Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1077508 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
Crich:

Hmmm!!!
1) Lecturers are no longer serious. They dont impact knowledge. They dont even have the knowledge to impact. Students dont put efforts into personal studying.
2) Students say no be who read know book, na who pass. So, they try to work their way up from their 'pass' brain to 3rd class or 2.2
3) Lecturers say 1 n 2.1 belong to them, so they ensure students dont get good grades. Wetin person no go see for Naija.
4) Students say 2.2 is okay. So they intentionally work towards it
5) The atmosphere isn't conducive. This is the reason we do better when we school in other countries
6) The list is endless
My elder bro contested one of his results and the lecturer made sure he ended up without a 1st class but a 2.1.
My kid bro had a 1st class but not without a big fight.
I'm sure ur observation has always been, not new. Although it's not the fault of some that they came out 2.2 n below

Thank you so much for the analysis. About Nigerians doing well abroad hmm not all oh some still dey switch from engineering to business and graduate with bsc linguistics lol. It is well sha. Thanks Crich

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
I have some experience too...That will be long tin if I say.
I know what I'm saying....
I give my first class colleagues work to do....and I graduated with a 2.2

A close fam finished in d UK for masters over a year now and still has notin doing in this country..

My close friend ws d best grad stdnt in my sch wen I graduated....now I'm sure the money given to him has finished..

Please my sister...By mistake...just be the best graduating student in ottawa or alberta....and c
Crich:

I dont completely agree. What applied in his days still apply now.
If u have good grades esp a 1st class, n actually know your onion, d sky is ur limit. I speak from my family's experience. I still know kids who finished say 2/3yrs ago with good grades n work in very good places without any 'influence'.
This mentality of no motivation is what students already have before they even get into school. Very wrong mentality. I would have shared some experiences on this forum but it would be a very long story. Kids should always strive to be tops regardless of the 'no motivation' factor, and see where it gets them.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Gods1son: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
Seriously, I support mevisbleek, a lot of we (Nigerians) are actually lazy nd very few are determined for the top without shortcuts. Probably, the corrupted state of the nation has pierced into everyone's heart and people think, they can always have a way round things. But DETERMINATION is stronger than any FORCE... my 2 per cent

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 4:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
I have some experience too...That will be long tin if I say.
I know what I'm saying....
I give my first class colleagues work to do....and I graduated with a 2.2

A close fam finished in d UK for masters over a year now and still has notin doing in this country..

My close friend ws d best grad stdnt in my sch wen I graduated....now I'm sure the money given to him has finished..

Please my sister...By mistake...just be the best graduating student in ottawa or alberta....and c

My brother, all the first class kids from my graduating class are all kicking it in naija oh. Well, I know say Nigeria hard sha. The last girl I even know just finished her MBA from John Hopkins University and is now working at IBM in the dreaded Nigeria lol. It is well. I'm so sorry for deviating from the main purpose of this forum.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
My sister which year you graduate...

When u say kciking it...hope u don't mean a 150k per month job....

All in all...I'm not generalising but when it comes to statistics...you'll have more people finding it hard even after a very good grade...whicch in summary kills the motivation required to graduate with a good grade.

mevisbleek:

My brother, all the first class kids from my graduating class are all kicking it in naija oh. Well, I know say Nigeria hard sha. The last girl I even know just finished her MBA from John Hopkins University and is now working at IBM in the dreaded Nigeria lol. It is well. I'm so sorry for deviating from the main purpose of this forum.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
My sister which year you graduate...

When u say kciking it...hope u don't mean a 150k per month job....

All in all...I'm not generalising but when it comes to statistics...you'll have more people finding it hard even after a very good grade...whicch in summary kills the motivation required to graduate with a good grade.

For sure it's well over 300k na. When u come to Canada, how much do u even think u can make as a fresh graduate? U go surprise say the exalted canada go give u $2500 abi 3k after tax = 400 abi 450k. Well brother forget been focused in school pays whether lecturer kill ur morale or not. My own lecturer demoralize me as well na.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
Gods1son:

@kennykentipsy... Did u get a call for further test, that means something went wrong somewhere with ur medicals o

no not me ooo the lady i quoted said she did her medicals and she hasn't heard anything from cic she even called the clinic to know if results had been sent so I was asking if she got call asking for further test from the clinic.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by morgan2006(m): 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ugochux(m): 5:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
@berexio1
How many times have you checked ur mail box today?lol Its gradually approaching 8 wks oo.... Heheheh...its well o!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ivylane: 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
kennykentipsy:

which clinic did you do your test ?
did the clinic call u back for further test ?

