Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events (25212 Views)

Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos / Fayose Attacks APC Again With An Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Tribune(pic / Look At What PDP Published On Page 5 Of Today's Guardian News Paper. (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by HzRF(m): 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:
Good evening all.

This thread isn't created to spite any one or any people. It is just a wake up call to majority Nigerians, who happen to be very poor at remembering events of history and how they are meant to shape our thought processes and indeed orientation.

Now, very interesting events happened in the last 24 hours in our National Legislative Chambers. Both chambers were inaugurated and their leadership elected. APC being the dominant party clinched the top spots in both chambers, but as we all know, PDP and her supporters seem to be the most jubilant party over the outcome of the elections, why, one might be tempted to ask.

In the run up to the general elections, Saraki whom PDP supported doggedly in the just concluded NASS election, was hounded by the same party, threatened with all manner of sanctions that eventually culminated in his exit from the party. His rift with the party (PDP) and the presidency back then, began with his blowing the lid on what has come to be known as the biggest heist in the nation's history- the Subsidy Scam- which ran into tens of billions of dollars. He was buffeted from all sides with all manner of allegations and barely survived having himself locked up in jail. He eventually found a sanctuary in the opposition, now the ruling party.

Now, inexplicably, the same party that threw everything but the kitchen sink at this recalcitrant and rebellious congressman sees him as a valiant, their knight in shining armour. Wonders huh? Well they voted for him in the absence of half of the members of the Senate as the Senate president, case closed., and for what?- just to spite the opposition, maybe, and to have their man as the Deputy.

In the Green Chamber, Dagora emerged the Speaker. I know quite little about him, but nevertheless, that is immaterial to the crux of this piece.

Here's what my problem is: during the electioneering campaigns, Nigerians/electorates were subjected to all manner of divisive and potentially catastrophic propaganda from the PDP. To mention a few, we saw things like-

1. Buhari is too old to be a leader.

2. Buhari is a terrorist sponsor.

3. Buhari has fossilised ideas and cannot lead a 21st century country effectively.

4. Buhari has prostate cancer and might die soon.

5. Buhari's candidacy is a product Northern conspiracy for National domination.

6. Buhari is "tribalistic".

7. The Northerners suffer from a "Born to Rule Syndrome".

8. APC is a party akin to the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt. It is dominated by Muslims and Northerners.

And others too numerous to mention.

Numbers 5-8 are my major concern.

Most of the points listed above were propagated and hammered on by same people who are jubilant over the emergence of Dagora and Saraki as Speaker HoR and Senate President respectively. Dagora is a Northerner, Saraki is from North Central (includes christian dominated states such as Taraba, plateau, Benue, but when the time comes, PDP will call him a "Northerner", and when you say "North", everyone thinks "Islam/Muslim). It is necessary putting this in writing because a time will come, perhaps in 2019, when PDP would want to replay that ethnic, religious, and regional cards which appears to be the only ammo in their arsenal- polarise Nigerians along these lines, have them vote based on these sentiments, and see to your retention in office!

Now, the situation we have at present shows Three of the Top Four Positions are occupied by "Northerners" but PDP is happy about it and apparently has no qualms whatsoever with the arrangement.

I have always been against all that North, South, East, West, Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo politicking. It has never and will never be the panacea to Nigeria's innumerable problems. Have always been pro Nigeria and would always support whoever it is that gets into an office as far as their competence isn't in doubt.

Without the support of PDP, what happened today wouldn't have happened, so we would hold them to account when the time comes, and remind them of their lofty stance at this time.

The events of today should effectively put to rest all that ethnoreligious politicking that PDP is known for.

We look forward to a very productive National Assembly.

Congrats to Saraki.

Congrats to Dagora.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Cc: Seun, Ishilove, Lalasticlala.

Cc: Passingshot, Mynd44, maclatunji, OAM4J, Obiagelli, Gbawe, Donphilopus, Midolian, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu, Chuhbie.

PDP told you guys North are all about demselves I said pdp's mouth is smelling

North won.
Pdp realised and help ur change that North is the answer to our problems
And they make sure everything end there

And u are writing stories that moves d atmosphere

U started a course
PDP uplifted and yet u are angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by anonimi: 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
Rawani:
once another glossy photo of PMB surfaces

Not when a policy announcement is made.

No!

Not when dashing N5,000 to 25 million starts.

No!

Those who voted for a paparazzi president, welcome to your change grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by strongerthaneva(m): 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
Redoil:
And ur point is? PDP arm twisted the so called progressives with cow dung for brain and you dare open a useless thread to spite PDP and and to praise APC for their foolishness and stupidity.
If you know that APC are foo.ls for playing into the hand of PDP click like.
If you know that are learners it comes to armtwisting in politics click share.
see dis baboon chimpanzee from PDPOON wey dey call party with blessing names..na crocodile go chop that ur mouth..low life fellow u and ur PDP will fall very very soon..Una with cordless brains dead pipu looking who to die with themm..laffing while suffering from past defeats...

