Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events (25232 Views)

Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos / Fayose Attacks APC Again With An Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Tribune(pic / Look At What PDP Published On Page 5 Of Today's Guardian News Paper. (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by seguntijan(m): 1:06am On Jun 10, 2015
In my humble opinion, what happened today is neither bad for President Buhari's station nor is it for the massive agents of change that stood in the sun and the rain to give him the baton of leadership. Unlike many other core Buharists that are overcome with sadness and disappointment, I am cautiously optimistic and to some extent celebrating. Let me explain.
1. For President Buhari, he has proven to Nigerians that he is a man of his words for in spite of extreme pressure from and political maneuvers by the APC party apparatchik, he remained resolute in his decision not to interfere with the process of selection of the National Assembly leaders. When they announced today that he would mediate in the morning, I could not believe it one bit. They probably thought announcing it publicly would compel him to interfere. Buhari did not even turn up at the venue. And I want to believe this singular act must convince everyone including his party that it is not going to be business as usual. In a recent interview Buhari had said that history had shown that interfering in NASS election affairs had never augured well for the executives. He would do differently, and he did.
2. For Bukola Saraki, congratulations are in order. Many would think that the nPDP faction have finally had their say, perhaps even way. Yet I think this is a triumph of an extraordinary personal ambition by someone that knew exactly where he wanted to be regardless of the consequences. It's Niccholo Machiavelli in flesh and blood. However, for people like that, getting the prize is just the beginning of their 'interesting' lives. That he will be fighting too many battles on all fronts is not in doubt; it's a question of whether he is able to be a cat with nine lives. No faction is really happy with him. PDP sees him as a 'traitor' that they think they have now used to hit APC leadership and get a foothold in the NASS leadership. With the recent Supreme Court ruling, nobody can defect from one party to another without vacating his seat, except where the party is factionalized at the national level. For this reason Saraki will never defect, hence PDP has zero shot at the Presidency. Now, when President Buhari submits bills in line with APC programmes, Saraki will not be unwise enough to team up with PDP elements to stop it. The day he does that is the day he would face the real wrath of the party. And at that time, President Buhari would not be a disinterested party with whatever that connotes. If Saraki dare does that, the party can now use its internal mechanism to 'take care of the Saraki problem' with the President fully involved. Because Buhari would then see Saraki as a thorn on his road of saving Nigerians.
A wise Saraki, who was Machiavellian enough to get there, will know that 'sucking up' to the President and his programmes is his best route. In fact, I expect him to quickly begin mending fences with the APC leadership for his own survival. A word is enough for the wise.
3. For Nigerians, I think this is a good, interesting start. A situation where you've a vibrant legislature is good for democracy. A good legislature should not be a rubber stamp to the executive arm. A visual apparition suggesting that one politician has pocketed the key leadership of the nation does not have a high feel good factor. His place in the history of Nigerian politics is already indelible. That alone should be enough for that hero of democracy. I believe for the roles the PDP components played in his emergence, Saraki will ensure they do not feel that their opinions are irrelevant in the scheme of things. After all, he may need them soon and again. This will ensure that all bills are scrutinized for the benefit of Nigerians before being passed by the APC majority house.

7 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by badman007(m): 1:10am On Jun 10, 2015
eph12:
You should be glad we are gradually freeing ourselves from the shackles of ehnic and religious bias. This is a good start.

Are we really?

Igbo politicians have been pushed to the curbs for as long as I have existed... Let's not deceive ourselves, Nigeria is only peaceful when the Northerners have their way.

Power has been sheared by our Hausa and Yoruba brothers, but sadly, we the igbos would still fight ourselves over the left overs, thank you very much!
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by nortcentrallord(m): 1:53am On Jun 10, 2015
mandhi:

APC never use propaganda to unsit PDP out of power but rather they used thesame medium to tarnish the image of the APC Leaders. Do your research before commenting pls.

