Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,925 members, 7,824,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (100938 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 12:38am On Jun 15, 2010
Pillars failure to get points away from home cost them!!

Afonja warriors for african tickets oya Honeric where da money wey we bet  grin

bayelsa played three games in five days?  undecided

i think they need to tune their calendar well well everyone in the world's finish playing only in nigeria, i bet the NPL officials are even out of the country already as part of the 14 committees

Kwara 6-0 R Bees  cool

so how many players scored a hat trick this season?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 7:30am On Jun 15, 2010
Dis Guy:

Pillars failure to get points away from home cost them!!
Afonja warriors for african tickets oya Honeric where da money wey we bet  grin
bayelsa played three games in five days?  undecided
i think they need to tune their calendar well well everyone in the world's finish playing only in nigeria, i bet the NPL officials are even out of the country already as part of the 14 committees
Kwara 6-0 R Bees  cool
so how many players scored a hat trick this season?

Well, your boys are trying sha, as for Pillars, they brought this upon themselves so they should dance to the tune.

NPL and NFF are as clueless as a cat trying to know why it's got a tail. bet me, none of them is at home looking after the league.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by blank(f): 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2010
Enyinmba is going back to being Nigerian champions. Halleluya.
Champions league, here we come. grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Pharoh: 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2010
blank:

Enyinmba is going back to being Nigerian champions. Halleluya.
Champions league, here we come. grin

Not yet lol and where have you been? How is the fantasy going for you?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by blank(f): 6:20pm On Jun 30, 2010
Pharoh:

Not yet lol and where have you been? How is the fantasy going for you?

Looking at the point gap, i don't see any oda one overthrowing us.

I dey Naija and just got internet connection.
'Cos of no internet, i had to fashi the fantasy thingy cos i had missed most of the world cup.
I av deleted my fifa.com profile.

God dey.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 1:01am On Jul 01, 2010
Now that there's no longer anything national teams, more attention will be given to the league, PRAISE THE LORD.

Our league must grow, whether epl like am oo or not. grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 1:11am On Jul 01, 2010
30/06 Dolphins 1-1 Enyimba
29/06 Rangers 3-1 Sharks
29/06 Gateway 1-2 Sunshine
29/06 Gombe 1-0 Kwara
29/06 Heartland 2-1 Zamfara
29/06 Wolves 4-0 Kaduna
29/06 Pillars 1-0 Wikki
29/06 Niger 1-0 Ocean
29/06 Bayelsa 4-1 Lobi
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 1:18am On Jul 01, 2010
Log:
Pos Teams Pld Pst
1. Enyimba 37 67
2. Pillars 36 65
3. Sunshine 37 61
4. Wolves 37 58
5. Kwara 36 57
6. Niger 36 55
7. Rangers 36 54
8. Heartland 36 54
9. Gombe 37 52
10. Dolphins 37 50
11. Kaduna 37 49
12. 3SC 37 49
13. Zamfara 37 48
14. Sharks 37 47
15. Bayelsa 36 47
16. Lobi 36 47
17. Ocean 37 44
18. Wikki 36 41
19. Gateway 37 40
20. R Bees 37 36
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 1:28am On Jul 01, 2010
If Kano pillars wins their 2 remaining matches, they are going to top the table and win the league in respective of what Enyimba does with their last match.

But can Pillars really do this?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Embele: 7:36am On Jul 01, 2010
Isn't Kano's last match with Enyimba
Makes what Enyimba does quite relevant in their last game. Just hope there is enough security
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2010
this gateway team is absolutely useless how can they lose at home afer severla weeks of rest
maybe gbegan daniel has summoned them for rituals as usual
waste of resources
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Pharoh: 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2010
Dis Guy:

this gateway team is absolutely useless how can they lose at home afer severla weeks of rest
maybe gbegan daniel has summoned them for rituals as usual
waste of resources

But they are playing against sunshine who are looking for caf competition qualification so don't blame them too much. Sunshine dey for red eye right now oooo.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Embele: 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2010
Anyone know who is promoted from the Division One? Have Akwa/Bendel and JUTH/Babanawa played yet?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 9:44pm On Jul 02, 2010
honeric01:

Now that there's no longer anything national teams, more attention will be given to the league, PRAISE THE LORD.

Our league must grow, whether epl like am oo or not. grin

Amen!!! smiley
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2010
Embele:

Isn't Kano's last match with Enyimba
Makes what Enyimba does quite relevant in their last game. Just hope there is enough security

That last match would be shown live on SS3 and NTA, Its the star match and Enyimba won't try anything rubbish that day.

But Pillars still need to win against Heartland first before that match, if they lose that, then Enyimba is likely to win the league.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 12:29am On Jul 03, 2010
NPL reschedule outstanding fixtures

All outstanding fixtures in the Nigeria Premier League are to be played on Saturday July 3, with the final round of league games scheduled to be played simultaneously on Wednesday July 7.

