Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,312 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale (55498 Views)

Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi / President Buhari And His Legion Of Sycophants – Yemi Adebowale / My Reply To "Buhari Is Failing Already-yemi Adebowale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:50am On Jun 06, 2015
CSTR2:
Buhari should get to work.
That is a simple request that any reasonable human being can agree with it.
For a president who has been running for the presidency in the past 12 years ,we expect a much better level of preparedness .
Only a matter of time before his goodwill evaporates.
not just running for 12yrs but was the head of state for 20months yet no clue on how to start running a govt.nigeria is bad, yes. But d question we shud be asking ourselves is was nigeria anyway good or better before?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 06, 2015
Mentcee:
You are the bloodiest idiott ever known to man. Has your senile, illiterate, islamist, aged, terrorist Bokoari of a maximum ruler done anything to improve power in Nigeria? Has he even raised a finger? Take this to the bank: the light you've been stupidly enjoying for over one week was and is given to you by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR and not Baba One Chance. Perish you ignorant fooll.
the body language of a leader speaks volume, Gej was just a curse to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:52am On Jun 06, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

stop misfiring bobo, this article was written by a sophisticated citizen. We r just doing justice to it.

And you think I am not "sophisticated"? grin

In any case, there's nothing sophisticated about the article. Besides, "sophisticated" citizens don't think for me.

The article is pathetically bad-tempered. It's just days since the inauguration, and yet you expect PMB to wave a magic wand and wish away the rot that took decades to form! The " sophisticated" citizen even went further to compare PMB with Cameron: that PMB "didn't hit the ground running"! Really? You see, PMB has peculiar problems to deal with, one of which is to get a good grip on APC if he wants to succeed, and he cannot do that by taking rash decisions. Cameron doesn't have this problem, and I'm left bewildered how our "sophisticated" citizen didn't factor this point before "misfiring"!

The article is nothing but a hate campaign.

Kindest regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Rose2014: 11:52am On Jun 06, 2015
yang:
An illiterate is an illiterate. . .the way the North and south-west voted for an illiterate with no WAEC certificate and expect him to produce a blueprint, draw up strategy manage bla bla bla beats me. You cannot plant cassava and expect to see a palm tree. What you have done is remove a working govt of GEJ and put a confused dullard putting the Africa biggest Economy in reverse gear and the small agricultural minister that was growing agriculture, they chased him away to AFDB to sit in an office and speak English when he could be of better use here in Nigeria growing the Agriculture sector
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 06, 2015
chief2006:

You can't be serious..you enjoyed light for the past one week and you feel is the dullard Buhari that made that possible? Jonathan made it possible, his Government was only sabotaged....buhari as confirmed it that he does not have any plans on power so whatever we are enjoying now is still Jonathan's efforts.
is it Gej that is no more in government that did? What many of guys don't know is the body language of a leader speaks volume

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Johnsinia(m): 11:53am On Jun 06, 2015
tucky200:
U want him to begin like our former leaders who ended up failing woefully..nope ,dis is a new government and its not business as usual grin
Bc u ve nt been bombed yet by boko haram
Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by ElDeeVee(m): 11:54am On Jun 06, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

lemme ask u dis question, if u r in a democratic setting n d law clearly spelled that a chairmanship post is just for a single term, n someone flout that law just because he has d backing of people who r superior to d laws at some extent. Will u vote for him?
Wats ur point?
Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lmao.
Ladies don't self-service.
They blowtongue
cheesy

Hmmmmn, ok.
Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 06, 2015
emmboy:
you are a dunce just like him. Don't you know he hasn't even started any work on electricity sector, those stupid phcn people only didn't want to give light just to make it look like he's the savior. This people are just using us for campaign and other rubbish and you are here talking trash.
you are a dullard. It is only the light that is generated that can be supplied
Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by frakdon(m): 11:58am On Jun 06, 2015
Nna okwa ndi 1 chance ooo
Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Ramstar: 11:58am On Jun 06, 2015
personally I am not feeling President Buhari Style of Government, over a week now no SFG, He shouldn't be thinking now but unveiling!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by sweetgala(m): 11:59am On Jun 06, 2015
989900:

Even the US has 6 CENTCOMs.