Every word that makes my sentence is well researched. I am a Nigerian and I know what I am saying. I also believe you know the truth too. All I care for is the well being of every Nigerian no matter who's balls is being broken.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Bkdson2121: 2:07am On Jun 10, 2015
Story teller well done n alwaays remind urselves too of the corruption u told nigerians u will be dealing with but nw formed the major part of xistence as a party.

omenka:
Good evening all.

This thread isn't created to spite any one or any people. It is just a wake up call to majority Nigerians, who happen to be very poor at remembering events of history and how they are meant to shape our thought processes and indeed orientation.

Now, very interesting events happened in the last 24 hours in our National Legislative Chambers. Both chambers were inaugurated and their leadership elected. APC being the dominant party clinched the top spots in both chambers, but as we all know, PDP and her supporters seem to be the most jubilant party over the outcome of the elections, why, one might be tempted to ask.

In the run up to the general elections, Saraki whom PDP supported doggedly in the just concluded NASS election, was hounded by the same party, threatened with all manner of sanctions that eventually culminated in his exit from the party. His rift with the party (PDP) and the presidency back then, began with his blowing the lid on what has come to be known as the biggest heist in the nation's history- the Subsidy Scam- which ran into tens of billions of dollars. He was buffeted from all sides with all manner of allegations and barely survived having himself locked up in jail. He eventually found a sanctuary in the opposition, now the ruling party.

Now, inexplicably, the same party that threw everything but the kitchen sink at this recalcitrant and rebellious congressman sees him as a valiant, their knight in shining armour. Wonders huh? Well they voted for him in the absence of half of the members of the Senate as the Senate president, case closed., and for what?- just to spite the opposition, maybe, and to have their man as the Deputy.

In the Green Chamber, Dagora emerged the Speaker. I know quite little about him, but nevertheless, that is immaterial to the crux of this piece.

Here's what my problem is: during the electioneering campaigns, Nigerians/electorates were subjected to all manner of divisive and potentially catastrophic propaganda from the PDP. To mention a few, we saw things like-

1. Buhari is too old to be a leader.

2. Buhari is a terrorist sponsor.

3. Buhari has fossilised ideas and cannot lead a 21st century country effectively.

4. Buhari has prostate cancer and might die soon.

5. Buhari's candidacy is a product Northern conspiracy for National domination.

6. Buhari is "tribalistic".

7. The Northerners suffer from a "Born to Rule Syndrome".

8. APC is a party akin to the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt. It is dominated by Muslims and Northerners.

And others too numerous to mention.

Numbers 5-8 are my major concern.

Most of the points listed above were propagated and hammered on by same people who are jubilant over the emergence of Dagora and Saraki as Speaker HoR and Senate President respectively. Dagora is a Northerner, Saraki is from North Central (includes christian dominated states such as Taraba, plateau, Benue, but when the time comes, PDP will call him a "Northerner", and when you say "North", everyone thinks "Islam/Muslim). It is necessary putting this in writing because a time will come, perhaps in 2019, when PDP would want to replay that ethnic, religious, and regional cards which appears to be the only ammo in their arsenal- polarise Nigerians along these lines, have them vote based on these sentiments, and see to your retention in office!

Now, the situation we have at present shows Three of the Top Four Positions are occupied by "Northerners" but PDP is happy about it and apparently has no qualms whatsoever with the arrangement.

I have always been against all that North, South, East, West, Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo politicking. It has never and will never be the panacea to Nigeria's innumerable problems. Have always been pro Nigeria and would always support whoever it is that gets into an office as far as their competence isn't in doubt.

Without the support of PDP, what happened today wouldn't have happened, so we would hold them to account when the time comes, and remind them of their lofty stance at this time.

The events of today should effectively put to rest all that ethnoreligious politicking that PDP is known for.

We look forward to a very productive National Assembly.

Congrats to Saraki.

Congrats to Dagora.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Cc: Seun, Ishilove, Lalasticlala.

