Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? (4391 Views)

UNIZIK Graduate Vows To Commit Suicide, Apologizes To His Mom / See The Kind Of Picture A Guy Took With His Mom (photo) / Mom Was Filming Her Baby Playing. Sees Something Scary In The Background [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Stillfire: 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
She should have minded her own business. Two agbayas quarreling and she decided to make it three agbayas.

2 Likes

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
Stillfire:
She should have minded her own business. Two agbayas quarreling and she decided to make it three agbayas.
she was only defending the love of her life
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by SAMBARRY: 7:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
sweetorgasm:
ure so unbelievable
for saying the truth wink
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:
for saying the truth wink
dats nt d truth

1 Like

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by SAMBARRY: 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
sweetorgasm:
dats nt d truth
then what is the truth undecided
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by SAMBARRY: 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2015
What else will you say before undecided
MMotimo:

1 You completely misread/misunderstood the story
2 Attacking someone's MIL or mother is inappropriate, to put it delicately. As for calling her names, that's all kinds of wrong

@OP

The story is not complete - what did MIL, son and DIL say exactly? What was the argument about? You can't judge without those details. Important to ask the questions before rushing to judgement
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by SAMBARRY: 8:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
Abeg Abeg spare me the b.s. iya iranu that's hitting more than 2 heads against each other is what. undecided

What's an elder there for if not to quell roforofo and ensure there's peace in her children's home but she's the one aggravating it

and as for that scoundrel rapist and incestuous fool who derives pleasure in sleep in with his mother, dinachi, koniye. Omaserukuni.omo iya.omo lasan ikeji aja undecided

any body wey im mama na 2ten naira ashawo should quotemme for nonsense angry undecided

if they see dog sef e go rape am.
MMotimo:

2 Attacking someone's MIL or mother is inappropriate, to put it delicately. As for calling her names, that's all kinds of wrong

@OP

The story is not complete - what did MIL, son and DIL say exactly? What was the argument about? You can't judge without those details. Important to ask the questions before rushing to judgement
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by snakebeat: 8:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
sweetorgasm:
she was only defending the love of her life
Not withstanding, she shouldn't have taken sides in their arguments, she should have remained plain sailing. Siding with her hubby against her MIL wasn't a wise move...
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by freecocoa(f): 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
AzeD1, awayu?
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by freecocoa(f): 9:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Abeg Abeg spare me the b.s. iya iranu that's hitting more than 2 heads against each other is what. undecided

What's an elder there for if not to quell roforofo and ensure there's peace in her children's home but she's the one aggravating it

and as for that scoundrel rapist and incestuous fool who derives pleasure in sleep in with his mother, dinachi, koniye. Omaserukuni.omo iya.omo lasan ikeji aja undecided

any body wey im mama na 2ten naira ashawo should quotemme for nonsense angry undecided

if they see dog sef e go rape am.
Kulyie, your werey is top notch o, read the story again, na mama and her son dey fight and the man wife come put mouth, no be husband and wife fight.grin

1 Like

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Agrika: 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2015
elantraceey:
Yes she did wrong , In such issues it is wise for the woman to be on a neutral ground else they will both bring her to the center of their quarrel .
Lol, u act as if you don't know how the typical African extended family behaves, tomorrow they will be like "a whole mama of ur husband dey quarell with ur hubby, u just stand there for one corner, u no fit put mouth" Aju nwanyi! Aluuuuuuu!!! Hehehe

2 Likes

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by SAMBARRY: 9:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
freecocoa:
Kulyie, your werey is top notch o, read the story again, na mama and her son dey fight and the man wife come put mouth, no be husband and wife fight.grin
worefa angry grin cool

1 Like

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by zeb04(f): 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
Did the wife say

Mama please don't be angry,don't let us quarrel over these. I believe we can settle amicably or atleast come to a compromise.

Or did she say

Look here woman,don't you come to my house and raise your voice at my husband. If you are not comfortable with the decision we have taken in our own home then you better excuse yourself. grin which?
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by AZeD1(m): 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
freecocoa:
AzeD1, awayu?
I'm good madam
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by freecocoa(f): 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
AZeD1:

I'm good madam
Good to know, just saying hi.
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by AZeD1(m): 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
freecocoa:
Good to know, just saying hi.
kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Kimoni: 12:52am On Jun 11, 2015
zeb04:
Did the wife say

Mama please don't be angry,don't let us quarrel over these. I believe we can settle amicably or atleast come to a compromise.

Or did she say

Look here woman,don't you come to my house and raise your voice at my husband. If you are not comfortable with the decision we have taken in our own home then you better excuse yourself. grin which?

I'm sure it doesn't matter, it's a lose-lose situation for her.

