Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events (25192 Views)

Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos / Fayose Attacks APC Again With An Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Tribune(pic / Look At What PDP Published On Page 5 Of Today's Guardian News Paper. (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by bakila: 11:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
Redoil:
Clown how far? The SHARP goons in PDP are teaching you people how to do politics and you are here sweating.
where was their shapeness in March. April fool and April also showed their shapeness was blunt when the Governorship results were announced.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
People having sleepless nights over Nigeria politics. Hisssz
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Jackrich: 11:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
omenka:
Whichever way they chose to play it is up to them, but they should, for their own good, not feature ethnicity and religion. A rude awakening await them if they do.
Medicine after death my friend.

Now you can cry me an ocean ,boy.

Buhahahahhaa......By the time these Hausas and Fulanis herdsmen will start their madness in your middle belt states you'll understand the magnitude of your online rants that supported and landed the North in power. grin

Oya carry biro write 'I am a fool' grin

Barcanista,firefire,mizmycoli,temitemi1,anonimi, Phockphockman and mogidi you people should come and see a fool at 40, the all knowing Omenka, the smeagol of NL is crying like a girl that missed her period when the fucckery just started . grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by mandhi(m): 11:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
nortcentrallord:

What happened is CHANGE. And that is what you and many Nigerians stood for. Let our lives be an example of what we preach.
SAI CHANGE DOLE.
At least let it be with fairness, not what we have been seeing in PDP since the last 16years.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by AreaFada2: 11:48pm On Jun 09, 2015
@Omenka.

Your attempt at intellectual analysis is a rather lazy one. If not, you would have started from 2011, not today.

If you did, you would have reminded us of how Tambuwal defeated the SW lady favoured by PDP leadership as speaker. And how he ended up as APC governor of Sokoto state.

How often was APC blamed for any failure of leadership in the house or even for Farouq "Hatful Dollar" Lawan & Otedola bribery scandal?

APC have simply become hubristic and that was punished today.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by nortcentrallord(m): 11:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
mandhi:

At least let it be with fairness, not what we have been seeing in PDP since the last 16years.

It will never happen with fairness just like apc would have never unsat pdp without propaganda and the media. Life is not fair. So far the outcome favors Nigerians, it is fair.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by bakila: 11:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
The thread now has it place as one of nairaland sound admonishion. Hating will change nothing.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by mandhi(m): 11:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
nortcentrallord:

It will never happen with fairness just like apc would have never unsat pdp without propaganda and the media. Life is not fair. So far the outcome favors Nigerians, it is fair.
APC never use propaganda to unsit PDP out of power but rather they used thesame medium to tarnish the image of the APC Leaders. Do your research before commenting pls.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by cho25bc(f): 11:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Hmmm. Politics in Nigeria is a dirty game
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by UnknownT: 11:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
Omenka stop crying. The candidates APC brought as their own, how many are "Southerners"? Lawan - Northerner, Ali Ndume- Northerner, Femi- Southerner, Munguno- Northerner ie 3/4 Northerners, 1/4 Southerner. Now the ones PDP supported Saraki-Northerner, Ike- Southerner, Dogara- Northerner but a Christian, Lasun- Southerner ie 2/4 Northerners, 2/4 Southerners. I wonder whether APC were expecting PDP members to just fold their arms without "fighting", if APC can exhibit this kind of bad blood politics knowing fully well that 3/4 of the elected officers are their own, then we are in for the worse. APC can't be ruling party and still be crying again like the opposition

6 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by calaharry: 12:03am On Jun 10, 2015
...Lol many ppl are suffering from INVISIBLE IGNORANCE......this is restitution time for all these so-called leaders to redeem themselves or perish while trying to commit more harm to this nation...whts gonna be is gonna be irrespective of wht anyone says,sovereign Nigeria will rise again strong and viable in my own generation. THAT IS THE VERDICT, NO MATTER THE RHETORICS THAT PEOPLE ARE PROPAGATING HERE AND THERE, PERIOD.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by agabaI23(m): 12:04am On Jun 10, 2015
omenka:
Good evening all.

