Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (141957 Views)

My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures / My Younger Brother's Devastated, He Lost All 150 Birds To Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by AgbenuAnna(f): 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Nice work, is like you are always there with them.
They ve passed d delicate time, success is sure. God bless the fruit of your work
thank u.am currently home still waiting for admission

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
AgbenuAnna:
thank u.am currently home still waiting for admission
God will help you. You will gain admission into school.
Are you going for Agriculture?

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by AgbenuAnna(f): 9:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
Goldenboy842:

God will help you. You will gain admission into school.
Are you going for Agriculture?
no public administration .I just came to like poultry farm

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by pdf90(m): 11:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
Nice one, OP..

I wrote this course yesterday after we carried out the practical----Essentials of Entrepreneurship, majoring on Aquaculture, and Poultry...

The sole aim of every Entrepreneur is to make profit, and at such, for your poultry to be a success, you need good management which includes good observation skills and attention to ensure growth, health, and low mortality..

• Broilers need ultimate CARE..
• Avoid saw dusts but rather use, wood shaving..
• Be careful to note any slight change in behavior. For instance;
----- When they crowd near the heat source, chirping loudly, note that the temperature is LOW..

----- When they move away from the heat source, panting, note that the temperature is too HIGH..

----- When they are fairly quiet, and evenly spaced around the heat source, note that the temperature is ADEQUATE..

Success cool cool..

what course are you studying ?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by bosaty2003(m): 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
please do not leave this farming.

Have your education for better enlightenment but please and please hold on to your farming.

please take note.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
3weeks six days

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by salam12(m): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
Goldenboy842:
3weeks six days

Great job you are doing is manifesting in the birds. What is average weight at 3wks and feed consumption rate recorded weekly.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by noeloge82(m): 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
Good job but what's d mortality rate and which hatchery did u collect d day old from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
Good work bro. Keep it up
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by just4just: 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
Goldenboy842:
3weeks six days

When dd u remove the heat source
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by teflondoncuzo(m): 6:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
Nice post, plz if u in Lagos I would like to visit ur poultry
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
just4just:

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
just4just:

. Stove was removed @ 7 days old.
. Electric bulb was removed @ 14 days.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by queeny788(f): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2015
please do you have an ebook for broiler bird rearing for maximum profit and when do I start if I wnt to sell in Xmas period.
Thanks @ Of (Goldenboy842)
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by makinde3: 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
queeny788:
please do you have an ebook for broiler bird rearing for maximum profit and when do I start if I wnt to sell in Xmas period.

Yes and is free on Google and search for broiler chicken production
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 5:36am On Aug 03, 2015
queeny788:
Yea, I have a comprehensive ebook on broiler birds production. How to calculate the relative amount of feed you need in a specific number of birds, how to vaccinate, how to brood birds to reduce mortality.
This my number 08160403222.
If you want to sell this xams period , you need to start in October first week, cos by 8th week you should start selling, then by the 10th week you must have sold all to maximize profit.
Thnk you for stopping by.

2 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by AreaFada2: 5:56am On Aug 03, 2015
kay29000:
Hmm! I still prefer Cockrels sha! Broilers did me strong thing when I tried them last year...I almost lost my mind when I had to keep digging up holes in my garden to bury chicks. Hey, I ain't trying to discourage anyone, just letting people know they are challenges. Although my Cockrels take 5 months to reach maturity, I have a very low mortality rate. Sometimes, I don't even lose any chicks at all. I mean, I buy 100 Day Old Chicks, and when it is time to sell, I have 100 grown chickens to sell.

Is there much demand for cockerels?

Since you have to feed them for 5 months, how is the profit margins? I mean you spend a lot on feed.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2015
AreaFada2:

Is there much demand for cockerels?

Since you have to feed them for 5 months, how is the profit margins? I mean you spend a lot on feed.

I feed them for 4 months, not 5 months. And yes, there is demand for any kind of chicken...so, yes, there is demand for cockerels. It might not be like the demand for broilers, but there is demand. I target market women that sell chicken in cages all year round; they prefer cockerels and layers to broilers cos broilers are not as strong. I am still working on how to sell in hundreds...The total cost of feeding and treatment from day old to cockerels have my chickens at N600 each...If I can find a way to sell off a thousand chickens each month for N800, I would be making N200,000 on them. This is what I am looking into now.

You can look more into broiler business, I just prefer this one cos it suits my nature- It is very flexible, and cos I hate losing chickens, and I never have to bury any of my chickens at anytime with cockerels.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by AreaFada2: 8:46am On Aug 03, 2015
kay29000:

I feed them for 4 months, not 5 months. And yes, there is demand for any kind of chicken...so, yes, there is demand for cockerels. It might not be like the demand for broilers, but there is demand. I target market women that sell chicken in cages all year round; they prefer cockerels and layers to broilers cos broilers are not as strong. I am still working on how to sell in hundreds...The total cost of feeding and treatment from day old to cockerels have my chickens at N600 each...If I can find a way to sell off a thousand chickens each month for N800, I would be making N200,000 on them. This is what I am looking into now.

