Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,613 members, 7,770,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:15 PM

Is It A Man's World ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Man's World ? (3189 Views)

Photos: Are We In A Man's World? / This Is A Man's World. / 7 Reasons Why I Am Forced To Agree It's A Man's World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Man's World ? by grad2012(f): 9:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
A man sleeps around,marries more than one wife and is praised for it, but a woman marries more than one husband and sleeps around and she's condemned and called foul names for it.

Is it a man's world ?
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Tallesty1(m): 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nope......

It is your local government's world.

8 Likes

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
Of course it is.

A man sleeps around and he is called a player. A woman does the same and she is seen as a _whore.

A man spends money and lives large and he is seen as hard-working and he is accorded respect, but when a woman lives in affluence, she becomes seen as someone who must be keeping many boyfriends or someone who is living off numerous men.

Look around you. The world structures have been organized to favor men. Political structures, Economic structures, Cultural structures and Religious structures all elevate the male gender above the female.

History itself has been written in favor of the male gender.

It's such a shame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by sinaj(f): 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
yea Men own d world

buh Women control Men cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
misssclassy:
Of course it is.

A man sleeps around and he is called a player. A woman does the same and she is seen as a _whore.

A man spends money and lives large and people respect him, but when a woman lives in affluence, she becomes seen as someone who must be keeping many boyfriends.

Look around you. The world structures have been organized to favor men. Political structures, economic structures, and Religious structures all elevate the male gender above the female.

History itself has been written in favor of the male.

It's such a shame.
what do u intend to do about that- I mean your contribution?
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by confistified(m): 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nor b woman cause all our problems so nd u keep saying its a man's world...... after una don make d world hard una come dey hala man's world angry ishilove 1st talk am I quiet nw u come open am as topic undecided
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Cutehector(m): 9:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Its our world, just u and I baby kiss
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
Yes it is! By nature's design
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by confistified(m): 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
misssclassy:
Of course it is.

A man sleeps around and he is called a cheat. A woman does the same and she is seen as a Hot cake.

A man spends money and lives large and people say he is a ritualist or a fraud. but a woman lives in affluence, she becomes seen as someone who must have work hard to achieve success

Look around you. The world structures have been organized to favor women. Political structures, economic structures, and Religious structures all elevate the female gender above the male.

History itself has been written in favor of the female.

It's such a shame.
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by libertyfather(m): 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
so simple, FCT is first to comment no fighting, first to get there remains the champion the owner so we get to this world first we owns this world...women be attcheey
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by 007koolstar(m): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
Yes it is, but it would have mean nothing without a WOMAN!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by confistified(m): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2015
sinaj:
yea Men own d world

buh Women control Men cool
its only patience dar was controlling Jonathan. ..... Money controls women
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by sarmiie(m): 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
A pity thread created to show women as victims of society...what an arrant waste of time.

Dora akunyili, ngozi okonjo iweala, dame patience jonathan, the president of ethiopia, the vice chancellor of germany, cleopatra, nefertiti and so on....

If all the aforementioned women lay down thinking like this, u think their lives would be as spectacular as it was, and in some cases, still is??

In the old days, physical strength was valued, and so it shouldn't be a surprise that men ruled. Even then, some women still held sway. From cleopatra in egypt, to the queens of england, women who really wanted to, ruled.

And now in this age, where equality is valued, women stand as much chance as men. And some societies, like sweden are moving towards matriarchal societies.

Playing the victim irks me. It is an insult to boss ladies making it in this world. Tell that to nicki minaj or beyonce, chimamanda or the ladies defying taliban rule in iraq. You would receive a slap that'll reset ur senses.

Nonsense!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Mznaett: 10:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dnt mind them my dear..dats y i treat dem lyk flies i mean those dat always feel lyk "super~ant" claiming dey own d world

1 Like

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by misspicy(f): 10:13pm On Jun 09, 2015
sarmiie:
A pity thread created to show women as victims of society...what an arrant waste of time.

Dora akunyili, ngozi okonjo iweala, dame patience jonathan, the president of ethiopia, the vice chancellor of germany, cleopatra, nefertiti and so on....

