Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu (28600 Views)

Reno Omokri Responds To Wole Soyinka On Invasion Of Privacy / Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) / I Was Sidelined In Disbursement Of Campaign Funds- Chris Anyanwu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
hansad:

Yeah, Anyanwu can only beat her chest because she has made a start to protect youngsters against adult sexual predators, not that her bill as passed went far.

A girl below 18 years is as much vulnerable to VESICOVAGINAL FISTULA, the dreaded disease that afflicts young girls penetrated in sexual intercourse by adult men.

The north wants to have their tiny vags.

Take it up with them.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Brugo(m): 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

The confusion here is that the sexual maturity age of girls was put at 12 and above in order to accommodate the pedos in the north like Buhari who married Aisha when she was just 13.

What you should appreciate is that we now have our first piece of legislation to fight Pedastry and Pedophillia.

The summary is that Chris Anyanwu voluntarily sponsored a bill which leaves a loophole for men to defile girls who are between the ages of 12 and 16. This is unacceptable.

Besides, Mrs Buhari was born on 17 - Feb - 1971 and got married in December 1989. Do the math.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by emmatok(m): 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
Mogidi:

Soyinka should have read the bill before commenting, at 80yrs plus, I hope the great playwright is not waning.

Anyanwu didn't bother reading Soyinka's article before replying.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by hansad: 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

The bill simply put the sexual maturity age to be 12. Anything less thn that means you are dealing with a child.

And you think a lot was achieved by putting maturity age at 12? A twelve year old girl is at the age of innocence, vulnerable to diseases associated with early sexual intercourse.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2015
emmatok:

So according to Anyanwu, 12yaers is not a child.
You keep disgracing yourself here.

Her first draft put sexual maturity age at 18 but subsequent readings brought objections from the north who wanted it reduced to 11.

A bill hardly gets passed without being redrafted with other Senators adding their own inputs.

This is why bills are read and deliberated upon in the first place.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
Brugo:

The summary is that Chris Anyanwu sponsored the bill which leaves a loophole for men to defile girls who are between the ages of 12 and 16. This is unacceptable.

Besides Mrs Buhari was born on 17 - Feb - 1971 and got married in December 1989. Do the math.

Aisha Buhari is just 39.

Do the math.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by hansad: 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
emmatok:

Anyanwu didn't bother reading Soyinka's article before replying.

Lol, you mean she was seeking attention? She even said she would hop into the next flight to brief Soyinka what her bill was all about. As if Soyinka has comprehension problems.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Abbey2sam(m): 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
Some fools are here insulting the prof. when they have not even read his article on the said issue .........

he never mentioned any age as Chris anyawu purported

we should be grateful that we have someone with a voice that can be heard, and he's lending it to the masses

let's even assume that's he's wrong about the bill

his article on such issue will deter them from passing any related bill

we all know the senator at the forefront of this bill
(yerima the child lover )

I'm not learned about issues like this,but I'm not dumb either
from what I understand from the bill which I haven't read though (speculation ) if the age is reduced from 18yrs to Eleven, which means it's now ok to defile children above eleven
even if their not up to 18yrs (or hide under marriage pretence

we have to fight for our girl child, we will not allow yerima to win

that name yerima is synonymous to paedophile

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
emmatok:

So according to Anyanwu, 12yaers is not a child.
You keep disgracing yourself here.

Take that up with the Senators from the north who insisted on sexual maturity and not legal age of maturity as the definition of what a girl child is.

Do you people ever think before you post?

Besides this is the north's doing and last I checked they are your lord and masters in the Southwest.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by hansad: 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

The north wants to have their tiny vags.

Take it up with them.

This is why the north of Nigeria ought to have a different country from other parts of Nigeria that want to opt out of one Nigeria.

Nationhood never comes to a country with different groups with different value systems.
Sani Yerima himself told a BBC female reporter when the first sharia wars erupted that there is a difference of value systems between the north and south of Nigeria.-----

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by hopilo: 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2015
people are so misinformed in Nigeria and we Nigerians are gullible. Visit the NASS website the bill is there, read for yourself and don't always depend on trash from the media. Soyinka goofed in this one.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
hansad:

This is why the north of Nigeria ought to have a different country from other parts of Nigeria that want to opt out of one Nigeria.

Nationhood never comes to a country with different groups with different value systems.
Sani Yerima himself told a BBC female reporter when the first sharia wars erupted that there is a difference of value systems between the north and south of Nigeria.-----

But the Yoruba mob won't see this rather they looked for the Igbo to blame.

