Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng (90652 Views)

Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times / Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by 989900: 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
Sobeautiful:
Everybody is now busy insulting Tinubu, forgetting that he is the one that paved way for you people's candidate Buhari. Unfortunately now he's the devil. The same man people called a hero not too long ago. It's shocking how human beings rejoice over someone's misfortune. I'm not a fan of Tinubu and may never be but the truth is the truth. Without his sweat and effort Apc wouldn't have gone this far. Politics is really a hopeless game. I feel bad for him despite what he did to GEJ. I saw this coming but never knew it will be so soon. They are in power so to hell with him. He's now pushing it 'too far' but l don't think Buhari would have won if he didn't push it 'too far'. Everybody is now laughing at him, making jest of him. He's now an old man that should go and rest. National politics is not Lagos State politics yet he succeeded in bringing down Pdp from power. Just because of this singular case of Saraki we now feel he has lost all grip. Nawaaoo we humans are really wonderful but One thing is clear. You don't bite the fingers that fed you and just walk away entirely free. I only pity those that join politics, especially in a miserable society like ours.

Well said!

If only people reason this deeply . . .

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by lexy2014: 7:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
StOla:

Knowing fully well that his own party was harmonizing its position in a meeting he was equally to have attended, he rather proceeded to the chamber with 8 APC and 49 opposition senators and got himself elected unopposed and further went ahead to supervise the election of a PDP senator as deputy with 40+ votes.

A loyal party man and democrat we have there?
saraki betrayed his party no doubt but constitutionally he did nothing wrong. There were about 57 senators in d senate yesterday. They had a quorum so it was all good

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Eluwilussit(m): 7:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
dhardline:
grin grin grin grin..is Tinubu a senator? I Sincerely pray nothing happens to our able president Muhammed Buhari ,if not Tinubu will have the last laugh but for now he's just a cry baby cheesy

Even if PMB dies today(God forbid. May he live long), we will not allow a repeat of Yar'Adua/Jonathan saga. Nigeria is too big for a few greedy old buffoons to manipulate us time and again.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Moheat(m): 7:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
7lives:

Are you sure you are not talking about your father?.
No! Tinubu
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by amakaffy: 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
DauraDullard:
Tinubu should go to hell! Who cares about his recognition? Old man wey no wan gree old. He thinks Nigeria is Lagos State grin
Come who are u fighting? Is it tinubu or APC... one day u will just die of hate..
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by bumtos(m): 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
Who is Tinubu?
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by klax(m): 7:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
Pls I want to ask a question is Tifnubu the president, vice president or maybe he is the new prime minister I guess

So apc or Nigeria is now *Tifnubu island* where he decided what and who is who in Nigeria Funny honestly, apc...................................
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by favourelisha(m): 7:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
Pls baba jagagban of yoruba land,go and jump inside lagoon like your oba said.Or you better hung transformer,drink acid and commit suicide.Selfish greedy goons.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by manuroq(m): 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
Do you want to change him? Selfish, crazy, arrogant man.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by lukxman(m): 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
Rejection of the notion is a normal phenomenon while forceful acceptability is also a way of life.

#Tinubu, this is the hard reality. You can reject it but the fact that it is real shall, with time, force you to accept it. It's a pity but, sorry, I can't help you out. I also get tears in my eyes but Saraki is not the reason why I'm crying. I'm crying because you own everything and I can't figure out how you come about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by lexy2014: 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
sukkot:
is that legal ? is he allowed to do that ?
saraki betrayed his party no doubt but constitutionally he did nothing wrong. There were about 57 senators in d senate yesterday. They had a quorum so it was all good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
Freemanan:

NFCS does dear
lolxx
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Moheat(m): 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
olatunji390:
Tinubu is too intelligent to make the statements of the wrote up. I don't believe on the source of the story