If all the aforementioned women lay down thinking like this, u think their lives would be as spectacular as it was, and in some cases, still is??

In the old days, physical strength was valued, and so it shouldn't be a surprise that men ruled. Even then, some women still held sway. From cleopatra in egypt, to the queens of england, women who really wanted to, ruled.

And now in this age, where equality is valued, women stand as much chance as men. And some societies, like sweden are moving towards matriarchal societies.

Playing the victim irks me. It is an insult to boss ladies making it in this world. Tell that to nicki minaj or beyonce, chimamanda or the ladies defying taliban rule in iraq. You would receive a slap that'll reset ur senses.

Nonsense!!!!!
bros abeg swallow two tablets of chill pill,ur blood too hot cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by coldHeat: 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
grad2012:
A man sleeps around,marries more than one wife and is praised for it, but a woman marries more than one husband and sleeps around and she's condemned and called foul names for it.

Is it a man's world ?

misssclassy:
Of course it is.

A man spends money and lives large and he is seen as hard-working and he is accorded respect, but when a woman lives in affluence, she becomes seen as someone who must be keeping many boyfriends or someone who is living off numerous men.

Look around you. The world structures have been organized to favor men. Political structures, Economic structures, Cultural structures and Religious structures all elevate the male gender above the female.

It's such a shame.

It truly is a man's world. I say this as an answer to the OP. Structures have been put in place to consciously elevate the male gender above the female, and this has been on for thousands of years. Several reasons have been given, but most of them tend to see the women folk as either helpless, stupid, senseless and weak beings or as prized possessions to be given away via marriage, conquest or sport. It is even worse in some cultures and countries as some women are less important than actual personal belongings to some men. To say it is mentally insulting is to say the least.

But this structure was not placed overnight or over-century; women have somehow been brainwashed to believe they are inferior to their male counterparts. They are told most times they have nothing much to offer the world save their beauty and their body.

The sad thing about a lie is if you keep hearing it again and again and again (in a packaged way, handed down to you by your ancestors and society) you will find yourself believing it. The minds of women have been corrupted with this false mindset; that they are irrelevant in the grander scheme of ruling and controlling this world.

Even in cinema you see a guy who saves the world and gets a beautiful babe handed to him at the end of the film (almost like she's a gift for his troubles), they kiss and the movie ends. We grow up watching such, believing every man is a hero of importance and every woman is helpless, unable to save herself and even the world from the fangs of corruption. Lets not even talk about adverts where women are used to advertise cars like if a man buys a car he will get a lady free, like seriously?!?

But what can be done to stop this trend?

Firstly women need to be more self-aware. They need to understand themselves, know themselves and come to terms with their bodies, their emotions, their self-esteem and their existence.

They need to believe in themselves and not allow themselves or their purpose be dictated by society (which may just be a bunch of ignoramus over-aged children clinging desperately to their supposed 'way of life'). Women need to stop objectifying themselves and selling themselves cheap. A lady shaking her bum to a whizkid's video for 10k can never expect to be respected by the same guys that she shamelessly sells her dignity to (in a bid to make ends meet).

Women also need to invest more in their brains, they need to task their minds more and invest less on their bodies (which can never ever truly win the war they hopelessly wage against the phenomenon we call "aging (which is a woman's greatest enemy)". They should study more, reason more and gossip less, also spend less time in things that stimulate an epileptic state of emotional excitation.

A woman who can only spend all she has to have a beautiful face to match her empty head can never be taken seriously.

It is only when women show men they can academically do everything their male counterparts can and be on par with them as per intelligence, self-control and maturity, that the men can then decide to be less of the children they are and share the reins of global and societal control and governing.

But this may not happen overnight, it may take time, perhaps decades, but if women sell themselves well (beauty fused with intelligence, like a good product needs no hard sell) the men will have no choice but to acknowledge their power and give them a chance.

This is already happening in countries like England, Germany and Liberia (to say it is already happening here in naija goes without saying)

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by sarmiie(m): 10:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
misspicy:

bros abeg swallow two tablets of chill pill,ur blood too hot cheesycheesycheesy

Lol......I just had someone I greatly respect feed me this same line today. I was really disappointed.

