Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year (43292 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / FG Reduces Oil Imports As Production Begins In Warri, Kaduna Refineries / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
lastpage:

The Yorubas are actually the ones taking the meeky out of you! grin grin grin

They are laughing-off at the "romanticism" Ibos are showing you during the election Period because they want to lure you into their Biafra project for a second time.... but couch it like it will be a "secession of EQUAL PARTNERS" when in actual fact, all they are eyeing was the Oil you guys have! undecided undecided undecided

Did you ever wonder why Ojukwu, after seceding his Biafra, decided to attack .....and "conquer" as far as Benin and Oore?
Are those areas part of Biafra?

He needed the OIL.... and he needed SLAVE to work his barren, God-forsaken Red Soil.
wink wink wink

Its not rocket science.

THANKS to people like Awolowo and 'Scorpion benjamin Adekunle,... the story would have been different today.

Lastpage!
lol... can u please tell dem dat d full story, can u also pls tell dem dat after Ojukwu invaded d Midwest they set up a country a separate country for them...asin there own republic not headed by Biafrans of then but by Mid westerners...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by lastpage: 11:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
erico2k2:

Most fake products come via china.If I should think along that line you just brought up then it would be safe to say they have factories producing these sub standard product.At this stage I would like to drag your attention back to Taiwan, this is how they started including china, now look where they at now.I recon teh underlining factor here is cheap sub standard goods including fake ones should be sold at its real value just as they do i n china not con people into thinking its the real thing when its the c r a p stuff being sold.Most fake car parts come from china.Most fake bags and clothes,perfume and whole lods more come from china.

No Bro, Thisis NOT how they started.
Taiwan and China back then, where producing to the level of Technology that they have.
As Technology improved, they also improved to what we have today.

As for the Ibo, they go as far as the same China "TODAY" ...and PURPOSELY ASK THEM TO PRODUCE SUB-STANDARD AND FAKE PRODUCTS SOLELY FOR EXPORT TO NIGERIA, ..THEIR OWN COUNTRY, FOR THEIR OWN PEOPLE'S CONSUMPTION!

The motivating factor here is quick and illicit profit.
For example, a 12V 60AMP/H car battery that should have say 12Cells [/b]and cost say #10,000 on conversion.
Ibo man will go to China and ask the manufacturer to do one with [b]6Cells
and reduce other "critical inputs" for safe use such that the cost of production is LESS THAN HALF.

Ibo man brings it to Nigeria.... and passes it off as standard Battery and sells it for even #12,000.
He tells you: This one is original!

If you do and sell such product to Chinese people, you get beheaded, straight!

So, we need to distinguish between sub-standard due to low technology as in the China/Taiwan case..... which has greatly improved,..

And Sub-standard, fake or pirated by Ibos whose only motivation is GET RICH QUICK USING ILLICIT METHODS.
That is why their "factories and products" gets worse as time passes, instead of getting better as technology becomes more available

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by nwadiuko1(m): 11:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
superstar1:

You must be a learner.

I repeat, the total oil production of alaigbo is not up to Ondo's own. FACT.

Read up and get back to me with figures. Lmao.
alright I think we r done here
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by superstar1(m): 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
nwadiuko1:
alright I think we r done here

Better, thought you were detailed and cerebral enough to dispute it.

Would have reeled out figure for you to contend with.

Ciao.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by eduxerxes: 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
Na when dem don suck that "Oyel" finish within one year na him dem go know say our Oyel here for SE and SS na "Eriwa agwu agwu" grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
U see d yorubas and der greed when Ojukwu went to Ghana they made an agreement for Nigeria run a confederation, whereby the 4 regions of east,west,north and mid west wud run a govt and pay tax to the Centre, but the yorubas out of der greed and enviness kept envying what is not he's out of his short sightedness thinking that if they do it they won't enjoy the money coming from the oil revenues made everything sure with there Allies that Aburi accord was never implemented, now u ppl have what u now have the thing I ppl have been killing other ppl. Greedy ppl.
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by sigiyaya(m): 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mugu watin carry BIAFRA enter this mata!!
Saurab:
I thought that man on radio Biafra said there is no oil in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by erico2k2(m): 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
lastpage:

Taiwan and China back then, where producing to the level of Technology that they have.

As for the Ibo, they go as far as the same China "TODAY" ...and PURPOSELY ASK THEM TO PRODUCE SUB-STANDARD AND FAKE PRODUCTS SOLELY FOR EXPORT TO NIGERIA, ..THEIR OWN COUNTRY, FOR THEIR OWN PEOPLE'S CONSUMPTION!

For example, a 12V 60AMP/H car battery that should have say 12Cells [/b]and cost say #10,000 on conversion.
and reduce other "critical inputs" for safe use such that the cost of production is LESS THAN HALF.

Ibo man brings it to Nigeria.... and passes it off as standard Battery and sells it for even #12,000.

So, we need to distinguish between sub-standard due to low technology as in the China/Taiwan case..... which has greatly improved,..