If she supports the husband, she is in trouble with the mil
If she supports the mil, she is in trouble with the husband
If she supports neither and takes a middle ground, she is in trouble with both of them.

The main grouse is that a "common wife", a common property aka family slave is daring to have a say in family issues.

God help women!

1 Like

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Fkforyou(m): 3:21am On Jun 11, 2015
Me against my Brother, My brother and I against the Intruder- Word, go figure it out.
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 11, 2015
Some people just have no sense.
Everything is gra gra and one way
It has been said a thousand times, to study your husband and the family you are marrying into before you totally go off on the wrong tangent.
Assuming you want peace o!

Mummy and son fighting and you started to side one person
no diplomacy
no trying to smooth things over
no soothing words
no aajo
so you are happy that they are fighting abi?
Mother and son o! not husband and neighbour or some random driver on the road.
Did your husband ask for backup?
You think the son is happy that you are figthing his own mother? . . . when things settle down you are on your own. . .or are they going to fight forever?
Elenu razor. Silly woman.

2 Likes

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by funlord(m): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2015
MMotimo:

@OP

grin
MMotimo:

@OP

That's her M.O on all threads! Don't bother with cretins!
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Ngokafor(f): 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
.....I do not think she should gave kept quiet,cos she would still be blamed as usual for being around and doing nothing...as per scape-goat level either way which is the lot of lots of married women..

...What she should do have done was to try to diffuse the situation in between supporting her MIL diplomatically...This is because most men are spineless when it comes to their mother and would be looking confused while their mum runs roughshod over their wives.

..Its better to have a MIL on your side and prevailing on their son than vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by jashar(f): 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
She for no put mouth. undecided

My mum usually tells me not to interfere with husband family issues. Even when asked an opinion or question, diplomatically shift it back to your husband. Not to talk of fight.
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by babygirlfl: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
The wife was wrong to take sides. She should have just left mother and son alone.
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Ewuro4: 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
tearoses:
It has been said a thousand times, to study your husband and the family you are marrying into before you totally go off on the wrong tangent.
no diplomacy
no soothing words
no aajo
You think the son is happy that you are figthing his own mother? . . . when things settle down you are on your own. . .or are they going to fight forever?

My sister don vex grin grin

When you tell them they say you're old school & championing achaic culture grin My dear wife please go ahead and wack your MIL's head join jare , who does she think she is waltzing into your nuclear home to fight your husband, what nerve angry grin

3 Likes

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by edwife(f): 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
tearoses:

no diplomacy
no soothing words
no aajo

I tired my sister.....
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
edwife:

I tired my sister.....
I 4LLOW U TIRE
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ewuro4:

My sister don vex grin grin

When you tell them they say you're old school & championing achaic culture grin My dear wife please go ahead and wack your MIL's head join jare , who does she think she is waltzing into your nuclear home to fight your husband, what nerve angry grin

Seriously some issues just sound so silly; and they start off really small and before one knows its totally escalated out of hand.
its like being uncouth is the new fashion
and when the tables are turned, and the person with the wound starts to eat the fly, they will say that they are being picked on
When MIL recovers from the attack and wages a 20 year war, no one will know what started it.

I know that mama's can be very dramatic sometimes cool
Why couldnt the DIL say something that will diffuse the situation.
Even if her hubby was right, she can do aajo and finish the matter with her hubby in the bedroom.
One day one day she may need that MIL o! and she may be the only one who can talk sense into her sons head.

2 Likes

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
edwife:

I tired my sister.....

grin
Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Jahblessme: 6:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
Do and you are damned,don't do and you are damned.
Of course they will all say you should broker peace but truth is it depends on what the issue was and the height of emotions at the moment.Knee jerk reaction would be to help hubby,wise thinking would be to ignore them both.
Many of us like to think that even in the worst situations we would all have the text book perfect reactions..

No one knows what went on so judging would be pretty hard.

My text book response would be to ensure the ATM cards are safe,cross check that all legal documents are in order then leave them kill each other if they want. grin

1 Like

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
Please, if she's supporting her husband for a right course, I don't see a problem with that.

As for hypocrites castigating the woman, I'm sure it'd have been a different whole post if husband was supporting his wife in a matter that's between wife and her mother.

TRASH!!!

2 Likes

Re: Was She Right To Have Defended Her Husband When His Mom Was Quarreling With Him? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 11, 2015
FrancisTony:
Please, if she's supporting her husband for a right course, I don't see a problem with that.

As for hypocrites castigating the woman, I'm sure it'd have been a different whole post if husband was supporting his wife in a matter that's between wife and her mother.

TRASH!!!

Oga drop your post and move on
No need to call anyone names
You dont like it when people do same to you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strongest Word Of Advice Your Dad Gave To You As a Teenager. / Moms Get In Here / What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.