Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year (43261 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / FG Reduces Oil Imports As Production Begins In Warri, Kaduna Refineries / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by mrmetoo1: 8:33am On Jun 09, 2015
muzzafar:
Yes let youroba enjoy their oil wells let Biafra be now why are they trying to stop Biafra? Cant youruba leave Biafra and enjoy their oil alone? Why do they always want to fight us?

But I'm sorry who's stopping you?? I'm not sure what the obsession is with Yoruba?? Please what's the story here?? You guys live amongst the Yorubas than any other tribe yet all you do is attack Yorubas.

I've said it before, if you guys are really serious about leaving start moving back to the east with your assets, money, manpower, brainpower, etc then we'll know you're serious.

You guys can't be arriving in huge numbers to Lagos every single day and expect anyone to take this your Biafra talk as nothing more than empty rhetoric.

Instead of you saying Yorubas should let you go like they're chaining you down in Lagos or any part of the SW for that matter, I dare you Biafrans to come meet your tribesmen to convince them to start moving back to the east to build it.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 09, 2015
4stylz:

You just proved your foolishness, now everyone knows its oil you are iinterested in; let's watch and see how it plays out

Bro ignore them, They think we give a cheat about there selfish dream... God bless u , tru SON of d Niger-Delta

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:
The ultimate panacea to the perpetual restiveness in the Niger Delta remains the exploration of oil in other parts of the country, just as was said by Senator Bruce.

And with Dangote already positioning his refinery in Lagos, I see a world of much more positive economic news headlines coming from the state, especially as the major players in this episode wouldn't need to deal with all those security upheavals we see in the ND.

When production eventually begins in the North, Nigeria would come full circle in realising her aspirations as regards peace, security and progress.

God help us all.

God bless Nigeria
Proudly Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Candyrain(m): 9:49am On Jun 09, 2015
Rawani:

Pardon my abrasive mien, that brand of ignorance rubs me the wrong way...have a good one too.
No offense taken.
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by anonimi: 10:27am On Jun 09, 2015
Rawani:

Your issue seems clinical. Cheers.

Na you gangan get issues of clinical grin

Otherwise answer the question in my post wey you cancel to reflect your mental LAZINESS-

- would you know why your examples are universities in the UK and not Nigeria
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by anonimi: 10:31am On Jun 09, 2015
Rawani:

Was that more disrespectful than stating that ALL black people lack the capacity to effectively use their brains and are mentally lazy? Respect is earned, not ascribed. I'd advise you to not meddle in affairs you do not comprehend to avoid self-ridicule.

So na the word- ALL- na im pain you so?

Would you have preferred -MOST- as in 89%, 99% grin grin
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by StOla: 11:11am On Jun 09, 2015
4stylz:

I am happy so you can leave Niger delta oil alone; fool, you think it's just about the oil? It's because of foolish people like you they want out. Na by force? Take oil away, they still want out, you think oil started this tribal problem? ask historians they will tell you it started before Nigerians even knew what oil could do.

Good Nigerians are trying to make Nigeria a better place for everyone, you are talking trash on a good news

Your mistake is to think that I care whether any tribe remains in Nigeria or not.

My only concern is that whatever country I belong is being governed well by the concept of a true republic.

I'm sure the "our oyel" people who threaten violence as a hobby are not part of your "good Nigerians"

Go ask your militants whether their struggle isn't about oil and their mentality of self entitlement.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by StOla: 11:19am On Jun 09, 2015
EasternLeopard:

Now that you guys have oil, I hope you guys won't jitter when the word BIAFRA is raised

Ondo has had oil for long so nothing new.

Biafra can go to wherever they want to. I really have no love for rebels and traitors.

Get your country and stay there. Nigeria only fought you for South-South oil, hence their quick liberation from your rebel state, while you continued to fight a lost cause inside a country that had you surrounded.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by zendy: 11:31am On Jun 09, 2015
bukster:

That's not true. The SW and SS are the only geopolitical regions that generate more revenue than the allocations they receive. All other regions depend far more on allocations.

