Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every - Sports (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every (100790 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba Wins The Nigerian League For A Record 7th Time / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 12:30pm On Oct 06, 2010
Victor Baribote sacked

The Bayelsa State government; owners of Bayelsa United Football Club have sacked the Victor Baribote Rumsen led board of the club.

Commissioner for Sports in Bayelsa State, Okpokiri Jones gave no reasons for the sacking of the Baribote led board but ordered that they return all government property in their possession with immediate effect.

However insiders say the sack may not be unconnected to the recent spate of negativity associated with the club in recent times.

First, they were knocked out in the first round of the CAF Champions League by a Chadian club.

Then they failed to pay sign on fees to its players for two seasons now despite allegedly receiving eight hundred and fifty million naira (about $5.6m) from the state government in that period.

The club were eventually relegated but Baribote fought the relegation until last week when the sports minister, Isa Bio in a bid to make peace declared that there would be no relegation in the last league season, a decision that was part of what caused the FIFA suspension of Nigeria.

Baribote is also fighting the removal of Davidson Owumi as chairman of the Nigeria Premier League, claiming he should be the one in the position.

Despite all these Baribote insists Davidson Owumi must go. He also says Bayelsa United must not be relegated and most of all he denied receiving eight hundred and fifty million naira from the state government.

He told KickOffNigeria.com that it is not true he received such an amount from government but could not pay his players.

"Anybody who does that is wicked and deserves to be punished.

"Those are all rumours. I agree that two seasons ago I only paid 30% of the sign on fees to players and last season I did not pay anything, it is not true that I was given so much," Baribote said.

"If I had embezzled money for players I deserve to be punished along with my family," he said.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/18134/victor-baribote-rumsen-sacked.php
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2010
but from what I have read, Baribote is actually fighting a just cause.
Owumi was never a club chairman and this automatically makes him ineligible to contest as NPL chairman.
Dont know how things will swing now
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by folem: 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2010
medjai:

but from what I have read, Baribote is actually fighting a just cause.
Owumi was never a club chairman and this automatically makes him ineligible to contest as NPL chairman.
Dont know how things will swing now

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/2010/06/nff-arbitration-quashes-owumi%E2%80%99s-election-disqualifies-ex-rangers-boss/

[size=16pt]NFF Arbitration Quashes Owumi’s Election. Disqualifies Ex-Rangers Boss[/size]

The Arbitration Panel set up by the nation’s apex football body, Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, has nullified Davidson Owumi’s election as chairman of the Nigeria Premier League, NPL board.

The Arbitration panel also annulled Owumi’s election into NPL board as chairman of chairmen and also cancelled the purported NPL chairmanship election held last May while calling for a by-election for the post of NPL chairman and chairman of chairmen.

In his judgement on Monday June 21, 2010, Professor Akin Ibidapo-Obe held that Owumi was not qualified to contest for the NPL chairmanship election as well as the chairman of chairmen position in the NPL board.

While setting aside the ruling of the NPL election tribunal over what it called gross miscarriage of justice, the Arbitration held that Owumi was not a club chairman and so should not have stood for the election.

It further faulted the former Rangers CEO and ex governor Chimaroke Nnamani’s Special Adviser on Rangers Matters ‘across zonal’ nomination and endorsement saying it contravened the NPL, NFF and even FIFA Statutes as well as the NPL electoral guidelines.

In a 17-page judgement released on Tuesday, the Arbitration drew the attention of the first and second respondents, Davidson Owumi and NPL to Article 36 of the NPL statutes which specifically provides that its members, players and officials will not take their disputes to the courts and any disagreement shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of FIFA, CAF, NFF or NPL.

It held that by the combined effects of Article (1) 75 and (2) of the NFF statutes, and Articles 36 of the NPL statutes, the NFF Arbitration Tribunal/Panel has eminent jurisdiction because the dispute is between parties belonging to NFF and different state associations.

The panel’s exhaustive quotation of relevant sections of the NPL, NFF, CAF and FIFA statutes followed earlier submission by the respondents to the effect that NFF’s, Arbitration into the matter is irrelevant given the fact that certain sections of NPL statutes and Election guidelines stipulate that judgement of Election Tribunal is final in cases arising from electoral disputes.

It drew the attention of the respondents to the new NFF statutes made on December 29, 2009 and which took effect from January 5, 2010, Article 68 concerning the establishment of Arbitration Panel provided as follows:
“NFF shall create an Arbitration Tribunal which shall deal with internal national disputes between NFF, its members, players, officials, match and players agents that do not fall under juridiction of its judicial bodies.