Cc: Passingshot, Mynd44, maclatunji, OAM4J, Obiagelli, Gbawe, Donphilopus, Midolian, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu, Chuhbie.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Demdem(m): 2:15am On Jun 10, 2015
Good points the op raised no doubt. Personally, am not moved a bit about whatever leadership tussle that happened in the NASS. Buhari I want, buhari I know, buhari is in charge as against Jonah-daft and that's all that matters. The only true agent of change I know of.
However, i await those fools that will latter come online to spew rubbish about northern agenda bullshit. These eediots will be severally taken care of. Yesterday's event is more than enough to shut their trap.

3 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Francis5: 3:11am On Jun 10, 2015
JackBaueress1:
Don't my them my Prince charming. There's nothing like payback time. The southwest has nothing to lose as the region is well represented. abi is bukola saraki not a Yoruba man again?

Female yoruigbo goat. Saraki is from NC not SW. He has no political affiliation with SW. We are talking democracy here, not tribal mumbo jumbo.

4 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by peegirl(f): 3:18am On Jun 10, 2015
aventura:
your analysis is flawed. One sided perspective.

Issokey..

Where is own??
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by peegirl(f): 3:18am On Jun 10, 2015
aventura:

Issokey..

Where is your own??
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by peegirl(f): 3:26am On Jun 10, 2015
badman007:

Are we really?

Igbo politicians have been pushed to the curbs for as long as I have existed... Let's not deceive ourselves, Nigeria is only peaceful when the Northerners have their way.

Power has been sheared by our Hausa and Yoruba brothers, but sadly, we the igbos would still fight ourselves over the left overs, thank you very much!

But you Igbo's are also rejoicing dat the North won yesterday's elections.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by peegirl(f): 3:36am On Jun 10, 2015
aventura:

Issokey..

Where is your own??

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by peegirl(f): 3:44am On Jun 10, 2015
seguntijan:

In my humble opinion, what happened today is neither bad for President Buhari's station nor is it for the massive agents of change that stood in the sun and the rain to give him the baton of leadership. Unlike many other core Buharists that are overcome with sadness and disappointment, I am cautiously optimistic and to some extent celebrating. Let me explain.
1. For President Buhari, he has proven to Nigerians that he is a man of his words for in spite of extreme pressure from and political maneuvers by the APC party apparatchik, he remained resolute in his decision not to interfere with the process of selection of the National Assembly leaders. When they announced today that he would mediate in the morning, I could not believe it one bit. They probably thought announcing it publicly would compel him to interfere. Buhari did not even turn up at the venue. And I want to believe this singular act must convince everyone including his party that it is not going to be business as usual. In a recent interview Buhari had said that history had shown that interfering in NASS election affairs had never augured well for the executives. He would do differently, and he did.
2. For Bukola Saraki, congratulations are in order. Many would think that the nPDP faction have finally had their say, perhaps even way. Yet I think this is a triumph of an extraordinary personal ambition by someone that knew exactly where he wanted to be regardless of the consequences. It's Niccholo Machiavelli in flesh and blood. However, for people like that, getting the prize is just the beginning of their 'interesting' lives. That he will be fighting too many battles on all fronts is not in doubt; it's a question of whether he is able to be a cat with nine lives. No faction is really happy with him. PDP sees him as a 'traitor' that they think they have now used to hit APC leadership and get a foothold in the NASS leadership. With the recent Supreme Court ruling, nobody can defect from one party to another without vacating his seat, except where the party is factionalized at the national level. For this reason Saraki will never defect, hence PDP has zero shot at the Presidency. Now, when President Buhari submits bills in line with APC programmes, Saraki will not be unwise enough to team up with PDP elements to stop it. The day he does that is the day he would face the real wrath of the party. And at that time, President Buhari would not be a disinterested party with whatever that connotes. If Saraki dare does that, the party can now use its internal mechanism to 'take care of the Saraki problem' with the President fully involved. Because Buhari would then see Saraki as a thorn on his road of saving Nigerians.
A wise Saraki, who was Machiavellian enough to get there, will know that 'sucking up' to the President and his programmes is his best route. In fact, I expect him to quickly begin mending fences with the APC leadership for his own survival. A word is enough for the wise.
3. For Nigerians, I think this is a good, interesting start. A situation where you've a vibrant legislature is good for democracy. A good legislature should not be a rubber stamp to the executive arm. A visual apparition suggesting that one politician has pocketed the key leadership of the nation does not have a high feel good factor. His place in the history of Nigerian politics is already indelible. That alone should be enough for that hero of democracy. I believe for the roles the PDP components played in his emergence, Saraki will ensure they do not feel that their opinions are irrelevant in the scheme of things. After all, he may need them soon and again. This will ensure that all bills are scrutinized for the benefit of Nigerians before being passed by the APC majority house.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by peegirl(f): 3:45am On Jun 10, 2015
seguntijan:

