Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng (90635 Views)

Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times / Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by ralph28(m): 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
“Personal interest must not override that of the party that beget you. It’s a spoken and silent rule of the game, which all and sundry must abide with. “I’m not God, but as far as this party is concerned, I’m a leader and I know what is good for the party at the appropriate time.

I know how you feel sir.
How I wish Nigeria is Lagos State,your own kingdom.

But mind how you talk to our speaker.
His position is above that of party leader.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
Lol. Did he just said. Personal interest

Chaiii. I laugh in kotonu grin

The man is the biggest looser this time. Not GEJ cool
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by lexy2014: 7:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
Day11:

I agree with you, but in as much as i want Saraki to emerge as the SP, I never understood why Tinubu never wanted him until yesterday.

Who knows what Jagaban is even cooking behind now. All I want is PEACE.

Meanwhile Sai Buharyyyy wink
u are right bro. Tinubu will definitely b planning something. Let's watch and c
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by ideylaff: 7:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
chocolatelady:
Having listen to all of u on the Bukola as Senate President, now u guys should listen and ponder on this :
A) Right from onset I wanted Saraki to be the Senate president becos I believe he has the charisma and all it takes to lead the Senate. But the manner in which he emerged is anti democractic, lets be honest with ourselves. How can u treat ur party in such a manner becos of selfish interest. Believe u me, I know that Tinubu is over bearing though I am not his fan but u must accord him some respect becos if not for him, PDP wouldnt have been defeated and Bukola will always be a floor member even if he wins a Senatorial position. How can u suffer and work tirelessly to get something like a whole president and someone from nowhere will come and mess it up becos of personal ambition.
B. I am not pained that Saraki emerge as the Senate President but my worry is his deputy. How on earth should he allow that to happen. PDP in their 16yrs of leadership has never given opposition such a post. This is incredible !Why didnt he tell PDP that he can only part with Senate Leader and not DSP. This action will continue to hurt him as he remained the SP.
C. How will the change come about now, now that the party that APC sacked is back to power? PDP was sacked becos of corruption and impunity. Buhari promised to address these but how can he do that with PDP still in power.
I am definitely not happy with this development but the deed has been done. But I must say that APC must do something about it otherwise who knows what will happen next.
Our politicians always have this attitude of let me do it , if the other person is not happy he or she can go to court becos our judiciary is in a mess.
D. How will Saraki endorse a bill without begging PDP to accept it. Remember that David Mark with his 'ayes' have it has the final say on any issue. He does not care whether opposition agrees or not.
E. If Saraki is strong and sure of winning, why didnt he wait for other members or go for the meeting with them and hope that luck smiles at him at the end of the day.
F. I must tell u that with this act from Saraki, he has indirectly used his own hands to end his political career becos what he did is a coup and history will not be fair to him. Though, for now he may. Think that he is very smart but this type of smartness has consequences which he will not like at all.
Finally, there is something called Law of Karma and it follows u wherever u go. If care is not taken , he will not last on that seat for six months but al the same, I wish him well.

Well said 1
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by ideylaff: 7:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
Sobeautiful:
Everybody is now busy insulting Tinubu, forgetting that he is the one that paved way for you people's candidate Buhari. Unfortunately now he's the devil. The same man people called a hero not too long ago. It's shocking how human beings rejoice over someone's misfortune. I'm not a fan of Tinubu and may never be but the truth is the truth. Without his sweat and effort Apc wouldn't have gone this far. Politics is really a hopeless game. I feel bad for him despite what he did to GEJ. I saw this coming but never knew it will be so soon. They are in power so to hell with him. He's now pushing it 'too far' but l don't think Buhari would have won if he didn't push it 'too far'. Everybody is now laughing at him, making jest of him. He's now an old man that should go and rest. National politics is not Lagos State politics yet he succeeded in bringing down Pdp from power. Just because of this singular case of Saraki we now feel he has lost all grip. Nawaaoo we humans are really wonderful but One thing is clear. You don't bite the fingers that fed you and just walk away entirely free. I only pity those that join politics, especially in a miserable society like ours.

Well said 2

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by charlesucheh(m): 7:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
StepTwo:
can someone help me slap Tinubu back to reality?

Maybe He does not know Saraki is standing on His head right now

Standing on whose head?
Because saraki is the president(senate) doesn't mean he has rights(arbitrary) over Tinubu. Even when OBJ and the Robotic GEJ where presidents, Tinubu stood his ground. He has expressed him self and there's nothing saraki would do abt it, afterall, legislation in the house takes two to tangle, he(saraki) will have the remaining 51 senators to deal with. THE GAME HAS JUST BEGUN!
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by cyberdurable(m): 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
Freemanan:

NFCS does dear
Hope you are Living the Faith?? grin
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Reference(m): 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
millionaireman:
Tinubu and much of the SW had begged for return of fiscal federalism and regional govt system to Nigeria.

Last presidential election, GEJ begged the SW to have patience and vote him so that the prescriptions of the last CONFAB could be implemented in the next NASS, because the outgoing NASS legislators were hostile to the CONFAB.

