Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume (48545 Views)

Names Of Senators Who Signed Ndume Out Of Senate Leadership / FIRS Seals Senator Akume’s Hotel Over N13.5 Million In Unpaid Taxes / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Popemax(m): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
barcanista:
The only option left for George Akume and his G51 is to go to court! I assure them that Senator Saraki and the G57 will triumph.

Sai PDP
nice
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by anumide(f): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
deebsman1:
good 1, 6th FTC today, serious cruise control
from the bottom of my heart, I pray for you that God will grant you the job/career of your dream. Amen.

1 Like

Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by anumide(f): 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
Barcanista be like"he who laughs last.............."
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by tomzman: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
APC just committed a disastrous blunder today. How on earth will you call a meeting the same day of an inauguration, who does that! They should even be thankful Saraki and others attended the inauguration. Otherwise PDP would have elected Mark as Senate president and no court will nullify the election. APC fall my hand for this one aswear!
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Dmano: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
Some say what is Mark doing in dat position as a leader & i say change d only thing dat is constant

2 Likes

Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by mustang44: 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
What is Akume saying? This is not Benue state oh! Saraki, carry go abeg!

1 Like

Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by nortcentrallord(m): 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
luvmijeje:
Indeed, It's pure sham...... It's unacceptable. Imagine deputy Senate President and majority Senate leader coming out from PDP. What an insult!

grin grin cheesy e dey pain you?
This is democracy. We need a balance of power for checks and balance. Besides, this is a change government so ut shouldn't be like the past grin
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by GoodJ: 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
If person dance pass you, just take am like that and go and prepare better. GBAM!!!
monsterrock:
THERE WERE NO ELECTIONS FOR THE SENATE LEADERSHIP – Senator Dr. AKUME

The Senator Dr George Akume has responded to the elections conducted by the PDP faction of the members of the National assembly which “elected” Senator Bukola Saraki as the Senate President and Senator Ike Ekweremadu as Deputy Senate President.

Responding in a press conference held at his residence earlier today, about the outcome of the elections at the Senate, Senator Dr. George Akume alleged that what happened at the Senate today smacks of due process and also stressed that he had nothing against all those involved in the sham elections.

He said “People think they can use money to subvert democracy, but all that is rubbish and at the appropriate time we will speak.”

Senator Akume made reference to the straw polls conducted by the APC for its candidates as the APC lawmakers were at the ICC for a meeting called by the President when the sham elections went on.

He urged his supporters not to be angry or worry about the sham elections, but worry for those who have subverted democracy and in due time, justice will be served.

Senator Dr George Akume also reinstated that the sham will be pursued to the latter till the right thing is done.

Senator George Akume’s
Media Office

source Official FB page : https://www.facebook.com/senakumegeorge?fref=ts

Cc Lalasticlala Ikenna351 OAM4J Afam4eva
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by luvmijeje(f): 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
nortcentrallord:

grin grin cheesy e dey pain you?
This is democracy. We need a balance of power for checks and balance. Besides, this is a change government so ut shouldn't be like the past grin

Make I no lie, e pain me enter body. You win some, you lose some.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by CORRECTMAN78(m): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Is it a taboo for APC candidate to concede defeat? Their life is a win-win thing or cause chaos(yes, even when contesting among themselves). Well, I stil thank God that GEJ is not an APC...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by spencekat(m): 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
Cry Cry
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by finemind(m): 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
LexzyLex:
lol.. who is he? it
who left your cage door open?
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by ifyalways(f): 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
cheesy
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Kzealz(m): 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
wat if APC used PDP to achieve their aim? everything in Nigeria is possible
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by deebsman1(m): 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
do u have 1? grin
anumide:

from the bottom of my heart, I pray for you that God will grant you the job/career of your dream. Amen.
by the grace of God am at 1, waiting to close for the day 6 o'clock, yeye. Iranu Oshi

1 Like

Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by SpencerLewis(m): 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2015
AnneMomoh:

dot?
Simply very beautiful my Edo woman
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by deebsman1(m): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
lol, people like u, when they see fact, they prefer turning dumb brain to it, is my profile pix not a fact, check ur bible and the quran and come back here to tell me otherwise, iranu
247notire:
Young man, u still have a long way to go. Ur profile pic says evrytin abt u. U shud go n join ur brothers in jihad in Syria dnt u think so?
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Oiselenjakhian(m): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hello Everyone. My company Dreamquest Multimedia has just released a commemorative game on the recent victory by the APC.