Gbam!
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by denifajiyo: 5:04am On Jun 10, 2015
Start making cash right now... Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. Start bringing up to $8423 a month. I've started this job and I've never been happier and now I am sharing it with you, so you can try it too. You can check it out here
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+ http://www.netcash5.com
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Johnrake69: 5:07am On Jun 10, 2015
omenka:

In the run up to the general elections, Saraki whom PDP supported doggedly in the just concluded NASS election, was hounded by the same party, threatened with all manner of sanctions that eventually culminated in his exit from the party. His rift with the party (PDP) and the presidency back then, began with his blowing the lid on what has come to be known as the biggest heist in the nation's history- the Subsidy Scam- which ran into tens of billions of dollars. He was buffeted from all sides with all manner of allegations and barely survived having himself locked up in jail. He eventually found a sanctuary in the opposition, now the ruling party.

Saraki simply left pdp because of his rebellious character. He has no allegience, his loyalty is to himself and the apc gladly accepted him out of desperation. And as they say a leopard never changes it spots. And again were you expecting pdp to obey apc leadership's directive as regards the choice of candidate? undecided. Am glad that our democracy is growing and I hope the 8th assembly won't be business as usual cos the masses are now aware politically. Lets keep party affiliation aside and hold those we have now chosen to pilot the affairs of this great nation acountable to every word they utter and every action they take. Enough is enough. Peace my brother.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by lumzybo: 5:08am On Jun 10, 2015
seguntijan:

Well said bro.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by uprightman(m): 5:10am On Jun 10, 2015
omenka:
My point is, hope PDP doesn't make any attempt to go back to its old ways of playing those divisive cards when the time comes.

You see, they played this how they did because of Ekweremadu not minding the "lopsided" (not like I care where the leaders of the chambers come from) appearance of the positions.

Tomorrow, these same people would cry of "marginalisation of the South" when they are soliciting votes and Nigerians being as forgetful as they are, would fall for their tricks.
this thing doesn't come on its own. is through negotiations. it shocked your group that are challebrate exclusion of south east.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by JuanDeDios: 5:42am On Jun 10, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
PDP wanted to play a spoiler, that is just it and nothing else! Even a dumb person can still disobey his party and pull this Coup off! So Nothing Superfluous here!

Had APC supported Saraki, PDP would have voted Lawan

Is just that simple

They just wanted to know who APC supported, so that they can support any 'rebel' that crops up!

Even in an advanced democracy like USA, the power of Nomination of speakers and leaders are done by the Political parties
Only one nomination is presented to whole house for voting!

Let's watch as events unfold!
People bringing Tinubu are just being mischevious

The man has achieved 80% of all he wanted in life.

And history shows that Dogara and Saraki have effectively shut themselves out of APC!
Brilliant analysis.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 5:50am On Jun 10, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
PDP wanted to play a spoiler, that is just it and nothing else! Even a dumb person can still disobey his party and pull this Coup off! So Nothing Superfluous here!

Had APC supported Saraki, PDP would have voted Lawan

Is just that simple

They just wanted to know who APC supported, so that they can support any 'rebel' that crops up!

Even in an advanced democracy like USA, the power of Nomination of speakers and leaders are done by the Political parties
Only one nomination is presented to whole house for voting!

Let's watch as events unfold!
People bringing Tinubu are just being mischevious

The man has achieved 80% of all he wanted in life.

And history shows that Dogara and Saraki have effectively shut themselves out of APC!