If the resolutions of the last CONFAB are implemented, it makes it easiest for any form of political reforms desired by south of Nigeria.

"Sophisticated"? SW instead voted Buhari who would have nothing to do with political reforms or return of fiscal federalism or regional government system to Nigeria.

Hmmm. Talk for another day. We don't know the extent of damage we had done to our future by the outcome of the last election. That topic is for superior thinkers.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by cuteboy2: 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
rahazaqa:
fake source..,,,pls dont move this to fp, this is just a fabricated story by TANOIDS.

You are swallowing panadol for another man's headache. Is your name Bola Ahmed Tinubu?

The person concerned has not denied the report. Until he denies it, the story stands.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by tuk2ato(m): 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
Time will tell.[quote author=oloyeadeniyi post=34634200][/quote]
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by babashiko(m): 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
Atimes some of us don't really know when things are right or wrong if not while would some people leave their constitutional and statutory duties because they want to attend to party issues. Firstly is it proper for APC to schedule their meeting for that Tuesday when they know that the National Assembly must be start their inaugural session by 10am or is it that their party is supreme to the to Nigerian Constitution or APC members are above the the Nigerians. On Tinubu's case for coming out that he will not recognize the Senate President it means he is far asleep and he is dreaming as well because what is he Tinubu constitutional role as far as Nigeria constitution is concerned?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by sonnie10: 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
Please does any one know if the Senate President's signature is needed for oil well allocation?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by lagdmark(m): 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
The former lion of bourdillion is now the pig of abuja just after 2 weeks of inauguration. what a bitter end jagabandit. Buhari is the C-in-C

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by gbagyiza: 7:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
barbstee:
Wht Bukola dd may put an end to his political career.i fynk he shd av done dt in a smarter way

lawan cult hv being d best candidate for d job.saraki will always be seen as judas n dis will definately stain his political career.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by shezinton(m): 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
Any1 dat is anti senate president bukola saraki should go n hug transformer...u tnk say abuja na lasgidi yeye tiefnubu
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Emyben(m): 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
sukkot:
how is he a fulani if his dad is called olusola saraki ? these are yoruba names

Let me ask you. Is Chibuike Amaechi an Igbo man? Your answer will determine my/our response.
And pls dont be hypocritical. Thanks
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by okoomoge2(m): 7:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
No 1 rule of power, never outshine the grande Capone.

Another unwritten rule, never let your ambition get the best of you, if you want to
last!

Ekun to yo rin bi ole, Ko she ti ojo!
Omode ti Ko Beru Agba, o Ma ba Le Lo!
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by katazozo: 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
Vivalavida99:
Oh Lord, let my enemies win mock election like @femigbaja & Sen. Lawan, while I win main election like Dogara & @bukolasaraki
AMEN
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Coolcube: 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
chocolatelady:
Having listen to all of u on the Bukola as Senate President, now u guys should listen and ponder on this :
A) Right from onset I wanted Saraki to be the Senate president becos I believe he has the charisma and all it takes to lead the Senate. But the manner in which he emerged is anti democractic, lets be honest with ourselves. How can u treat ur party in such a manner becos of selfish interest. Believe u me, I know that Tinubu is over bearing though I am not his fan but u must accord him some respect becos if not for him, PDP wouldnt have been defeated and Bukola will always be a floor member even if he wins a Senatorial position. How can u suffer and work tirelessly to get something like a whole president and someone from nowhere will come and mess it up becos of personal ambition.
B. I am not pained that Saraki emerge as the Senate President but my worry is his deputy. How on earth should he allow that to happen. PDP in their 16yrs of leadership has never given opposition such a post. This is incredible !Why didnt he tell PDP that he can only part with Senate Leader and not DSP. This action will continue to hurt him as he remained the SP.
C. How will the change come about now, now that the party that APC sacked is back to power? PDP was sacked becos of corruption and impunity. Buhari promised to address these but how can he do that with PDP still in power.
I am definitely not happy with this development but the deed has been done. But I must say that APC must do something about it otherwise who knows what will happen next.
Our politicians always have this attitude of let me do it , if the other person is not happy he or she can go to court becos our judiciary is in a mess.
D. How will Saraki endorse a bill without begging PDP to accept it. Remember that David Mark with his 'ayes' have it has the final say on any issue. He does not care whether opposition agrees or not.
E. If Saraki is strong and sure of winning, why didnt he wait for other members or go for the meeting with them and hope that luck smiles at him at the end of the day.
F. I must tell u that with this act from Saraki, he has indirectly used his own hands to end his political career becos what he did is a coup and history will not be fair to him. Though, for now he may. Think that he is very smart but this type of smartness has consequences which he will not like at all.
Finally, there is something called Law of Karma and it follows u wherever u go. If care is not taken , he will not last on that seat for six months but al the same, I wish him well.