This thread isn't created to spite any one or any people. It is just a wake up call to majority Nigerians, who happen to be very poor at remembering events of history and how they are meant to shape our thought processes and indeed orientation.

Now, very interesting events happened in the last 24 hours in our National Legislative Chambers. Both chambers were inaugurated and their leadership elected. APC being the dominant party clinched the top spots in both chambers, but as we all know, PDP and her supporters seem to be the most jubilant party over the outcome of the elections, why, one might be tempted to ask.

In the run up to the general elections, Saraki whom PDP supported doggedly in the just concluded NASS election, was hounded by the same party, threatened with all manner of sanctions that eventually culminated in his exit from the party. His rift with the party (PDP) and the presidency back then, began with his blowing the lid on what has come to be known as the biggest heist in the nation's history- the Subsidy Scam- which ran into tens of billions of dollars. He was buffeted from all sides with all manner of allegations and barely survived having himself locked up in jail. He eventually found a sanctuary in the opposition, now the ruling party.

Now, inexplicably, the same party that threw everything but the kitchen sink at this recalcitrant and rebellious congressman sees him as a valiant, their knight in shining armour. Wonders huh? Well they voted for him in the absence of half of the members of the Senate as the Senate president, case closed., and for what?- just to spite the opposition, maybe, and to have their man as the Deputy.

In the Green Chamber, Dagora emerged the Speaker. I know quite little about him, but nevertheless, that is immaterial to the crux of this piece.

Here's what my problem is: during the electioneering campaigns, Nigerians/electorates were subjected to all manner of divisive and potentially catastrophic propaganda from the PDP. To mention a few, we saw things like-

1. Buhari is too old to be a leader.

2. Buhari is a terrorist sponsor.

3. Buhari has fossilised ideas and cannot lead a 21st century country effectively.

4. Buhari has prostate cancer and might die soon.

5. Buhari's candidacy is a product Northern conspiracy for National domination.

6. Buhari is "tribalistic".

7. The Northerners suffer from a "Born to Rule Syndrome".

8. APC is a party akin to the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt. It is dominated by Muslims and Northerners.

And others too numerous to mention.

Numbers 5-8 are my major concern.

Most of the points listed above were propagated and hammered on by same people who are jubilant over the emergence of Dagora and Saraki as Speaker HoR and Senate President respectively. Dagora is a Northerner, Saraki is from North Central (includes christian dominated states such as Taraba, plateau, Benue, but when the time comes, PDP will call him a "Northerner", and when you say "North", everyone thinks "Islam/Muslim). It is necessary putting this in writing because a time will come, perhaps in 2019, when PDP would want to replay that ethnic, religious, and regional cards which appears to be the only ammo in their arsenal- polarise Nigerians along these lines, have them vote based on these sentiments, and see to your retention in office!

Now, the situation we have at present shows Three of the Top Four Positions are occupied by "Northerners" but PDP is happy about it and apparently has no qualms whatsoever with the arrangement.

I have always been against all that North, South, East, West, Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo politicking. It has never and will never be the panacea to Nigeria's innumerable problems. Have always been pro Nigeria and would always support whoever it is that gets into an office as far as their competence isn't in doubt.

Without the support of PDP, what happened today wouldn't have happened, so we would hold them to account when the time comes, and remind them of their lofty stance at this time.

The events of today should effectively put to rest all that ethnoreligious politicking that PDP is known for.

We look forward to a very productive National Assembly.

Congrats to Saraki.

Congrats to Dagora.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Cc: Seun, Ishilove, Lalasticlala.

