can deduce that God's Names are:

1. Wonderful
2. Counsellor
3. The Mighty God
4. Everlasting Father
5. The Prince of Peace
6. El-Shaddai
7. Jehovah
8. Elohim
9. I AM
10. Yahweh
11. Our Father in Heaven
12. Adonai

Yes in some translations, the word JEHOVAH has been replaced with LORD. This is one and the same thing. One is in the original language the other is in the English Language. No one can take God's Name away from Him! If you are a believer in God, you should have known this. Many other translations retained the word JEHOVAH in their translations. Moreover, there is no place where God commanded that we should only call Him Jehovah or any prayer made without the name Jehovah, will not be answered. He asked the people in His time, "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?" It means that what God is so much interested in, is obedience to His commandments. He has many names according to his attributes. He will answer, whichever one we call Him as long as we are His true children and do what he has commanded us to do. All these religious bickering are not his headache at all. Whether it is Jehovah, Yahweh or Yeshua, He will answer as long as we do what pleases Him. All these accusations you are making about removing the name Jehovah, is needless, unfounded and diversionary.

Jehovah's Witnesses have no leader. Jesus is the head of the congregation. Those serving the Jehovah's witnesses congregations can't be known to you. Those who really wants to know knows them. They are not faceless. They take no credit for themselves. They don't want to be popular like your pastors. Your churches comes with big pictures of the pastors and of cos their wives. We don't seek such popularity. Jesus went from town to town, house to house city to city, preaching with his disciples. And he was percicuted. When he was going he told his disciples to expect worse cos what they were preaching is strange to what the people all around believed.
Jesus said when we are percicuted, we should be happy cos we are suffering the pains and insults for his course. How many of you today are continuing the work Jesus and his disciples left?

All you do is prosperity prosperity. You say your God is not a poor God, yet Jesus came into the world humble and left humble even without a house on his head. He devoted all his life to the gospel. Same does his disciples. Nobody is saying we can't live well but neglecting the primary assignment of preaching and pursuing power, prominence thereby, contaminating the house of the God with politics and the rest is unacceptable.

John 1:1 was talking about two people. GOD AND JESUS (THE WORD) see verse 14.

The Gods as used for Jehovah, Jesus, Man and Satan goes to show that. God or god is a title. when you dominate on anything or persons, you are a god to them. God is just a title.

Does, i am the lord thy God make a meaningful sense to you? What is that sentence trying to tell you?

You have listed titles and not names.
Until you accept that Yaweh was removed from your Bible and tell me the meaning of Yaweh (Jehovah) then we can talk. We are all learning anyways.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Provie(m): 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
Chinaimporter:

Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Abdulhakeem7(m): 2:39am On Jun 30, 2015
dexmundo:

one point is that God is almighty and cannot be changed or his standards cannot be changed by mortals. God told Adam, the day u eat this fruit, you will die. That death became pending on us due to Adam mistake. Ask urself why did God reject Cain's offering and accepted Abel. Bible did nt say Cain brought thin dry yam like we are made to believe. The difference is that Abel's sacrifice was a blood offering- animal's life so it became acceptable. But in the book of Hebrew, Paul proves to us that it is not possible for blood of bulls to take away sin. That was why Jesus came in. Remember John the Baptist described Jesus as the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world. Why was it compulsory for Jesus to die since God wields veto power to forgive? Its because he pronounced death for sin and won't change his standard. If he does that, it would be injustice he didn't forgive Satan with same veto power. God doesn't just forgive unrepentant sinners, u must come and say sir, i want ur forgiveness.

Bible says, the soul that sinneth, it shall die. So, what God did was out of love nt cruelty at all. To go back on his standard of justice to Satan, man or angels he won't do that. He simply brought in a game changer- JESUS. Jesus was not murdered by God. Jesus choose to die for us just the way Muslims die for Allah by suicide, its voluntary.
Note, Jesus had power to come back to life even if u murder his flesh 1000 times because his power is beyond the flesh. Jesus said, greater love than this hath no man, for a man to lay down his life for his friends- that's all he did. Christ said b4 his death, i have power to lay down my life and to take it up! So he rose again. Be happy for this, 'he rose again' made his life story good

its not cruelty like you see it!
Any muslim dat dies committing suicide will go to hell,so don't say they for Allah. Back to d Jesus case; if he chose to die for u willingly he wouldn't hav told God according to d bible dat let dis cup pass over me which means he didn't want to die in d first place and he also said my God my God why are thou forsaking me,dis statements implied dat he never wanted to die though islam believes dat He never died anyway rather He was raised up by God.
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by j1mmy: 3:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
there are still people on the planet who believe this santa fairy tale
Trust africans to be a century behind...lol
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 10, 2016
Lol
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by goldedprince: 4:51am On Feb 04, 2017
when i want to comment pn muslim tread, they ask me to accept mohamed as the only son of allah. why dont dey do it on christian thread?
Re: If Christ Is The True Only Way To Heaven, What Of These People ?? ( Must Read) by Kobojunkie: 12:49am On May 27, 2023
The Bible says No one can reach the Father except through the Father and that unless A Man accepts Christ as his personal Christ and Saviour ,such a person shall not make heaven of have access to Eternal life ( John 3:16) .
■ My question is,What happened to the Likes of Abraham,David ,Solomon and all these before Christ was born??
■ What was the Criteria for their own salvation since Christ was not born at the time??
■ Were they saved By the Good works day did ??
■ If so,why Do we need Christ in d First place when The People that were born before Christ still made it to Heaven.??
A confused fellow here..Answers are needed pls ??
1. Those of the Old are saved according to God's Old Covenant and Law - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

2. Again, Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, for those of the Old Law of Moses. As for Abraham, the detail was not revealed but we know that God gave Eternal life to all the righteous beginning with the person of Abel. undecided

3. Yes, those of the Old Law were saved by good works — righteousness— according to God's Old standard and Law. Abraham was saved also saved from the condemnation of sin aka Death by way of His righteousness - Genesis 26 vs 5

4. We are those who were not saved by our works in God's Old Law. Rather we incurred God's judgment and wrath and for that, God cursed and scattered us to all the ends of the world. We refused to obey God's Law and as such we were condemned to perish in the grave — as a result. So, in a way, we are the convicts — sinners — of the Old Covenant being given a second chance at redemption, and this is through Jesus Christ. And even with this chance at redemption, it is only those of us who become born-again, and seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's Righteousness, that will have the blessings and benefits of the Kingdom of God(including Heaven) added onto them. All others who accept the change but continue in sin will end up in the place of eternal Damnation. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo And Wife At The Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. Photos / Funeral Service For Reinhard Bonke In Florida Draws Thousands / Pastor James Ng'ang'a Arrested For Exposing A Woman's Breast During Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.