Bro. Well said. But u don't know Bukola Saraki. In politics, he is well schooled. His political career can not be up because of this singular act. If u have forgotten, Tambuwa emerged as the Speaker of the House after going against the wishes of PDP, and going against his former political godfather. Needless to say that he became a governor today after defeating the same former political godfather who contested against him on the platform of PDP.
One thing about Bukky that you may not know is that, he wasn't made by Tinubu or Buhari. His father, a former Senate Leader, now of blessed memory made him, so no one has a bragging right over him. While Tinubu can boast of making several people, he can't do so on Saraki. Even when they were in opposing camps, Tinubu's camp has NEVER defeated Saraki's camp in Kwara Elections; even when Tinubu's camp used someone from a powerful family in Ilorin, Belogore Family. In essence, Saraki is a godfather in his own right and a godfather to himself. He has made people himself who bear allegiance to him as well. Today, he is the biggest weight in Kwara politics and gradually carving a niche for him self in North Cental. I lived in Kwara for so long, and I'm not a supporter of Saraki but I know he's strong. Part of why GEJ was made an acting President when Yar'adua was sick was because of Saraki's efforts as the Chairman of NGF, so the refusal of Tinubu to back him is nothing.
That apart, let's move into regional politics. If trouble arises, he can always align with the North. His father's allies are still alive and are active in politics. His father aligned more with the north and he would follow suit. Some like Adamu Ciroma is a crony to his father and would move to help him in the north if need be. If that happens, Tinubu will be left wandering. He can't align with the SE or SS coz they are predominantly PDP and would rather work with Saraki. Besides, the best position the North Cental has had over a decade is the presidency of the Senate and they will do anything to protect it. If they are to produce a future president in Nigeria, they must maintain a top position is government.

To me, I believe his emergence, though under a controversial circumstance, will give room for a vibrant senate. We need a senate president who can think for himself and not someone who will be a mere puppet for some people. If you observe the last NASS, some bills which were passed hurriedly by the Senate were thoroughly scrutinised by the House because Tambuwal stood his ground and wasn't under the control of anybody or stupid party agenda. Even when GEJ tried to go rough with him, people rose to defend him.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by omolami: 7:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
This is very good for Tinubu because he used ACN to make Tambuwal speaker in 2011 against the wish of PDP. Why is he crying fowl now? For PDP, it is 'if you Tambuwal me I Saraki you' period. Let Tinubu go and lick his wound or die.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by lovepraise(f): 7:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
K it is allowed
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by AreaFada2: 7:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
barbstee:
Wht Bukola dd may put an end to his political career.i fynk he shd av done dt in a smarter way

The other biggest position he can get is president & C-in-C. VP is spare tire that can be sidelined by his boss/President like Atiku in second term.
VP is only higher in protocol, not actual political power.

So Saraki may have reached the zenith of his political power, his very dream.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nicepoker(m): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
rahazaqa:
fake source..,,,pls dont move this to fp, this is just a fabricated story by TANOIDS.
cos it didn't favour u.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Edunwa302(m): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
If you won't then we Nigerians wull
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by mkdboy: 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
I think he is not sure of what he is talking about. This is national politics and not that of Lagos.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by ihatesycophant(m): 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
The goodnews here is that he didn't say he goes against the constitution but against his party and not only that his wish. All this power tussle of Tinubu can not go down well with him. He need to eat humble pie. Are you the only one that know what is good for the party, you cannot only control and having a say at all times, retreat sometime.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by andystash(m): 7:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
kilokeys:
Senate president should move a motion..
All politicians with mouth odor must be supervised for thorough brushing 4 times a day..

The Ayes have it.. Gbam

*Tinubu starts crying*
.......have yu ever stayed close to mr. tinubu to know if he has mouth odour or not?
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nicepoker(m): 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
rahazaqa:
cos it didn't favour u...
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by ugoezeik(m): 8:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
StepTwo:
can someone help me slap Tinubu back to reality?

Maybe He does not know Saraki is standing on His head right now

slap ke? am off thread bfor ambo declare me wanted
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by mbulela: 8:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
I am not too worried by the.emergence of SarakI, Although it will hasten the demise of APC as a party (as I still struggle to see how this Crack can be mended).
I am more worried by how David Mark emerged the Senate majority leader while being in the opposition party. What was Saraki thinking when he agreed to such a deal? I am all for dealing with Tinubu but treating your own party with such disdain and disregard is almost unimaginable.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by vega84(m): 8:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
Oga Tinubu, u dnt hav to, are u in the senate? U can't always hav it ur way all the time? Abgei go park fr front abeg #vegatalks
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by GreatEngineer(m): 8:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
You install Buhari, Osibanjo and now you want to install senate president and speaker, So this is not personal interest abi, you are not the one that suppose to say this. Bye for now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos Of Abba Kyari, Ganduje, Masari, Dangote At IGP Son's Wedding Recently / How Soldiers Opened Fire On SARS Operatives Who Repelled Boko Haram Attack(Pics / President Buhari's Car Airlifted To Taraba As He Visits State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.