Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President (43584 Views)

Rohr Vows To Resign In November If Nigeria Doesn't Win The World Cup Ticket / Infantino With Ifeanyi Ubah: As FIFA Keys Into ‘Football Made In Anambra’ / Acting Fifa President Hayatou Sleeps Through Press Conference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Elan83(m): 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2015
i tot he inherited fifa throne frm his fada,, daft white mofoz! Dat baggar iz stickinly & copiously corupt! Nonsense!!
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Bifwoli: 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2015
disloman:
Wasn't surprised.I knew he will definitely step down.Blatter!goodbye.

No he wasn't about to step down,its just that he's probably figured out there's something that will nail him too and he steps down to save face a bit.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by donephi(m): 6:36pm On Jun 02, 2015
I thought he will remain there until he leaves this planet.
Well, that's very good for change. May this get to Issai... If you call hayatou,OYO for u
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by darejem4real: 6:38pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by todayguest(m): 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
Finally bowed to pressures. His actions in the last couple of days, no doubt, showed his despiration for power. A man whose organisation had been engulfed in weighty allegations of corruption, and some key members, arrested and detained had the guts to organize an election for a re-run.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by brilliant5(m): 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
Na e papa house. e for no resign na
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Aringarosa(m): 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
About time too! 17 years at the helm of a world organisation is simply too long.

Pressure piled on him behind the scenes by the FBI and Swiss authorities investigating, I reckon. He was utterly defiant last week. They must have something big on him. Now have a clear-out of FIFA and re-bid for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. No way those were "clean" bid.

This letter addressed to Jerome Valcke was published by SABC News on Tuesday morning

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by ApexTitan(m): 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2015
chiedu7:

One of the reasons GEJ lost was his opposition to gay rights.
So Obama dem frustrated him buying arms.

The foolishness is strong in this post.

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by peegirl(f): 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
justwise:

I can't believe that he is still there

Issa is there o. But he is next in line because African football can never grow beyond wat it is with criminals like him.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by fe32(m): 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
Sir, your are right but that Chuck Blazer thing as been well known in the USA just has everyone has known about corruption in FIFA for years.
bushdoc9919:

The American investigation started when some of their football officials started laundering their ill gotten wealth via American banks.

It all started with Chuck Blazer.

FIFA is not going to take Russia's rights away.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/fifa-corruption-arrests-supergrass-chuck-blazer-shows-off-lavish-lifestyle-through-his-blog-including-meeting-vladimir-putin-10284999.html
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Shymm3x: 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2015
martineverest:
Americans and EU have finally succeded in FIFA coup against russia......i commend blatter for his campain against 'football and politics'...hope dey wont give england 2018 hosting right

It has nothing to do with EU/UEFA - this witch-hunting is basically a US/UK thing - the two sore losers.

Most of Europe supported Blatter, and the French FA voted for him. They were also the first to congratulate him when he won.

Germany was very influential in the Qatar bid, nd the German FA also supported Blatter.

The US isn't even a footballing country...no one in the world of football cares about the yanks. As for the UK, if it doesn't qualify for the world cup, no one will miss the Three Lions. I don't know about the 2022 world cup - but I doubt they can stop the 2018 world cup.

5 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by samdolad(m): 6:48pm On Jun 02, 2015
Abeg, when is d nxt CAF presidential election? investigation must start, hayatou must go.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by PassingShot(m): 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2015
MosakuAW:
Good news! How can someone rule for 16years.

I tot ruling for long period only happens in Africa.

Fifa needs to put a lot of things in place and the new president must get it right.

Bye bye Blatter, u can as well join GEJ in Otuke.
Wicked with your last line.

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Aringarosa(m): 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
There's something behind this present sudden action. Blatter is a man who thinks things out carefully before action. I'm suspicious.

I guess this old boy will soon be singing like a canary.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by slimgeez: 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
I no fit laugh.... And he was mocking God. calling Him 'what ever spirit'... Change!. Hahahaha.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by MarceloO(m): 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2015
Good for all this sit-tight leaders jor. CAF presido to follow soon grin
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by fe32(m): 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2015
Platini even supported Qatar just as many European nations. Blatter didn't.
Shymm3x:

It has nothing to do with EU/UEFA - this witch-hunting is basically a US/UK thing - the two sore losers.

Most of Europe supported Blatter, and the French FA voted for him. They were also the first to congratulate him when he won.

Germany was very influential in the Qatar bid, nd the German FA also supported Blatter.

