Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng (90642 Views)

Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times / Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by crackhouse(m): 6:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
DauraDullard:
Tinubu should go to hell! Who cares about his recognition? Old man wey no wan gree old. He thinks Nigeria is Lagos State grin
don't mind that rogue
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by daniel56(m): 6:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
Who cares
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by abason(m): 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
It concern who..............
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
As if we care! Someone should remind this Tinubu that Saraki is the President of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and not that of the APC before he rants further. Recognize him or not, PDP would soon establish a College of Politics. Tinubu please stop all this noise and get ready to enrol and learn the politics of the millennium. See you in 2019 nor!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
Abesodiq:

I don't see it like that. I think the guy may be correct. As a politician, u need the people to trust you. Now, tell me- will you ever trust this guy if u both are to execute a deal?

But he was applauded and embraced for abandoning a party that gave him the platform to be a governor for 8yrs and a senator for 4yrs and he became a good guy for doing so right?

Its too late to preach morality now because u are
At the receiving end now but it was fun when others were at the receiving end then abi!

Simply put, saraki was elected at the floor of the NHA and he did not breach any constitutional provisions, everyother considerations is immaterial before the law.

On a parting note, tambuwal became a hero for this same reason so why should the rules now change with saraki?

If you can trust tambuwal and still do business with him after going against his parties directive then saraki can equally be trusted as well.

POETIC JUSTICE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by jossyj: 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
[quote author=Sobeautiful post=34633840]Everybody is now busy insulting Tinubu, forgetting that he is the one that paved way for you people's candidate Buhari. Unfortunately now he's the devil. The same man people called a hero not too long ago. It's shocking how human beings rejoice over someone's misfortune. I'm not a fan of Tinubu and may never be but the truth is the truth. Without his sweat and effort Apc wouldn't have gone this far. Politics is really a hopeless game. I feel bad for him despite what he did to GEJ. I saw this coming but never knew it will be so soon. They are in power so to hell with him. He's now pushing it 'too far' but l don't think Buhari would have won if he didn't push it 'too far'. Everybody is now laughing at him, making jest of him. He's now an old man that should go and rest. National politics is not Lagos State politics yet he succeeded in bringing down Pdp from power. Just because of this singular case of Saraki we now feel he has lost all grip. Nawaaoo we humans are really wonderful but One thing is clear. You don't bite the fingers that fed you and just walk away entirely free. I
only pity those that join politics, especially in a miserable society like ours.[/quote

what goes around comes around

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by millionaireman: 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
sukkot:
[b and what the heck does a senate president do in nigeria ? do we have laws in that country ? over to you sir[/b]

Laugh in Latin.

Senate president can blackmail the president for any favour, else the president gets impeachment moves. There are laws in this country but rarely enforced.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by sukkot: 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
StOla:

Knowing fully well that his own party was harmonizing its position in a meeting he was equally to have attended, he rather proceeded to the chamber with 8 APC and 49 opposition senators and got himself elected unopposed and further went ahead to supervise the election of a PDP senator as deputy with 40+ votes.

A loyal party man and democrat we have there?
is that legal ? is he allowed to do that ?
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by jossyj: 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
byrron:

But he was applauded and embraced for abandoning a party that gave him the platform to be a governor for 8yrs and a senator for 4yrs and he became a good guy for doing so right?

Its too late to preach morality now because u are
At the receiving end now but it was fun when others were at the receiving end then abi!

Simply put, saraki was elected at the floor of the NHA and he did not breach any constitutional provisions, everyother considerations is immaterial before the law.

On a parting note, tambuwal became a hero for this same reason so why should the rules now change with saraki?

If you can trust tambuwal and still do business with him after going against his parties directive then saraki can equally be trusted as well.

POETIC JUSTICE.

you spoke well, thanks

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by sukkot: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
millionaireman:

Laugh in Latin.

