Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds - Agriculture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (142273 Views)

My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by obynodaddy2016: 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
eluquenson:
I have been following this thread for a while and i really learned a lot. Pls, i have an issue.
I had 7 broilers up to 5kg each and i intend selling them this december, but the unfortunate thing that happened was that i came home in the evening and found all the broilers dead inside the cage. Although, this is my first attempt to start with but, it was a big shock to me.

Pls, what could have happened?

picture(cage)
it's always good for u to be watchful of the birds poo, so that u can notice early symptoms, like water, green bloodish. Any of this could have given a clue to what actually got the birds.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omejeo: 7:50am On Dec 18, 2015
obynodaddy2016:
Greetings poo, goes to show u that ur birds has Newcastle disease. Go to a vet n get a drug for that n add vitamin to it, since they are weak. Add it powdery to the feed. Treat for three day. After three day, treat them with Lakota. Good luck
PLS SIR WHATS THE NAME OF THE DRUG TO BUY THANKS
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by obynodaddy2016: 8:21am On Dec 19, 2015
Depending on ur location, but if u can get viroforte. It will take care of it. But just ask the vet the one they have at their vet shop. Merry Xmas

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omejeo: 10:53am On Dec 21, 2015
obynodaddy2016:
Depending on ur location, but if u can get viroforte. It will take care of it. But just ask the vet the one they have at their vet shop. Merry Xmas
thanks
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by biggal: 6:38am On Dec 22, 2015
Dis is d 1st post I hv eva read from page 1 ti 11. Tanx to OP and all d contributors. Pls how was d mkt dis xmas any challenge pls share let's learn togeda. Am planning to start dis jan. Pls where can I buy 4wks broilers in ph am in abuloma. Trans amadi. Am planning to stat with 10. Or is it beta to go for DOCs. Pls advice
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 7:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
biggal:
Dis is d 1st post I hv eva read from page 1 ti 11. Tanx to OP and all d contributors. Pls how was d mkt dis xmas any challenge pls share let's learn togeda. Am planning to start dis jan. Pls where can I buy 4wks broilers in ph am in abuloma. Trans amadi. Am planning to stat with 10. Or is it beta to go for DOCs. Pls advice

. You welcome on board.
. It's better to start with day old chick's , so you learn the act of broiler production. Seeing them grow from Day 1 to maturity is a wonderful thing.
. You will learn alot growing from day old.
. Wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by FarmTech(m): 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2015
tuk2ato:
I have a small challenge on my farm, the well water got dried up due to harmattan, but there is a river close by. Can i make use of the river? If no, how can i purify the river water in order to be suitable for my broilers to drink?
Dont use without boiling well. Bacteria in our polluted rivers is sth else. Better to call a tanker to fill ur tank
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by FarmTech(m): 8:41pm On Dec 23, 2015
apexquest:
My birds have not fully recovered from their pox infection but they are due for their monthly lasota now.. What do I do Should I suspend their treatment for now n vaccinate them or wait for it to completely dry up.
Pox dont normally make the birds weak. That is, if it is the dry form - the one that produce boils on their face and comb. The wet form is more dangerous. If they are healthy and shows no sign of respiratory problem, give lasota. But I'll recommend u first give a broad spectrum antibiotics like neoceryl plus, amoxicillin, tylodox or oxytetracyclin. After giving the drug for the recommended days you can give lasota a day after u finish treatment.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by FarmTech(m): 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
mbuotidemjames:

The name of the birds is AGRITED.....thats what I used in the first batch and I started selling them by 5 weeks.
For the feeds....im using TOP FEEDS.
Is there any suggestion of boosters to use to make them grow fast and heavy because they are so light and they resemble our native birds which can eat very well but not growing fast....please help
Seems like u didnt treat for coccidiosis. The damage have been done to their intestines. They can no longer assimilate feed efficiently. Give them herbs like pawpaw, bitter, moringa leaves.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by FarmTech(m): 9:46pm On Dec 23, 2015
omejeo:
their eye is dillated very weak,their head is normal . they make big sound like dog not normal ,some their eye swollen, they have cough,few are not eating thanks
Might be coryza. Try erythromycin, amoxicillin, keproceryl, tylodox...
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Give them finisher.
OR
If you don't want to sell them in the next one month, give them Growers for two weeks before you give them finisher.
The grower helps to increase their hight so when you finish them, they becomes very big.