The US isn't even a footballing country...no one in the world of football cares about the yanks. As for the UK, if it doesn't qualify for the world cup, no one will miss the Three Lions. I don't know about the 2022 world cup - but I doubt they can stop the 2018 world cup.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by seniorklop: 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2015
I was atually anticipating his resignation. Its a honourable thing to do. This should be a lesson for Nigerian and African leaders who love to hold on to power till death do them part. Amidst all corruption charges he was not personally indicted yet he...
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Hydy(m): 6:56pm On Jun 02, 2015
At long last!...We've seen so many scandals and problems in FIFA, raising quite a lot of questions over how the organisation has been run in recent years under Blatter's watch. I'm not implying that he is corrupt but I believe leaders should be judged by results and in my own opinion, Blatter has done a terrible job over the years. It's been a long time coming and it's a good thing he has finally taken responsibility and done the needful by resigning. I wish him well.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Shymm3x: 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2015
fe32:
Platini even supported Qatar just as many European nations. Blatter didn't.

That's what folks don't.

These folks are trying to hijack FIFA from the blindside and turn it into IOC whereby only selected countries are allowed to host the competition, despite the fact that developing countries have the highest number of votes in the body.

EU aren't a party to this madness. England is bitter cos Prince William who's also the head of the FA got jilted despite travelling there to represent England's bid, and I believe it was meant to be his wedding present. Maybe that's understandable, maybe not. However, the yanks don't even play football - they suck at it. And they hosted one in 1994 via fraudulent means - why are they hell bent on hosting another one?

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by majamajic(m): 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
The story is .. to resign not Has.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Humblebloke(m): 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
How abour Issa Hayatou(CAF).... He should step down too!

The toad has done nothing for african football...
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by jidebaba69(m): 6:59pm On Jun 02, 2015
justwise:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32982449

More details to come

When fish wants to rot it starts from the head,
Blatter can't claim that he knows nothing about what's going on because if its so then he doesn't deserve to be there!
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
Another American Victory. Qatar and Russia will be worried now

2 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by thuao(m): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
finally, its long overdue.
next is hayattou, senile old people, wey wan die for post as if Na their family right.
Blatter is the corruption in FIFA.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by sultan003(m): 7:05pm On Jun 02, 2015
Shymm3x:

french fa voted blatter because they are hosting the female world cup in 2019, germany has been supporting blatter ever since they bribed charles dempsey of oceania during the bid for 2006 world cup. the other countries that voted for blatter did so because of the huge investments from qatar in their country

ever since uk and usa lost the rights to host the world cup, they have been accusing fifa of corruption and all that. does it mean that other countries can't host the world cup? na only uk and usa dey this world? To satisfy a saddened clinton, the qatari bid committee gave his foundation, huge amounts of donation. if the "african disapora" is being investigated, why not clinton?

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by EbuGeneral(m): 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
BUHARI SHOULD PROBE HIM
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by pressplay411(m): 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
MosakuAW:
Good news! How can someone rule for 16years.

I tot ruling for long period only happens in Africa.

Fifa needs to put a lot of things in place and the new president must get it right.

Bye bye Blatter, u can as well join GEJ in Otuke.

Actually Fifa seems to condone long term presidents. Joao Havelange before him was president for 24 years. There are still others that stayed longer than Sepp with Rimet Jules ruling the longest as President for 33yrs.
Although I'm not trying to defend him but I think he earns some points by honorably stepping down amid all the allegations in the best interest of a sport we can't deny he genuinely loves.

1 Like

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by omokab: 7:07pm On Jun 02, 2015
It will be good if u resign as FIFA president.This will be one of the best things that will happen to history of football. I know before that you are bribing your way.Just leave football and go to your home to rest.bye bye
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Shymm3x: 7:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
sultan003:

french fa voted blatter because they are hosting the female world cup in 2019, germany has been supporting blatter ever since they bribed charles dempsey of oceania during the bid for 2006 world cup. the other countries that voted for blatter did so because of the huge investments from qatar in their country

ever since uk and usa lost the rights to host the world cup, they have been accusing fifa of corruption and all that. does it mean that other countries can't host the world cup? na only uk and usa dey this world? To satisfy a saddened clinton, the qatari bid committee gave his foundation, huge amounts of donation. if the "african disapora" is being investigated, why not clinton?

Lol, and what nailed him, and other FIFA officials was the South African bid (the 2010 world cup). Not Russian and/or Qatari bids.

They went after those they could get easily, and isn't it shocking that all those accused of corruption are from South America, and those were the folks who helped South Africa win the bid.

3 Likes

Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Osunkwor(m): 7:09pm On Jun 02, 2015
Long overdue Blatter.
Re: Sepp Blatter To Resign As Fifa President by Maxymilliano(m): 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2015
His 5th term lasted only four days ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kelechi Nwakali Donates N86M To ASJ Of Eziobodo, First Academy / Esimaje Awani: NFF Has Not Paid Me For Super Eagles World Cup Outfits / AFCON: Huges Ngouelondele, DR Congo Sports Minister Beaten On Arrival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.