Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu (28597 Views)

Reno Omokri Responds To Wole Soyinka On Invasion Of Privacy / Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) / I Was Sidelined In Disbursement Of Campaign Funds- Chris Anyanwu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Shymm3x: 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2015
queensmith:

lool you're such a clown! lmfao

Lol. Everything has to either be viewed from ethnocentric or ultra-nationalism lense by these folks, even when upstanding folks are trying to protect their children from the tyranny of that country. And a lot of them walk around like they actually make sense, when discerning minds can see through them. You just have to call them out and shame them.

BTW, stay away from my big Uncle from the South Side of London Town...he's married. And we don't need another great Peckham mind turning into a deadbeat. grin

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Shymm3x: 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
Maxymilliano:

So you can't smell a typo if you see one ?

Anyway, goodluck to you.

Stop faking the funk...no typo there. grin
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2015
The only problem I see is with the legal maturity age for girls being reduced to 11yrs.

First of all, you must first understand that the original bill draft sponsored by Sen. Chris, proposed a law to protect minors.

You must also remember that the northern Moslem senators would have never supported the bill if the age limit was 18.

The national assembly is a microcosm of Nigeria and her diversity.

The only thing Chris agreed to is to reduce the definition of "Child Pedastry" to 11yrs from 18 in order to see the bill get passed.

Now outside this, what we have now is a piece of legislation that punishes sexual offenders with more severe prison terms.

If this is not an improvement from the past laws then I don't know what you guys are screaming about.

Get your Senators to draft another amendment pushing the legal maturity age to 18 from 11 and see if the north will not oppose it.

As for me, Chris has partly succeeded.

The real fight now is to oppose the likes of Yerima who want to present another bill to declare the legal maturity age for girls to be reduced from 18 to 11.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

ODB/GhostFaceKillah/etc. the legendary troll, in as much as your argument is flawed - I'm quite impressed with this delivery. It seems you have stepped it up a bit.

Peace to the Gods, my favourite troll. grin

Sir Shyte Mess, where froth did yeah crawl out from and why ain't you doing your subway rounds? grin
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Maxymilliano(m): 12:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Stop faking the funk...no typo there. grin

Like i said earlier, wish you luck ...

Can i have some peace now ?
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Iman24: 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2015
WE BUY DEAD INVERTER BATTERIES @ ANY LOCATION IN LAGOS, ABUJA AND BENIN. CALL 07050606836

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by chynergy1(m): 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2015
still pondering the 11 years clause as an age of consent.
if i may ask once again what sexual offence is, if
someone can f**k 11 years old.

some thing urgently need to be done. this cannot stand universal
practice.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Mogidi: 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2015
[s]
hansad:

After Anyanwu's long letter, she did not state the most important thing: did her bill stipulate at what age a girl shall reach so that any man who had sexual relations with her below that age has committed a punishable offence?

So far, is there any official age stipulated in the bill?

In the Western World, it is usually stipulated in black and white: 18 years. If a girl is below 18 years in the Western world, anybody caught having sex with her is punished by law.
[/s]

Don't blame Anyanwu, blame those who imposed Islamic jurisprudence (sharia), blame Buhari and Yerimah.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Shymm3x: 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Sir Shyte Mess, where froth did yeah crawl out from and why ain't you doing your subway rounds? grin

I just finished my shift and handed over to ya pops. grin

Anyway, the old head told me to send his greetings to you. grin

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by queensmith: 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol. Everything has to either be viewed from ethnocentric or ultra-nationalism lense by these folks, even when upstanding folks are trying to protect their children from the tyranny of that country. And a lot of them walk around like they actually make sense, when discerning minds can see through them. You just have to call them out and shame them.

BTW, stay away from my big Uncle from the South Side of London Town...he's married. And we don't need another great Peckham mind turning into a deadbeat. grin

grin grin grin its ok if he's married ill be his part time wife. No cooking no cleaning no laundry. just listening to his epic insults all day lol. We'll meet in central. One has to avoid being kidnapped in south london :p

I'm still baffled how these people show themselves in public after passing such ridiculous bills.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
The only problem I see is with the legal maturity age for girls being reduced to 11yrs.

First of all, you must first understand that the bill proposed a law to protect minors.

You must also remember that the northern Moslem senators would have never supported the bill if the age limit was 18.

The national assembly is a microcosm of Nigeria and her diversity.

The only thing Chris agreed to is to reduce the definition of "Child Pedastry" to 11yrs from 18 in order to see the bill get past.

Now outside this, what we have now is a piece of legislation that punishes sexual offenders with more severe prison terms.

If this is not an improvement from the past laws then I don't know what you guys ate screaming about.

Get your Senators to draft another amendment pushing the legal maturity age to 18 from 11 and see if the north will not oppose it.