There are four outstanding games, mostly arising from abandoned games, including one involving title chasers Kano Pillars away to Lobi Stars. Rather than award points as was the case in previous years, the NFF Disciplinary Committee have directed the clubs to replay the games.

However, in the event that any of the rescheduled games are abandoned, the NPL shall award the points against the offending teams.

Rescheduled Fixtures

i. Wikki Tourists FC vs. Bayelsa United FC - 3rd July, 2010

ii. Lobi Stars FC vs. Kano Pillars FC - 3rd July, 2010

iii. Rangers Int’l FC vs. Heartland FC - 3rd July, 2010

iv. Niger Tornadoes FC vs. Kwara United - 3rd July, 2010

Kickoffnigeria.com
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 11:01am On Jul 03, 2010
this country is a joke!!

So these spastics came out of their office to declare the very next day to be the day all outstanding matches will be played, i can only imagine the coach/players getting phone calls the night before that they have an outstanding game

Nigeria is the only country that is still an ongoing season, with outstanding games and some pumpkin somewhere will shout we have the best league in Africa- what a joke!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:34am On Jul 03, 2010
Dis Guy:

this country is a joke!!

So these spastics came out of their office to declare the very next day to be the day all outstanding matches will be played, i can only imagine the coach/players getting phone calls the night before that they have an outstanding game

Nigeria is the only country that is still an ongoing season, with outstanding games and some pumpkin somewhere will shout we have the best league in Africa- what a joke!!

This is why i support the ban on football, i just want us to come back home, think of the league, plan the league and put in the right people to handle the league, our league should be 100% better than what we have today if all the energy AIT, GALAXY, STV, NTA channel towards the SE and the EPL is being channeled to the league.

I WANT GJ TO BAN NTA FROM SHOWING ANY FORUM LEAGUE IF THEY CAN'T SHOW 2 LOCAL LEAGUE LIVE MATCHES EVERY SUNDAY AND SUNDAY.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 12:17am On Jul 04, 2010
03/07 Rangers International 2 - 1 Heartland FC
03/07 Lobi Stars 1 - 1 Kano Pillars
03/07 Niger Tornadoes 0 - 1 Ocean Boys
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 12:19am On Jul 04, 2010
This Week’s Fixtures:
07/07 Sunshine vs Wolves
07/07 Lobi vs Niger
07/07 Wikki vs Gateway
07/07 3SC vs Gombe
07/07 Kwara vs Heartland
07/07 Zamfara vs Sharks
07/07 Kaduna vs Bayelsa
07/07 Enyimba vs Pillars
07/07 Ocean vs R Bees
07/07 Dolphins vs Rangers

Star match

07/07 Enyimba vs Pillars

Enyimba needs just a draw while Pillars need to beat Enyimba in Aba to be able to win the league.

can Pillars do this? undecided
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 9:00am On Jul 04, 2010
The match will be played in Aba so Pillars should just forget about it. I heard 3sc have avoided relegation and they'll be playing in the premier league next season
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 9:40am On Jul 04, 2010
Ahmed Musa has hit 18 goals. He scored in the 1-1 draw with Lobi. He's now the all time highest goal scorer in the Nigerian Premier League
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by dominique(f): 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2010
Kano pillars is not geting a point out of Aba. i'm so sure the elephants will see to that cool.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by proudly9ja(m): 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2010
^^^^ even with a point, Enyimba will win the league.
But I fear those Pillars strikers. Their counter attack is something else.
And I think Enyimba will be under pressure with the match being played in Aba and the entire Nation watching.

I hope they win it though and Emordi would have proved once again that on the home front, he is one of the best!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2010
with title at stake and Enyimba at home, pillars should just forget it
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:21pm On Jul 04, 2010
Football is more than just being at home or away, if Kaduna united could come to Aba to beat Enyimba, then Pillars is also capable of repeating the same feat, nothing like cheating here, Enyimba wont try anything funny because it's going to be shown on NTA LIVE on Wednesday, you guys should not miss that match.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:51pm On Jul 06, 2010
Siasia joins Heartland
Saturday, 3 July 2010

Former National team coach, Samson Siasia has joined Heartland of Owerri for a six months contract.

Media Officer of the club, Cajetan Nkwopara told www.npl.com.ng that Siasia is expected to turn the fortunes of the club around after the sack of coaches Kelechi Emeteole and Ben Iroha.

"Yes we have signed Siasia, and he is expected to start work immediately. And we know he will really change a lot of things in the team.

"Although he will not be around when we take on Rangers International in Enugu on Saturday in a reschedule match, he will soon settle down in Owerri and all things will begin to work well for us," Nkwopara said.