Did upfront at Q-life
No they didn't call me back
I called them to make sure they have uploaded my file as cic has been reviewing it for 3weeks now. I want to be sure it's there for review (and not that VO is waiting for the file from the clinic) cos this online application platform can get tricky sometimes with their updates and the meaning.
Anyways didn't get much help from them except the standard "all reports have been uploaded only one pending is the one we conducted yesterday" the lady didn't even flinch had to ask her if she was saying it off her head or if she even checked her system cos she refused to even take my REF NO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by richcasey: 5:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
VO we dey wait ooo

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
Ugochux:
@berexio1

How many times have you checked ur mail box today?lol
Its gradually approaching 8 wks oo....
Heheheh...its well o!!
My chairman, e be like say u dey here as I dey refresh the box n I even turn the box inside out still yet no mail....today makes it 7 weeks. Make I dey arrange mail wey I go send them as suggested by sb here.

Personally, I think the online route might be experiencing some itches from the complaints of peeps here regarding the website errorrs and complains about some peeps medicals not updated yet..

Hopefully they should respond to these immediately and dish out TRVS quickly.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
funmi14:
Thanks for this info/links.
Please HOUSE, I want to apply for my friend. Kindly advise on appropriate options, they are novice as far as Canada study application is concern.
Applicant1: Studied Bsc. PHYSIOLOGY 2:2 Grade.. Gradauated 2010(work-managing somewhere till now)
Applicant 2: Studied Bsc. Health Education..2:2 Grade..
Is it possible for them to get MSc Program ? or they should opt for Post Grad. Diploma.
Any suggestion on courses of relativity will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

No offence intended, but I find it a bit odd when "graduates" say they need help in finding a post graduate program. Whether it is a school across the Atlantic, or one beyond the Pacific, the process remains the same. Google schools, check their requirements, narrow down choices, then apply. Its understandable if one needs info on the pros and cons of particular schools with regards to particular courses or tuition or living expenses dynamics, but this kind of blanket request leaves a little to be desired.

#FloodGatesOpen

11 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ugochux(m): 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2015
@berexio
Its well ooo... Let's remain optimistic..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 6:03pm On Jun 26, 2015
mood swing..... a friend of mine we applied and submitted same day we got medical mail same day last week....now he called me now to tell me his father just died ....sooo sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by moshood1993(m): 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
kennykentipsy:
mood swing..... a friend of mine we applied and submitted same day we got medical mail same day last week....now he called me now to tell me his father just died ....sooo sad
RIP ........may Almighty Allah grant him eternal peace and take care of the family*amin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
sinie:
good day all.
I want apply to do my masters in Canada against the January admissions. the plan was to go with my husband and 1 year old daughter, however I just found out I am pregnant again and am confused. After much deliberation my hubby and I decided to go on with the travel plans but I need advice from you guys;
1. will I still be given Visa to travel despite my condition, from my calculation I will be due February or march and I intend to start the program Jan
2. will it be better for me to apply to go and give birth in Canada and from there change my Visa to study Visa after the delivery ( I know its possible in the USA but not sure if it is in Canada)
personally I will prefer to go ahead with my study visa application not hiding the fact am pregnant. please I need urgent advice on how to go about this as I am running out of time.

thanks my good people

My question is...will you be able to combine academics with baby-care? I guess that the beginning part of a program is the most intensive part so if your program is to start in January and you are due to delivering February, how do you plan to cope?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
richcasey:
VO we dey wait ooo

LMAO....this is absolutely hilarious!

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
kennykentipsy:

Chei!

My Condolences. cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by mevisbleek: 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

My question is...will you be able to combine academics with baby-care? I guess that the beginning part of a program is the most intensive part so if your program is to start in January and you are due to delivering February, how do you plan to cope?

