Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,412 members, 7,836,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events (25227 Views)

Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos / Fayose Attacks APC Again With An Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Tribune(pic / Look At What PDP Published On Page 5 Of Today's Guardian News Paper. (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
JackBaueress1:
from my own point of view,I think PDP gave Saraki an option for him to pick a PDP senator as his deputy if he wants their support. Saraki ran to his old friends to bail him out and he was given that condition.

Like i always say,it's the beauty of democracy. Saraki will definitely reconcile with his party and that will no longer be an issue.

I must warn Lai Mohammed to always take things easy. He cannot say something different from what President Buhari says. He should learn to make consultation with the president before issuing statements
there is a communication gap between the APC leadership and the presidency. The APC excos is still being controlled by jagaban which brought about today's MESS for you and VICTORY for me.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
there is a communication gap between the APC leadership and the presidency. The APC excos is still being controlled by jagaban which brought about today's MESS for you and VICTORY for me.
today's mess for me and victory for you? how did what happened today in the NASS affect my personal life?

seriously?

8 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by after1: 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
Firefire:

Mi o ri aye osi jor, grin grin grin

Nigeria and South West is too big for one selfish elements to pocket.

Who is talking about some politicians. I know you cant comprehend anyway, continue.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
after1:

Who is talking about some politicians. I know you cant comprehend anyway, continue.
ba wo ni my love? kiss
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by francizy(m): 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You don't have to say, what you did,
I already know, I found out from him
Now there's just no chance, for you and me, there'll never be
And don't it make you sad about it...

Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
To cry, cry me a river
Cry me a river-er
Cry me a river
Cry me a river-er, yea yea!!! cry cry cry

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by francizy(m): 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
JackBaueress1:
today's mess for me and victory for you? how did what happened today in the NASS affect my personal life?

seriously?

Hehehehe, it cant affect the 50k but it can affect the pride.. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by after1: 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
JackBaueress1:
ba wo ni my love? kiss

Am good sweet and you? Too many hypocrites on nairaland, they hide behind patriotism for Nigeria to support evil. I dont care who becomes the SP or Speaker since they are all there for there own selfish pocket but just surprised the way your people turn it to Igbo Vs SW and screaming pay back time. Very funny.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
after1:

Am good sweet and you? Too many hypocrites on nairaland, they hide behind patriotism for Nigeria to support evil. I dont care who becomes the SP or Speaker since they are all there for there own selfish pocket but just surprised the way your people turn it to Igbo Vs SW and screaming pay back time. Very funny.
Don't my them my Prince charming. There's nothing like payback time. The southwest has nothing to lose as the region is well represented. abi is bukola saraki not a Yoruba man again?

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by CR77(f): 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
lol APC brainless party
ECOTERRORS:
Barcanista, mogidi, francizy, mizmycoli, nigeriavenom, dearpreye, serveusnape, CSTR, babeeboi, CR77, zimoni, come and join omenka to mourn the loss of Jagaban and APC leadership

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by brownlord: 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:
[s]Good evening all.

This thread isn't created to spite any one or any people. It is just a wake up call to majority Nigerians, who happen to be very poor at remembering events of history and how they are meant to shape our thought processes and indeed orientation.

Now, very interesting events happened in the last 24 hours in our National Legislative Chambers. Both chambers were inaugurated and their leadership elected. APC being the dominant party clinched the top spots in both chambers, but as we all know, PDP and her supporters seem to be the most jubilant party over the outcome of the elections, why, one might be tempted to ask.

In the run up to the general elections, Saraki whom PDP supported doggedly in the just concluded NASS election, was hounded by the same party, threatened with all manner of sanctions that eventually culminated in his exit from the party. His rift with the party (PDP) and the presidency back then, began with his blowing the lid on what has come to be known as the biggest heist in the nation's history- the Subsidy Scam- which ran into tens of billions of dollars. He was buffeted from all sides with all manner of allegations and barely survived having himself locked up in jail. He eventually found a sanctuary in the opposition, now the ruling party.

Now, inexplicably, the same party that threw everything but the kitchen sink at this recalcitrant and rebellious congressman sees him as a valiant, their knight in shining armour. Wonders huh? Well they voted for him in the absence of half of the members of the Senate as the Senate president, case closed., and for what?- just to spite the opposition, maybe, and to have their man as the Deputy.

In the Green Chamber, Dagora emerged the Speaker. I know quite little about him, but nevertheless, that is immaterial to the crux of this piece.

Here's what my problem is: during the electioneering campaigns, Nigerians/electorates were subjected to all manner of divisive and potentially catastrophic propaganda from the PDP. To mention a few, we saw things like-

1. Buhari is too old to be a leader.

2. Buhari is a terrorist sponsor.

3. Buhari has fossilised ideas and cannot lead a 21st century country effectively.

4. Buhari has prostate cancer and might die soon.

5. Buhari's candidacy is a product Northern conspiracy for National domination.

6. Buhari is "tribalistic".

7. The Northerners suffer from a "Born to Rule Syndrome".

8. APC is a party akin to the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt. It is dominated by Muslims and Northerners.