Did you attend Secondary School at all?
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by chocolatelady(f): 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Having listen to all of u on the Bukola as Senate President, now u guys should listen and ponder on this :
A) Right from onset I wanted Saraki to be the Senate president becos I believe he has the charisma and all it takes to lead the Senate. But the manner in which he emerged is anti democractic, lets be honest with ourselves. How can u treat ur party in such a manner becos of selfish interest. Believe u me, I know that Tinubu is over bearing though I am not his fan but u must accord him some respect becos if not for him, PDP wouldnt have been defeated and Bukola will always be a floor member even if he wins a Senatorial position. How can u suffer and work tirelessly to get something like a whole president and someone from nowhere will come and mess it up becos of personal ambition.
B. I am not pained that Saraki emerge as the Senate President but my worry is his deputy. How on earth should he allow that to happen. PDP in their 16yrs of leadership has never given opposition such a post. This is incredible !Why didnt he tell PDP that he can only part with Senate Leader and not DSP. This action will continue to hurt him as he remained the SP.
C. How will the change come about now, now that the party that APC sacked is back to power? PDP was sacked becos of corruption and impunity. Buhari promised to address these but how can he do that with PDP still in power.
I am definitely not happy with this development but the deed has been done. But I must say that APC must do something about it otherwise who knows what will happen next.
Our politicians always have this attitude of let me do it , if the other person is not happy he or she can go to court becos our judiciary is in a mess.
D. How will Saraki endorse a bill without begging PDP to accept it. Remember that David Mark with his 'ayes' have it has the final say on any issue. He does not care whether opposition agrees or not.
E. If Saraki is strong and sure of winning, why didnt he wait for other members or go for the meeting with them and hope that luck smiles at him at the end of the day.
F. I must tell u that with this act from Saraki, he has indirectly used his own hands to end his political career becos what he did is a coup and history will not be fair to him. Though, for now he may. Think that he is very smart but this type of smartness has consequences which he will not like at all.
Finally, there is something called Law of Karma and it follows u wherever u go. If care is not taken , he will not last on that seat for six months but al the same, I wish him well.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Reference(m): 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
WombRaiders:
is he a serving senator?

No!

case closed

The same thing happened in Rivers State. At a time one didn't know who was contesting for governor, Amaechi or Peterside. The public sort of hates this kind of thing, naked godfatherism. Is Tinubu now the party? The statement by Lai that APC 'has MANY leaders' will haunt that party. This evening someone rolled out the various leaders Lai may have activated by his gaffe. Leaders of: ACN - APC, CPC - APC, ANPP - APC, PDP - APC then you wonder where the likes of John Oyegun fit in. What exactly is his portfolio and where does he stand in all this. What we may be seeing in the APC could be likened to the delamination of a composite material Instead of the effeciencies gained by individual capacities and competencies.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Ndlistic(m): 7:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
Tinubu go and die in Lagoon.
Bukola Saraki-My man
Ayo Fayose-My Role Model
Wike-My Mentor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by olatunji390(m): 7:16pm On Jun 10, 2015
Moheat:

Did you attend Secondary School at all?

go and ask ur mother at home. she await u with good response. Ewu
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
Nickydonn:
lolxx
grin
Howdy love
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by StOla: 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
sukkot:
Yeah its all a sham. oh well. the LORD has the last say cheesy

romans 13 vs 1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

Such legislative impunity should have ended with PDP. Even Saraki will have to be sleeping with the mace now, since he has opened the pandora box. If 6 can impeach 19 in Ekiti, and a quorum is all that is required to begin deliberations, Saraki will be consumed by the fire he has kindled.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Sovet: 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
Tinubu has lost touch with reality... hahah u did against akande there use ur plan against u and u say it is impunity... hahaha

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
StOla:

Knowing fully well that his own party was harmonizing its position in a meeting he was equally to have attended, he rather proceeded to the chamber with 8 APC and 49 opposition senators and got himself elected unopposed and further went ahead to supervise the election of a PDP senator as deputy with 40+ votes.

