Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (100762 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 8:32am On Jul 29, 2010
^^^They lost steam many many years ago. tongue grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by semid4lyfe(m): 10:32am On Jul 29, 2010
Where is honeric? grin grin

So Insurance failed in their promotion bid and is doomed to another season in the 2nd division undecided

Eeeeyah. . . .Sorry o grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2010
the timing of the Super 4 in my opinion is very wrong. The league only ended some 2-3 weeks ago and wont be resuming until late September. It woulda been better slated for early or mid September since it's meant to be a pre-season of sort.
As for Insurance, i dont think there's any chance they'd be playing in the NPL next season
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 11:21am On Jul 29, 2010
^^ thank you jare, I also said this during the beginning of this season

Kano pillars played almost everyday after winning the league until the new season started played FA cup, Super 4, then African Cup then the season it was too much

These guys should be given time off to recover and do something else apart from football perhaps charity or time with their families

How do clubs buy or access new players when they are not given time off, how do new players settle into a team when they are supposed to be on break

When are they going to appoint a NPL Chairman, Sponsorship and Media?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 9:01pm On Jul 29, 2010
[quote][/quote] truly, a very silly name. maybe they are all gay cos how can a male football club be 'babes'?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by aegibson(m): 4:35am On Jul 30, 2010
The four promoted clubs are:

JUTH (Jos)
Crown Football Club (Ogbomosho)
Bukola Babes (Ilorin)
Plateau United (Jos)
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:15pm On Jul 30, 2010
'Finish off Enyimba'

Posted: 2010-07-30 15:28

Zambia's High Commissioner to Nigeria Alexis Luhila has urged Zanaco to finish off Enyimba in Sunday's CAF Confederations Cup third round return leg match.

Luhila said from Lagos on Wednesday that there is no excuse for Zanaco to fail to qualify for the Confederations Cup group stage.

Zanaco thrashed Enyimba 4-0 in Lusaka on July 17.

"It will not be easy for Enyimba to beat Zanaco 5-0. President Banda and the 11 million Zambians are expecting nothing but victory. When the boys will be on the pitch they will be representing Zambia and not Zanaco," said Luhila, who led embassy staff to welcome Zanaco on Wednesday.

Luhila said he is looking forward to seeing Zanaco being crowned Confederations Cup champions.

He said it is time Zambian teams made a mark in African club football.

Enyimba coach Felix Ermodi says the match against Zanaco looks insurmountable but he is confident the Nigerian champions will come out smiling.

Emordi said in an interview from Aba yesterday that his team is not new to this kind of situation, citing the 6–1 defeat to Egyptian side Ismaili before winning the 2004 Champions League.

"We in Enyimba have erased the word impossibility from our vocabulary long time ago this philosophy has seen us through…this match against Zanaco cannot be an exception."
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:24pm On Jul 30, 2010
semid4lyfe:

So Insurance failed in their promotion bid and is doomed to another season in the 2nd division undecided

2 Jos clubs made it to the top flight, God, i watched the highlight of the match between Mighty jet and Plateau UTD, it was hell bro, Plateau beat Mightyjet away to qualify, it was never an easy job, guess what

The ref that blew that match is a lieutenant in the Nigerian Army, come see soldiers with guns and fierce looking DOGS lol, i wish all our match venues would always be like that (security wise).

As for Insurance not making it, they won their last match against Akwa UTD 1:0, but that was not enough, because Bukola babes got a walkover 3: 0 against Anambra pillars, this good for nothing Anambra pillars didn't show up sad sad sad

Anyways, we live to fight another day, Insurance will bounce back, it's never too late. (it took mighty jos and Plateau 17yrs each to make it back to the top flight, i know next season, we shall make it up. cool
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by semid4lyfe(m): 11:47pm On Jul 30, 2010
honeric01:

2 Jos clubs made it to the top flight, God, i watched the highlight of the match between Mighty jet and Plateau UTD, it was hell bro, Plateau beat Mightyjet away to qualify, it was never an easy job, guess what

The ref that blew that match is a lieutenant in the Nigerian Army, come see soldiers with guns and fierce looking DOGS lol, i wish all our match venues would always be like that (security wise).

Saw the highlights on tv too. Ol boy, e nor easy. . . .see fierce looking soldiers everywhere.

Anyway, sorry on Insurance not making it to the Elite division. Hope you make it next season.

As for Enyimba, I nor even know where to start. How could they travel to Zambia with only 15 players. . .10 of them defenders? They have been living on the edge right from their previous matches but I think this time, the mountain will be too big for them to climb. Still wishing them the best and hope I'm proved wrong
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 12:42am On Jul 31, 2010
^^ they wanted to play 10 Defenders and one midfielder cheesy

Im sure Zambia will also play 5-4-1
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Embele: 1:06am On Jul 31, 2010
how did Plateau beat Jets "away" when they share a stadium? undecided
Good news to; it was a full stadium and no one died. For all Jos has been through that is an accomplishment, right
@ Honeric so how close were the final standings? Did insurance only miss by 1 point?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 10:17am On Jul 31, 2010
where is honeric?i told you that crown fc and bukola will promote to the premier division,they both deserve it cos i always watch their matches
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 2:34pm On Jul 31, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Saw the highlights on tv too. Ol boy, e nor easy. . . .see fierce looking soldiers everywhere.