Coach Chijioke Osuagwu has been holding fort since the sack of Emeteole and Iroha.

http://www.npl.com.ng/news.php?id=79
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2010
Osuagwu: I am ready to work with Siasia
Monday, 5 July 2010

Stand-in head coach of Heartland of Owerri, Chijioke Osuagwu, has declared that he was very ready to work harmoniously with the new technical adviser to the team, Samson Siasia.

Speaking with www.npl.com.ng, at the weekend after his side lost narrowly a re-scheduled game against Rangers of Enugu Osuagwu said that he was in the right frame of mind to work with the new technical adviser for the betterment of the team.

"I must say that I am very impressed with the display put up by my players in the last game. I am greatly encouraged by this kind of display and it has given me great hope of working with the new technical adviser, Samson Siasia, if my employer deems it fit.

"He is someone I know I will learn from and the team will surely benefit from his experience.

"We have good players and we are going to do well in the Champions League," Osuagwu said.

http://www.npl.com.ng/news.php?id=84
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:54pm On Jul 06, 2010
Ahmed Musa says Enyimba will fall in Aba
Sunday, 4 July 2010

Current highest goal scorer in the Nigeria Premier League, Kano Pillars Ahmed Musa has boasted that he will personally make sure they triumph over Enyimba in the last match of the season which will come up next Wednesday in Aba.

Musa who set a new record in goal scoring in the domestic league with 18 strikes told www.npl.com.ng that the team is well motivated to win the trophy in Aba in spite of the kind of team the Aba side parades.

"I am so sure that by next Wednesday evening, Kano Pillars will be crowned the champions of Nigeria Premier League. I am optimistic because we have a solid side that can beat any club in Nigeria.

"The game in Makurdi against Lobi Stars last Saturday would have given us the opportunity of overtaking Enyimba on the league table, but the referee decided to give Lobi a cheap penalty which made them equalise as the game ended 1-1.

"But we are not worried because we know that with good officiating, we can beat Enyimba. I am ready to do my best to make sure that we win that match because only a win will give us the trophy. We are putting everything into the match and I am confident victory will come our way," Musa said.

Enyimba is presently on top of the league table with 67 points, while Kano Pillars is on 66 points.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:55pm On Jul 06, 2010
Heartland Sacks Emeteole, Iroha
Tuesday, 29 June 2010

The head coach and assistant coach of Heartland Football Club, Kelechi Emeteole and Ben Iroha, respectively have been relieved of their duties at the Owerri club, Naijaligue..com can reveal.

It was learnt that the sack letters of Emeteole and Iroha were signed on Monday by the management of the club.

The coaches have been shown the exit door for failing to guide the club to a top-two finish in this season's campaign, our source said.

Officials of the Naze Millionaires declined to comment on the development when contacted

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2010
Chinedu sad over Ranch Bees relegation
Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Rangers of Enugu midfielder,Sunday Chinedu has declared that he is sad over the relegation of former club, Ranch Bees of Kaduna.

In a chat with www.npl.com.ng, Chinedu said on the relegation of his former club, Chinedu, says, "It is very painful to see Ranch Bees go on relegation and I feel for them. All the same, I thank God for helping me get the opportunity to showcase my talent there from where I was spotted by Rangers."

"I feel for the remaining players in the team because we had a good relationship while I was there, and we did our best.

"But since it has happened, they must strive to return to the Premier League next season.

The pint-sized teenager was full of thanks for all his Rangers team mates who were there for him as well as the technical crew that showed enough trust in his God given talent to throw him into action to defend the colours of the club.

"I also give my coaches kudos for their belief in my God given talent and I will do more to ensure that Rangers appears in the continent next season," enthused the youthful midfield maestro.

'Messi' as Chinedu is fondly called by his fans in Enugu, promised to display more of what he is made of when his team engage Dolphins in the last game of the season in Port-Harcourt stressing.

"Dolphins will not know what hit them when we play them. I know it will be difficult but we are pushing to annex all three points to enhance our chances of placing third believing that Warri Wolves will get draw Sunshine Stars back".

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:57pm On Jul 06, 2010
Sunshine Stars grab continental ticket
Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Sunshine Stars football club has emerged as one of the four teams that will represent Nigeria in continental competitions next year.

After the victory over Gateway in Abeokuta, Sunshine Stars amassed 61 points and with the last home game against Warri Wolves at home, they will join Enyimba, Kano Pillars and the winner of the Federation Cup to represent Nigeria in the continent next year.

Players and officials of the Akure based side are happy with their performance this season and have vowed to do well in the competition.

Coach Solomon Ogbeide will have to start preparing for the Confederation Cup next year.

http://www.npl.com.ng/news.php?id=74

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (78) (Reply)

Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Lady Turns Super Eagles Jersey In Bum Shorts, Rocks It In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.