Cc: Passingshot, Mynd44, maclatunji, OAM4J, Obiagelli, Gbawe, Donphilopus, Midolian, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu, Chuhbie.
So you have come to the rude realisation that it cannot be reversed after denying the authenticity of the election? This is a good way to let out your frustration, well done there!!! Karma na biatch wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Raziii(m): 12:07am On Jun 10, 2015
Today I give up on APC... Cus the only difference between the APC and PDP is Buhari... He is our only hope... They don't care about us... If Buhari fails...the APC will be behind it!!! But I know that man won't fail... He is too good to fail!#sad
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Ohammadike: 12:08am On Jun 10, 2015
I am just here to laugh at apc tears and distribute likes to those who deserves it

4 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by UpLoyo: 12:09am On Jun 10, 2015
All I need to know is why is no one shouting about a bill that made 11yr old the consent age for sex in Nigeria. This is horrible beyond measure, this is a national tragedy and no one seems to care!!! This baboons and opportunistic bastar.ds voted to pass this as law and no one is saying nothing!!! I pray anyone that voted yes on such bill shall die a horrible death of cancer along with their entire household. Who is supposed to fight for these young girls!!!

[size=24pt]Every Nigeria Senator that voted yes on the bill for 11yr as the consent age for sex. Shall die, their families shall mourn and shall not be comforted, violently they shall be removed front he land of the living. They shall find their portion in the grave. Their path becomes slippery and their ways become dark. In sorrows shall they live their days. Their children and their generations after them shall never live in health, theY shall be hunted down like dogs in the street and shall be at the mercies of their enemies all the days of their lives. Their children shall be vagabonds, their wives shall be widowed, and their husbands shall be widowers. And no man shall hear their cry when they cry for help, it shall be far from them. SO SHALL IT BE.

Anyone that voted for a 6th grader to be having sex deserves to die. These are not law makers, these are animals that need their heads cut off
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by calaharry: 12:12am On Jun 10, 2015
calaharry:
...Lol many ppl are suffering from INVISIBLE IGNORANCE......this is restitution era for all these so-called leaders to redeem themselves or perish while trying to commit more harm to this nation...whts gonna be is gonna be irrespective of wht anyone says,sovereign Nigeria will rise again strong and viable in my own generation. THAT IS THE VERDICT, NO MATTER THE RHETORICS THAT PEOPLE ARE PROPAGATING HERE AND THERE, PERIOD.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Ohammadike: 12:16am On Jun 10, 2015
ndcide:
What I hate about this thread are;

1, Omenka still thinks APC is in a way Better that PDP. This is sickening.

2, Omenka saw nothing wrong when Saraki left PDP for APC, But felt sad that Saraki had an alliance with PDP.... what rubbish.

3, Omenka will not have any problem with Saraki being the sole candidate of APC for senate president... The only wrong doing by Saraki, is the PDP support he had...... so shameful.

4, Omenka will not mind a one party APC state because of his blind support for anything APC.... that's too shallow.

I have my reservation about the events of today . However, I support the way it played out in the red chambers. Omenka's view of this issue is myopic...

What makes lawan a better candidate than Saraki?
What's wrong in Saraki's position that the contest should be open to all especially since PDP was not in the contest.
If the issue of Tambulwa was JUST, for the ACN/APC ,why were they afraid that such would repeat itself this time.

Look, PDP is not the problem of Nigeria. Nigerians are the problem.... How? We don't want to tell ourselves the truth.

Any problem that is taking too long to resolve in Nigeria, Just know we somehow, don't want to say the truth about it.

And for Ethnicity in politics, It is real in Nigeria. That people downplay it sometimes just for the sake of peace, or to get some of their desires does not mean it's not an issue..... Is Omenka ignorant of the fact that Buhari's candidacy was hinged on northern quest for central power?

Please don't kill the truth.

God bless the hand that typed this glorious message to dat hypocrite called omenka

5 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Ohammadike: 12:20am On Jun 10, 2015
Jackrich:
Medicine after death my friend.

Now you can cry me an ocean ,boy.