And others too numerous to mention.

Numbers 5-8 are my major concern.

Most of the points listed above were propagated and hammered on by same people who are jubilant over the emergence of Dagora and Saraki as Speaker HoR and Senate President respectively. Dagora is a Northerner, Saraki is from North Central (includes christian dominated states such as Taraba, plateau, Benue, but when the time comes, PDP will call him a "Northerner", and when you say "North", everyone thinks "Islam/Muslim). It is necessary putting this in writing because a time will come, perhaps in 2019, when PDP would want to replay that ethnic, religious, and regional cards which appears to be the only ammo in their arsenal- polarise Nigerians along these lines, have them vote based on these sentiments, and see to your retention in office!

Now, the situation we have at present shows Three of the Top Four Positions are occupied by "Northerners" but PDP is happy about it and apparently has no qualms whatsoever with the arrangement.

I have always been against all that North, South, East, West, Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo politicking. It has never and will never be the panacea to Nigeria's innumerable problems. Have always been pro Nigeria and would always support whoever it is that gets into an office as far as their competence isn't in doubt.

Without the support of PDP, what happened today wouldn't have happened, so we would hold them to account when the time comes, and remind them of their lofty stance at this time.

The events of today should effectively put to rest all that ethnoreligious politicking that PDP is known for.

We look forward to a very productive National Assembly.

Congrats to Saraki.

Congrats to Dagora.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Cc: Seun, Ishilove, Lalasticlala.

Cc: Passingshot, Mynd44, maclatunji, OAM4J, Obiagelli, Gbawe, Donphilopus, Midolian, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu, Chuhbie.[/s]

Rubbish

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by after1: 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
JackBaueress1:
Don't my them my Prince charming. There's nothing like payback time. The southwest has nothing to lose as the region is well represented. abi is bukola saraki not a Yoruba man again?

I am just watching and laughing, what happened is just a power play. Akume was the candidate of Tinubu and he was sidelined at the beginning for Lawan, Atiku did a pay back for Tinubu for supporting Buhari during the APC primaries. That is power play. Gbaja can not be Speaker again when Saraki is Senate President, so its good for Dongora. I am only after the ministers list, cos that's the koko and not these politicians isssh.

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by brownlord: 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
JackBaueress1:
from my own point of view,I think PDP gave Saraki an option for him to pick a PDP senator as his deputy if he wants their support. Saraki ran to his old friends to bail him out and he was given that condition.

Like i always say,it's the beauty of democracy. Saraki will definitely reconcile with his party and that will no longer be an issue.

I must warn Lai Mohammed to always take things easy. He cannot say something different from what President Buhari says. He should learn to make consultation with the president before issuing statements

For the first time you be making sense in your miserable nairaland life

14 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
after1:

I am just watching and laughing, what happened is just a power play. Akume was the candidate of Tinubu and he was sidelined at the beginning for Lawan, Atiku did a pay back for Tinubu for supporting Buhari during the APC primaries. That is power play. Gbaja can not be Speaker again when Saraki is Senate President, so its good for Dongora. I am only after the ministers list, cos that's the koko and not these politicians isssh.
the ministerial list na im be koko. Am anxiously awaiting that
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by tociano009(m): 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Good write up. But the power plays during this regime will be intense.
nothing is good in this hypocrisy and senseless thread base on sentiment ...rubbish

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
This write up has an aim yet unknown....

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Mentcee(m): 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
A bloody fool's analysis. And to inform your empty skull; it's Dogara not Dagora. Your stewpidity is insuperable. Go to hell.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
tociano009:
nothing is good in this hypocrisy and senseless thread base on sentiment ...rubbish
Ma nigga

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
About time folks wake up and smell the coffee! This is not and should not be about the religious, tribal, ethnic or chauvinistic but good governance and politics of inclusiveness. Nigeria will be better for it. Not good however that the North-East seems out in the cold. I do hope that they can come in from the cold in no distant future.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by BarryX(m): 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2015
We know you are trying to play reverse religious sentiment to suit your scrotum

News flash:
We ain't buying it, cry me a river

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
Omenka God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
Cc omenka
hi tried to send you a mail but you are not connected, how can i reach you privately pls .
nice write up tho

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
JackBaueress1:

The court has taken judicial notice.... You are excused

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Obiodunukwe: 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
francizy:

To cry, cry me a river
Cry me a river-er
Cry me a river

Why must you behave like an illiterate all the time?

3 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by kahara(m): 10:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
On the other revelation,I want to return #6.381000 million which I fraudulently got as a contractor supplying the APC brooms during the general election. Does anybody know how I will go about it cos I have repented of my money?

5 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ariel20:
Omenka God bless you!

Why?
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Obiodunukwe: 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
francizy:

Hehehehe, it cant affect the 50k but it can affect the pride.. grin

Not everyone lives off the proceeds of a beer parlor!