As for me, Chris has partly succeeded.

The real fight now is to oppose the likes of Yerima who want to present another bill to declare the legal maturity age for girls to be reduce from 18 to 11.
Stop the sermon. Posterity will always remember Chris Anyanwu as the sponsor of the bill.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by hansad: 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
ricsman:
The bill has been fabricated to
provide a strong deterrence against abuses.

If there was no age pegged in the bill for young people to arrive before older people could have sexual intercourse with the young people, what then is the purpose of the bill?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Stop the sermon. Posterity will always remember Chris Anyanwu as the sponsor of the bill.

You old fool.

The only thing you have is the legal definition of the girl child which had to be reduced to meet your northern moslem masters.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 15, 2015
hansad:

If there was no age pegged in the bill for young people to arrive before older people could have sexual intercourse with the young people, what then is the purpose of the bill?

Have you read the bill or are you depending on attention seekers like Soyinka and that ambulance chaser Falana to interprete it for you?
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Jetjacky(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
Adeboyefa:
Soyinka, Falana,etc are right. Anyanwu and her colleagues should accept correction and amend the law. Why were the age groups separated and valuable time and space wasted since the punishment is the same for defiling girls aged 0-11, 12-15 and 16-18?She is only exonerating herself of complicity in the deletion of the clauses punishing the defilement of girls aged 11-18. See below:

Anyanwu explained further that clause 6 of the bill provides that; “A person who commits an offence that causes penetration with a child is guilty of an offence called defilement.”

She also said provisions of the bill included that; “A person who commits and offence of defilement with a child aged 11 years or less upon conviction shall be sentenced to imprisonment for life.”

“A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between 12 and 15 years old shall upon conviction be sentence to imprisonment for life.”
“A person who commits an offence of defilement with a child between age 16 and 18 years old shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for life.”
She explained that the succeeding provisions were deleted at the committee level in the senate, because there is no disparity in the punishment for the offence, irrespective of age difference.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/falana-to-challenge-legality-of-sexual-offences-bill/212064/.
where can i have a copy of this bill?
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Shymm3x: 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2015
queensmith:

grin grin grin its ok if he's married ill be his part time wife. No cooking no cleaning no laundry. just listening to his epic insults all day lol. We'll meet in central. One has to avoid being kidnapped in south london :p

I'm still baffled how these people show themselves in public after passing such ridiculous bills.

Lol. Don't worry, you're safe in Peckham these days...the whole place has been gentrified apart from the high street and Peckham Rye. But please, don't distract the big Uncle - he's trying to raise future Kings/Queens. grin

Why won't they when they know the calibre of folks and undiscerning minds they govern? Are these folks the same ones who brazenly support corruption, poor leadership, etc.?
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by victorv12(m): 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Wole Soyinka is an old fool who sees nothing good in others and has too much of a high opinion of himself.

Chris tactfully put the old fool in his place

Your father is a fool! Who's your father by the way?
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by hansad: 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2015
Mogidi:
[s][/s]

Don't blame Anyanwu, blame those who imposed Islamic jurisprudence (sharia), blame Buhari and Yerimah.

Why then is Anyanwu beating her chest knowing full well that her intention for proposing the sexual offenses bill was eventually defeated by sharia jurisprudence people who dominate the NASS by vice of the undue large number of 19 states and Abuja proliferated in the northern region?
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by synergycom19: 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2015
Madan,nyanwu ot whatever you called yourself,Senator Yerimah and Co will not supports a bill that didn't allow him to satisfy his desire for underage marriage.we are born/brought up in the northern patr of the country knows whats up. You might have proposed the bill for good intentions,but was hijacked by people who didn't believe a woman like you should proposed such a thing. But you were too educated to noticed it.

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
victorv12:

Your father is a fool! Who's your father by the way?

Are you asking me of mine when you are a fatherless bastard?
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by queensmith: 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol. Don't worry, you're safe in Peckham these days...the whole place has been gentrified apart from the high street and Peckham Rye. But please, don't distract the big Uncle - he's trying to raise future Kings/Queens. grin

Why won't they when they know the calibre of folks and undiscerning minds they govern? Are these folks the same ones who brazenly support corruption, poor leadership, etc.?

Peckham, gentrified? Who would have thought it possible! Fine! but your uncle needs to come back and deliver more of these insults, theyre too hilarious!

and yes to the above. but this case in particular is shocking.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by 9jatatafo(m): 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2015
Sen Anyanwu, please what is the marriageable year as recognised by the constitution? As you defended yourself, you should have clarified this. I don't mind to read the bill if you the senator can put it in pdf format and direct us to a website where we can download and read it. Thank you oga senator. I commot cap for my prof. Twaley Prof Wole. We are behind you.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2015
hansad:

Why then is Anyanwu beating her chest knowing full well that her intention for proposing the sexual offenses bill was eventually defeated by sharia jurisprudence people who dominate the NASS by vice of the undue large number of 19 states and Abuja proliferated in the northern region?