Buhahahahhaa......By the time these Hausas and Fulanis herdsmen will start their madness in your middle belt states you'll understand the magnitude of your online rants that supported and landed the North in power. grin

Oya carry biro write 'I am a fool' grin

Barcanista,firefire,mizmycoli,temitemi1,anonimi, Phockphockman and mogidi you people should come and see a fool at 40, the all knowing Omenka, the smeagol of NL is crying like a girl that missed her period when the fucckery just started . grin
bros i dey feel you.Fulani neva begin sef.middle belt go hear am.There brother mr why are ur people killing my people is in power

4 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by TopGee: 12:21am On Jun 10, 2015
@OP - I don't understand your point here, both Lawal and Saraki are Northerners. Maybe, you're talking of fellow Southerners denying Gbajiamila Speakership. But if he had emerged as Speaker, it would still be of no benefit to the South-East and South-South. The harm of betrayal had already been done during Presidential election, and the North will continue to have it all because South West will always be without the support of the other two regions from the South, and the two regions will be without South West. Then, lets see how South will grow politically. It is one Nigeria devoid of ethnicity and religion. Lets continue to pretend but lets not cry.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Jackrich: 12:24am On Jun 10, 2015
Ohammadike:
bros i dey feel you.Fulani neva begin sef.middle belt go hear am.There brother mr why are ur people killing my people is in power
You don't tell a mad man that war is on the horizon ,he will figure that out without being told by anyone. grin
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by aresa: 12:29am On Jun 10, 2015
I really don't see the sense and wisdom in selling out, betraying and disadvantaging your own party back just because of power or party differences. This reflects poor judgement, opportunism, untrustworthiness and dubious characteristics.

Funny enough, PDP won't sell out, yield ground or advantage to benefit the APC in anyway, only weak, power hungry men with zero honor handicaps their own party for petty gains..

We borrowed democracy from America and I don't see the republican or democratic party in America betraying or disadvantaging their party for common leadership positions, you see such absurdities only in Nigeria.

I truly admire PMB for staying above the fray.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by munky(m): 12:31am On Jun 10, 2015
omenka:
Good evening all.

This thread isn't created to spite any one or any people. It is just a wake up call to majority Nigerians, who happen to be very poor at remembering events of history and how they are meant to shape our thought processes and indeed orientation.

Now, very interesting events happened in the last 24 hours in our National Legislative Chambers. Both chambers were inaugurated and their leadership elected. APC being the dominant party clinched the top spots in both chambers, but as we all know, PDP and her supporters seem to be the most jubilant party over the outcome of the elections, why, one might be tempted to ask.

In the run up to the general elections, Saraki whom PDP supported doggedly in the just concluded NASS election, was hounded by the same party, threatened with all manner of sanctions that eventually culminated in his exit from the party. His rift with the party (PDP) and the presidency back then, began with his blowing the lid on what has come to be known as the biggest heist in the nation's history- the Subsidy Scam- which ran into tens of billions of dollars. He was buffeted from all sides with all manner of allegations and barely survived having himself locked up in jail. He eventually found a sanctuary in the opposition, now the ruling party.

Now, inexplicably, the same party that threw everything but the kitchen sink at this recalcitrant and rebellious congressman sees him as a valiant, their knight in shining armour. Wonders huh? Well they voted for him in the absence of half of the members of the Senate as the Senate president, case closed., and for what?- just to spite the opposition, maybe, and to have their man as the Deputy.

In the Green Chamber, Dagora emerged the Speaker. I know quite little about him, but nevertheless, that is immaterial to the crux of this piece.

Here's what my problem is: during the electioneering campaigns, Nigerians/electorates were subjected to all manner of divisive and potentially catastrophic propaganda from the PDP. To mention a few, we saw things like-

3. Buhari has fossilised ideas and cannot lead a 21st century country effectively.

8. APC is a party akin to the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt. It is dominated by Muslims and Northerners.

Most of the points listed above were propagated and hammered on by same people who are jubilant over the emergence of Dagora and Saraki as Speaker HoR and Senate President respectively. Dagora is a Northerner, Saraki is from North Central (includes christian dominated states such as Taraba, plateau, Benue, but when the time comes, PDP will call him a "Northerner", and when you say "North", everyone thinks "Islam/Muslim). It is necessary putting this in writing because a time will come, perhaps in 2019, when PDP would want to replay that ethnic, religious, and regional cards which appears to be the only ammo in their arsenal- polarise Nigerians along these lines, have them vote based on these sentiments, and see to your retention in office!