Now go and attend to your mum's customers- quickly!

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by denedene(m): 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
i blame apc
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 09, 2015
francizy:

To cry, cry me a river
Cry me a river-er
Cry me a river

Great Poem.... Abused....
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by strongerthaneva(m): 10:34pm On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:
Good evening all.

This thread isn't created to spite any one or any people. It is just a wake up call to majority Nigerians, who happen to be very poor at remembering events of history and how they are meant to shape our thought processes and indeed orientation.

Now, very interesting events happened in the last 24 hours in our National Legislative Chambers. Both chambers were inaugurated and their leadership elected. APC being the dominant party clinched the top spots in both chambers, but as we all know, PDP and her supporters seem to be the most jubilant party over the outcome of the elections, why, one might be tempted to ask.

In the run up to the general elections, Saraki whom PDP supported doggedly in the just concluded NASS election, was hounded by the same party, threatened with all manner of sanctions that eventually culminated in his exit from the party. His rift with the party (PDP) and the presidency back then, began with his blowing the lid on what has come to be known as the biggest heist in the nation's history- the Subsidy Scam- which ran into tens of billions of dollars. He was buffeted from all sides with all manner of allegations and barely survived having himself locked up in jail. He eventually found a sanctuary in the opposition, now the ruling party.

Now, inexplicably, the same party that threw everything but the kitchen sink at this recalcitrant and rebellious congressman sees him as a valiant, their knight in shining armour. Wonders huh? Well they voted for him in the absence of half of the members of the Senate as the Senate president, case closed., and for what?- just to spite the opposition, maybe, and to have their man as the Deputy.

In the Green Chamber, Dagora emerged the Speaker. I know quite little about him, but nevertheless, that is immaterial to the crux of this piece.

Here's what my problem is: during the electioneering campaigns, Nigerians/electorates were subjected to all manner of divisive and potentially catastrophic propaganda from the PDP. To mention a few, we saw things like-

1. Buhari is too old to be a leader.

2. Buhari is a terrorist sponsor.

3. Buhari has fossilised ideas and cannot lead a 21st century country effectively.

4. Buhari has prostate cancer and might die soon.

5. Buhari's candidacy is a product Northern conspiracy for National domination.

6. Buhari is "tribalistic".

7. The Northerners suffer from a "Born to Rule Syndrome".

8. APC is a party akin to the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt. It is dominated by Muslims and Northerners.

And others too numerous to mention.

Numbers 5-8 are my major concern.

Most of the points listed above were propagated and hammered on by same people who are jubilant over the emergence of Dagora and Saraki as Speaker HoR and Senate President respectively. Dagora is a Northerner, Saraki is from North Central (includes christian dominated states such as Taraba, plateau, Benue, but when the time comes, PDP will call him a "Northerner", and when you say "North", everyone thinks "Islam/Muslim). It is necessary putting this in writing because a time will come, perhaps in 2019, when PDP would want to replay that ethnic, religious, and regional cards which appears to be the only ammo in their arsenal- polarise Nigerians along these lines, have them vote based on these sentiments, and see to your retention in office!

Now, the situation we have at present shows Three of the Top Four Positions are occupied by "Northerners" but PDP is happy about it and apparently has no qualms whatsoever with the arrangement.

I have always been against all that North, South, East, West, Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo politicking. It has never and will never be the panacea to Nigeria's innumerable problems. Have always been pro Nigeria and would always support whoever it is that gets into an office as far as their competence isn't in doubt.

Without the support of PDP, what happened today wouldn't have happened, so we would hold them to account when the time comes, and remind them of their lofty stance at this time.

The events of today should effectively put to rest all that ethnoreligious politicking that PDP is known for.

We look forward to a very productive National Assembly.

Congrats to Saraki.

Congrats to Dagora.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Cc: Seun, Ishilove, Lalasticlala.

Cc: Passingshot, Mynd44, maclatunji, OAM4J, Obiagelli, Gbawe, Donphilopus, Midolian, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu, Chuhbie.
one.love bro u spear naturally blessed..see I won't die but remain to remind them of their evil deeds which they are rejoicing on now..Av said as they are trying to befall a sweet house so shall their house too will be befall befall befall and befall..PDPbfull of pigs..

3 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Ayietim(m): 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
Before you blow your trumpet, master the instrument so that you can blow it beautifully to get others to listen and join you.
http://ayietim.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
will the north take it if the reverse is the case ,that is, if all top positions are occupied by southerners/Christians ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by ichidodo: 10:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
We hope thieffnubu gets to recover from the shock...tis jus galling that out of all his sweat and hard work, he could only produce an insignficant abd almost puppet-like figure to occupy an insignificant position (VP) in this regime. The whole propaganda and branding all gone to waste. So much for southwest political sophistication.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two More Judges Arrested As DSS Freezes Accounts / Femi Fani-kayode Appears In High Court In Lagos / Dino Melaye And Ali Ndume In War Of Words Over Screening Of Ibrahim Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.