At least girls of ages 11 and below are now protected by the law.

Was that the case before as we had no Pedastry and Pedophilia laws.

She was successful at passing Pedastry laws.

Her bill did not redefine the age of legal maturity but that of sexual maturity which was not her original intent to peg it at 11 but the legal age of 18.

Yerima is currently drafting his own bill towards reducing the legal age of maturity for the girl child.
You can hold your grouse with him on that.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Brugo(m): 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2015
So who wrote 11 years? The bill clearly says anyone who defiles a girl 11 years old or younger SHALL be sentenced to life imprisonment.

The problem with the bill is that this punishment was not made compulsory for those who defile girls from 12 up to 16 years of age. I wish this was not left to the discretion of the judges.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by hansad: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Have you read the bill or are you depending on attention seekers like Soyinka and that ambulance chaser Falana to interprete it for you?

Then post here a section of the Anyanwu bill where age limit was stipulated so that it shall serve as deterrent for adults.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by synergycom19: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
9jatatafo:
Sen Anyanwu, please what is the marriageable year as recognised by the constitution? As you defended yourself, you should have clarified this. I don't mind to read the bill if you the senator can put it in pdf format and direct us to a website where we can download and it read it. Thank you oga senator. I commot cap for my prof. Twaley Prof Wole. We are behind you.
please don't mind educated but very foolish people,she thinks that she's clever than those pedophiles. She's an unwise intellectual

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
Brugo:
So who wrote 11 years? The bill clears says anyone who defiles a girl 11 years old or younger SHALL be sentenced to life imprisonment.

The problem with the bill is that this punishment was not made compulsory for those who defile girls from 12 up to 16 years of age. I wish it was not left to the discretion of the judges.

The confusion here is that the sexual maturity age of girls was put at 12 and above in order to accommodate the pedos in the north like Buhari who married Aisha when she was just 13.

What you should appreciate is that we now have our first piece of legislation to fight Pedastry and Pedophillia.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Shymm3x: 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2015
queensmith:

Peckham, gentrified? Who would have thought it possible! Fine! but your uncle needs to come back and deliver more of these insults, theyre too hilarious!

and yes to the above. but this case in particular is shocking.

Big Uncle from the South Side doesn't do "insults" - that's for a young gunner like me. I'm the O-dog and I take care of the dirt, miscreants, and yokels. He is too grown to get muddled up in dirt with these folks. I believe they got on his nerves, hence the reaction.

Anyway, don't worry - he's probably reading this, and I'm sure he's laughing his arse off right about now. He'll get back to you in due course.

Hopefully, someone sane will find a way to rehabilitate the dysfunctional country churning out these folks. Even the Naptu2 guy got high on his own supply and decided to challenge Wole Soyinka about something as ambiguous as that bill, by applying simplistic interpretation to it - shameful.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2015
hansad:

Then post here a section of the Anyanwu bill where age limit was stipulated so that it shall serve as deterrent for adults.

The bill simply put the sexual maturity age to be 12. Anything less thn that means you are dealing with a child.

Try and grow sense and stop following the mad prof.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by emmatok(m): 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2015
Mogidi:
[s][/s]

LOL

Anyanwu is the senator defending the bill here.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by hansad: 12:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

At least girls of ages 11 and below are now protected by the law.

Was that the case before as we had no Pedastry laws.

She was successful at passing Pedastry laws.

Her bill did not redefine the age of legal maturity but that of sexual maturity which was not her original intent to peg it at 11 but the legal age of 18.

Yerima is currently drafting his own bill towards reducing the legal age of maturity for the girl child.
You can hold your grouse with him on that.

Yeah, Anyanwu can only beat her chest because she has made a start to protect youngsters against adult sexual predators, not that her bill as passed went far.

A girl below 18 years is as much vulnerable to VESICOVAGINAL FISTULA, the dreaded disease that afflicts young girls penetrated in sexual intercourse by adult men.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by emmatok(m): 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

The bill simply put the sexual maturity age to be 12. [/b]Anything less thn that means you are dealing with a[b] child.

Try and grow sense and stop following the mad prof.

So according to Anyanwu, 12yaers is not a child.
You keep disgracing yourself here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nasiru Salisu Zango Rejects N700,000 Bribe To Kill A Story In Kano. Photos / Boko Haram Kills 44 Soldiers, Nine Farmers In Fresh Attacks / Remi Tinubu: Deputy Senate President Is What I Want To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.