A loyal party man and democrat we have there?
Whatever it is, you don't occupy the position of Senate Leader just by playing smart, it is not a military setting, it is democracy. Saraki has only open himself to rule over a divided house and also future disgrace when he is removed by court or elsewhere.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Moheat(m): 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
ybalogs:
The last time I checked Saraki is number 3 in Nigeria. Abeg which number Tinubu dey?
Number one weeed smooker

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
Freemanan:
grin Howdy love
kul u?
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Moheat(m): 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
ybalogs:
The last time I checked Saraki is number 3 in Nigeria. Abeg which number Tinubu dey?
Number 0
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Sovet: 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
chocolatelady:
Having listen to all of u on the Bukola as Senate President, now u guys should listen and ponder on this :
A) Right from onset I wanted Saraki to be the Senate president becos I believe he has the charisma and all it takes to lead the Senate. But the manner in which he emerged is anti democractic, lets be honest with ourselves. How can u treat ur party in such a manner becos of selfish interest. Believe u me, I know that Tinubu is over bearing though I am not his fan but u must accord him some respect becos if not for him, PDP wouldnt have been defeated and Bukola will always be a floor member even if he wins a Senatorial position. How can u suffer and work tirelessly to get something like a whole president and someone from nowhere will come and mess it up becos of personal ambition.
B. I am not pained that Saraki emerge as the Senate President but my worry is his deputy. How on earth should he allow that to happen. PDP in their 16yrs of leadership has never given opposition such a post. This is incredible !Why didnt he tell PDP that he can only part with Senate Leader and not DSP. This action will continue to hurt him as he remained the SP.
C. How will the change come about now, now that the party that APC sacked is back to power? PDP was sacked becos of corruption and impunity. Buhari promised to address these but how can he do that with PDP still in power.
I am definitely not happy with this development but the deed has been done. But I must say that APC must do something about it otherwise who knows what will happen next.
Our politicians always have this attitude of let me do it , if the other person is not happy he or she can go to court becos our judiciary is in a mess.
D. How will Saraki endorse a bill without begging PDP to accept it. Remember that David Mark with his 'ayes' have it has the final say on any issue. He does not care whether opposition agrees or not.
E. If Saraki is strong and sure of winning, why didnt he wait for other members or go for the meeting with them and hope that luck smiles at him at the end of the day.
F. I must tell u that with this act from Saraki, he has indirectly used his own hands to end his political career becos what he did is a coup and history will not be fair to him. Though, for now he may. Think that he is very smart but this type of smartness has consequences which he will not like at all.
Finally, there is something called Law of Karma and it follows u wherever u go. If care is not taken , he will not last on that seat for six months but al the same, I wish him well.
hahaha u have lost touch with reality :these is politics and it is all about interest
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by winterfell007(m): 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
;
ybalogs:
Number 160,000,00. Actually he's d last citizen of d republic grin
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Fab101(m): 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
Local league Champion,welcome to the National league where dia r so many skillful players than u ever thought......Inothernews the film go still get part 2
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by seunfape(m): 7:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
recognition under my foot.who care.though saraki is a thief but am always happy for free and fair election.
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by CriticalThought: 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
Tinubu has never and will never have the interest of Nigerians at heart, it is a fact

Its good how he is losing all his political influence

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by amakaffy: 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
Ramnon2:

Can someone tell this USELESS Tinubu that he has not held any national position before? He should STFU as Saraki (A FULANI FROM THE north), his former governor colleague, is now bigger than him.

Ode...how old her u? He was once a senator sir! Lol..., Wen Tinubu was senator.., ur papa n saraki still de school
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Day11(m): 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
lexy2014:
Constitutionally and legally, I don't think saraki breached any law. Afterall, they had a quorum so d senate could sit. Betraying his party, yes. But again tinubu only has himself 2 blame. D politics they play at d national assembly is quite different from what obtains in d rest of nigeria. This is a fact tinubu refused 2 acknowledge. He thought his tried and tested "tinubu formula"(selection instead of election) will work. U always need a different formula 2 work with these national assembly guys. They are very independent and ambitious

I agree with you, but in as much as i want Saraki to emerge as the SP, I never understood why Tinubu never wanted him until yesterday.

Who knows what Jagaban is even cooking behind now. All I want is PEACE.

Meanwhile Sai Buharyyyy wink
Re: Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
Nickydonn:
kul u?
Good Good.... Where have you been? Registered Nairaland because of you... #fulfilled

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. / Photos Of Abba Kyari, Ganduje, Masari, Dangote At IGP Son's Wedding Recently / President Buhari's Car Airlifted To Taraba As He Visits State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.