Sorry arise say I tag u
@ sirie, sorry if I spelt it wrong. Your case it convoluted as well as interesting
1) been pregnant should not affect ur visa app
2) you can give birth in canada that should not be a problem

The thing is that masters abi schooling in canada is pretty tough oh. To takecare of kid, give birth and go to school at the same time would be extremely tough but doable. My advise would be to come with enough money, I mean good money to pay for part time helper or day care when needed. Please, with ur profile don't think of working in canny for now cos Ur hands are full. Go girl, you are a super mum you can do it.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Giov: 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hello, Pleas I jst wantd to ask if its possible to apply to for two or mor programs in a particular school with just one application fee payment?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ElCapt: 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
sinie:
good day all.
I want apply to do my masters in Canada against the January admissions. the plan was to go with my husband and 1 year old daughter, however I just found out I am pregnant again and am confused. After much deliberation my hubby and I decided to go on with the travel plans but I need advice from you guys;
1. will I still be given Visa to travel despite my condition, from my calculation I will be due February or march and I intend to start the program Jan
2. will it be better for me to apply to go and give birth in Canada and from there change my Visa to study Visa after the delivery ( I know its possible in the USA but not sure if it is in Canada)
personally I will prefer to go ahead with my study visa application not hiding the fact am pregnant. please I need urgent advice on how to go about this as I am running out of time.

thanks my good people

Hey.

Congrats!

The timing of your delivery and program start date isn't going to work well, not to even talk of the season.

I'd advice you wait ma and apply as against fall 2016 or beyond.

But you can do it if you want to. I have heard of people who did although only few months into pregnancy before travelling.

Is your husband going for a certain program too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
berexio1:
My chairman, e be like say u dey here as I dey refresh the box n I even turn the box inside out still yet no mail....today makes it 7 weeks. Make I dey arrange mail wey I go send them as suggested by sb here.

Personally, I think the online route might be experiencing some itches from the complaints of peeps here regarding the website errorrs and complains about some peeps medicals not updated yet..

Hopefully they should respond to these immediately and dish out TRVS quickly.

Soon Bro, whenever the online app has these 'hitches' usually I think they are updating people's application. So you have something to hold unto-Next week most likely.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
Ivylane:

Not yet oh! Still being reviewed undecided even called the clinic today to confirm they have sent the report.

Waiting patiently and praying seriously!!!
Thanks for asking.

You are welcome, Sister.

The fact that we are headed for the Same School, you are a Thread member and all that means I have special interest in your app.

I wish you the perfect grace of God
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ada4all: 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
richcasey:
VO we dey wait ooo

ha ha! So funny. Like seriously.... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
darefestus:

You are welcome, Sister.

The fact that we are headed for the Same School, you are a Thread member and all that means I have special interest in your app.

I wish you the perfect grace of God

Hmm...Mr Darefestus, you need to clarify what exactly that "Special Interest" implies o!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
As in ehnn!...same school things!...

Baba clarify!
AriseOCompatrot:

Hmm...Mr Darefestus, you need to clarify what exactly that "Special Interest" implies o!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

ghen ghen! *grabs stool* Darefestus u were saying...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Giov: 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
Giov:
Hello, Pleas I jst wantd to ask if its possible to apply to for two or mor programs in a particular school with just one application fee payment?

No one wants to respond to my question ehn? Isorrait!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
Giov:

It's simple.....

Mail the particular school to comfirm!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by sinie: 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
ElCapt:

Hey.

Congrats!

The timing of your delivery and program start date isn't going to work well, not to even talk of the season.

But you can do it if you want to. I have heard of people who did although only few months into pregnancy before travelling.

thanks smiley
ElCapt:

Hey.

Congrats!

thanks
my husband is not going for a program, he just wanted to accompany me to help with our daughter. he feels that since he's already going he can also take care of the baby too while i school. am the bookish type and he's really encouraging me to further and is willing to do everything to lessen the stress on me. he works in a bank but has always wanted to quit his bank job and start a buisness; he feels now is the time to go and when we come back we can start the busness. my fear now is getting a Visa for us all in my condition, and postponing it will just make me loose interest in the whole thing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ugochux(m): 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
Giov:

Somehow, Its not possible...

But 'some' schools do ask for 'second choice' shaa..

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.