What helps advanced democracy like the USA is good internal party politics. If this was found in the APC buhari would neva emerge the presidential flag bearer Atiku will. Rember how hilary cliton and obama slugged it out for the democrats slot. If the percived jaban influnce was not known in APC then the party would have produced a unanimous candidate for these position. U say sariki and dogora has been abandoned by the party. Even buhari knows if he does not work for the nothern aganda he is as good as done. Tinubu could not deliver the SW for him. This is what PDP wants to show nigerians that they made the wrong choice. By voting buhari. Do u think the SW progresive support the northern aganda they have their own agenda but with SS resources. With the dwindling oil price and no one wants to buy our oil buhari would find it hard to deliver on his promises. The first major test of buhari is the 2016 budget let's see how they distribute the wealth. The truth just as the north undermined jonathan govt. The SS has far more powers to undermine any govt and the SE is ready to give them the numbers when we told u guys during the campaigns u shrugged it off. Now its happening in ur face.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Zumah(m): 5:55am On Jun 10, 2015
Omenka, hoping that u understand igbo language, all i will tell you is " gi mara amara taa mu ara n"isi asoghi uburu, mu ga ata gi n'ike asoghi nsi. If the South West cum Tinubu Apc should reject what was for them ( Speakership) in 2011 because they want a different candidate mor that what the ruling party wanted then, why will Pdp cum South West care now if they are in the same position Apc was four years ago. The botttom line is that the issue of zoning is gradually becoming a thing of the past just that the minority are the ones suffering it.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 10, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by ideykwum: 6:00am On Jun 10, 2015
Are you honestly saying that APC did not play divisive politics, before and after the election? Have you forgotten the Igbos and the Lagoon saga? Or the seizing of PVCs in Lagos? Or the "don't vote for an infidel" mantra in the North? Or the "GEJ is a clueless Otuoke fisherman" chant? Or the call to barr SS/SE from appointments after, because they didn't support APC en mass? Please try and remain the objective guy I often see on Nairaland!

Divisive politics, overtly and covertly, were practised by both sides!!

omenka:
My point is, hope PDP doesn't make any attempt to go back to its old ways of playing those divisive cards when the time comes.

You see, they played this how they did because of Ekweremadu not minding the "lopsided" (not like I care where the leaders of the chambers come from) appearance of the positions.

Tomorrow, these same people would cry of "marginalisation of the South" when they are soliciting votes and Nigerians being as forgetful as they are, would fall for their tricks.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by eph12(m): 6:02am On Jun 10, 2015
badman007:

Are we really?

Brother am going to tell you why i can't fight for someone from my region to be in power. This is because they are all the same selfish bastards. The only time Awgu, the hometown of deputy senate president, had good light when i served there was when he was around. Nothing was done there to show their son was occupying a top position in the country. Benue is not different. If only these guys use their positions to improve their hometown and surroundings then there will be a just call to put our "brother" there. But for now the only ones that do benefit from such positions are family and close friends.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by mandhi(m): 6:03am On Jun 10, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Every word that makes my sentence is well researched. I am a Nigerian and I know what I am saying. I also believe you know the truth too. All I care for is the well being of every Nigerian no matter who's balls is being broken.
Sincerely hope so. Rest my case.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by ideykwum: 6:06am On Jun 10, 2015
The first tribalistic comment, and it had to come from a slowpoke! Who has mentioned Igbo or Yoruba here? Why must you think through that prism of hatred? Na wa ooo!!

after1:

I am only laughing at you gullibles doing follow follow to people mocking your region for voting for there choice. More reason i group you all together, how is Tinubu equals to SW that you and your fellow Igbo bigots are throwing stones at the SW. I hope you dont preach to me when we start our own. Awon alatenuje to nfo wo osi juwe ile baba won.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by ibietela2(m): 6:16am On Jun 10, 2015
[s]
omenka:
Good evening all.

This thread isn't created to spite any one or any people. It is just a wake up call to majority Nigerians, who happen to be very poor at remembering events of history and how they are meant to shape our thought processes and indeed orientation.

