Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Is It A Man's World ? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It A Man's World ? (3226 Views)

Photos: Are We In A Man's World? / This Is A Man's World. / 7 Reasons Why I Am Forced To Agree It's A Man's World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by sarmiie(m): 9:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
What should I call this?
I'm going with absolute rubbish.
First off, who praises a man for polygamy these days?
Also, aren't there more women in the world? How is it that it is our world?
Also, a woman is praised for using goat hair on her head and emulsion on her face but a man is insulted and called gay if he tries it. Have your seen any men complaining that it is a woman's world?

I totally agree with sarmiie.

Trying to explain to you guys is like trying to dissolve sand in kerosine.

Finally!!!! Someone who sees the other side of the coin.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by grad2012(f): 7:28am On Jun 11, 2015
sarmiie:

If anyone who disagrees with ur POV is insulting you, then I am guilty. Secondly, comparing the 'ways' of an elephant to an ant is both an idiom and a metaphor. I'm sure you understand what those are. Lastly, mrs ant, u quoted me first. Don't quote me again and I'll return the favor. Ciao!!!
Mr elephant u came on my thread and yes iknow what a metaphor is and also if u want to disagree with someone that's not the way to do it . U dint need to be insultive and rude,u dint even read my post, cos if u did all the tins u wrote was not even close to wat i was talking about.It really sad that you acted nothing like the gentleman u call yourself ,can u pls just let it end here.
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by sarmiie(m): 9:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
grad2012:
Mr elephant u came on my thread and yes iknow what a metaphor is and also if u want to disagree with someone that's not the way to do it . U dint need to be insultive and rude,u dint even read my post, cos if u did all the tins u wrote was not even close to wat i was talking about.It really sad that you acted nothing like the gentleman u call yourself ,can u pls just let it end here.

abrasive, yes I was. Rude and insultive, hell no!!! You opened a thread. I gave my opinion. Granted, u were talking about romance and I was talking about world power, but that's the beauty of the internet. Different people come together to discuss their POVs from what they've seen and experienced.
You insulted me, not the other way round. Instead of replying in like manner, I used idioms rather than direct insult. If ur idea of a gentleman is someone who trades insults needlessly, then I'm glad to be nothing like u think of.
I agree with you, let it end here. Neither of us accomplished what we set out to do..

1 Like

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by chigoizie7(m): 11:23am On Jul 22, 2015
misssclassy:
Of course it is.

A man sleeps around and he is called a player. A woman does the same and she is seen as a _whore.

A man spends money and lives large and he is seen as hard-working and he is accorded respect, but when a woman lives in affluence, she becomes seen as someone who must be keeping many boyfriends or someone who is living off numerous men.

Look around you. The world structures have been organized to favor men. Political structures, Economic structures, Cultural structures and Religious structures all elevate the male gender above the female.

History itself has been written in favor of the male gender.

It's such a shame.

And since u can change that fact, the earlier u understand and accept that fact that this world as been structured to favor men, u will stop having problems trying to be equal to men.

Nice contribution.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Youngpo413: 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
sinaj:
yea Men own d world

buh Women control Men cool
only foolish men are controlled by women
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Youngpo413: 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
Mznaett:
Dnt mind them my dear..dats y i treat dem lyk flies i mean those dat always feel lyk "super~ant" claiming dey own d world
those are boys not men cos no lady can treat a real man like flies.
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Pidggin(f): 12:28am On Aug 31, 2015
grad2012:
A man sleeps around,marries more than one wife and is praised for it, but a woman marries more than one husband and sleeps around and she's condemned and called foul names for it.

Is it a man's world ?

No it isn't entirely a man's world, it's also a woman's as well. Without us men would have eliminated themselves through wars. We are the glue that keep this world together. In my opinion we women should learn to ignore double standard treatment from guys, if you notice it's mostly insecure guys that are guilty of this double standard treatment, enuf said.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
sinaj:
yea Men own d world

Exactly grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
sinaj:
yea Men own d world

In fact Op ur really driving me crazy right now. I don yanya for u already grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by gidjah(m): 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
You remind me of this golden oldies;woman to woman(Aretha Franklin) ,scent of a woman(film by Al-pachino),Strenght of a woman(Shaggy Puba).IT IS ACTUALLY THE Womans wold ,except you wanna deceive your selves...
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by cococandy(f): 5:30am On Sep 12, 2015
In summary, all the corners of the world need a feminist revolution.
coldHeat:

It truly is a man's world. I say this as an answer to the OP. Structures have been put in place to consciously elevate the male gender above the female, and this has been on for thousands of years. Several reasons have been given, but most of them tend to see the women folk as either helpless, stupid, senseless and weak beings or as prized possessions to be given away via marriage, conquest or sport. It is even worse in some cultures and countries as some women are less important than actual personal belongings to some men. To say it is mentally insulting is to say the least.

But this structure was not placed overnight or over-century; women have somehow been brainwashed to believe they are inferior to their male counterparts. They are told most times they have nothing much to offer the world save their beauty and their body.