....taking two pills of "E" now......
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by grad2012(f): 10:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
sarmiie:

Nonsense!!!!!
who is dis and what the hell are u saying u must be so silly telling me am bashing women,stupido may be if u are not too forward and read what i wrote well u will know what to write,u write like some one so mannerless and so silly.In between I just had to check ur profile picture and seriously i know why u so angry at d world, u are just a bitter soul.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by sinizia: 11:26pm On Jun 09, 2015
Beyoncè said girls run the world, well men run the girls. So you do the math.
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by skyfullofstars(f): 1:41am On Jun 10, 2015
My dear girls, the world is changing everyday. Currently there are many female presidents in different countries around the world, for example.

Before, given the fact that families had to collect the food to survive, a man would marry many wives so as to have many children to work the land. Nowadays, in the 21st century, thats not the case anymore.

We have to make ourselves be respect. Abeg, check Chimamanda's Adichie's talk on feminism, you can find it in Youtube! It has really inspired me. I think it is up to us to make ourselves be valued.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by sarmiie(m): 1:55am On Jun 10, 2015
grad2012:
who is dis and what the hell are u saying u must be so silly telling me am bashing women,stupido may be if u are not too forward and read what i wrote well u will know what to write,u write like some one so mannerless and so silly.In between I just had to check ur profile picture and seriously i know why u so angry at d world, u are just a bitter soul.

I'm not gonna insult you, cos, quite frankly, u don't deserve my anger. The ways of an elephant are incomprehensible to an ant. So it's not a big surprise that u can't find anything of note in there.
Goodbye, ant!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by beautifullll1(f): 1:59am On Jun 10, 2015
sarmiie:

Nonsense!!!!!

I feel you bro.... lol
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by beautifullll1(f): 2:02am On Jun 10, 2015
grad2012:

lol. una just de vex anyhow for here
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by sarmiie(m): 2:05am On Jun 10, 2015
beautifullll1:

I feel you bro.... lol
Thank you....
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 4:36am On Jun 10, 2015
What should I call this?
I'm going with absolute rubbish.
First off, who praises a man for polygamy these days?
Also, aren't there more women in the world? How is it that it is our world?
Also, a woman is praised for using goat hair on her head and emulsion on her face but a man is insulted and called gay if he tries it. Have your seen any men complaining that it is a woman's world?

I totally agree with sarmiie.

Trying to explain to you guys is like trying to dissolve sand in kerosine.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 4:38am On Jun 10, 2015
misssclassy:
Of course it is.

It's such a shame.
#clueless grin

1 Like

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by grad2012(f): 7:03am On Jun 10, 2015
beautifullll1:

lol. una just de vex anyhow for here
am not vexed at all but as a lady am so disappointed at u,may be if u went through his previous comment u will no people don't talk like that and see that he dint read a tin i posted.But of course its ok by u.
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by grad2012(f): 7:05am On Jun 10, 2015
sarmiie:

I'm not gonna insult you, cos, quite frankly, u don't deserve my anger. The ways of an elephant are incomprehensible to an ant. So it's not a big surprise that u can't find anything of note in there.
Goodbye, ant!!!
no u are not cos u already did at first and i can't believe u just compared an elephant to an ant smiles anyway tank u for calling me an ant and one more thing please mr elephant dont quote me.
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Brugo(m): 7:11am On Jun 10, 2015
James Brown wrote an insightful song:

....This is a man's world... but it would be nothing without a woman....

1 Like

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by sarmiie(m): 9:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
grad2012:
no u are not cos u already did at first and i can't believe u just compared an elephant to an ant smiles anyway tank u for calling me an ant and one more thing please mr elephant dont quote me.

If anyone who disagrees with ur POV is insulting you, then I am guilty. Secondly, comparing the 'ways' of an elephant to an ant is both an idiom and a metaphor. I'm sure you understand what those are. Lastly, mrs ant, u quoted me first. Don't quote me again and I'll return the favor. Ciao!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Look For Trouble(pix Updated) / 9 Things You’ll Regret In 10 Years / List Of Ten Romancelanders I Envy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.