Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (142164 Views)

My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by eluquenson(m): 10:46am On Nov 30, 2015
Goldenboy842:

You can use the water but if it's dirty, use white clothes or cotton wool to filter it.
I have been following this thread for a while and i really learn a lot. Pls, i have an issue.
I had 7 broilers up to 5kg each and i intend selling them this december, but the unfortunate thing that happened was that i came home in the evening and found all the broilers dead inside the cage. Although, this is my first attempt to start with but, it was a big shock to me.

Pls, what could have happened?

picture(cage)

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by tuk2ato(m): 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
Thank you, but dont they stand the chance of having a diseases if the water is contaminated. It is a flowing river, and people might have dumped alot of contaminants.
Goldenboy842:

You can use the water but if it's dirty, use white clothes or cotton wool to filter it.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by apexquest(m): 11:19am On Dec 02, 2015
My birds have not fully recovered from their pox infection but they are due for their monthly lasota now.. What do I do Should I suspend their treatment for now n vaccinate them or wait for it to completely dry up.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by macdot(m): 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2015
apexquest:
My birds have not fully recovered from their pox infection but they are due for their monthly lasota now.. What do I do Should I suspend their treatment for now n vaccinate them or wait for it to completely dry up.

Please do not vaccinate sick birds. Treat them first and vaccinate when they have recovered. Good luck
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 3:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
apexquest:
Do not vaccinate the birds if they still sick.
They will die.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by apexquest(m): 10:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
macdot:

Please do not vaccinate sick birds. Treat them first and vaccinate when they have recovered. Good luck
I have started treating them for like a week now...they are all eating very well....they don't look sick at all.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by apexquest(m): 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Do not vaccinate the birds if they still sick.
They will die.
But they don't look sick...that all eating well..
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Westrnzdbyd4lt(m): 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2015
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by oludarekehinde(m): 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
Broilers Chicken for sale at KEDOTY FARM Elerangbe ibeju lekki lagos #2,500 per one. Their kg is between 4&5kg. Contact for booking 08053690928
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by macdot(m): 2:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
Westrnzdbyd4lt:
Negotiating with a farmer in Kaduna to get live chicken transported from his farm to Abuja transportation is at 19000 for 400 birds. He has a total of 2800 birds .We both agree that we will split the cost. So that's like 24 naira per bird on my part. I also have a place in Madalla close to the market where the birds will stay on arrival so the mallams can come check it out.

My plan is to resell wholesale to mallams around me.Already have 4 mallams willing to buy but they insist they have to see it before they talk price
The farmer has asked me to say how much i propose to buy from him . I know a six week old broilers (shooters)will be like 1.8 -2.0 kg live weight.
How much will you recommend I buy these 6weeks old from the farmer? He also says he has normal ones like 1.3-1.4 live weight. Do u think getting from Kaduna makes sense? The advantage is that he is willing to let me pay him in bits. Any advice please?
Why don't you look for farmers around Abuja axis instead since there are lots of farms in Abuja. I feel that will be better because those mallams can frustrate life out of you by offering very low prices. Also, you can try and get hotels or eateries in abuja so that you can supply to them directly. That way, you will make more profit than calling the mallams. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Westrnzdbyd4lt(m): 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
Thank you sir for the response.Yes you are absolutely right. But farms in Abuja want cash. Since Im getting on credit more or less from Kaduna. I want to take advantage of that opportunity.
I actually have two hotels I supply to but size they require are 1.5-1.6kg dressed weight so I just supply them the likes of Zartech, Big sam etc

Although one restaurant wants 150 dressed birds of 1-1.3 kg so I will be giving them from that also.I just thot with the mallams i can sell faaster even if margin not much as long im able to sell off large volumes. Sometimes most of the restaurants and hotels never pay on time.
I recently just got a shop in Dutse and want to be selling only dressed farm fresh well packaged (shrink bags)with all the giblets included size 1-1.2kg perhaps if the mallam are not speaking good money I'll kill/dress them all and put in my cold room hopefully I will be able to sell all before year runs out. Any tip on strategic marketing will be appreciated smiley . Thank you for your time.