If we compare our military command to the US/Uk command , none of the Top Generals are even equal in rank to the Division Commanders posted in Japan,Germany, or USF in Baghdad

Did the writer think the US wanted to build a post-office in africa with their decade long effort to locate an African Command in West Africa !

Some people know very little but use big words to sway like minded illiterates.
Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by remirez07(m): 12:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
SenseiX:
It seems President Muhammadu Buhari doesn’t know that elections are over and it is time to start actualizing his promises. The first few days of a new President in office matter a great deal. Acting authoritatively within 24 hours of being sworn will send the right signal to all that he is ready to implement change. Buhari has already failed in this regard. He is supposed to hit the ground running considering the mirage of problems facing this nation. The new President simply hit the ground and sat down there. The cabal controlling Nigeria has already ringed him. He could not appoint a Secretary to the Federal Government, seven days after his inauguration. He could not even appoint a Chief of Staff. He is struggling with his list of ministers. So many interest groups within his ruling All Progressives Congress are holding him by the jugular. Ogbonnaya Onu and Rotimi Amaechi are battling for the position of SGF. Buhari should be reminded that a forward-looking leader like David Cameron of the United Kingdom announced his cabinet with 48 hours of emerging victorious.

Our dear Buhari could not even appoint a spokesman. He ended up appointing spokesmen. I have never heard of this in any sane society. He has Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu appointed as spokesmen just to satisfy diverse interest groups. Ever heard of leaders like Barack Obama or David Cameron operating with spokesmen? This is an agenda for chaos in the media management area.

I can’t understand why Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Barde and Army Chief, Kenneth Minimah are still in office. If we are talking about change and wiping out Boko Haram, the men in charge of the war’s Command and Control ought not to be in office by this time. Buhari obviously has no blueprint on how to handle Boko Haram. These bastards have killed over 300 people in the last seven days. The President has directed that the defence headquarters be moved to Maiduguri. There is clearly no sense in this. Buhari simply wants to jeopadise the Command and Control Centre. The United States did not move the Pentagon to the Gulf region during the Gulf war. Yet, they decapitated Iraqi forces. United Kingdom did not move its defence headquarters to the Falkland during the war with Argentina over the Falkland. Buhari’s directive is an archaic military strategy. This is obviously unnecessary in modern warfare. Obviously, our dear President has no blueprint for tackling the Boko Haram problem. All he did during the election was to excoriate Goodluck Jonathan’s security failure. He had no plans of his own.

The next thing the President did was to dash to Niger and Chad to talk to their leaders about curtailing Boko Haram. Yes, this would help in shortening trans-border terrorism. But how will this stop ongoing suicide bombings inside Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states by the blood-thirsty Boko Haram? The suicide bombers are obviously not crossing into the country from the neighbouring countries. They are within the country, manufacturing and using Improvised Explosive Devices. They are using petrol and gas cylinders, all obtained within the country, for suicide bombings. Intelligence gathering and technology are key to detecting and curtailing the deadly activities of these suicide bombers. We need to put our internal security in order before running to Chad and Niger republics.

I am also surprised that heads of failed government departments and agencies that have done collateral damages to this country are still in office eight days after Buhari’s inauguration. How can the leadership of the Customs and Excise still be in office by this time? Why should the leadership of the NNPC and the NERC still be in office? The leadership of the FIRS is still in office, yet we are talking about change. Change in this direction should come within 24 hours. We are still waiting for our dear President to act.
[b]Buhari response to the power crisis in his inauguration speech was also appalling. How can the President say that, “careful studies are under way during this transition to identify the quickest, safest and most cost-effective way to bring light and relief to Nigerians.” So, the President did not do a thorough study of the power crisis and the way forward before campaigning to take over from Jonathan? So, the President has no blueprint on how to tackle the power crisis? So, Buhari is just about assembling a team to decide on what to do? That should have been in his bag already. It is part of what is called hitting the ground running in governance. I hope we have not entered a one chance bus? I guess that was why Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo sent him his own blueprint on the power crisis. My humble suggestion is for Buhari to quickly go after Atiku Abubakar and collect his comprehensive blueprint on how to tackle crisis in virtually all the sectors of our economy. A better-prepared Atiku commissioned a very reliable team to do this during his campaign for Presidency. But the APC painfully denied him their Presidential ticket. It is a pity that a well-prepared Atiku may never become the President of this country because we always celebrate mediocrity. [/b]