The sad thing about a lie is if you keep hearing it again and again and again (in a packaged way, handed down to you by your ancestors and society) you will find yourself believing it. The minds of women have been corrupted with this false mindset; that they are irrelevant in the grander scheme of ruling and controlling this world.

Even in cinema you see a guy who saves the world and gets a beautiful babe handed to him at the end of the film (almost like she's a gift for his troubles), they kiss and the movie ends. We grow up watching such, believing every man is a hero of importance and every woman is helpless, unable to save herself and even the world from the fangs of corruption. Lets not even talk about adverts where women are used to advertise cars like if a man buys a car he will get a lady free, like seriously?!?

But what can be done to stop this trend?

Firstly women need to be more self-aware. They need to understand themselves, know themselves and come to terms with their bodies, their emotions, their self-esteem and their existence.

They need to believe in themselves and not allow themselves or their purpose be dictated by society (which may just be a bunch of ignoramus over-aged children clinging desperately to their supposed 'way of life'). Women need to stop objectifying themselves and selling themselves cheap. A lady shaking her bum to a whizkid's video for 10k can never expect to be respected by the same guys that she shamelessly sells her dignity to (in a bid to make ends meet).

Women also need to invest more in their brains, they need to task their minds more and invest less on their bodies (which can never ever truly win the war they hopelessly wage against the phenomenon we call "aging (which is a woman's greatest enemy)". They should study more, reason more and gossip less, also spend less time in things that stimulate an epileptic state of emotional excitation.

A woman who can only spend all she has to have a beautiful face to match her empty head can never be taken seriously.

It is only when women show men they can academically do everything their male counterparts can and be on par with them as per intelligence, self-control and maturity, that the men can then decide to be less of the children they are and share the reins of global and societal control and governing.

But this may not happen overnight, it may take time, perhaps decades, but if women sell themselves well (beauty fused with intelligence, like a good product needs no hard sell) the men will have no choice but to acknowledge their power and give them a chance.

This is already happening in countries like England, Germany and Liberia (to say it is already happening here in naija goes without saying)

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Pidggin(f): 8:07am On Sep 12, 2015
Youngpo413:
only foolish men are controlled by women

I bet your mum controls u grin
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by cyprus000: 9:07am On Sep 12, 2015
Pidggin:

I bet your mum controls u grin
[size=13pt][b]
Even tho this wasn't directed to me. I feel the need to correct your prejudice.

Nope. No human have monopoly over my life,not even my mama who I love to pieces and is the only person I can lay down whatever I am to "SAVE"

Note: I said save and not please. I can do anything to save her,but can't do all things to please her. That doesn't mean that she has control over me. "one" minded person's feels same way and understand my drive.

So the claim that women control men in general,is just fallacy.

On the flipside: I don't consider this world a man's world only.
Same reason you see a man and a woman apply for a job and she is given the work first,even tho the man is more competent.(Men aren't complaining).

Same reason savages ransack a group of people and men are killed and women are spared (not always tho)

Same reason a man is raped and when he complains. People will call it hogwash,but if it's a woman. Everybody will look for their AK7 to do target practice on the offender,while witch in his village anticipate on sucking his bloodgrin.

Same reason a woman beat a man and the world turn the other way like nothing happened,but when the ball is in the court of a man. People look for plier to dismember his dick from his body(please I don't subcribe to beating an adult), it goes on and on.

In conclusion,men have control of the world physically,while women control the world ironically to some extent. It is not a man's world.
[/b][/size]

1 Like

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by porozhniy(m): 9:46am On Sep 12, 2015
when will u ladies quit the blame game & victimhood and take sole responsibility for ur choices in life? nobody is stoping women frm doing STEM courses, nobody is stoping you frm running for political offices, nobody is stoping you frm starting a business or climbing the corporate ladder u lot re jst nt interested.
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
author=coldHeat post=34606185]

It truly is a man's world. I say this as an answer to the OP. Structures have been put in place to consciously elevate the male gender above the female, and this has been on for thousands of years. Several reasons have been given, but most of them tend to see the women folk as either helpless, stupid, senseless and weak beings or as prized possessions to be given away via marriage, conquest or sport. It is even worse in some cultures and countries as some women are less important than actual personal belongings to some men. To say it is mentally insulting is to say the least.

But this structure was not placed overnight or over-century; women have somehow been brainwashed to believe they are inferior to their male counterparts. They are told most times they have nothing much to offer the world save their beauty and their body.

The sad thing about a lie is if you keep hearing it again and again and again (in a packaged way, handed down to you by your ancestors and society) you will find yourself believing it. The minds of women have been corrupted with this false mindset; that they are irrelevant in the grander scheme of ruling and controlling this world.

Even in cinema you see a guy who saves the world and gets a beautiful babe handed to him at the end of the film (almost like she's a gift for his troubles), they kiss and the movie ends. We grow up watching such, believing every man is a hero of importance and every woman is helpless, unable to save herself and even the world from the fangs of corruption. Lets not even talk about adverts where women are used to advertise cars like if a man buys a car he will get a lady free, like seriously?!?