Who told you this? Take away Lagos and tell me what is left in the SW? The same Lagos collectively built by everyone? It is a good thing that Oil might soon be pumping out of the South-west. Hopefully, this will finally help the Yorubas leave Biafran agitators alone. Who knows? It might even help the Yoruba man get back a sense of self determination and sovereignty. Two vital human traits that the Yoruba man has long thrown away in the name of 'one Nigeria'.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 09, 2015
modath:
The secessionists will hate to hear this, this is not part of the plan, not at all.. the plan is to hoodwink the "oyel" people into going with them & leave the SW and the North in ruins and tatters..

That plan is gradually biting the dust. cheesy
And I hope you people will now let them secede now that you people claim to have oil.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by IGBOPRINCE: 11:56am On Jun 09, 2015
but lagos deserves to have oyel cos lagos is surrounded by waters and a kind of swampy area.
Anyway happy for them.happy for my country too.
We re blessed but not with good leaders.
However,with the emergence of buhari,I pray things will change.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Omololu007(m): 11:58am On Jun 09, 2015
zendy:

Who told you this? Take away Lagos and tell me what is left in the SW? The same Lagos collectively built by everyone? It is a good thing that Oil might soon be pumping out of the South-west. Hopefully, this will finally help the Yorubas leave Biafran agitators alone. Who knows? It might even help the Yoruba man get back a sense of self determination and sovereignty. Two vital human traits that the Yoruba man has long thrown away in the name of 'one Nigeria'.
pls i want u to xplain to me,ao d yorubas are stoppin ibos from havin dis biafra?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by masseratti: 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
modath:
The secessionists will hate to hear this, this is not part of the plan, not at all.. the plan is to hoodwink the "oyel" people into going with them & leave the SW and the North in ruins and tatters..

That plan is gradually biting the dust. cheesy
Oga no one will be in ruins,no one was in ruins before oil came.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by zendy: 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
mrmetoo1:

But I'm sorry who's stopping you?? I'm not sure what the obsession is with Yoruba?? Please what's the story here?? You guys live amongst the Yorubas than any other tribe yet all you do is attack Yorubas.

I've said it before, if you guys are really serious about leaving start moving back to the east with your assets, money, manpower, brainpower, etc then we'll know you're serious.

You guys can't be arriving in huge numbers to Lagos every single day and expect anyone to take this your Biafra talk as nothing more than empty rhetoric.

Instead of you saying Yorubas should let you go like they're chaining you down in Lagos or any part of the SW for that matter, I dare you Biafrans to come meet your tribesmen to convince them to start moving back to the east to build it.

This so called "Biafrans must leave Lagos and move back to the east to show they are serious" being chanted by Yoruba people is indeed funny. We will only move back when Biafra with well defined borders and an instituted Government is in place. No one can ask us to "move from Nigeria to Nigeria". When we are granted our country, then we talk about exodus. How can anyone ask someone to move without giving them where to move to? We will all eventually go back when we get our country and join hands to build it, but not before the country is actualised.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by demelza: 12:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Omololu007:
pls i want u to xplain to me,ao d yorubas are stoppin ibos from havin dis biafra?
That is what they keep telling themselves to explain the failure of Biafra materialization.
In a thousand years, the excuse will still be Yoruba holding them back.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by mrmetoo1: 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
zendy:

This so called "Biafrans must leave Lagos and move back to the east to show they are serious" being chanted by Yoruba people is indeed funny. We will only move back when Biafra with well defined borders and an instituted Government is in place. No one can ask us to "move from Nigeria to Nigeria". When we are granted our country, then we talk about exodus. How can anyone ask someone to move without giving them where to move to? We will all eventually go back when we get our country and join hands to build it, but not before the country is actualised.

Huh?? You don't have where to move to?? You don't have Biafra states again?? What happened to all the states in the east? Or are you saying you want to leave but they have to develop your state first before you leave because I don't understand.

Then no one is telling you to leave, you're saying you want to leave. All I'm saying is start leaving to show you're serious about your intentions/threat. I have wonderful igbo friends/neighbors/partners and I love that we are one Nigeria but I just didn't agree with the part the poster I quoted said Yorubas are not allowing them leave, that part I didn't get.

