Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution (47628 Views)

"Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today / Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation / Man Dies Having Sex With 4 Ladies In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by EwejeOyewole(m): 11:11am On Sep 29, 2015
OP, You are the best... You get sense pass Federal government
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by erumena(m): 11:16am On Sep 29, 2015
A very nice write up.
Gender equality is good but we should apply God's principle to it.
When you change God's original plan and you expect to get a better result, then you delude yourself. The man is the head of the home, the woman is a help meet for him, but some men also turned that statement into making women a second class citizen thereby changing God's original plan for couples.
Let us all study God's word and apply it correctly, then naturally everything will fall into place

2 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by shumuel(m): 11:31am On Sep 29, 2015
Wow! The best Article have read so far on Nairaland, its a pity it had to take 3 months to get to FP, sad sad.

Op, god bless your hussle, and may he grant you the best of maidens.
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Eneze1(f): 11:32am On Sep 29, 2015
tadedayo1:
Shame to all the single-rich ladies who can not pay themselves the bride-price and can not take care of the home since its obvious they earn better than the men.

They should pay their own bride price, take care of the home and still answer to a man. Shame on you for spewing this thrash. I hope you won't complain if the man is asked to start cooking and washing the plates.... no wonder some girls decided to remain single

3 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by jephito(m): 11:53am On Sep 29, 2015
I do not want to say this is completely on point, but it's 99% on point. Problems identified and solutions proffered.
The female folks knowing much about the obnoxious economy still won't support their male spouse who wants to be prudent with wedding plans.
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 29, 2015
Don't mind the OP.
OP, make sure you don't train nor send your DAUGHTERS to school.

In fact If you observe them doing well, please STOP them. Ensure you make them RETARDED.
Give them LEAD to eat everyday. It will help.

UNEMPLOYMENT in NIGERIA is as a result of POOR/LACK of planning by previous and succeeding governments over the years.

We need to RISE UP and place surveillance on succeeding governments.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by emerich(m): 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
sexylogan:

Quite the contrary.
I'm a resident doctor in a federal teaching hospital and I'm sure many of the guys that post on NL too are working class.

The truth is that there are more single and employed women than men.

NB
There is so much more to a happy and fulfilling relationship than sex.

True talk bro, also noticed same, could recall during my internship days at a Federal Teaching Hospital, the ratio of Male to Female Interns/House Officers was 20:80, hope something be done about this anomalies soonest.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by emerich(m): 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
sexylogan:

Quite the contrary.
I'm a resident doctor in a federal teaching hospital and I'm sure many of the guys that post on NL too are working class.

The truth is that there are more single and employed women than men.

NB
There is so much more to a happy and fulfilling relationship than sex.

True talk bro, also noticed same, could recall during my internship days at a Federal Teaching Hospital, the ratio of Male to Female Interns/House Officers was 20:80, hope something be done about these anomalies soonest.
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by demolinka(m): 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
Nice write up OP, lots of truisms and stuff. But like it or not some of these young highly placed ladies r not keen on getting married, some don't even fancy the idea of marriage. Infact saying that marriage is a necessity, is debatable - with respect to biblical doctrines. U failed to take into consideration other important factors hindering them like inter tribal polarities, religious sentiments, and even the men themselves (some guys nor dey try sha). Even when the Nigerian economy was booming in d early years, and young men had relatively good and stable jobs, did it stop cheating, or polygamy and the likes? Talk less of now when sense of value and morality is in tatters. Marriage is a very good thing but I believe it must never be forced or insisted upon as is the seeming practice these days. And no OP not all these ladies sleep with their bosses. Come on mehn! Where u hear dt one? Young lady take ur time b4 tying that knot. If u rush in, u may rush out. Egungun be kiavul!

4 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by niyidenrele: 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
NoIgwegbe:
Since I've started reading Nairaland, from what I have been reading here about how Nigerian men percieve Nigerian women, the only question running through my mind is " WHy would a NIgerian woman want to marry such men?"
Seriously being a man is not about having a penis. it takes more. Most men here talk more like animals who did not suck the breasts of their mother. like people who do not have mothers, sisters, or who would not have daughters in future.
I keep asking myself. Where do these people come from? Who trained men like these? WHy would a woman want to marry men like these?
NIgerian men, your mentality is why NIgerian women who are rich prefer to remain single.
They prefer to remain single. It was a conscious decision. They are not crying in their pillows, so save the sympathy for yourselves. you need it more. since you are both broke and single, and eagerly looking for rich working class women to take you out of your misery.