You can look more into broiler business, I just prefer this one cos it suits my nature- It is very flexible, and cos I hate losing chickens, and I never have to bury any of my chickens at anytime with cockerels.
Very nice explanation. I'm currently doing layers but will be doing broilers this year against Xmas. I know the feeling of losing chicks. I lost dozens of day old turkeys not long ago. I'm looking for possible alternative if such happens again with turkey chicks. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Fumbaby: 10:05am On Aug 03, 2015
debosalau:
Best brooder box ever, 50,birds capacity

What's the construction price of this box?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 11:49am On Aug 03, 2015
AreaFada2:
Very nice explanation. I'm currently doing layers but will be doing broilers this year against Xmas. I know the feeling of losing chicks. I lost dozens of day old turkeys not long ago. I'm looking for possible alternative if such happens again with turkey chicks. Thanks.

Okay. Thanks for the reply. Have a nice day.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Cleoo(f): 2:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
Please What and what do you feed them? Did you give them fowl pox vaccine? I have 300 Cockrell and am planning to skip giving them fowl pox, can I risk it?
kay29000:

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by kay29000(m): 3:19pm On Aug 03, 2015
Cleoo:
Please What and what do you feed them? Did you give them fowl pox vaccine? I have 300 Cockrell and am planning to skip giving them fowl pox, can I risk it?

About fowl pox, the place I buy it, they always mark the box as being vaccinated at day old when I buy, so I don't know which type of vaccination they actually give them. And from the day I collect them, I don't give them any other vaccine, and none die...They are always healthy till the end.

You have 300? That's lovely. How many weeks are they?

About feeding, I feed them normal feeds that broilers eat...Starter, Grower, and Finisher Feed. I guess this is where my secret lies. Most pple that rare cockerels mostly just feed them starter, and growers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by queeny788(f): 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Yea, I have a comprehensive ebook on broiler birds production. How to calculate the relative amount of feed you need in a specific number of birds, how to vaccinate, how to brood birds to reduce mortality.
This my number 08160403222.
If you want to sell this xams period , you need to start in October first week, cos by 8th week you should start selling, then by the 10th week you must have sold all to maximize profit.
Thnk you for stopping by.

Can you coach me.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2015
queeny788:

Can you coach me.
Yes, it's 20000 naira. From the brooding stage, drugs, vaccines to maturity of 8weeks or 10 weeks.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by BELEXYFARMS(m): 11:12am On Aug 08, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Yes, it's 20000 naira. From the brooding stage, drugs, vaccines to maturity of 8weeks or 10 weeks.

Bros, 20K to coach/teach her shocked
Coach her free of charge. God will bless you. Im sure all she needs is to probably visit ur farm if its near her, learn a few things there and every other thing will be done on whatsapp as she asks u questions from time to time concerning the growth and health of her birds. If theres need to go to her farm and consult/supervise, then u can charge a fee based on ur discretion. smiley
You will be surprised that u will gain much more in the long run by just assisting people.

6 Likes

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:30pm On Aug 08, 2015
BELEXYFARMS:

Bros, 20K to coach/teach her shocked
Coach her free of charge. God will bless you. Im sure all she needs is to probably visit ur farm if its near her, learn a few things there and every other thing will be done on whatsapp as she asks u questions from time to time concerning the growth and health of her birds. If theres need to go to her farm and consult/supervise, then u can charge a fee based on ur discretion. smiley
You will be surprised that u will gain much more in the long run by just assisting people.
Okay I'll reduce it to the bearest minimum but not free.
Thnks a lot for your words of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 9:43pm On Aug 08, 2015
If you listen to your birds at night and you can hear them make sounds when they are breathing.
PLEASE give them TYLO DOX EXTRA cus is a RESPIRATORY tract infections.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by BELEXYFARMS(m): 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2015
Goldenboy842:

Okay I'll reduce it to the bearest minimum but not free.
Thnks a lot for your words of wisdom.

Okay.... You are welcome.
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 2:13am On Aug 09, 2015
queeny788:

Can you coach me.
Yes I will coach you through whatsapp for 5000 naira only.

1 Like

Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by ozoemelam: 5:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hello pls there is something i want to ask, does smoke from fire disturb broilers? And another 1 is am in Arochukwu Abia State, hw can i market my broilers and sell dem quickly?
Re: Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds by Goldenboy842(m): 10:12pm On Aug 09, 2015
ozoemelam:
Hello pls there is something i want to ask, does smoke from fire disturb broilers? And another 1 is am in Arochukwu Abia State, hw can i market my broilers and sell dem quickly?
Yes The smoke can cause eye irritation.
The eyes are very important if they develop problem from the process eating and drinking becomes difficult. N if they don't eat and drink well, their performance will be low.
The eye is very important so try and avoid any external particles from entering the eyes.
You can print a small advert on paper and gum it at a Junction, motor and Okada parks.
You can approach a restaurant and eateries close to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.