Now, very interesting events happened in the last 24 hours in our National Legislative Chambers. Both chambers were inaugurated and their leadership elected. APC being the dominant party clinched the top spots in both chambers, but as we all know, PDP and her supporters seem to be the most jubilant party over the outcome of the elections, why, one might be tempted to ask.

Now, inexplicably, the same party that threw everything but the kitchen sink at this recalcitrant and rebellious congressman sees him as a valiant, their knight in shining armour. Wonders huh? Well they voted for him in the absence of half of the members of the Senate as the Senate president, case closed., and for what?- just to spite the opposition, maybe, and to have their man as the Deputy.

In the Green Chamber, Dagora emerged the Speaker. I know quite little about him, but nevertheless, that is immaterial to the crux of this piece.

Here's what my problem is: during the electioneering campaigns, Nigerians/electorates were subjected to all manner of divisive and potentially catastrophic propaganda from the PDP. To mention a few, we saw things like-

3. Buhari has fossilised ideas and cannot lead a 21st century country effectively.

8. APC is a party akin to the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt. It is dominated by Muslims and Northerners.

Most of the points listed above were propagated and hammered on by same people who are jubilant over the emergence of Dagora and Saraki as Speaker HoR and Senate President respectively. Dagora is a Northerner, Saraki is from North Central (includes christian dominated states such as Taraba, plateau, Benue, but when the time comes, PDP will call him a "Northerner", and when you say "North", everyone thinks "Islam/Muslim). It is necessary putting this in writing because a time will come, perhaps in 2019, when PDP would want to replay that ethnic, religious, and regional cards which appears to be the only ammo in their arsenal- polarise Nigerians along these lines, have them vote based on these sentiments, and see to your retention in office!

Now, the situation we have at present shows Three of the Top Four Positions are occupied by "Northerners" but PDP is happy about it and apparently has no qualms whatsoever with the arrangement.

I have always been against all that North, South, East, West, Muslim, Christian, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo politicking. It has never and will never be the panacea to Nigeria's innumerable problems. Have always been pro Nigeria and would always support whoever it is that gets into an office as far as their competence isn't in doubt.

Without the support of PDP, what happened today wouldn't have happened, so we would hold them to account when the time comes, and remind them of their lofty stance at this time.

The events of today should effectively put to rest all that ethnoreligious politicking that PDP is known for.

Congrats to Saraki.

Congrats to Dagora.

Cc: Passingshot, Mynd44, maclatunji, OAM4J, Obiagelli, Gbawe, Donphilopus, Midolian, Beremx, NgeneUkwenu, Chuhbie.
[/s]

[size=48pt]TRASH[/size]
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by omenka(m): 6:22am On Jun 10, 2015
munky:

Thanks for your good observation. However, I think you should try to practice what you preach. I remember during the election campaigns you were at the forefront of castigating one tribe in particular.
You lie. Never have, Never will. And that is a fact anyone whose been following my posts on this forum can attest to. I challenge you to show me such posts I made that shows I was at the "forefront of canstigating a particular tribe."

If you want an argument/debate, bring it on, but when you start with such a lie, I most likely not to take you seriously.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Amanwulu1(m): 6:27am On Jun 10, 2015
Redoil:
And ur point is? PDP arm twisted the so called progressives with cow dung for brain and you dare open a useless thread to spite PDP and and to praise APC for their foolishness and stupidity.
If you know that APC are foo.ls for playing into the hand of PDP click like.
If you know that are learners when it comes to armtwisting in politics click share.
d op doesn't even care about apc perform or not yet he wnt those wiser dan him to believe he is pro nigeria. His only concern is let apc remain in power at all cost cos of his anti pdp posture.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by fairygeh(f): 6:31am On Jun 10, 2015
All I could deduce from this post is an angry man obviously pained by the result of yesterday's NASS results.

Learn to Live with it dear,i am saying get used to those men.
Afterall, GEJ supporters have come to accept and expect the best from GMB's administration,you also should expect the best from these new NASS leaders and don't be pessimistic.
PEACE
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by mathelo(m): 6:31am On Jun 10, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]I wish we can just fold our arms and watch this drama. You don't analyse half data of an event. Let all see what will happen, I promise you guys that this is just the beginning.