You can download it for free on the Google Play store here -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Dreamquest+Multimedia&hl=en

Please contact me if you need web development, interactive media and game development services. My number is +2349032291323.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by deebsman1(m): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
i grow pass u
frankyychiji:
Then grow up! undecided
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by luvmijeje(f): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
Defcon1:

What sham?
I am a neutral here, but I don't see any sham in all this.
This is a perfectly planned and well executed political maneuver.
There is nothing anybody can do to reverse things

All the constitutional and legal requirements were met, especially, the presidential proclamation and the needed quorum.

They were definitely fooled, but no law was broken.
It's just smart politics!

As much as I hate PDP I'll have to agree with you. PDP and Saraki were under estimated but na starting PDP get.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by ikkkkk: 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mr akume, I watched it live on NTA and its a free and fair one.
Pls keep quiet o.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by lanresord: 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
mr akume go and drink your ogogoro and sleep
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by VanOmiyale: 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
Simple lesson of life: Beware of people who talk to you about others for they will surely talk to others about you.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by ikkkkk: 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
Anytime they lose an election, instead of accepting defeat, they will allege rigging.

So sick.

2 Likes

Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Beface(m): 5:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
When is the appropriate time for God sake? How on earth will APC be so blind not to have seen it coming.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by MacluvPH(m): 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lol, u re very funny indeed!!
AnneMomoh:

Knife?
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by blazer90707: 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
BlackHuman:
But, sha I think Saraki took his desperation a tad too far. A P.D.P deputy?- dat's not cool at all. I would never go dat far if I were a politician.....You know sometimes I miss that little, lovely allbeit little ACN. This APC's like a Market; everyone's in it for their own personal agenda.....(Hey, P.D.P's still worse)... Oneday sha, we'll hav a real people-Oriented parties in dis country.
Same here.i also miss ACN.nt dis PDP in APC's clothing
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by kinguwem: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
They were supposed to be in the senate but they decided to wait for PMB in the ICC. Where there wise?
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by preetyb(f): 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
Sir accept whatever you have seen today as fate.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by timsucces(m): 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lols i cant stop laughing @ds one chance party(APC) Your stay in power is shortlived. You decieved Nigerians while hiding under one chance CHANGE. Expect more suprises as things unfold. Nigerians must right this wrong My happiest day though since March 28
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by chaxking(m): 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
Look at dis thief talking wen he was governor of benue state, he did nothing for the people. Justices will start from you
monsterrock:
THERE WERE NO ELECTIONS FOR THE SENATE LEADERSHIP – Senator Dr. AKUME

The Senator Dr George Akume has responded to the elections conducted by the PDP faction of the members of the National assembly which “elected” Senator Bukola Saraki as the Senate President and Senator Ike Ekweremadu as Deputy Senate President.

Responding in a press conference held at his residence earlier today, about the outcome of the elections at the Senate, Senator Dr. George Akume alleged that what happened at the Senate today smacks of due process and also stressed that he had nothing against all those involved in the sham elections.

He said “People think they can use money to subvert democracy, but all that is rubbish and at the appropriate time we will speak.”

Senator Akume made reference to the straw polls conducted by the APC for its candidates as the APC lawmakers were at the ICC for a meeting called by the President when the sham elections went on.

He urged his supporters not to be angry or worry about the sham elections, but worry for those who have subverted democracy and in due time, justice will be served.

Senator Dr George Akume also reinstated that the sham will be pursued to the latter till the right thing is done.

Senator George Akume’s
Media Office

source Official FB page : https://www.facebook.com/senakumegeorge?fref=ts

Cc Lalasticlala Ikenna351 OAM4J Afam4eva
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Defcon1(m): 6:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
luvmijeje:

As much as I hate PDP I'll have to agree with you. PDP and Saraki were under estimated but na starting PDP get.
A house divided against itself will not stand.
APC need to get their act together.
Internal conflict of interests will undo them if they are not very careful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Teni Kashamu's Outfit Goes Viral With Claims She Outshined Bride (Pics) / Buhari Goes On 10Day Vacation To London To Rest, Get Treatment For Ear Infection / Young Boko Haram Member Captured Demonstrates How He Was Taught To Handle Guns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.