Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Is Mary The Mother Of God? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Mary The Mother Of God? (18443 Views)

How A Nairalander Celebrated The Mother's Sunday / Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Barnabaseloka(m): 11:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
btoks:

Actually, you'll find that sola scriptura which you're alluding to here is what has led to countless denominations with different interpretations/teachings. This is why sola scriptura can never work - you need a guiding church. The issue at hand is what is the correct teaching. I bet you and your fellow protestants have differing on big issues such as trinity,baptism etc.

I'll you a simple question on a different note - what is the correct teaching on the bread Jesus talked about in John 6 and the last supper? And let us know when this teaching was accepted in the church.
Yes, everyone needs to go to the church that will guide him/her through the scriptures, and not through philosophies of men. Yet, the greatest guide is the Holy Spirit, and He cannot contradict the scriptures while doing His work.

If we do not study that which we have got in the bible, we surely will be easily deceived. I say again that whatever one is taught in any church that contradicts what is written in the Scriptures should be thrown away, no matter how good and logical such teaching or practice may look.

The question about bread is not related to the issue at hand. Sincerely, I should have replied you but it will really take my time.

2 Likes

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by btoks: 11:48pm On Jun 12, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Yes, everyone needs to go to the church that will guide him/her through the scriptures, and not through philosophies of men. Yet, the greatest guide is the Holy Spirit, and He cannot contradict the scriptures while doing His work.

If we do not study that which we have got in the bible, we surely will be easily deceived. I say agin that whatever one is taught in any church that contradicts what is written in the Scriptures should be thrown away, no matter how good and logical such teaching or practice may look.

The question about bread is not related to the issue at hand. Sincerely, I should have replied you but it will really take my time.
Yes the greatest guide is the Holy spirit who was given to the church otherwise every individual will think their interpretation of the scripture is the correct one.
I accept that my question on bread was not related, however, i was just trying to prove that you'll probably come up with a different interpretation from what majority of christianity teaches. so relating back to the issue of Mary being the mother of God or not - who do we believe? You or historical christianity?
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Barnabaseloka(m): 6:38am On Jun 13, 2015
btoks:
Yes the greatest guide is the Holy spirit who was given to the church otherwise every individual will think their interpretation of the scripture is the correct one.
I accept that my question on bread was not related, however, i was just trying to prove that you'll probably come up with a different interpretation from what majority of christianity teaches. so relating back to the issue of Mary being the mother of God or not - who do we believe? You or historical christianity?
Thanks for your understanding. But you should carefully read what I posted below about my 'conclusion' on this issue again and make your analysis. After reading it, you will know whom to believe. But, believe me or historical christianity if anyone of us do not contradict what the scriptures say in the bible you have with you. Study history for knowledge sake as I do, but when it comes to your belief in Christ, as regards how to live as a christian and the christian practices to engage in, then, subject such historical write-ups to the Scriptures.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? by Barnabaseloka(m): 6:47am On Jun 13, 2015
Barnabaseloka:
In conclusion:
Note: Jesus is the greatest of ALL THINGS, except God, and existed before ANYTHING was created.
1. If Mary is presently the mother of Jesus, then, joseph is still the father today. (Mt.2:13, Luke 2:49).
2. If Joseph is still the father today, then who is God to Jesus? (John 8:30, Col.1:3, 2 Corinth.1:3, 1 Pet.1:3).
3. If Joseph is not the father today, then, Mary is not the mother today.
4. If Joseph is at present not the father, then God might have replaced Joseph when Jesus ascended into heaven. Or God might have married Mary in the spiritual realm to give birth to Jesus, the Son.
5. This indirectly means that Jesus has two fathers- God and Joseph but only one mother- Mary presently.
6. If Mary is the queen of heaven, definitely, Joseph is the king of heaven, and Jesus is the prince of heaven. So what is the position of God in heaven?
But thanks be to God for the Scriptures are not contradictory or confusing. Jesus has ONLY one Father-God. Mary and Joseph WERE (but not presently) His parents on earth, before He began His ministry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Same-Sex Marriage: Catholic Teaching Doesn’t Change – Bishops / Church Members Of Lagos Pastor Held For Drug Trafficking Disappear / Informing Your Pastor Before Your Fiancee Is It Ok?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.