Anyway, sorry on Insurance not making it to the Elite division. Hope you make it next season.

As for Enyimba, I nor even know where to start. How could they travel to Zambia with only 15 players. . .10 of them defenders? They have been living on the edge right from their previous matches but I think this time, the mountain will be too big for them to climb. Still wishing them the best and hope I'm proved wrong

Good, well i don't know what happened to us, but all the same, we have 2010/2011 to battle with (I am afraid of Bayelsa sha)

As for Enyimba, if they win with good scoreline fine, if not, then good luck to them.

Embele:

how did Plateau beat Jets "away" when they share a stadium? undecided
Good news to; it was a full stadium and no one died. For all Jos has been through that is an accomplishment, right
@ Honeric so how close were the final standings? Did insurance only miss by 1 point?

Even if they share the same stadium, what we know is that Mightyjet were playing at home and plateau was away.

Yes, 1 point separated the 2nd place to the 4th place.

Cappadona123:

where is honeric?i told you that crown fc and bukola will promote to the premier division,they both deserve it cos i always watch their matches

Good for the 4 clubs, can they survive the top flight? let's wait till September 25th to see if they have what it takes.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2010
semid4lyfe:

oh dear!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:37am On Aug 03, 2010
Oga FBS, long time, how you dey?

@topic

The super 4 starts today in Ogun state and i heard that it's going to be shown on dstv.

4 top teams involved are

Enyimba FC
Kano Pillars
Sunshine FC
Kwara UTD

1st price is 5million naira
2nd is 3million naira
3rd is 1million naira.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2010
why is 3sc playing in the super 4? abi them don merge with sunshine stars?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by blank(f): 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2010
^^^^^^

I am interested in knowing as well.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2010
Sorry dude and duddett, that was a typo.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 11:59pm On Aug 03, 2010
So kini Scores, they are starting today right?

Who's got the broadcasting right for the premiership league next year? Hitv no dey bid for am?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 8:19am On Aug 04, 2010
honeric01:

Oga FBS, long time, how you dey?

@topic

The super 4 starts today in Ogun state and i heard that it's going to be shown on dstv.

4 top teams involved are

Enyimba FC
Kano Pillars
Sunshine FC
Kwara UTD

1st price is 5million naira
2nd is 3million naira
3rd is 1million naira.

Chairman ,wetin dey? You dey this place so? cheesy
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:54am On Aug 04, 2010
@Dis Guy
They are starting today, not yesterday, sorry about the mix up, first match stated for 3pm between Kwara United and Kano pillars.

Supersports still remains the rightly owners of the TV right.

@FBS
Bros, i still dey oo, just been busy, but i have few days to take a rest, how bout you?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:47pm On Aug 04, 2010
Super 4 results

Kwara United 0 : 0 Kano Pillars

Enyimba 1 : 0 Sunshine starts
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by blank(f): 9:28am On Aug 05, 2010
Up Enyimba
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2010
wetin Enyimba do wey u dey up dem?
btw, they are out of the confederation cup and they only won sunshine by a lone goal (Penalty).

Wait until K. Pillars and Kwara UTD use them do training grin grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 9:38am On Aug 06, 2010
Kano Pillars will not get a dime if Ahmed Musa's deal with VV Venlo goes through. This is because Musa is currently on loan at Kano Pillars from a Jos based football academy
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 10:12am On Aug 06, 2010
^^

On loan for how many years? 3 years and you think Kano Pillars have not done the norm by buying him fully from the previous club?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2010
I'm equally surprised. But it's the NPL, anything is possible
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2010
Pillars lose out in Musa transfer

Posted: 2010-08-05 20:48

Kano Pillars will get nothing from the transfer of record-setting striker Ahmed Musa to Dutch side VV Venlo because the forward was only on loan at the club.

Pillars chairman Tukur Babangida admitted that they would not be getting a kobo from the transfer.

“We are not getting anything because we only took him here on loan from an academy in Jos,” Tukur told KickOffNigeria.com. “Now the season is over and he is returning to the academy and they are the ones who will be paid for his transfer.”

Musa has agreed a three-year deal with the club and is expected to join them after playing for Nigeria's Flying Eagles in the second leg of the African Youth Championships in Guinea.

Nigeria’s Under-20s take a 2-0 advantage into the game.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by semid4lyfe(m): 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2010
Nigerian clubs and their queer business sense. How much would it have cost Kano Pillars to buy the player from the Academy? Anyhow sha, I hope he plays against South Korea.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2010
At least, the academy's going to get some cool cash for producing a good player like Musa.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 8:29pm On Aug 06, 2010
I guess the management of Kano Pillars must have learnt their lesson. That's about €1 million their ineptitude have cost them
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 8:30pm On Aug 06, 2010
any transfer so far?

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (78) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? / Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.