And Sub-standard, fake or pirated by Ibos whose only motivation is GET RICH QUICK USING ILLICIT METHODS.
That is why their "factories and products" gets worse as time passes, instead of getting better as technology becomes more available

Lastpage!
Yes I agree with you on the greed part, thats the diffrence.But greed is not limited to just one tribe,if and Igbo Man imports fake car battery in 20 ft container, yoruba man buys 100 PCs of it to sell in his shop, they are bot greedy grin grin this is how Nigeria work today, its left for consumers to know what they want.to be honest its worse in Europe, there are more fakes here than Nigeria, the Uk for example has high value fake goods from phones to car parts.If you ever watch a program called fake Britain on BBC you will be shocked
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by mekonglobal(m): 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
When i look at d collaboration b/w phyno and olamide, don jazzy and d banj before now, and i begin 2 wonder d kind of igbos and yorubas dat exists here on nairaland......i'm tempted 2 tag u guys dat engages in a tribal e wars loafers!
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
Yorubas have it all

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
lastpage:

Lastpage!
d igbo's go to China and purposely ask them to produce fake products, and bring it to Nigeria and d Nigerian ports wud see the goods discover it's fake and tell d Igbo man take go and do business...lol
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
lygn19:
lol... can u please tell dem dat d full story, can u also pls tell dem dat after Ojukwu invaded d Midwest they set up a country a separate country for them...asin there own republic not headed by Biafrans of then but by Mid westerners...

Keep quiet the MIDWEST was annexed by Ojukwu with an igbo man had president"Albert Okonkwo"

Which is what I like telling people
BIAFRA was not about liberating Igbos
It was about annexing other land

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
erico2k2:

Yes I agree with you on the greed part, thats the diffrence.But greed is not limited to just one tribe,if and Igbo Man imports fake car battery in 20 ft container, yoruba man buys 100 PCs of it to sell in his shop, they are bot greedy grin grin this is how Nigeria work today, its left for consumers to know what they want.to be honest its worse in Europe, there are more fakes here than Nigeria, the Uk for example has high value fake goods from phones to car parts.If you ever watch a program called fake Britain on BBC you will be shocked
u reason reasonably... Thank God u know der nature. if it's a Yoruba man dat does it they wud say it's out of poverty but if an igbo man does it they wud say it's greed.
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by erico2k2(m): 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
lygn19:
d igbo's go to China and purposely ask them to produce fake products, and bring it to Nigeria and d Nigerian ports wud see the goods discover it's fake and tell d Igbo man take go and do business...lol
ahah thats a nice one there, I get the answer grin grin grin THE YORUBA MAN AT THE PORT grin grin grin so na paddy paddy be dat nah
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by lastpage: 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
erico2k2:

Guy check history very well, the Oil well you are talking about then was[b] limited to the modern day bayelsa state, which was in the Old Eastern region, that was Ojukwu domain[/b] did you forget that bit?I my mums town Sapele.The NG army where looking for all the igbos in sapele and where all arrested and we know what happened to them.The issue of Benin was them trying to seek support not capture,if they gained support from these places I believe the outcome will be diffrent but who knows

Sorry Bros, where is "Oloibiri" located? Was it in Ibo land?
That was the only place where the Oil was, back then.

Are you also aware that Biafra was not looking for support in Benin kingdom?

[b]They killed so many in Benin town, burnt the place down and LOOTED the CBN in Benin, stealing all the cash there!.
That is not how to get "support".... or when did "support" become BY FORCE, HOOK or CROOK?

That Robbery was one of the reason that Awolowo decided to change the currency overnight.... and limited their "war reparation" to "20 Nigerian Pounds" only.[/b ]

Robbery is not supposed to be part of carving your own country now?
A country formed on Robbery will certainly produce Robbers in abundance..... still counting! wink wink grin grin

Lastpage!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by meccuno: 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
When I hear some peeps call them selves sophisticated,and I read their comments with their high level of ignorance,I wonder where and how the sophistication came about.......I won't assume that many of them are kids but I believe they should be above 25........when one dude says that the ondo state has more oil than the whole south east,I shudder.......am not surprised though....Nigerians believed þhat they where they giants of africa until they went to south africa.....no need explaning stuffs to them.....its best they still wallow in their sophisticated ignorance......it won't do any harm if they travel out of the SW.....lagos isn't Nigeria......as they say...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rose2014:
Hopefully this will make my ewedu brothers to stop peeing in their pants when they hear 'secession'
Ewedu consumers depending on oil for their daily bread since 1914. With this type of news, I expect them to feel safe enough to support Biafra or at the very least 'resource control'

Either way #Godwin#

Our human eating brothers yorubas don't depend on oil rather hard work of yorubas

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
Johntobi56:

Keep quiet the MIDWEST was annexed by Ojukwu with an igbo man had president"Albert Okonkwo"

Which is what I like telling people
BIAFRA was not about liberating Igbos
It was about annexing other land
so der are no igbos in d mid west...
Y dont u say Dennis Osadebay was appointed by Azikiwe from Biafra to come and dominate Midwest ppl grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by lastpage: 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
eduxerxes:
Na when dem don suck that "Oyel" finish within one year na him dem go know say our Oyel here for[b] SE and SS [/b]na "Eriwa agwu agwu" grin
Stop doing "East and South East" together in one sentence....... or did you not hear the man saying "We are not Ibos"? angry angry

Do your "East" .... and let the S/S people do their thing separately! grin grin

"Attachee" nor be by force now?