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Kitsune: 10:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
I really didnt wanna say anything about all this crap but im just gonna post this for future reference.

All these TANOID's rejoicing about Saraki/Dogara emerging leaders of the National Assembly as if they just 'defeated' Buhari must be out of their mind! Is this supposed to be your 'consolation' prize? Because i promise you youre gonna find out soon enough that this is gonna turn out very badly for you.

We cant have a clear answer to what the future holds BUT Mark my words and i'll definitely quote this in the next 2 Months at least! We'll see how these Guys are gonna serve PDP's interest in this world.

Rejoice now all you want, like you did on previous occasions, hell you ldiots even 'rejoiced' more over the Rivers Election and Honestly its just blatantly PATHETIC that these dimwits think People that arent even in their Party will somehow 'serve' their Interests which is apparently supposed to be 'to threaten Buhari's Government' huh undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by jomoh: 10:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:
Care to tell me how
By the way, it isn't an "analysis", it is more or less a "statement".
Why confuse the poor soul further he doesn't know the difference.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by benkings(m): 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lol...saTANoids are very funny set of people...apc won n dey are celebrating
I guess after so much defeat dey are now viewing defeat as victory hence d celebration

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Chibokgame: 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
I thought this write up would stop Saraki from holding on as the Senate president,
But since it didn't,
Then this bulletin is better save for history students rather than nairaland visitors.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by PHfinest(m): 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
For the first time I see ngene confused

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by FreeGlobe(f): 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
JackBaueress1:
Don't my them my Prince charming. There's nothing like payback time. The southwest has nothing to lose as the region is well represented. abi is bukola saraki not a Yoruba man again?
I understand the bold is sarcasm but we really can do without it. btw, who is your master between Tinubu and Rochas because Rochas is in sync with this new order fyi.

4 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Orikinla(m): 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:
Good evening all.

This thread isn't created to spite any one or any people. It is just a wake up call to majority Nigerians, who happen to be very poor at remembering events of history and how they are meant to shape our thought processes and indeed orientation.

Now, very interesting events happened in the last 24 hours in our National Legislative Chambers. Both chambers were inaugurated and their leadership elected. APC being the dominant party clinched the top spots in both chambers, but as we all know, PDP and her supporters seem to be the most jubilant party over the outcome of the elections, why, one might be tempted to ask.

In the run up to the general elections, Saraki whom PDP supported doggedly in the just concluded NASS election, was hounded by the same party, threatened with all manner of sanctions that eventually culminated in his exit from the party. His rift with the party (PDP) and the presidency back then, began with his blowing the lid on what has come to be known as the biggest heist in the nation's history- the Subsidy Scam- which ran into tens of billions of dollars. He was buffeted from all sides with all manner of allegations and barely survived having himself locked up in jail. He eventually found a sanctuary in the opposition, now the ruling party.

Now, inexplicably, the same party that threw everything but the kitchen sink at this recalcitrant and rebellious congressman sees him as a valiant, their knight in shining armour. Wonders huh? Well they voted for him in the absence of half of the members of the Senate as the Senate president, case closed., and for what?- just to spite the opposition, maybe, and to have their man as the Deputy.

In the Green Chamber, Dagora emerged the Speaker. I know quite little about him, but nevertheless, that is immaterial to the crux of this piece.

Here's what my problem is: during the electioneering campaigns, Nigerians/electorates were subjected to all manner of divisive and potentially catastrophic propaganda from the PDP. To mention a few, we saw things like-

1. Buhari is too old to be a leader.

2. Buhari is a terrorist sponsor.

3. Buhari has fossilised ideas and cannot lead a 21st century country effectively.

4. Buhari has prostate cancer and might die soon.

5. Buhari's candidacy is a product Northern conspiracy for National domination.

6. Buhari is "tribalistic".

7. The Northerners suffer from a "Born to Rule Syndrome".

8. APC is a party akin to the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt. It is dominated by Muslims and Northerners.

And others too numerous to mention.

Numbers 5-8 are my major concern.

Most of the points listed above were propagated and hammered on by same people who are jubilant over the emergence of Dagora and Saraki as Speaker HoR and Senate President respectively. Dagora is a Northerner, Saraki is from North Central (includes christian dominated states such as Taraba, plateau, Benue, but when the time comes, PDP will call him a "Northerner", and when you say "North", everyone thinks "Islam/Muslim). It is necessary putting this in writing because a time will come, perhaps in 2019, when PDP would want to replay that ethnic, religious, and regional cards which appears to be the only ammo in their arsenal- polarise Nigerians along these lines, have them vote based on these sentiments, and see to your retention in office!

