Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume (48549 Views)

Names Of Senators Who Signed Ndume Out Of Senate Leadership / FIRS Seals Senator Akume’s Hotel Over N13.5 Million In Unpaid Taxes / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by luvmijeje(f): 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Defcon1:

A house divided against itself will not stand.
APC need to get their act together.
Internal conflict of interests will undo them if they are not very careful.

This is the more reason this issue must not be overlook. If Saraki goes away with it, the party will have set the wrong precedent. APC must not take this rubbish lying down.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by akocce(m): 7:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
What hell is this drunk saying? He should go get a beer... Hehehe! That's what he does best!
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by ChrisArs: 7:36pm On Jun 09, 2015
Na u go tire Ooooo
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Gondonu: 7:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
luvmijeje:
Indeed, It's pure sham...... It's unacceptable. Imagine deputy Senate President and majority Senate leader coming out from PDP. What an insult!
:oUna never chi something.PDP there is God ooo!
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Gondonu: 7:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
luvmijeje:

This is the more reason this issue must not be overlook. If Saraki goes away with it, the party will have set the wrong precedent. APC must not take this rubbish lying down.
Where were you when Tambuwal played his own card against the PDP? Now it's' payback time.So do cry us a river.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by lukas280(m): 8:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
pity DAT man sha,,,,, y crying like a baby, face reality this is PDP game not tinubu game
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Defcon1(m): 8:23pm On Jun 09, 2015
luvmijeje:

Well, at this stage l don't think there is anything they can do about all this.It's too late.
They had all the time in the world to settle their differences and avoid this.

The way forward now is to accept things the way they are, and then try to mend all the other rifts within the party, to avoid similar or even worse scenarios in future.

Dragging on with this will only create more divisions and infighting, and the only people that will benefit from the disunity is PDP.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by luvmijeje(f): 8:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
Defcon1:

Well, at this stage l don't think there is anything they can do about all this.It's too late.
They had all the time in the world to settle their differences and avoid this.

The way forward now is to accept things the way they are, and then try to mend all the other rifts within the party, to avoid similar or even worse scenarios in future.

Dragging on with this will only create more divisions and infighting, and the only people that will benefit from the disunity is PDP.

I beg to disagree, if APC don't drag this issue then any one can decide to go against the party knowing nothing will come out of it.

Right now APC as a majority don't have a say in the upper chamber . And you expect them not to do anything knowing any failure hence forth is APC's failure.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by luvmijeje(f): 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
Gondonu:
Where were you when Tambuwal played his own card against the PDP? Now it's' payback time.So do cry us a river.

That's PDP.... . one of the reason they were voted them out.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Defcon1(m): 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
luvmijeje:

I beg to disagree, if APC don't drag this issue then any one can decide to go against the party knowing nothing will come out of it.

Right now APC as a majority don't have a say in the upper chamber . And you expect them not to do anything knowing any failure hence forth is APC's failure.

So what are they gonna do about it??
Pray tell.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by luvmijeje(f): 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2015
Defcon1:

So what are they gonna do about it??
Pray tell.

Chillax...... Watch out is the name of this political game.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Defcon1(m): 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
luvmijeje:

Chillax...... Watch out is the name of this political game.

No l want you to tell me what you think would be a good response from the APC to what transpired today.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by luvmijeje(f): 5:23am On Jun 10, 2015
Defcon1:

No l want you to tell me what you think would be a good response from the APC to what transpired today.

Personally, if I'm one of the leader of APC, I will firstly find out whether there's is any loopholes legally in what happened yesterday. Obviously, going by the response of Mr President there isn't.

Also, Saraki and those who supported him must never be invited for any party's meeting. They are moles planted in the ruling party. It must not be formally announce.

I'm also expecting APC to have started planting and poaching on PDP. Most PDP's members are also unprincipled and greedy. The party must get get ready to use that against them.

I've given you clues on how this will end but if you still don't understand, then you'll have to watch out.
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Defcon1(m): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2015
luvmijeje:
Personally, if I'm one of the leader of APC, I will firstly find out whether there's is any loopholes legally in what happened yesterday. Obviously, going by the response of Mr President there isn't. Also, Saraki and those who supported him must never be invited for any party's meeting. They are moles planted in the ruling party. It must not be formally announce. I'm also expecting APC to have started planting and poaching on PDP. Most PDP's members are also unprincipled and greedy. The party must get get ready to use that against them. I've given you clues on how this will end but if you still don't understand, then you'll have to watch out.
l have considered all the points you mentioned and more; that is why I concluded that the best way forward is to find a common ground and move on.
Anything they do to Saraki will likely backfire and play into the hands of the PDP.

They can't impeach him because the APC alone does not have the 2/3 majority needed for that.
So as long as he enjoys the PDP support he is untouchable.
Though like you rightly said some PDP moles can be exploited to achieve that aim.

But even that is difficult because this was an unprecedented opportunity for PDP to stake a claim in this dispensation...it will be hard to see them scuttle this golden opportunity.

If they push him too hard, he will likely defect to PDP, together with his grassroots supporters...taking a chunk of theAPC support base with him...and that would mean majority of the North Central, given his political heavyweight.
Also if he defects, the APC automatically loses the senate presidency and control to the PDP!

If that happens then it's gonna be very difficult for PMB and the party.
Never in the history of Nigerian democracy has an incumbent president being in opposing party to the senate leadership.

Of course they can't expel him, for the reasons above.
Suspension is useless as well.Nothing will it achieve.
Anyway, let's see how they clean the mess

Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Maghan37: 8:41am On Jun 10, 2015
dasrackhor:
cry me an ocean nt cry me na ocean...Got ΐτ̅?
Mr lecturerdat was my intention just a mistake
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Fellonigerians: 10:50am On Jun 10, 2015
monsterrock:
THERE WERE NO ELECTIONS FOR THE SENATE LEADERSHIP – Senator Dr. AKUME

The Senator Dr George Akume has responded to the elections conducted by the PDP faction of the members of the National assembly which “elected” Senator Bukola Saraki as the Senate President and Senator Ike Ekweremadu as Deputy Senate President.

Responding in a press conference held at his residence earlier today, about the outcome of the elections at the Senate, Senator Dr. George Akume alleged that what happened at the Senate today smacks of due process and also stressed that he had nothing against all those involved in the sham elections.

He said “People think they can use money to subvert democracy, but all that is rubbish and at the appropriate time we will speak.”

Senator Akume made reference to the straw polls conducted by the APC for its candidates as the APC lawmakers were at the ICC for a meeting called by the President when the sham elections went on.

He urged his supporters not to be angry or worry about the sham elections, but worry for those who have subverted democracy and in due time, justice will be served.

Senator Dr George Akume also reinstated that the sham will be pursued to the latter till the right thing is done.

Senator George Akume’s
Media Office

source Official FB page : https://www.facebook.com/senakumegeorge?fref=ts

Cc Lalasticlala Ikenna351 OAM4J Afam4eva

He should just learn from this, and move on. They are even lucky PDP did not elect David mark as the Senate President, even though they had 49 senators to APC's 8 during the election of the SP and DSP...
Re: There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume by Orunto: 11:33am On Jun 10, 2015
How then did you lose the post of deputy to Ekwerremadu?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thug Embarrasses Tinubu During Accreditation / Audio Of President Jonathan Calling Buhari To Congratulate (listen) / 2019: Obasanjo, Jonathan, Governors Storm Yola For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.