Good work bro. Please I need you to guide me. I want to produce 1500 broiler birds. thanks, waiting for your reply
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2015
jusjuded:

Good work bro. Please I need you to guide me. I want to produce 1500 broiler birds. thanks, waiting for your reply
Okay bro, am here to help you get good results
Hope you have market for it. In 6 weeks time you should be selling. Profit should be from 1.5 million n above.
My number is below.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omejeo: 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Hope you have market for it. In 6 weeks time you should be selling. Profit should be from 1.5 million n above.
My number is below.
BOSS what are the best time to stock Easter bird
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by alakara(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
omejeo:
NOW
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
Goldenboy842:

My number is below.

Thanks a lot sir .
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omejeo: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
alakara:

NOW
thanks which brand do you suggest
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2016
jusjuded:

Thanks a lot sir .

. U are welcome.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2016
omejeo:
2 months to Easter.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Besto(m): 3:13pm On Jan 01, 2016
Goldenboy842:
2 months to Easter.
2kini
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 3:40pm On Jan 01, 2016
[quote author=Besto post=41550607]

2kini[/quot
With the right Guardian You should be selling at two months then by the 10th week you are through selling the birds.

Broilers are fast growing birds which attend market weight of about 2.00 to 3.00kg within 8-10 weeks.
If you keep it longer than 10 weeks, you wasting your time and money. It will eat into your profits. The best thing to do is to start selling at the 8th week.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omejeo: 5:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
Goldenboy842:

2 months to Easter.
THANKS BOSS WHICH BRAND IS THE BEST
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
omejeo:
THANKS BOSS WHICH BRAND IS THE BEST
You mean companies that hatch day old chick?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omejeo: 7:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
Goldenboy842:

You mean companies that hatch day old chick?
YES BOSS
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by davidimho(m): 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
Good day,
I need advise, my DOC's will arrive on Friday this week,and I haven't been able to get wood shavings for the brooding house, can I use newspaper as an alternative, and the only type of feeds I can get close to me is hybrid feed, hope this is also ok,I intend to start small with 50birds towards the forth coming Easter in March,I also hope it won't be too late to start now..thanks for all the info it is what I have read here that has made me believe I can start somewhere.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
omejeo:
YES BOSS
I use that of Zartech though expensive, you can make do of Chi or any one close to you.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omejeo: 6:59am On Jan 07, 2016
Goldenboy842:

I use that of Zartech though expensive, you can make do of Chi or any one close to you.
thanks boss
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2016
omejeo:
thanks boss

My pleasure bro.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by tabontabon: 7:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
@ Westrnzdbyd4lt,pls how much do you sell/kg to the eateries and from your cold room.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by vintino(m): 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
hello house,
i have been following the thread since october,
i want to stock for easter and am planning getting my 4weeks old chicks by feb 7th.
hope its not to early or late?
advice needed! thanks
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by macdot(m): 6:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
vintino:
hello house,
i have been following the thread since october,
i want to stock for easter and am planning getting my 4weeks old chicks by feb 7th.
hope its not to early or late?
advice needed! thanks

That means they will be 7 weeks on Easter Sunday. I will advise you to stock this January so as to have bigger birds for easter
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kennyausta: 10:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
Goldenboy842:

Top feed & multi feed are good cos some analysis has been carried out on the feeds content.
I don't really know about Hybrid cos I ve not used it, since its d only one available you can go for it.
Please use starter feed instead of grower next time. Thanks a lot bro.

Bro if I can get u clearly, is it not adiceable to use starter, grower and finisher for a broiler bird? From what I understand u said is starter feed from 1-5 weeks and finisher from 6weeks on. From a day old what will they be eating?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by vintino(m): 12:49am On Jan 24, 2016
macdot:

That means they will be 7 weeks on Easter Sunday. I will advise you to stock this January so as to have bigger birds for easter
thanks for early response, am actually getting 4weeks old,
who can suggest a better supplierof 4 weeks old chics around osun state?
and please what is the cost per chics?
how many bags of finisher should i be expecting them to consume in the course of the 6weeks..
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.