Now, the situation we have at present shows Three of the Top Four Positions are occupied by "Northerners" but PDP is happy about it and apparently has no qualms whatsoever with the arrangement.

I have always been against all that North, South, East, West, Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo politicking. It has never and will never be the panacea to Nigeria's innumerable problems. Have always been pro Nigeria and would always support whoever it is that gets into an office as far as their competence isn't in doubt.

Without the support of PDP, what happened today wouldn't have happened, so we would hold them to account when the time comes, and remind them of their lofty stance at this time.

The events of today should effectively put to rest all that ethnoreligious politicking that PDP is known for.

We look forward to a very productive National Assembly.

Congrats to Saraki.

Congrats to Dagora.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Cc: Seun, Ishilove, Lalasticlala.

Cc: Passingshot, Mynd44, maclatunji, OAM4J, Obiagelli, Gbawe, Donphilopus, Midolian, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu, Chuhbie.

No amount of lies evil people tell against a fearless and upright person, the truth will eventually be known in the end.

[size=18pt]"...so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children."
◄ Psalm 78:6 ►[/size]

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Lionsclaw: 10:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mr Op there is nothing to remind pdp about stop creating issues where there is none. I didnt see what pdp did today as playing for or against the enthic or religious card (or whatever your crux was). They needed a lifeline to anchor their sinking ship and become a strong oppostion; they saw a weakness in the apc and they used it. Simple smartness I call it. So do not foment none existing sentiments.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by anonimi: 10:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
benkings:
I guess after so much defeat dey are now viewing defeat as victory hence d celebration

FYI.

EkoIle1:

jara:

Why ACN Supported Tambuwal – Tinubu

Leadership

Tue, 07/06/2011 - 5:18am | JAMES UME Cover Stories

Former Lagos State governor and national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu has named national interest as the reason ACN members in the House gave a bloc vote to the candidature of Tambuwal, which led to his subsequent emergence as Speaker. Tinubu gave this insight at a reception in honour of ACN House members at the Ogun State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja.

He said that the party’s took its position in order to advance the interest of the nation in the lower chamber of the National Assembly.
Tinubu, who drove into the reception venue in company of Chief Segun Osoba, said he was under tremendous pressure to toe the line of the PDP to support a South West candidate for the position but had to halt his support for any candidate based on his conviction that the legislature was a separate arm of government that should be allowed to produce its own leaders independently.

He hinted that he personally instructed all ACN members to vote for Tambuwal and not to collect a kobo from any other candidate.
In his speech, Chief Bisi thanked the lawmakers, noting that he was proud of them and that the ACN would continue to play such formidable role in this administration.

God Bless the ACN

God Bless Asiwaju Tinubu

God bless the Great South Western States Of Nigeria.

Amen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by bodeloja: 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
PDP wanted to play a spoiler, that is just it and nothing else! Even a dumb person can still disobey his party and pull this Coup off! So Nothing Superfluous here!

Had APC supported Saraki, PDP would have voted Lawan

Is just that simple

They just wanted to know who APC supported, so that they can support any 'rebel' that crops up!

Even in an advanced democracy like USA, the power of Nomination of speakers and leaders are done by the Political parties
Only one nomination is presented to whole house for voting!

Let's watch as events unfold!
People bringing Tinubu are just being mischevious

The man has achieved 80% of all he wanted in life.

And history shows that Dogara and Saraki have effectively shut themselves out of APC!

U need to take a chill pill, u sound like a mad person.

8 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by FreeGlobe(f): 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
Chibokgame:
I thought this write up would stop Saraki from holding on as the Senate president,
But since it didn't,
Then this bulletin is better save for history students rather than nairaland visitors.
The bulletin is not worth more than a tissue paper. Omenka can cry us a river

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by DauraDullard: 10:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
Is the Igbo impersonator, Omenka, trying to play smart or diplomacy. Please save your grammar for future use. We don't care about your opinion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Samtash(m): 10:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
Orikinla:

No amount of lies evil people tell against a fearless and upright person, the truth will eventually be known in the end.
[size=18pt]"...so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children."
◄ Psalm 78:6 ►[/size]
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by baybeeboi: 10:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Barcanista, mogidi, francizy, mizmycoli, nigeriavenom, dearpreye, serveusnape, CSTR, babeeboi, CR77, zimoni, come and join omenka to mourn the loss of Jagaban and APC leadership

Babe, sometimes (or better still most times) we just haved to ignore these peeps, this are just consolation threads, lets just leave them to grieve.

Omenka is a kid, i don't meddle with his likes.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by FreeGlobe(f): 10:46pm On Jun 09, 2015
bodeloja:

U need to take a chill pill, u sound like a mad person.
grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by PHfinest(m): 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
You are talking of preservation of today's event and you are bringing up other past and buried history. You would have told us how GEJ is reponsible for the too much salt in your food this night.

