Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu (28601 Views)

Reno Omokri Responds To Wole Soyinka On Invasion Of Privacy / Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) / I Was Sidelined In Disbursement Of Campaign Funds- Chris Anyanwu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by xolomonstrides(m): 10:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
Reptyle:
I was quite taken aback by WS' write up on the bill. It was clear to me that he'd either not read the bill at all or had read a distorted copy. I'm happy the ex - senator has respectfully responded and I hope the Professor will retract that article with full apologies.
please understand the stand of prof soyinka. He did not fault the content of senator Anyanwu's bill rather he faulted the fact that it would not meet its intended good purpose. Because yerima earlier sponsor a bill which recognises any married person as an adult hence is not a child by law. The implication of this is that a peadophile would/could marry an eleven year old child. And begin to sleep with her. His action would not be regarded as defilement because the girl in question is full grown as a result of marriage. This is a legal loophole which most senators are truly aware of...

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by xolomonstrides(m): 11:15pm On Jun 15, 2015
Let me explain the matter soyinka raised this way....mr tortoise( yerima) has been eating food alone. Mr messiah ( Anyanwu) said no! Food must me eaten by everyone.. mr tortoise quickly did change of name and changed hia name to EVERYONE . Now when food is shared he would continue to eat alone. He knew he loves marrying under age and understanding that Anyanwu's bill would make him an offender ..He and his colleagues quickly passed. That any married person should not be regarded as underage.. so that their leverage would be to ensure that they marry the child which gices them licence to sleep with her... in this case he ha not in anyway defiled an underage

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 15, 2015
stinggy:
Chris Anyanwu needs to re-read WS's release. He asked that the Bill be re-visited so as to punish pedophiles like Yerima who has penchant for violating small girls under the guise of child marriage which we all know is allowed for in Islam.
Under the new Bill Anyanwu is boasting of, to defile a minor still comes easy. Marry her at even 5 yrs, and she's achieved the status of 'adult' and can be fvcked anyhow you deem fit.
These Senators need to revisit that Bill and include that no one is allowed to marry any girl below 18 under any religion allowance as the laws of Nigeria supersedes any.
I share your sentiment, but the bill (or Act) cannot supersede the constitution. The Sharia provisions in the 1999 constitution essentially legalize child marriage. Therefore, a Muslim or another religious person could still marry a 13 yr old girl on the basis of the Sharia law.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by omazus: 7:26am On Jun 16, 2015
My brother please be careful. Such picture as you posted sparked the Charley Hebdo massacre.
BackDatAssUp:

Buhari has a lot in comparison to Mohammed and I don't mean his first name and that of his wife.

[img]http://shariaunveiled.files./2014/07/muhammad-and-aisha-1-revised.jpg?w=627[/img]

Like Mohammed and Aisha

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by hopilo: 8:00am On Jun 16, 2015
queensmith:

you are a blessed somebody, and probably a nincompoop.

I just searched for it on the NASS website and cant find it, send us the link

http://www.nassnig.org/document/download/1347
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by channelz: 11:28am On Jun 16, 2015
ricsman:
I know where that fury comes from: moral fiber, good conscience, and love of people. I want to assure you that it was the very same sentiments that drove me to come up with that bill and the same sentiments that led Senators and members to pass it.

I think it may be fear of Senator Yerima that is at play here.

For your information, Senator Yerima and all other Senators who participated in the debate, the two times the bill came up on the floor, supported it as a vehicle for instituting a stringent law barring all ranges of sexual offences in Nigeria.

Under this bill, pedophiles will be put away for life not made rock stars as we do today.

By your robust advocacy against the bill preventing sexual abuses of children, you foreclose the future of children in this society.
-Chris Anyanwu

Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by queensmith: 12:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
hopilo:

http://www.nassnig.org/document/download/1347

thank you! Blessed somebody be you! muah!

[size=14pt]Senator Anyanwu lies are exposed here:[/size]

A person who commits an act which causes Defilement
penetration with a child is guilty of an offence called of children
defilement.

(2) A person who commits an offence of defilement with
a child aged eleven years or less shall upon conviction
be sentenced to imprisonment for life.

(3) A person who commits an offence of defilement with
a child between the age of twelve and fifteen years is
liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.

(4) A person who commits an offence of defilement with a
child between the age of sixteen and eighteen years
old is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.

(5) It is a defence to a charge under the section ----------
(a) It is proved that such child, deceived the accused
person into believing that he or she was over the
age of eighteen years at the time of the alleged
commission of the offence; and
(b) the accused person reasonably believed that the
child was over the age of eighteen years.
(6) The belief referred to in sub-section (5) (b) is to be
determined having regard to all the circumstances,

i even think section 5 a and b is nonsense. Its up to you to ensure you're not sleeping with a child.
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by simdam500(m): 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2015
sad cool shocked the rate at which media changes positive news to closely positive is alarming...

I'm still on wole Soyinka ground
Re: Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu by hopilo: 9:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
queensmith:

thank you! Blessed somebody be you! muah!

[size=14pt]Senator Anyanwu lies are exposed here:[/size]

A person who commits an act which causes Defilement
penetration with a child is guilty of an offence called of children
defilement.

(2) A person who commits an offence of defilement with
a child aged eleven years or less shall upon conviction
be sentenced to imprisonment for life.

(3) A person who commits an offence of defilement with
a child between the age of twelve and fifteen years is
liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.

(4) A person who commits an offence of defilement with a
child between the age of sixteen and eighteen years
old is liable upon conviction to imprisonment for life.

(5) It is a defence to a charge under the section ----------
(a) It is proved that such child, deceived the accused
person into believing that he or she was over the
age of eighteen years at the time of the alleged
commission of the offence; and
(b) the accused person reasonably believed that the
child was over the age of eighteen years.
(6) The belief referred to in sub-section (5) (b) is to be
determined having regard to all the circumstances,

i even think section 5 a and b is nonsense. Its up to you to ensure you're not sleeping with a child.

thanks
I like the read in your pics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Policemen In Fear Over CP Alleged Fight Back, Hand-pick Posting / Goodluck Jonathan: We Are In Trouble, Nigeria’s Unity Questionable / Otu Inyang Shot Dead After Church Service In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.