Buhari has also left many bemused by his refusal to make public his asset declaration. Garba Shehu said, “President Muhammadu Buhari has declared his assets to the Code of Conduct Bureau as required by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. If anyone is interested in knowing details of his asset worth, such a person can avail himself or herself of the use of Freedom of Information Act to seek the information from the bureau.” What an insult. One of Buhari’s key campaign promises was public declaration of assets and liabilities. How can he now do this to Nigerians? Late President Umaru Yar’Adua made public his asset declaration after submitting to the Code of Conduct Bureau. Clearly, Buhari has something to hide. The National Secretary of the Labour Party, Kayode Ajulo was right when he accused the President of failing to keep  the covenant he had with Nigerians to publish his assets publicly. Ajulo said: “The promise on the declaration of assets made to Nigerians was to woo voters. Now, the voters have fulfilled their part of the agreement. It is left for Buhari to fulfill the other part, failure of which is a clear violation of the social contract he had with millions of Nigerians.”

Now, the President has approval for 15 Special Advisers. What does he want to do with all these men? These Special Advisers will also have a retinue of special assistants. They will also need to maintain offices and vehicles. So, where is the belt tightening which our President promised in this scenario? On removal of fuel subsidy, Buhari is still shivering, eight days after inauguration. May Allah help Nigeria.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/i-thought-buhari-would-hit-the-ground-running/211273/
Cc lalasticlala
all they know to do ᶤร to pass α stupid bill that stated clearly that 11yrs old girl could have sex... That jjs 2 girls should be having sex?. What α mistake lordship we have voted him this time around.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by ibietela2(m): 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
eliment:
The cry of the loosers.

This man has barely stayed in office for a week and you guys want to kill him with criticism give him a break please let him do it the way he wants

At least I have enjoyed stable electricity supply in the last one week better than anytime under the 6 years of the clueless one

And the electricity generation was set up in the last 6 days?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Truckpusher(m): 12:02pm On Jun 06, 2015
standd:

Hmmmmn, ok.
Given your wealth of experience in Nakeology ,you're suppose to know better.
Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by codedslayer: 12:02pm On Jun 06, 2015
[s]
ECOTERRORS:
my silence will always push your monikers into extinction.

*IGNORED AGAIN*
[/s]

Scam artiste fuc.k off
Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

And you think I am not "sophisticated"? grin

In any case, there's nothing sophisticated about the article. Besides, "sophisticated" citizens don't think for me.

The article is pathetically bad tempered. It's just days since the inauguration, and yet you expect PMB to wave a magic wand and wish away the rot that took decades to form! The " sophisticated" citizen even went further to compare PMB with Cameron: that PMB "didn't hit the ground running"! Really? You see, PMB has peculiar problems to deal with, one of which is to get a good grip on APC if he wants to succeed, and he cannot do that by taking rash decisions. Cameron doesn't have this problem, and I'm left bewildered how our "sophisticated" citizen didn't factor this point before "misfiring"!

The article is nothing but a hate campaign.

Kindest regards
if u r a realist u would hv saw the future of this new govt.
Apc is made of 4 parties, they fused to become one, all wif diffrnt ideologies. How pmb will control dem would be d beginning of his tenure but d way we r seein it, the reverse is d case. What happened to the emergency meeting d party convened on thursday to chose a consensus candidate? As we r talkng apc has 3 candidates for dat senate president office, n u think this is right, when pdp just need 6 votes from apc to get that seat unless they just dont wanna play spoilers for them. Bobo till now no vital appointments hv been made even d commonest as sgf. Amaechi n onu are lobbying:......... Imagine if amaechi lose out what will happen. Imagine if saraki wins against all odds maybe allying with pdp cos that guy really needs that seat.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Dreysamm195(m): 12:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
lets giv him 1mnth gbam! you ppl are asking too much from him, u know what those past u called presidents has done to dis country worse. change is gone take time. wid this man am seeing a great future. it gon take time he aint a magician
Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by wonderfulman(m): 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2015
All of you have forgotten that The Military Government is different from Civillian Government.The President is studying Democracy before He acts.It is easier to criticise than build a well organised government structures.APC allow this Man to work,We cannot allow another failure in office for another four years
Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by IbokUtoroh(m): 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2015
ElDeeVee:
Wats ur point?
waht was ur point?
Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2015
ibietela2:

And the electricity generation was set up in the last 6 days?
the body language of a leader speaks volume
Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Realist2: 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
eliment:
The cry of the loosers.