You APC guys better put your acts together. I believed APC was lying to Nigerians about change. A lot of my respected friends almost convinced me that the change was real.

What happened in the APC camp yesterday was party plans. Ok. But the scam of meeting with Buhari this morning is very unhealthy for true democracy and betrayal of the trust of common Nigerians. This is repeating all that was wrong in PDP. Tambuwal comes to mind.

The barking by Lai Mohammad and Tinubu even makes APC more vulnerable. The confusion is obvious. It took you till 7pm to get your thoughts together.

Even till now NgeneNkwuenu feels Saraki and Dogara should be sanctioned. You will agree with me that it will be a wrong move. Such is the kind of confusion in your camp now.

So seat up and start working to mend the cracks in your party. Otherwise you will see yourself playing an opposition ruling party.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by DauraDullard: 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
anonimi:

Not when a policy announcement is made.

No!

Not when dashing N5,000 to 25 million starts.

No!

Those who voted for a paparazzi president, welcome to your change grin

grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by ichidodo: 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
The political backdrop to these new dynamics will be very interesting to say the least...The PDP has gotten the needed morale boost to survive and thrive,hopefully,into a resurgence that will sweep an ageing and horribly disnterested Buhari off his perch come 2019....We believe this mirrors the fears of the Janjaweede OP thus his thread and the need to play this down so it doesn't get its desired effects doing away with The Daura President come "19.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Mentcee(m): 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
PDP wanted to play a spoiler, that is just it and nothing else! Even a dumb person can still disobey his party and pull this Coup off! So Nothing Superfluous here!

Is just that simple

They just wanted to know who APC supported, so that they can support any 'rebel' that crops up!

Even in an advanced democracy like USA, the power of Nomination of speakers and leaders are done by the Political parties

And history shows that Dogara and Saraki have effectively shut themselves out of APC!
You're the 2nd biggest fool on earth after Omenka... And Berem... And Demdem... Ngeneukwenu... Your guys are idiotas bastardos!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Lionsclaw: 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
benkings:
Guy are you dreaming? APC lost!
PDP put a crack on their wall and stole deputy senate from them. That is winning. With this APC will not be the same again. What pdp enjoyed for 8yrs plus they didnt enjoy it for one day. I mean what pdp got today was not suppose to be theirs in a thousand light years as far as APC rule is concerned. Try to understand what is going on.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by FreeGlobe(f): 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
benkings:
what a nice way to win? Congrats APC, that's if they accept it cheesy cheesy cheesy

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/184725-breaking-apc-rejects-election-of-saraki-dogara-as-senate-president-house-speaker.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by DauraDullard: 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
This thread is flooded with tears already. Make I leave here jare grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Orikinla(m): 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
[size=18pt]Books and all forms of writing are terror to those who wish to suppress the truth.
~ Wole Soyinka

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/wole_soyinka.html#iWvaddfvJicT731i.99[/size]
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Come to think of it.
Its a good thing the pdp are trying keep us on our toes.

We dont want things to be one sided. Right?
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by AfricaFace(f): 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
You need some rest ....
NgeneUkwenu:

Is just that simple

4 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by StOla: 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
Omenka, your post is very factual and your postulation on future ethno-religious lamentations by the same PDP rejoicing today shows your foresight.

Infact it has begun.

They have started analysing the ethnic and religious composition of this government.

Besides my disdain for the PDP type impunity that Saraki allowed to happen today in the senate just because of his political greed, I am okay with the zoning of the top 4 offices in this regime.

President NW
Vice Pres SW
Sen Pres NC
Speaker NE

These are the regions that enabled an APC victory and take over of government.

All have been well compensated.

Let us continue sharing the power generously among those who believed in the need for change, while the PDP keep crying.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Diamondwriter(m): 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:

All i can see is just another pained APC sympathizer who can write. Hold PDP to the event of today you say. But you are forgetting that the PDP never told the APC senators to hold a meeting when they should have been in their inauguration. You are a person with rights bro and so are the senators, just that they are the senators and not you. So u cant xpect them to do wat u want them to do. If you knew better you probably would have been the senator instead.
It's really very funny that even as the ruling party APC still plays the victim. They better wake up lest people start taking them less seriously.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Mogidi: 10:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
APC CRYING THREAD?

HOW MARKET?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by VhatAmazingDude: 10:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Guess something akin to this is why the acronym 'B.S' was invented.
What is the relevance of this thread to the common good of Nigeria?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

23 PDP Reps Set To Defect To APC / Burial Of Air Marshal Nsikak Eduok (Photos, Videos) / Sen. Shehu Sani Lists The Main Causes Of The Major Protests Around The Globe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.