macdot:

Why don't you look for farmers around Abuja axis instead since there are lots of farms in Abuja. I feel that will be better because those mallams can frustrate life out of you by offering very low prices. Also, you can try and get hotels or eateries in abuja so that you can supply to them directly. That way, you will make more profit than calling the mallams. Good luck
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by macdot(m): 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
Westrnzdbyd4lt:
Thank you sir for the response.Yes you are absolutely right. But farms in Abuja want cash. Since Im getting on credit more or less from Kaduna. I want to take advantage of that opportunity.
I actually have two hotels I supply to but size they require are 1.5-1.6kg dressed weight so I just supply them the likes of Zartech, Big sam etc

Although one restaurant wants 150 dressed birds of 1-1.3 kg so I will be giving them from that also.I just thot with the mallams i can sell faaster even if margin not much as long im able to sell off large volumes. Sometimes most of the restaurants and hotels never pay on time.
I recently just got a shop in Dutse and want to be selling only dressed farm fresh well packaged (shrink bags)with all the giblets included size 1-1.2kg perhaps if the mallam are not speaking good money I'll kill/dress them all and put in my cold room hopefully I will be able to sell all before year runs out. Any tip on strategic marketing will be appreciated smiley . Thank you for your time.
Yes getting your own shop and packaging them will go a long way in boosting your revenue so far you can always power your cold room. About the Abuja farmers wanting cash, well i dont blame them cos most of those mallams do owe a lot and never pay on time. So it all depends on the kind of trust you create between you and the farmer as well as your terms of payment cos atleast a lot of farmers do supply to hotels and all and they don't pay immediately. Anyway its a lucrative business so far you can do the running around and package them and most importantly, by limiting your dealings with the mallams. Thank you
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by mbuotidemjames: 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
Please farmers....i need a very serious help....

My broilers are 4weeks and 2 days today....but they are still looking like 2weeks broilers and some have grown enof hairs all over their body but they are very very smal. The first batch I did,i started selling dem at 5 weeks but this ones are not inviting at all.....i was battling wit coccidiosis for 6 days last week with different drugs until it stopped when I used kepcox and attack.

I started giving dem biovite plus but wen dey poop,its comes with small blood and I was told to withdraw d drugs. My problem now is that I want to knw why dey r not growing fast and i need help on the type of BOOSTERS and ViTAMINS to give dem so that I can sell dem off by xmas period. Please reply. Thank u.

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omejeo: 6:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
pls what drug will i give to my bird they have clog of fat on thier body thanks
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by macdot(m): 12:19am On Dec 11, 2015
mbuotidemjames:

My broilers are 4weeks and 2 days today....but they are still looking like 2weeks broilers and some have grown enof hairs all over their body but they are very very smal. The first batch I did,i started selling dem at 5 weeks but this ones are not inviting at all.....i was battling wit coccidiosis for 6 days last week with different drugs until it stopped when I used kepcox and attack.

I started giving dem biovite plus but wen dey poop,its comes with small blood and I was told to withdraw d drugs. My problem now is that I want to knw why dey r not growing fast and i need help on the type of BOOSTERS and ViTAMINS to give dem so that I can sell dem off by xmas period. Please reply. Thank u.

There are different breeds of broilers, we have the fast growers and we also have those that dont mature to table size until they are 8 weeks or thereabouts. So maybe that's the issue here. Also, which feed are you using? It might be a determinant.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by mbuotidemjames: 6:57am On Dec 11, 2015
macdot:

There are different breeds of broilers, we have the fast growers and we also have those that dont mature to table size until they are 8 weeks or thereabouts. So maybe that's the issue here. Also, which feed are you using? It might be a determinant.