Now, the situation we have at present shows Three of the Top Four Positions are occupied by "Northerners" but PDP is happy about it and apparently has no qualms whatsoever with the arrangement.

I have always been against all that North, South, East, West, Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo politicking. It has never and will never be the panacea to Nigeria's innumerable problems. Have always been pro Nigeria and would always support whoever it is that gets into an office as far as their competence isn't in doubt.

Without the support of PDP, what happened today wouldn't have happened, so we would hold them to account when the time comes, and remind them of their lofty stance at this time.

The events of today should effectively put to rest all that ethnoreligious politicking that PDP is known for.

Congrats to Saraki.

Congrats to Dagora.

Cc: Passingshot, Mynd44, maclatunji, OAM4J, Obiagelli, Gbawe, Donphilopus, Midolian, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu, Chuhbie.

Thanks for your good observation. However, I think you should try to practice what you preach. I remember during the election campaigns you were at the forefront of castigating one tribe in particular. The thing you don't realise is equity and fairness breeds unity and fraternity. When you try to dominate people based of ehnicity or past there are bound to be uprisings.

I pray our leaders start seeing Nigeria first before ethnic affiliations because that's the only way for us to develop as a nation. APC and PDP are both guilty of playing on people's emotions. They do it for their own gain. During the last elections as PDP were using tribe and religion in the presidential elections, APC deployed same tactics in the governorship elections. There are no saints in Nigerian politics.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by DipoDaniel: 12:35am On Jun 10, 2015
Ignorant Emeka...ye ye
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by emjames(m): 12:42am On Jun 10, 2015
i want to sell my iphone 5s here in abuja very clean only serious buyer should call me on 08066211128
omenka:
Good evening all.

Congrats to Saraki.

Congrats to Dagora.

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Mrco2: 12:44am On Jun 10, 2015
Just saw a recap of the events in the Senate that there was a grand plan by A PC senators and PDP senators . The election for the post of Deputy Senate President was also a set up. Ndume belongs to the Saraki . The battle just begun waiting to see what the APC leadership will do because their actions will either make or further mar the party because it's not just Saraki day went against their directive but about 25 senators. I really doubt if the leadership of APC knows what they are up against. Time will tell.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Dmetro: 12:45am On Jun 10, 2015
Let us not put our hope or trust in any of these people, from the president speaker to the last the local governmen, but let hope and pray that, God will use them to bring his plans to Nigeria and restore to us years wasted by previous government.
Good morning
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Dmetro: 12:48am On Jun 10, 2015
Let us not put our hope or trust in any of these people, from the president, speaker to the last the local government, but let us hope and pray that God will use them to bring his plans to Nigeria and restore to us years wasted by previous government.
Good morning
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 10, 2015
I really love this politics game...
this shows a higher level of intelligence...
there is something about power that the likes of obj
and tinubu don't get.....
power is just like sand grains the more one grips it
the more one will lose it....
buhari clearly used obj and tinubu who are hungry for
power...
but this Nigeria made game is unpredictable saraki
and dogora may not leave APC ( shocks may be unleashed) ...
all I want is a better Nigeria
God bless Nigeria
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by sunsewa: 12:51am On Jun 10, 2015
omenka:
Good evening all.

Congrats to Saraki.

Congrats to Dagora.

Omenka is an Igbo meaning name,but I don't want to bug myself ur tribe,but all I have to say is that Abubakar Bukola Saraki is an Hausa speaking yorubaman,just like Nwuche,Opara,Odili,Amaechi,Wike,Second us,Okowa,are Igbo by blood, but from south- south region,rivers state and delta state don't change their original tongue, saraki is Yoruba beni.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by lakesidepapa(m): 12:53am On Jun 10, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
PDP wanted to play a spoiler, that is just it and nothing else! Even a dumb person can still disobey his party and pull this Coup off! So Nothing Superfluous here!