I am not saying that there are no women who sleep in church praying for husbands, there are miserable souls like that, but these days, most women are not so eager to marry the kind of men we have nowadays.

NIgerian men, you need to grow up. You need to search yourselves and find out first what it is to be a human being to your fellow human being. you need to understand what it means to love your neighbour as yourself.
Some men here, even argue that it is okay for a man to rape a woman simply because she drank his bottle of coke. 60m naira coke. And you wonder why NIgerian women prefer to remain single than be shackled with men like these?
Nigerian men, you need to sit down and understand what it is to be a man or a human being, before looking for single women to mock and blame for your sorrows in life.
.............Hmmmmm,Ogbeni v u read d ,book ,psychology of women.......m sure u will recant all u v sed
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by celebobo(m): 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2015
My broda na true u talk. God bless Nigeria,Amen.
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by maajin007(m): 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
May God bless the guy that wrote this thread;me and anyone that like the topic
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by maajin007(m): 1:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
May God bless the guy that wrote this thread;me and anyone that like this trend
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by dtermined(m): 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
400billionman:

I watched the finals live but dont wanna hear those repetitive lines of the judges. I was on another channel when this guy sang..

Nice, Yemi is my favorite musician. See what that big bearded guy did on stage after singing with Inyanya. The judges just rubbished him after all the showing off.

Humilty pays.

Na true talk u talk bro, anyway winner na still winner...
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Softing(m): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
Is simply the trust.......
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
The OP is correct 2 an extent..but the situation is as a result of general changing trends...How many men these days wantu marry women who are not self-sufficient?...That's d major reason why women are struggling these days 2 bcum gainfully employed..and even get so desperate about it to d point ov sleeping around...
How many men 'll appreciate settling down with a primary or sec schl teacher, for instance?...Everything's changing. There's no point wailing, I doubt pretty much that anything can be done about d situation. Randy old men 'll always be there looking 4 d services of desperate female graduates...Same way loose girls 'll continue 2 b there..Guys just need 2 find a way 2 step up their game...Entrepreneurship is also there if working under sb isn't paying well enough.

#Philosopher Quëën#
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
Did I 4get to mention that most scholars these days are women...Said it now...women are beginning 2 make waves academically...They graduate with good grades year in year out...leaving out the ones that "blocked" courses while in d university.

#Philosopher Quëën#

2 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by collinsville501: 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
said it all clap to you for speaking the truth to the world
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by tadedayo1: 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
Eneze1:

They should pay their own bride price, take care of the home and still answer to a man. Shame on you for spewing this thrash. I hope you won't complain if the man is asked to start cooking and washing the plates.... no wonder some girls decided to remain single

Eneze, I know and quite understand your point but the truth of the whole matter is, gender equality is obviously doing us (humans) more harm than good. Gender equality is not in God's design for humans.
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by jamih: 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2015
this is a nice post..
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by ugsams(m): 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
rudebouy:
Der are many oda reasons:

1. Most ladies dont wanna start small. How many Nigerian ladies want to marry a guy earning 60k per month and staying in a self-contain apartment?

2. Many guys are just too stupid. Day to want to spend 2 million naira for a wedding, insted of dem to just do a small wedding. So day keep saving and saving and the money is neva complete.

3. Most ladies are looking for ready-made guys, and day also want expensive weddings.

4. Wedding ceremonies have become compulsorily expensive. If some tribe give you marriage list ehn, you go believe God.

5. A lot of good guys have inferiority complex and cannot approach d rich single ladies, leaving dem at d mercy of gold-diggers and scammers who mess up dia lives and turn dem to tigress so d boomerang effect is dat day stop trusting men and as such become more unapproachable and thus remain single.

6. Most rich single ladies cant chase, toast or propose to guys becos of stereotype.

The list is endless actually.