This man has barely stayed in office for a week and you guys want to kill him with criticism give him a break please let him do it the way he wants

At least I have enjoyed stable electricity supply in the last one week better than anytime under the 6 years of the clueless one

Taar!,the article is nothing but the FACTS and Fact alone, now tell me why he has not hit the ground running if PMB has a plan, or what is he waiting for?.
As in the light you been enjoying, its what GEJ did, Buhari has not done anything,HIS PLAN IS STILL UNDER WAY

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Adultnextdoor(m): 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
TheImp:

You APC dolts are the worst form of sycophants, even in the face of glaring evidence of inaction by Buhari a week after inauguration, you all still remain shamelessly unabashed. Tell your Daura President to get to work and stop playing to the gallery.
........Maybe,you PDP cows should just calm down and let the president do his work!...Barely a week and you guys are already ranting.The real truth is that no matter how good a president is,we Nigerians can never be satisfied!!
Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by MizMyColi(f): 12:09pm On Jun 06, 2015
standd:

You don't know anything, you only assume that you know, Coli.

You haven't answered my question. And pls reply in clear terms and Nigerian English cheesygrin I don't do grammatikos, biko.

gringringrin
Ah jus dey laugh you.
Lmao.

Grammar ke? Leave matter ma'am.
The whole Nairaland know say ah dey learn work where you deytongue

I love Nigeria.
I'm in with love a Nigerian..
I will marry a Nigerian.
My Kids will be Nigerian.
They will live Nigeria(n)

Despite the throes of ethnic discordance which we have been bedevilled with as a people, despite the lives that have been lost due to the recklesssness of the operators of our federal system....

I believe that We Can and We will Be Better.

Like every normal person, I felt bad that our GEJ lost.
Well Hannie, believe it or not, I - Have - Moved - Onsmiley
I moved on the day I created a thread in this section and bashed myself by myselftongue

No one should expect all of us to fall in line and agree with every whim and inaction of this government.
If we do...then Nigeria is truly grounded.
They do well, we praise.
They misbehave, we criticize....and have fun while at itgringrin

I have to point out of though, that I do not subscribe to insulting the president, and I will not vehemently attack those who insult Oga BuBu.
Most APC folks on here need to get a taste of their own medicinewink

At this point, I don't wanna say more.

I really can't do or say more than this to prove to anyone that I love the people of this nation.

Let my actions speak for me and let people conclude as they deem fit.
They owe me nothing, neither do I.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Eluwilussit(m): 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
TheImp:
Only people who expected much from him are bound to be disappointed, he is junketing around the globe with his VP while Nigeria is on auto pilot, it's much easier to criticise than to govern.
Lalasticlala should put this on front page. I miss GEJ already.

Me too.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Johnsinia(m): 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
jibrilaminu003:

It is barely Seven days since coming to office,
but the President already scored five major
points that translate to dividends of
democracy. That is an average of a point a day:
1. He cut down recurrent expenditure by
reducing the number of Special Advisers from
136 that
Jonathan had, to just 15 for him. Yet, the critics alleged that he has already failed.
2. Marching order to Generals to
move out of their Abuja air conditioned offices
and relocate to Battlefield. Yet, the hypocrites said he is a failure.
3. Undertaking trilateral meeting with Niger and
Chad leaders on how to stamp out Boko Haram
once and for all. Again, he is already a failure.
4. Refused to interfere with National Assembly
leadership selections. Could any sane Nigerian bliv such would ever happen?
5. "I belong to nobody" - No
godfather or ethnic group, including his, that can
dictate or influence him. He is a joker, is all they could say.
For sixteen years of doom, the hypocrites expect a magic wand instantly to restore in six days what their clueless hero couldn't in six years. Such a childish mode of thinking.
I pray for God to protect and continue to guide
him. Amen!
Yes, Buhari ve just stayed few days in office. He will performed no doubt but not until boko haram ve boombed u 1000000ft below the earth... Is that what u want?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by ibietela2(m): 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2015
eliment:
the body language of a leader speaks volume