Senate president can blackmail the president for any favour, else the president gets impeachment moves. There are laws in this country but rarely enforced.
if he thinks he can blackmail the general he needs to go see a shrink
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by oloyeadeniyi(m): 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
[quote author=tuk2ato post=34607560]Tinubu's power would be so whittled down before this administration ends.[/
]
Tinubu is unlike any other leader. He has made so many people who know his downfall is their downfall, that loyal followership is too strong for such thing you said to happen.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by winterfell007(m): 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
A master has been defeated in his own game. JAgaban ought 2 know that western politcs is quite different frm national politics.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
jossyj:

you spoke well, thanks

I appreciate
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by UfuosLaLa: 6:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
Freemanan:

NFCS does dear
And who does?
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
shocked
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by sonnie10: 6:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
Senetor Senator Bola Tinubu was there before . . . I mean national level.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Ibgaye(m): 6:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
Tinubu don't mind saraki.. he is a....
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by olandoboy(m): 6:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
Funny man,continue dreaming
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
UfuosLaLa:
And who does?
You lost hun?
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by jossyj: 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
crackhouse:
don't mind that rogue

respect him now, he is much bigger than a rogue
please find a bigger tittle for him because he is among the biggest--------------
i did not say anything ooo.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
sonnie10:
Senetor Bola Tinubu was there before . . . I mean national level.

Senator
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by StOla: 7:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
sukkot:
is that legal ? is he allowed to do that ?

How can 40+ votes elect a winner in a 2way contest for deputy that should have been voted for by 109 members?
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by 989900: 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
barbstee:
Wht Bukola dd may put an end to his political career.i fynk he shd av done dt in a smarter way

You'r right!

Bukola is no man of honour, he plays by only one rule -- 'me rule'.

I hate desperadoes and opportunists like him.

I disliked him from before, I hate him now.

As much as you can fault Tinubu for many things, he is focused, fearless, dedicated, and loyal; right from the NADECO days . . . qualities any man of honour can relate to. What do we learn from perfidous Bukky? Treachery?

What still beats me though is, what were the APC goons thinking . . . absent?!!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by lexy2014: 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
Day11:
It's bad for Saraki showcasing himself to the world like dis.

Senate Presidency by coup.

Dangerous to our democracy angry
Constitutionally and legally, I don't think saraki breached any law. Afterall, they had a quorum so d senate could sit. Betraying his party, yes. But again tinubu only has himself 2 blame. D politics they play at d national assembly is quite different from what obtains in d rest of nigeria. This is a fact tinubu refused 2 acknowledge. He thought his tried and tested "tinubu formula"(selection instead of election) will work. U always need a different formula 2 work with these national assembly guys. They are very independent and ambitious
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by godwin120alex: 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hahahahah@Tinubu
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by topas100(m): 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
Tinubu! Funnyman
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by seanbond00(m): 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
Let us be frank with ourselves. Even though am not a supporter of both parties, I believe that both parties will be wary of this man for what he did.

Bottom line is that saraki is a maverick and people like this need to be watched carefully.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by sassiemyk: 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
wait ooo, where is tinubu's position in the Nigerian constitution? if he is not recognized then saraki does not need his recognition. he shud find somewhere and retire to.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by abagnalie: 7:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
DauraDullard:
Tinubu should go to hell! Who cares about his recognition? Old man wey no wan gree

old. He thinks Nigeria is Lagos State grin
tinubu was a part of APC'S success story.take that into cognizance.weather you

like it or not he is a force to reckon with.you people call it politics,i call betrayal and an act of hypocrisy.GEJ neglected OBJ wen he got

hold of power and we all saw what happened to him.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by ikkkkk: 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
nationwide1:
Tinubu has forgotten that Abuja is not Lagos State or Osun State.

He has also forgotten that his not recognizing Saraki as senate president will not in anyway reduce the status of Saraki as senate president.

As long as Nigeria and Nigerians recognize Saraki as senate president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Tinubu’s recognition is inconsequential.

Tell him oooo.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by harry509: 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by sukkot: 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
StOla:

How can 40+ votes elect a winner in a 2way contest for deputy that should have been voted for by 109 members?
Yeah its all a sham. oh well. the LORD has the last say cheesy

romans 13 vs 1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos Of Abba Kyari, Ganduje, Masari, Dangote At IGP Son's Wedding Recently / How Soldiers Opened Fire On SARS Operatives Who Repelled Boko Haram Attack(Pics / President Buhari's Car Airlifted To Taraba As He Visits State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.