Moral values are becoming very low
Wrong priority
Failed relationships in the past
Ethnicity and tribalism
Religious differences
Environment
Family background
Lifestyle
Genotype
Health challenges and deformity

And the list continues

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Iwonttell(m): 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2015
Gbam!May God bless the guy that wrote this thread
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by eojepa: 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
God bless you poster. U said my mind. I pray every Lady read this and get to understand appropriately. We will continue to bleep them against all odds. After so many yrs of relationship,they begin to nickname us devil even knowing that the economy does not favour us so much and we as sharp guys will not see a pit and dive into it, otherwise have issues out of wedlock . These days i love with my head and not my heart .
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
Etophikisi:
FRONT PAGE QUICKLY
eto pretimpitisi, etophisiki. I don spot you for nairaland o
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by flowjoe: 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
Realest sh.t I ever saw in romance section!
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Adaeze003(f): 12:21am On Sep 30, 2015
tadedayo1:

Eneze, I know and quite understand your point but the truth of the whole matter is, gender equality is obviously doing us (humans) more harm than good. Gender equality is not in God's design for humans.

Try not to bring God to your pettiness.
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by kechywillz(m): 12:42am On Sep 30, 2015
Op,like u know whats in our mind
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by bigazu(m): 9:20am On Sep 30, 2015
HaroldFinch:
Nice write up. I really commend your efforts OP. I however have another view to the discussion. I think our problems are also connected to the adoption of the white man lifestyle. Focus is more on the individual, rather than communal. We've fashioned a form of complexity to the way we live that makes it hard for us to believe that the only thing that works is one man one woman. Two, three or more working class women could find fulfilment in marriage with a man if it is properly maintained and which could solve the problem you raised. Errrm.. Human Rights Advocates would want to crucify me for my comment but, hey, has monogamy really worked for the white man?

God bless u my brother, as long as we refuse to practise polygamy in naija, dis problem will continue. Its even going to be 7 women begging one man to marry them, just to cover their reproach. There is no where in d bible where it says polygamy is a sin. The church should rise above western ideologies and save marriages from being broken, cos there is no way d desperation of our single sisters to marry or even bcom single mothers will not break so many monogamous homes.

2 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by tadedayo1: 9:34am On Sep 30, 2015
Adaeze003:

Try not to bring God to your pettiness.

Try also not to be like man. You can't even be regardless of how much you earn hourly and if you force yourself to be like man, you're saying that God made mistake in all His wonderful and beautiful creations.
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Adaeze003(f): 9:39am On Sep 30, 2015
tadedayo1:

Try also not to be like man. You can't even be regardless of how much you earn hourly and if you force yourself to be like man, you're saying that God made mistake in all His wonderful and beautiful creations.

Me, try to be like a man? Lol! I don't need to, I'll never have a peniss but I'll tell you what, I can be whatever I want. God didn't make anyone inferior to anyone and didn't prohibit anyone from having a career. So please, again, do not drag God into your pettiness!
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by Koolking(m): 9:48am On Sep 30, 2015
humilitypays:
As a single lady, lower your financial expectation from guys- the table is turning, fewer guys now have good means of income compared to ladies; you ladies asked for gender equality, you now have it, please make use of it, don't wait for a richer guy...if you are driving and you see a guy trekking whom you fancy, lift him and don't be shy to startup a focused-relationship with him...waiting for the richer guys driving bigger cars than yours may keep you waiting for eternity and may bring you more heartbreak because such guys now know that they are king to women and so they treat ladies with little/no respect.

Advice him to invest his income wisely! Encourage him to startup a side business to assist his salary because no salary is enough!

Quit those useless habits that drains your income! Quit smoking! Quit drinking! Quit gambling! Quit womanising; its a costly hobby! Quit clubbing around town! Quit squandering money on any girl who isn't your wife! Learn to invest, learn to nurture a business aside your job and learn to spend lesser than you earn! Don't use your last savings to buy a car just to feel among or just to attract irrelevant ladies! Car is more of a necessity until you become rich! For now, buying car should be to aid your financial growth and not for fun or pleasure!

It is no longer easy for single young guys in Nigeria even though most of them won't confess this to you due to male ego!

Grear article Op.

These are intellectually overwhelming points you have raised. However, Marriage is not all there is in life. It's just a mean to an end. It's becomes a problem because Nigerian girls yearn to marry already made Mr. Right, which at the end they won't stay satisfied in that marriage
Re: EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution by donem: 11:11am On Sep 30, 2015
@Humilitypays man this your article is wonderful devoid of any form of sentiment, no female bashing etc just plain truth.

its so dope had to bookmark it for reference purpose.

I sincerely think everyone have something to learn from this writeup.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

He Just Discover The Girl He Is Dating Has Marine Spirit/emere Advise Please / The Disadvantage Of Being Disvirgined Before Marriage. / Zimbabwe Headmaster Stabbed, Robbed Of School Vehicle, Cash During Bush Sex Romp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.