The name of the birds is AGRITED.....thats what I used in the first batch and I started selling them by 5 weeks.
For the feeds....im using TOP FEEDS.
Is there any suggestion of boosters to use to make them grow fast and heavy because they are so light and they resemble our native birds which can eat very well but not growing fast....please help
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by macdot(m): 2:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
mbuotidemjames:

The name of the birds is AGRITED.....thats what I used in the first batch and I started selling them by 5 weeks.
For the feeds....im using TOP FEEDS.
Is there any suggestion of boosters to use to make them grow fast and heavy because they are so light and they resemble our native birds which can eat very well but not growing fast....please help

The feed is okay and agrited birds are good too but anyway, Yes there are different boosters you can mix with their feeds or in their water. Just enter any vet shop and ask. Eg maxigrowth or something like that and you can be giving them multivitamins as well. All the best
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by mbuotidemjames: 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
macdot:

The feed is okay and agrited birds are good too but anyway, Yes there are different boosters you can mix with their feeds or in their water. Just enter any vet shop and ask. Eg maxigrowth or something like that and you can be giving them multivitamins as well. All the best

Thankyou sire.
Do you know about wheat yeast(feeds for pigs)?. Someone advised me to be mixing in the top feeds for them for optimal weight? Im scared.....wont it affect them?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Twinmama(f): 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
Broilers for sale, 2500 each. location-Ring road, Dugbe, Mokola all in Ibadan. call 07056166160
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by macdot(m): 9:05am On Dec 14, 2015
mbuotidemjames:

Thankyou sire.
Do you know about wheat yeast(feeds for pigs)?. Someone advised me to be mixing in the top feeds for them for optimal weight? Im scared.....wont it affect them?
You are welcome and no, i don't know about that.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2015
omejeo:
pls what drug will i give to my bird they have clog of fat on thier body thanks

Just add some bitter leave powder to the feed

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2015
mbuotidemjames:

Their growth has been stunted by the disease.
Increase the feed change water often.
Add green herbs to their feeds.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Cleoo(f): 11:05am On Dec 15, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Their growth has been stunted by the disease.
Increase the feed change water often.
Add green herbs to their feeds.
what type of green herbs please? And will it make them gain more weight?

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omejeo: 12:10am On Dec 16, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Just add some bitter leave powder to the feed
THANKS SIR PLS WHAT OF GREEN POO
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 8:27am On Dec 16, 2015
omejeo:
THANKS SIR PLS WHAT OF GREEN POO

What is GREEN POO
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 8:30am On Dec 16, 2015
Cleoo:
what type of green herbs please? And will it make them gain more weight?
Moringa, paw paw leaf, Aspira, Momordica Charan tia etc. The damage has been done but it will help improve the growth

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omejeo: 9:43am On Dec 16, 2015
Goldenboy842:

What is GREEN POO
MY BIRD THEIR FEACES IS GREEN IN COLOR AND WATERY
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
omejeo:
MY BIRD THEIR FEACES IS GREEN IN COLOR AND WATERY
Is their head swollen?
Can you see mucus in d nose?,
are they eating well, how is their feathers.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 10:00pm On Dec 16, 2015
eluquenson:
I have been following this thread for a while and i really learned a lot. Pls, i have an issue.
I had 7 broilers up to 5kg each and i intend selling them this december, but the unfortunate thing that happened was that i came home in the evening and found all the broilers dead inside the cage. Although, this is my first attempt to start with but, it was a big shock to me.

picture(cage)

No space for exercise,
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 10:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
eluquenson:
I have been following this thread for a while and i really learned a lot. Pls, i have an issue.

picture(cage)

No space for exercise,
probably the feeders were not even raised above their height wic would have made them to stretch n jump to get food.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by omejeo: 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Is their head swollen?
Can you see mucus in d nose?,
are they eating well, how is their feathers.
their eye is dillated very weak,their head is normal . they make big sound like dog not normal ,some their eye swollen, they have cough,few are not eating thanks
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by obynodaddy2016: 4:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
Greetings poo, goes to show u that ur birds has Newcastle disease. Go to a vet n get a drug for that n add vitamin to it, since they are weak. Add it powdery to the feed. Treat for three day. After three day, treat them with Lakota. Good luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.