Had APC supported Saraki, PDP would have voted Lawan

Is just that simple

They just wanted to know who APC supported, so that they can support any 'rebel' that crops up!

Even in an advanced democracy like USA, the power of Nomination of speakers and leaders are done by the Political parties
Only one nomination is presented to whole house for voting!

Let's watch as events unfold!
People bringing Tinubu are just being mischevious

The man has achieved 80% of all he wanted in life.

And history shows that Dogara and Saraki have effectively shut themselves out of APC!

But wait sis, I guess the newly speaker and the newly Sp can be impeach able by apc's legislators since they are the majority in the both chambers. Power of majority can still work for them in the future.

It really sucks to have the power of those legislatives to be rule by those old thieves
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by seguntijan(m): 1:05am On Jun 10, 2015
Auwal Sani Anwar~

ON SARAKI, BUHARI AND THE SENATE PRESIDENCY
In my humble opinion, what happened today is neither bad for President Buhari's station nor is it for the massive agents of change that stood in the sun and the rain to give him the baton of leadership. Unlike many other core Buharists that are overcome with sadness and disappointment, I am cautiously optimistic and to some extent celebrating. Let me explain.
1. For President Buhari, he has proven to Nigerians that he is a man of his words for in spite of extreme pressure from and political maneuvers by the APC party apparatchik, he remained resolute in his decision not to interfere with the process of selection of the National Assembly leaders. When they announced today that he would mediate in the morning, I could not believe it one bit. They probably thought announcing it publicly would compel him to interfere. Buhari did not even turn up at the venue. And I want to believe this singular act must convince everyone including his party that it is not going to be business as usual. In a recent interview Buhari had said that history had shown that interfering in NASS election affairs had never augured well for the executives. He would do differently, and he did.
2. For Bukola Saraki, congratulations are in order. Many would think that the nPDP faction have finally had their say, perhaps even way. Yet I think this is a triumph of an extraordinary personal ambition by someone that knew exactly where he wanted to be regardless of the consequences. It's Niccholo Machiavelli in flesh and blood. However, for people like that, getting the prize is just the beginning of their 'interesting' lives. That he will be fighting too many battles on all fronts is not in doubt; it's a question of whether he is able to be a cat with nine lives. No faction is really happy with him. PDP sees him as a 'traitor' that they think they have now used to hit APC leadership and get a foothold in the NASS leadership. With the recent Supreme Court ruling, nobody can defect from one party to another without vacating his seat, except where the party is factionalized at the national level. For this reason Saraki will never defect, hence PDP has zero shot at the Presidency. Now, when President Buhari submits bills in line with APC programmes, Saraki will not be unwise enough to team up with PDP elements to stop it. The day he does that is the day he would face the real wrath of the party. And at that time, President Buhari would not be a disinterested party with whatever that connotes. If Saraki dare does that, the party can now use its internal mechanism to 'take care of the Saraki problem' with the President fully involved. Because Buhari would then see Saraki as a thorn on his road of saving Nigerians.
A wise Saraki, who was Machiavellian enough to get there, will know that 'sucking up' to the President and his programmes is his best route. In fact, I expect him to quickly begin mending fences with the APC leadership for his own survival. A word is enough for the wise.
3. For Nigerians, I think this is a good, interesting start. A situation where you've a vibrant legislature is good for democracy. A good legislature should not be a rubber stamp to the executive arm. A visual apparition suggesting that one politician has pocketed the key leadership of the nation does not have a high feel good factor. His place in the history of Nigerian politics is already indelible. That alone should be enough for that hero of democracy. I believe for the roles the PDP components played in his emergence, Saraki will ensure they do not feel that their opinions are irrelevant in the scheme of things. After all, he may need them soon and again. This will ensure that all bills are scrutinized for the benefit of Nigerians before being passed by the APC majority house.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Why Dino Melaye Is Against Me" - Governor Yahaya Bello / Adam Idoko's Death: Buhari Commiserates With South-East Muslims / Bayo Onanuga Speaks On Leadership Crisis In Labor Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.