Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (141968 Views)

My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by pcoolioz(m): 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
kay29000:

Not for 100 o! I was giving you information for the last batch I did, which was 50 chicks from day old. And I got the white ones, not the black ones. I got them to 2.2kg each.

oh okay thanks so much...I think I have all I need, I assumed it was the black cos we asked for price of white day old and they were 5n per one.
so like 250 for a carton, that's why I assumed..maybe different seasons sha.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
pcoolioz:

oh okay thanks so much...I think I have all I need, I assumed it was the black cos we asked for price of white day old and they were 5n per one.
so like 250 for a carton, that's why I assumed..maybe different seasons sha.

5Naira? Are you serious? And I was getting mine for 30Naira per one. Please which state are you?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by pcoolioz(m): 6:58am On Sep 22, 2015
kay29000:

5Naira? Are you serious? And I was getting mine for 30Naira per one. Please which state are you?

Lagos, but we asked chi farms, which is in ib i guess, the white as about a week ago when we called was 5n and the black was 25..maybe you always buy through an agent ..
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Cleoo(f): 7:39am On Sep 22, 2015
Please can you drop the CHI number? Thanks
pcoolioz:

Lagos, but we asked chi farms, which is in ib i guess, the white as about a week ago when we called was 5n and the black was 25..maybe you always buy through an agent ..
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 8:12am On Sep 22, 2015
pcoolioz:

Yes I buy through an agent. Thank you for the response.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by just4just: 9:00am On Sep 23, 2015
I need a poultry pen to rent to raise broiler for Xmas. Anyone who has info or has one to lease should tell me
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by macdot(m): 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
just4just:
I need a poultry pen to rent to raise broiler for Xmas. Anyone who has info or has one to lease should tell me
where is your location?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by macdot(m): 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
just4just:
location?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kennyman2000(m): 6:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
Goodday to all great farmers and poultry farmers in the house.

A friend of mine needs poultry feeds sacks.. All those big poultry feed sacks in large quantity..

He's really interested. If u have them available for sale. Kindly let me know or u've contact of anyone who has.. Kindly help with it.

Location should be within lagos and ogun state.

Thanks..
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by alanimi200(m): 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
Hello Frds in house please just want to kw when will one stop brooding with charcol for boiler 7 or 14 days I also want to know when will one stop giving light to boiler at night. Look forward to hear from u . Thanks
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Gadgetmobil(m): 9:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
Learning
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 6:33am On Sep 29, 2015
alanimi200:
Hello Frds in house please just want to kw when will one stop brooding with charcol for boiler 7 or 14 days I also want to know when will one stop giving light to boiler at night. Look forward to hear from u . Thanks

. You can withdraw d stove at 9 days old , you will continue with d 200 watt electric bulb until 17 days then start reducing d number of bulb evry week.
. The essence of electric bulb at nite is to provide heat especially wen they are still within 21 days.
. At 28 days, the light is to enable them eat at nite cos solong they seeing , they eat from morning till nigth.
. If you want to control their eating then you off the light at night but then you must make sure you secure the place from snake.
. Hope this helped
wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by alanimi200(m): 10:14am On Sep 29, 2015
Thank u a lot am grateful aur guys are wonderful
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by atama27(m): 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
kay29000:
Hmm! I still prefer Cockrels sha! Broilers did me strong thing when I tried them last year...I almost lost my mind when I had to keep digging up holes in my garden to bury chicks. Hey, I ain't trying to discourage anyone, just letting people know they are challenges. Although my Cockrels take 5 months to reach maturity, I have a very low mortality rate. Sometimes, I don't even lose any chicks at all. I mean, I buy 100 Day Old Chicks, and when it is time to sell, I have 100 grown chickens to sell.
poor management practice is probably what made you loose your birds,i have a small farm, when I started I usually loose 15 percent of the birds I bring, but when I did a seminar on biosecurity, I realized I have been killing my birds..lol..but now, with God on my side, if I bring 200 birds, by week 8 I will have 197 left.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
atama27:
poor management practice is probably what made you loose your birds,i have a small farm, when I started I usually loose 15 percent of the birds I bring, but when I did a seminar on biosecurity, I realized I have been killing my birds..lol..but now, with God on my side, if I bring 200 birds, by week 8 I will have 197 left.