@bold

Evolutionary speaking, in the world of our ancestors men needed to be strong. It was a question of life and death. Women were taking care of the homes (since they are physically weaker) and men used to hunt and go to war. This is why even nowadays physically or financially strong(er) guys will attract women more easily. Blame the evolution process, not the media.

But what can be done to stop this trend?

I am not sure it must / can be stopped entirely.
There are millions of women out there who prefer the "traditional" sort of arrangement.

Firstly women need to be more self-aware. They need to understand themselves, know themselves and come to terms with their bodies, their emotions, their self-esteem and their existence.

They need to believe in themselves and not allow themselves or their purpose be dictated by society (which may just be a bunch of ignoramus over-aged children clinging desperately to their supposed 'way of life'). Women need to stop objectifying themselves and selling themselves cheap. A lady shaking her bum to a whizkid's video for 10k can never expect to be respected by the same guys that she shamelessly sells her dignity to (in a bid to make ends meet).

Women also need to invest more in their brains, they need to task their minds more and invest less on their bodies (which can never ever truly win the war they hopelessly wage against the phenomenon we call "aging (which is a woman's greatest enemy)". They should study more, reason more and gossip less, also spend less time in things that stimulate an epileptic state of emotional excitation.

A woman who can only spend all she has to have a beautiful face to match her empty head can never be taken seriously.

It is only when women show men they can academically do everything their male counterparts can and be on par with them as per intelligence, self-control and maturity, that the men can then decide to be less of the children they are and share the reins of global and societal control and governing.

Women need, need, need ...

All they need is to do whatever comes natural to them INDIVIDUALLY.

But this may not happen overnight, it may take time, perhaps decades, but if women sell themselves well (beauty fused with intelligence, like a good product needs no hard sell) the men will have no choice but to acknowledge their power and give them a chance.

This is already happening in countries like England, Germany and Liberia (to say it is already happening here in naija goes without saying)

You compare women to products after you complained, at the beginning, that they are treated like trophies? Hmm ...
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by grad2012(f): 11:16am On Sep 13, 2015
dukeolumde:

In fact Op ur really driving me crazy right now. I don yanya for u already grin grin grin grin
dukeolumde embarassed how am I driving u crazy.
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by kinglekan: 11:20am On Sep 13, 2015
sinaj:
yea Men own d world

Dey dere na, madam controller general. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 13, 2015
Yes dear it is but it's a pile of sh1t without a woman
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
grad2012:
dukeolumde embarassed how am I driving u crazy.

Ur colour, ur beautiful face, ur shape carry gun grin grin grin grin
Modified: I saw ur earlier post b4 u modified it but it doesn't change how I feel towards u kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
dukeolumde:

Modified: I saw ur earlier post b4 u modified it but it doesn't change how I feel towards u kiss kiss

Pls dear check ur email
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
misssclassy:
Of course it is.

A man sleeps around and he is called a player. A woman does the same and she is seen as a _whore.

A man spends money and lives large and he is seen as hard-working and he is accorded respect, but when a woman lives in affluence, she becomes seen as someone who must be keeping many boyfriends or someone who is living off numerous men.

Look around you. The world structures have been organized to favor men. Political structures, Economic structures, Cultural structures and Religious structures all elevate the male gender above the female.

History itself has been written in favor of the male gender.

It's such a shame.
you sound like one who is an anti-man... embarassed
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by lilmax(m): 1:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
Women are ballless thats the reason cool......its a man's world
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by grad2012(f): 6:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
lilmax:
Women are ballless thats the reason cool......its a man's world
embarassed
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by MrsChima(f): 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
Yes it is and see how bleeped up the world is. wink
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Captainswag225(m): 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
MrsChima:
Yes it is and see how bleeped up the world is. wink
lmao,, i thought women run the world?
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
dukeolumde:

Where are u right now?
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by grad2012(f): 7:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
dukeolumde:

Where are u right now?
mr dukeolumde wat do u want from me embarassed
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by lilmax(m): 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
grad2012:
embarassed
it's true very ball-less, how many nigerian women can ask a guy out talkless of getting married to more than one man....... Can you?
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
grad2012:
mr dukeolumde wat do u want from me embarassed

Lets talk using ur email. I sent u a mail dear.
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by MrsChima(f): 8:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
Captainswag225:
lmao,, i thought women run the world?

You thought wrong.
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by Captainswag225(m): 8:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
MrsChima:

You thought wrong.
hmm,,, tell me more!
Re: Is It A Man's World ? by MrsChima(f): 8:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
Captainswag225:
hmm,,, tell me more!

it is self explanatory. Don't you have chick's to molest?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make A Lady On Nairaland Fall In Love Or Like You. / What Is The Weirdest Thing You've Seen People Do To Themselves? / Who Would You Have Sex With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.