Yeah right

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Volksfuhrer(m): 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

if u r a realist u would hv saw the future of this new govt.
Apc is made of 4 parties, they fused to become one, all wif diffrnt ideologies. How pmb will control dem would be d beginning of his tenure but d way we r seein it, the reverse is d case. What happened to the emergency meeting d party convened on thursday to chose a consensus candidate? As we r talkng apc has 3 candidates for dat senate president office, n u think this is right, when pdp just need 6 votes from apc to get that seat unless they just dont wanna play spoilers for them. Bobo till now no vital appointments hv been made even d commonest as sgf. Amaechi n onu are lobbying:......... Imagine if amaechi lose out what will happen. Imagine if saraki wins against all odds maybe allying with pdp cos that guy really needs that seat.

All the more reason why I believe it's still too early to judge PMB who is currently overwhelmed by intra-party manoeuvrings. Give him time.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Johnsinia(m): 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
chidiandre:
the man has not eve spent a month in office some slowpoke have already started criticizing him....can u build a house in 8 days even if u have all the materials..... this person is a serious slowpoke for writing this article....Jonathan spent six years and he couldn't do anything where were u....shit
Is it until boko haram boombed u and all ur family b4 u will knw to hold GMB accountable? By the way, Gej is no more in office, so stop mentioning him. It is he who promised us change we shuld be talking abt

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Jmain: 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
standd:

Lolcheesy You must think your so called reasoning sessions holds any water, and everyone must agree with you.

Everyone mustn't agree with me but everyone must agree when plain facts are laid bare. Failure to do that renders them a fool. Don't be one of those lots.

standd:

You even forget that you don't own Nairaland or the Politics section.

And you forgot about this when you chose to quote and malign a fellow member ignorantly. No wonder she labeled you an hypocrite, it sure sticks to your personality like glue . . .. .

standd:

Arrogant cretins indeed.

You fit the category very well. No offense . . . . .

standd:

Pls swerve------------------------------>>> and keep swerving bro.

This is where you got it all wrong, i won't swerve pass any dumb and highly mischievous comments, i will sight them, quote them and address them.

You can't change that . . .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by anwo247: 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
Buhari you see your life?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Failing Already-Yemi Adebowale by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

gringringrin
Ah jus dey laugh you.
Lmao.

Grammar ke? Leave matter ma'am.
The whole Nairaland know say ah dey learn work where you deytongue

I love Nigeria.
I'm in with love a Nigerian..
I will marry a Nigerian.
My Kids will be Nigerian.
They will live Nigeria(n)

Despite the throes of ethnic discordance which we have been bedevilled with as a people, despite the lives that have been lost due to the recklesssness of the operators of our federal system....

I believe that We Can and We will Be Better.

Like every normal person, I felt bad that our GEJ lost.
Well Hannie, believe it or not, I - Have - Moved - Onsmiley
I moved on the day I created a thread in this section and bashed myself by myselftongue

No one should expect all of us to fall in line and agree with every whim and inaction of this government.
If we do...then Nigeria is truly grounded.
They do well, we praise.
They misbehave, we criticize....and have fun while at itgringrin

I have to point out of though, that I do not subscribe to insulting the president, and I will not vehemently attack those who insult Oga BuBu.
Most APC folks on here need to get a taste of their own medicinewink

At this point, I don't wanna say more.

I really can't do or say more than this to prove to anyone that I love the people of this nation.

Let my actions speak for me and let people conclude as they deem fit.
They owe me nothing, neither do I.

Saying it as it is! PMB will be rightly lampooned, attacked and even INSULTED. There's nothing anyone can do about it, though I'm NOT a party to mindless criticism.

But PMB will definitely be criticised. The hypocrites should have known this. Payback!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Look At What PDP Published On Page 5 Of Today's Guardian News Paper. (photo) / Governor Ademola Adeleke Makes First Appointments (Photos) / Udom Emmanuel And A Dead Accident Victim Yesterday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.