That's great.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Twinmama(f): 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2015
Infos here are resourceful. I'm planning on starting mine Oct 15, so I can do xmas sale. I have read through. I will still need your infos as time goes on. Keep it up
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by adexsimply(m): 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
Aspiring Broilers Farmer here... A couple of questions for the house:
Must all vaccination be administer via injection (with a syringe) ? Are there alternatives to this method?
Can I get the formula(itemized) for these set of feeds(Starter, Grower, Finisher) ?
I hope to start with 50 birds what technical advices/instructions can you give to me ?
Can I know the most ideal brooders' pen for 50 DOCs?
@ Goldenboy842 @ atama27
Thanks.
NOTE: I intend to test-run with 50 chicks and if they turn out well, I may go on a fairly large scale. So your help will be well appreciated
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by adexsimply(m): 6:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
Twinmama:
Infos here are resourceful. I'm planning on starting mine Oct 15, so I can do xmas sale. I have read through. I will still need your infos as time goes on. Keep it up
I intend starting on that same date too. If you don't mind, you can carry me along with all your processes. embarassed
Thanks
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
adexsimply:
Aspiring Broilers Farmer here... A couple of questions for the house:
Must all vaccination be administer via injection (with a syringe) ? Are there alternatives to this method?
Can I get the formula(itemized) for these set of feeds(Starter, Grower, Finisher) ?
I hope to start with 50 birds what technical advices/instructions can you give to me ?
Can I know the most ideal brooders' pen for 50 DOCs?
@ Goldenboy842 @ atama27
Thanks.
NOTE: I intend to test-run with 50 chicks and if they turn out well, I may go on a fairly large scale. So your help will be well appreciated
YOU don't need injection to vaccinate broilers as you not keeping them for more than 3 months.
It is advisable to use commercial feed for a start.
. Starter 1-4 weeks.
. Grower 4-6th Week ( optional)
. Finisher 6th-10th week.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by whitecloth: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2015
larrypourl:
for those asking for feed. broiler starter from week 1 to 4-5weeks, then you start with broiler finisher.(top feed is advisable, its expensive but you'll get your result).
vaccination programs
1. gumboro I on 7th day of arrival.
2. coccidiostant to be administered on day 12.
3. NDV Lacota on 3weeks.
4. Gumboro II on 4th week.
5. dewormer. on 6-7 days after gumboro II is administered.
6. you use growth promotant or booster which allows them to convert the feed into flesh faster.

NOTE.
After administering any vaccines you give them biovit or vitalyte the following day so as to reduce the stress they went through during the process and all the vaccination equipment should be properly disposed and those that need washing should be washed with disinfectant because if you don't they are live virus/bacterial. and you bury the container housing the vaccine too., if it drops on the wool shaving make sure you pack that part immediately and replace with dry ones.

Once you can practice hygiene in poultry you'll surely succee
is it advisable to stock from 4 wks old this November first week ?

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
Goldenboy842:

YOU don't need injection to vaccinate broilers as you not keeping them for more than 3 months.
It is advisable to use commercial feed for a start.
. Starter 1-4 weeks.
. Grower 4-6th Week ( optional)
. Finisher 6th-10th week.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by crownzade(m): 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
Good evening agropreneurs in the house, I noticed my birds (18 days) are not eating as I expected them to eat. What should I do?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by tuk2ato(m): 3:30am On Oct 17, 2015
Please Sir, at what stage of life should the starter, grower and finisher be introduced to broiler birds and how much does Amo sell the 3 different classes of feeds above? The op didnt talk about finisher feeds, is it that finisher feeds isnt really important? Thank you.
Dotzen:
For best growth of your birds, go for Amo Byng feed. You can get it at any part of the country from their distributors or visit their factories at:

Km 7, Aba Port Harcourt Express way, Alaoji Aba, Abia State

Along Ife Odan Road, Awe, Oyo State

Yakubu Gowon way, Jos, Plateau State

They offer mouth-watering discount to both farmers and distributors dealing with them and provide training for all intending distributors.

If you requires more information, feel free to contact Mr. Gideon on 08035481305

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by tuk2ato(m): 3:30am On Oct 17, 2015
Please Sir, at what stage of life should the starter, grower and finisher be introduced to broiler birds and how much does Amo sell the 3 different classes of feeds above? The op didnt talk about finisher feeds, is it that finisher feeds isnt really important? Thank you.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by macdot(m): 5:59am On Oct 17, 2015
tuk2ato:
It depends on how many weeks you intend rearing them for, however if its for 8 weeks, starter is for the first 4 weeks while finisher is for the last 4 weeks.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by tuk2ato(m): 6:14am On Oct 17, 2015
Thank you for your response, i am considering 7 weeks. Are you saying i dont need to feed them growers? Which combination gives optimum weight starter, grower and finisher or starter and finisher or starter and finisher?
macdot:

It depends on how many weeks you intend rearing them for, however if its for 8 weeks, starter is for the first 4 weeks while finisher is for the last 4 weeks.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2015
crownzade:
Good evening agropreneurs in the house, I noticed my birds (18 days) are not eating as I expected them to eat. What should I do?

. Add vit.c to d water n chng d water twice a day.
. Remove every source of heat.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by nwosupato(m): 12:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
4 weeks 5days old.. thank God only 2 mortality out of 1000 birds

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by nwosupato(m): 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2015
Goldenboy842:

. Add vit.c to d water n chng d water twice a day.
. Remove every source of heat.
. And also
Lighten up d room
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2015
nwosupato:
. And also
Lighten up d room
. Yes cos if they do not see they will not eat.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by macdot(m): 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2015
tuk2ato:
Thank you for your response, i am considering 7 weeks. Are you saying i dont need to feed them growers? Which combination gives optimum weight starter, grower and finisher or starter and finisher or starter and finisher?

You dont necessarily need grower for broilers. Its meant for pullets. The best way for broilers is to start with prestarter, switch to starter after a week or tops 2 and finish with finisher from 4 weeks old.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by benzion72(m): 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
Goldenboy842:

God will help you. You will gain admission into school.
Are you going for Agriculture?

Please when you get admission, please don't abandon this kind of work. Make it a part time biz. That is the problem with us in Nigeria a boy trained with laundry money who see laundry biz as demeaning and will rather starve that start one and find means of improving it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.