By the way, the SW has 18 Senators in the Senate, what did they do to push for an upward review of the age of the girl child as defined in the bill?

Nothing.

As I earlier said in page 0, Wole Soyinka is a senile attention seeking fool.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by emmatok(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Take that up with the Senators from the north who insisted on sexual maturity and not legal age of maturity as the definition of what a girl child is.

Do you people ever think before you post?

Besides this is the north's doing and last I checked they are your lord and masters in the Southwest.

Why are you removing Chris Anyanwu from the bill.

Read.

No one who read that letter could miss the fury
embedded in your words. I know where that
fury comes from: moral fiber, good conscience,
and love of people. I want to assure you that it
was the very same sentiments that drove me to
come up with that bill and the same sentiments
that led Senators and members to pass it
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by TheOtherview: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

Sir, you have got time to waste on these roasted brain cells having illiterates. I have never seen a bill more ambiguous than the useless bill passed by those pedos.

Once you understand legal terms - their intentions are as clear as daylight.

Exactimo Shymm3x.
Nah, I had to go put that thug in his rightful place - because I knew how things were likely to unfold from that point onwards.

With the legendary Kats, Pukkah, takedat, and so many others, missing around these parts; I am afraid I have been forced to forego my non-confrontational approach of late, to address the incessant vitriol coming from a particular group.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by queensmith: 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2015
hopilo:
people are so misinformed in Nigeria and we Nigerians are gullible. Visit the NASS website the bill is there, read for yourself and don't always depend on trash from the media. Soyinka goofed in this one.

you are a blessed somebody, and probably a nincompoop.

I just searched for it on the NASS website and cant find it, send us the link
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by emmatok(m): 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
hopilo:

How did Soyinka goofed ,

Did you even bother to read Soyinka article in the bill?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
emmatok:

Why are you removing Chris Anyanwu from the bill.

Read.

Did you see her original draft and compare it to that which was finally passed?

She initially demanded life imprisonment for any one who defiles a girl under 18 yrs.

Your Ab0kis do not see 18 as the age of sexual maturity and thus defined a girl child as one who is yet to enter puberty.

In passing a bill, a consensus has to be arrived and the north brought their mohammedian doctrine to bear.

Blame the northern senators
Blame the useless 1999 constitution which allows for Sharia law
Blame Sharia
Blame Islamic doctrine
Blame Mohammed for liking small girls.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by TheOtherview: 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
queensmith:

i'm actually in love grin grin grin are you married? considering a 2nd or 3rd wife?

erm, your cerebral inputs on these boards have not gone unnoticed... wink

Despite what Shymmex said earlier, the simply truth is; I have been weighing up a return to the ways of our forebearers grin
Once all ducks are fully aligned in a row, do not be surprised if I make a sudden move in your direction cool Any gesture will of course be honourable. I wouldn't want to go lowering our esteemed standards in SE15 grin
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Brugo(m): 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Aisha Buhari is just 39.

Do the math.

That's a deliberate lie bro and you know it. Even if you don't have access to her official files, the Web is replete with information. Make use of it.

Anyanwu has left 12 year old girls at the mercy of pedophiles. She colluded with Yerima on this. That is the summary of this matter. She should be ashamed of herself as a woman and a mother.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:27pm On Jun 15, 2015
hansad:

Lol, you mean she was seeking attention? She even said she would hop into the next flight to brief Soyinka what her bill was all about. As if Soyinka has comprehension problems.
When I think of the woman being a journalist, I wonder how far she misinformed her readers.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by TheOtherview: 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
Shymm3x:

ODB/GhostFaceKillah/etc. the legendary troll, in as much as your argument is flawed - I'm quite impressed with this delivery. It seems you have stepped it up a bit.

Peace to the Gods, my favourite troll. grin

Yes, it is rather refreshing to see BackDatAssUp parlaying some useful information on this thread. cool
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by queensmith: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
TheOtherview:

Despite what Shymmex said earlier, the simply truth is; I have been weighing up a return to the ways of our forebearers grin
Once all ducks are fully aligned in a row, do not be surprise if I make a sudden move in your direction cool Any gesture will of course be honourable. I wouldn't want to go lowering our esteemed standards in SE15 grin

lol I will be patiently waiting. . . .a return to the old ways is better sooner rather than later. Allow time for the iyawos and iyales to get to know each other grin grin

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
Brugo:

That's a deliberate lie bro and you know it. Even if you don't have access to her official files, the Web is replete with information. Make use of it.