If your girlfriend keeps saying she'll leave and she's still balancing in your living room, using your cars, using your office, still sleeping in your house, would you take the threats serious? Until the day she cuts you off before you decide if you want to beg her to stay or just split amicably.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by zendy: 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Huh?? You don't have where to move to?? You don't have Biafra states again?? What happened to all the states in the east? Or are you saying you want to leave but they have to develop your state first before you leave because I don't understand.

Then no one is telling you to leave, you're saying you want to leave. All I'm saying is start leaving to show you're serious about your intentions/threat. I have wonderful igbo friends/neighbors/partners and I love that we are one Nigeria but I just didn't agree with the part the poster I quoted said Yorubas are not allowing them leave, that part I didn't get.

If your girlfriend keeps saying she'll leave and she's still balancing in your living room, using your cars, using your office, still sleeping in your house, would you take the threats serious? Until the day she cuts you off before you decide if you want to beg her to stay or just split amicably.

That's all nonsense. A Biafran Government must be in place first. Biafrans left in 1967 en mass back home,still they were not allowed their country. This time,the country must be in place first.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by superstar1(m): 12:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
Bad news to south beasterners.

From Ondo to Lagos. Please when is Ogun joining the league of Oyel producers too.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by shaqhead: 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
mrmetoo1:

This your simple truth na TKO...wc is d absolute truth...To Secede and to gain Independence are two differen things...let all who subscribe to "Biafra" go back and develop their states in preparation for Secession.

Funny enof u wl see som1 hustling in Maiduguri and has no intention of leavn even wt d conflict mouthing Biafra. Dem nevr serious!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by HiGod: 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
Rose2014:
Hopefully this will make my ewedu brothers to stop peeing in their pants when they hear 'secession'
Ewedu consumers depending on oil for their daily bread since 1914. With this type of news, I expect them to feel safe enough to support Biafra or at the very least 'resource control'

Either way #Godwin#

If Yorubas could have their way to push you out of Nigeria singlehandedly, we would have done that long since 80s.

I dare Igbos to pack their stuffs and leave

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by mrmetoo1: 3:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
zendy:

That's all nonsense. A Biafran Government must be in place first. Biafrans left in 1967 en mass back home,still they were not allowed their country. This time,the country must be in place first.

We're saying the same thing, go put all that I'm place first then seek independence. The ones clamoring for it are the ones that'll put it in place, not so??

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by synergycom19: 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
Good news
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by nasty45(m): 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
Scam.... I don't believe it
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by ifypedro38(m): 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
Borno state is also set to join European Union by the same time Lagos is trying to join Oil Village

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by donem: 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
all the oil wells and fields would strictly be under the custody of the owner of Lagos, Jagaban himself. grin
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Profkomolafe(m): 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
we' l be waiting undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Sobeautiful: 9:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
Joining when oil is no longer so esteemed. Sorry for that.
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
ifeness:
now turn Lagos into a mega city. So proud of my state,hope to visit there soon.

Ifeness my good friend, so you're from no-man's-land?

I kid, I kid! grin
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
nationwide1:
True federalism is what Nigeria needs. It will solve 75% of Nigeria's problem.

More states with oil will be discovered but Nigeria can't grow until we stop being a federation by principle but in practice.
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by meforyou1(m): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2015
No man's oil. We igbos will buy it in addition to lagos lands that we have acquired

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2015
Watching Baba glasses rise the money is coming home
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Rotimi47: 9:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rose2014:

This comment just proves how scared you've been about secession. Take away oil, your daily bread is gone cheesy
how can one be scared when oil is almost worthless internationally, even China have dumped Nigeria's oil! Lagos get over 20 billion Naira monthly from tax alone and you still base your argument on oil!! I pity people that graduated from higher institutions but they are still filled with ethnic sentiments.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why FG Exempted Dangote, BUA From Border Closure Policy / Video Of Illegal Gold Mining In Kano Emerges / Olumide Raheem Is Governor Ambode’s ADC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.