Lastpage!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by erico2k2(m): 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
Me I wan go sleep as its my Bed time and I get work tomorrow morning, any body wey I call names here nah Joke I dey Ohhhh dont take me serious I was only having a laugh please so take my words with a pinch of salt,Me I don throw stone, anybody wey the stone reach na him kno grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
bukster:

That's not true. The SW and SS are the only geopolitical regions that generate more revenue than the allocations they receive. All other regions depend far more on allocations.

Thank you SE is a barren region
SS controls oil
SW controls economy
SE controls poor sand

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by erico2k2(m): 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
lastpage:

Stop doing "East and South East" together in one sentence....... or did you not hear the man saying "We are not Ibos"? angry angry

Do your "East" .... and let the S/S people do their thing separately! grin grin

"Attachee" nor be by force now?

Lastpage!
E don tay we dey tell them SS has nothing with SE arghhhhhh

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rose2014:

When u talk about SW you mean Lagos right?
All tribes in Nigeria contribute to Lagos revenue. Yoruba contribution may be insignificant sef

Well except if 'owoda' and 'Agbero' are put into consideration

Illiterate Lagos, OGUN, Oyo and Ondo are the ruchest States only Lagos has other trubes in it

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
bukster:

No I mean SW. Oyo and Ogun also contribute significantly to SW GDP. Their GDP is higher than most SE states
Nd Ondo it actually contributes more

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by erico2k2(m): 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
Johntobi56:

Thank you SE is a barren region
SS controls oil
SW controls economy
SE controls poor sand
Chie, SE un dey OYO here oh make una deffend una sef ohh me I don log off ,Guy you badt ni grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by stpat1(m): 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
dayo23:
Ondo state and now Lagos....I luv my tribe, beside this will further boast the Economy of the south west.
cheesy grin wink tongue
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
lastpage:

Sorry Bros, where is "Oloibiri" located? Was it in Ibo land?
That was the only place where the Oil was, back then.

Are you also aware that Biafra was not looking for support in Benin kingdom?

[b]They killed so many in Benin town, burnt the place down and LOOTED the CBN in Benin, stealing all the cash there!.
That is not how to get "support".... or when did "support" become BY FORCE, HOOK or CROOK?

That Robbery was one of the reason that Awolowo decided to change the currency overnight.... and limited their "war reparation" to "20 Nigerian Pounds" only.[/b ]

Robbery is not supposed to be part of carving your own country now?
A country formed on Robbery will certainly produce Robbers in abundance..... still counting! wink wink grin grin

Lastpage!
lol... keep lieing.
Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 11:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rose2014:

There is also high presence of other tribes in Nigeria in Ibadan for example. I'm talking of average Yoruba man contribution to Nigeria GDP growth

Average yoruba man contributes more to Nigeria than igbo
Selling is not the only way to contribute

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
Johntobi56:

Illiterate Lagos, OGUN, Oyo and Ondo are the ruchest States only Lagos has other trubes in it
yes we know they re very ruch... thank God Akwa ibom can never be as ruch as dem... der ruch days are over.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by Johntobi56: 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
oluks05:

Pls stop speaking ignorantly cocoa is the largest non oil foreign exchange earner for this country and yes it is mainly contributed by the "average Yoruba man" many of whom are even in the rural areas

nigerianobservernews.com/09042014/09042014/features/features1.html#.VXZqFutw2gg

cancocoa.org/president-speech.html

www.post-nigeria.com/nigeria-hits-cocoa-export-high-of-n131bn/

i
Igbos like creating imaginary sense of importance
Yorubas contribute more to Nigeria it's not just about importing tiles & spare parts
Yorubas dominate all sectors

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year by mainman7(m): 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
This is good News!!!
Unlike the treacherous myopically shallow-minded senseless fart-filled cranium dunces called igbos, even without Oil, we were the first to start free education, built the first ever skyscraper in Nigeria (Coaco House still standing today), start the first TV Station in Africa (NTA Ibadan), etc... And even now, Yorubas daily and cosistently achieve more giant strides.

Check this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2370724/sayo-oladeji-wins-n1m-programming/1
I still wonder why Yorubas don't celebrate their Great Minds with passionate farvor and Love. Despite the fact that igbos are less than half as intelligent as the Yorubas, if this guy na igbo, the shout of igbo kwenu would have been all over this thread.

Sincerely,I'm so proud to be Yoruba, we exude outstanding intelligence everywhere all over the Globe.

Shayo, I celebrate You!!! Everly, Yorubas are deep-thinking pathfinders and unparallelled pace-setters.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass / Sarah Luka 2nd Chibokgirl Rescued / Abdulrasheed Bawa: I Cannot Expose Boko Haram Financiers - EFCC Boss (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.