Anyanwu has put 12 year old girls at the mercy of pedophiles. She colluded with Yerima on this. That is the summary of this matter. She should be ashamed of herself as a woman and a mother.

Aisha was given into marriage by her father to Buhari when she was just 12.

Aisha is clocking 40 this year.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Shymm3x: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
TheOtherview:

Exactimo Shymm3x.
Nah, I had to go put that thug in his rightful place - because I knew how things were likely to unfold from that point onwards.

With the legendary Kats, Pukkah, takedat, and so many others, missing around these parts; I am afraid I have been forced to forego my non-confrontational approach of late, to address the incessant vitriol coming from a particular group.

Lol. I knew it was out of ya character on these sides...but there's a limit to it. The e-slugfest is for folks like me cos my e-personality is brash and opinionated - and I just don't an eff about anyone. I understand, and I shall forever look up to you on these sides, till I call it a day. One of the few heads on here I've learnt a lot from - Katsumoto and Pukkah are the other two.

I miss those two old heads - Katsumoto and Pukkah. grin

Peace to the Gods like the five percenters would say!
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

But the Yoruba mob won't see this rather they looked for the Igbo to blame.

By the way, the SW has 18 Senators in the Senate, what did they do to push for an upward review of the age of the girl child as defined in the bill?

Nothing.

As I earlier said in page 0, Wole Soyinka is a senile attention seeking fool.
You mean the same bill that was passed with other in 10 minutes and those that objected were asked to put their grievances in paper?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Shymm3x: 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2015
TheOtherview:

Once all ducks are fully aligned in a row, do not be surprised if I make a sudden move in your direction cool Any gesture will of course be honourable. I wouldn't want to go lowering our esteemed standards in SE15 grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

GotCha! grin

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You mean the same bill that was passed with other in 10 minutes and those that objected were asked to put their grievances in paper?

Ignoramus, before a bill is passed it must go through at least 3 readings before being subject to an oral vote.

Where were your Senators during the reading session?

Where was Remi Tinubu?
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by 9jatatafo(m): 1:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
synergycom19:

please don't mind educated but very foolish people,she thinks that she's clever than those pedophiles. She's an unwise intellectual

They think we are fool. Your head dey there jare!!
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by victorv12(m): 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Are you asking me of mine when you are a fatherless bastard?

How's your father, fatherless bastard? Have you succeeded in finding your father? Well, I know the whereabouts of your father and he will be so disappointed reading about is deranged, retarded bastard son calling a noble laureate a fool.

I saw your father today and I told him you haven't change at all...Don't think your father doesn't know about your whereabouts, he knows you're always on Nairaland insulting people...Your father's sudo name on Nairaland is lalasticlalala! It's crazy.

Wait, let me forward what you wrote about the noble laureate to your father and mother...I promise, you'll hear from both of them very soon.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by victorv12(m): 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Are you asking me of mine when you are a fatherless bastard?

How's your father, fatherless bastard? Have you succeeded in finding your father? Well, I know the whereabouts of your father and he will be so disappointed reading about is deranged, r#tarded bastard son calling a noble laureate a fool.

I saw your father today and I told him you haven't change at all...Don't think your father doesn't know about your whereabouts, he knows you're always on Nairaland insulting people...Your father's sudo name on Nairaland is lalasticlalala! It's crazy.

Wait, let me forward what you wrote about the noble laureate to your father and mother...I promise, you'll hear from both of them very soon.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
victorv12:

How's your father, fatherless bastard? Have you succeeded in finding your father? Well, I know the whereabouts of your father and he will be so disappointed reading about is deranged, retarded bastard son calling a noble laureate a fool.

What is this omota ranting about?
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Sheggy13(m): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Aisha was given into marriage by her father to Buhari when she was just 12.

Aisha is clocking 40 this year.
It's all over the web that Aisha was born in 1971 and got married to Buhari in 1989, meaning she was 18 then and she's 44 now..why do you have to tell an obvious lie just to make a point? How can someone who married at the age of 12 in 1989 be 40 years old in 2015. FYI, Buhari divorced his first wife in 1988 and married Aisha a year after.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nuhu Ribadu Formally Returns To APC / Ben Murray-Bruce Presents Electric Motorcycle To His Constituents (Photos) / Moses Mwarga Aji: Any Benue Indigene Who Votes For Buhari In 2019 Will Be Cursed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.