Watch out for the next episode!!!!!
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Amanwulu1(m): 6:36am On Jun 10, 2015
omenka:
Whichever way they chose to play it is up to them, but they should, for their own good, not feature ethnicity and religion. A rude awakening await them if they do.
do u ever care whether apc deliver on their promises which are very unlikely yet u claim to b pro nigeria. Only dose who don't knw what being a pro nigeria is will take u serious. U're only being annoyingly partisan. Pray to God u see 2019 b4 u resort to threat about what u'll do to pdp, which may turn out to b made up of entirely d ppl u support today as apc.
Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by Onaedose1(m): 6:36am On Jun 10, 2015
omenka:
Good evening all.

Congrats to Saraki.

Congrats to Dagora.

Boss omenka, it is ironical how you said this piece wasn't to spite anyone, yet to spite the PDPis all this piece has done,worse still to blame them for the situation the APC has found itself. I ask you; is Lawan a southerner? and he was the preferred candidate of the APC. The PDP just made judicious use of their block votes in getting their man to be the DSP. Talking about history; in the last PDP administration, 3 of the 4 top positions in the country were occupied by 'Northerners' so what has played out is nothing new.
Lastly, the APC still has her people in key positions, so should just concentrate on governance, whether it can control or 'guide' them is a matter for another day.

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Preservation Of The Memories Of Today's Events by adconline(m): 6:37am On Jun 10, 2015
My observations from 2015 elections..APC and its supporters wanted to run a govt of exclusion and vengeance..they started calling people who didn't vote for them traitors. We wanted APC to take the high road like PDP, but they let theirs followers define them with vitriolic and hateful message of vengeance and exclusion. Fact1, PDP lost to AD in 1999 in southwest , but neither of its supporters nor chieftains called for exclusion of SWners from national appointment. Fact 2: Buhari won in North in 2003, 2007 and 2011 and none of his supporters were called traitors nor killed because of their vote. Their choice was respected unlike what happened in 2015.

In fact, some of ANPP members were offered appointments by OBJ and Yar'dua. When Oba of Lagos threatened Igbos with drowning in Lagos Lagoon, most of these APC fanatics didn't ask who would be the the beneficiary of Igbo votes- Jimi Agbaje, a Yoruba man,was likely to be the beneficiary- so how could you label someone a tribalist when he's actually voting for your kinsman instead of his brother?

GEJ accepted defeat and congratulated GMB; something GMB has never done to any presidents! Amechi, one of GMB's staunch supporters and financiers swore to make Rivers ungovernable by refusing to even hand over..

Tinubu is the first and only Naija to single-handedly pick a VP and impose him on a party. He wanted to hand pick NASS leaders- something no political leader has ever done. Even IBB and co who were alleged to have given OBJ N100m he donated to PDP in 1999, didn't extract such concessions from him. Emeka Offor also donated N200m to OBJ campaign in 1999 and didn't get to impose any candidate.

NASS leadership elections exposed the cracks and greed that bind this fragile union of APC members together- unlike PDP, which always solved its problems internally before NASS leadership elections were held, APC leadership was threatening NASS members who were in disagreement with BOT instead of compromising and rallying behind their preferred candidate.. APC wasted a huge political capital by electing a PDP member as the DSP with a huge implication of having an opposition member in all executive and inner-caucus deliberations- a PDP mole has been openly planted into APC by APC ! This party is on a high speed rail of self implosion or destruction- if I can't have it nobody-is gonna have it mentality.. Buyer remorse has kicked in after all these unfolding events.. These past eclections have brought out the worst racists and greedy folks in us all-Naija is irredeemably sunk!
BTW, I was a GEJ staunch critic and supported GMB and still hoping that he can succeed!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Alex Otti's 53rd Birthday Celebration: Dangote, Amaechi & Obiano Attend (Photos) / APC Governors Leaders Shop For Oshiomhole’s Successor / EndSARS: Omokri’s Petition Against Buhari Removed From Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.