The Executive Committee shall draw up special regulations regarding the composition, jurisdiction and procedural rules of its Arbitration Tribunal.”

Chief Victor Baribote Rumson had launched a petition to the NPL Electoral Tribunal over the declaration of Davidson Owumi as winner of the NPL chairmanship election.

Baribote held that Owumi was not qualified to stand for the election as he was not a club chairman and that his nomination was wrong since it was done by the Secretary, CEO of Rangers as against the chairman as stipulated by the NPL Electoral guidelines.

He also faulted Owumi’s endorsement by 3SC FC and maintained that Owumi was under NFF ban which has neither been quashed, lifted or repealed.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by jackco222(m): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2010
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 6:45am On Oct 07, 2010
Victor Baribote sacked

The Bayelsa State government; owners of Bayelsa United Football Club have sacked the Victor Baribote Rumsen led board of the club.

Commissioner for Sports in Bayelsa State, Okpokiri Jones gave no reasons for the sacking of the Baribote led board but ordered that they return all government property in their possession with immediate effect.

However insiders say the sack may not be unconnected to the recent spate of negativity associated with the club in recent times.

First, they were knocked out in the first round of the CAF Champions League by a Chadian club.

Then they failed to pay sign on fees to its players for two seasons now despite allegedly receiving eight hundred and fifty million naira (about $5.6m) from the state government in that period.

maybe FIFA should ban bayelsa for sacking this guy as well, and FIFA should start paying players sign on fees
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 7:15am On Oct 07, 2010
Dis Guy:

maybe FIFA should ban bayelsa for sacking this guy as well, and FIFA should start paying players sign on fees
LOLZ. . . But there's nothing wrong with Baribote challenging the validity of Owumi's election. Owumi was not even eligible to contest as NPL chairman and it's Baribote that is being portrayed as the bad person and to me, he is fighting a just cause
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 7:42am On Oct 07, 2010
I also think Owumi is equally right to challenge Bayelsa's relegation because it would have been unfair to relegate Bayelsa if you consider the circumstances surrounding the whole issue.
Bayelsa were 1-0 up against Wikki Tourist until the 88th minute when Wikki fans invaded the pitch. Bayelsa should have been given 3 points and 3 goals but were not given because board room points had been scrapped. Meanwhile, Bayelsa had a midweek game at Kaduna and were already in Kaduna when they were notified of the replay of their match with Wikki in Bauchi some hours before the scheduled time. The timing already made it impossible for Bayelsa to honour the match considering the fact that they were in Kaduna and would have to travel a long distance to Bauchi.
Also, Bayelsa were 1 point away from safety and if they had been given the 3 points they won't have gone down.
I dont see anything wrong with what Baribote was doing but I think the media took sides with Owumi and made Baribote look like the bad person when he was actually doing the right thing
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 12:31pm On Oct 07, 2010
so why did the media THAT CRITICIZE EVERYONE IN THE NFF take sides with one and not the other at least we cant accuse them of being northerners this time

and

Bayelsa were 1-0 up against Wikki Tourist until the 88th minute when Wikki fans invaded the pitch. Bayelsa should have been given 3 points and 3 goals but were not given because board room points had been scrapped. Meanwhile, Bayelsa had a midweek game at Kaduna and were already in Kaduna when they were notified of the replay of their match with Wikki in Bauchi some hours before the scheduled time

and who made the decision to notify Bayelsa of their games just few hours to the game? why didnt they shout about this or even start the court case from this moment, what were other chairmen/state FA doing when this was happening? they just sat there with their big bellies like theives

all in all to me they are all rogues!!! they all sit down to agree laws/rules then they just overlook it when something goes wrong only to start suing each other like criminals- why is it that every time there's an election there's always a case in court that follows?

all of them are just incompetent buffoons

why did Obaseki say the election of the New NPL chairman was in order and it would seem eevryone of them agree cos no one raised an objection afterwards apart from baritone
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 6:42pm On Oct 07, 2010
Sanity returns to NPL. It's back to 20 teams again
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2010
^^^^

Nice move, now that Baribote has been sacked, he cannot take the NPL to court again, well it seems everything still worked out for good at the end of the day.

Bayelsa, bye bye, go shrug it out with akwa, insurance and co grin
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2010
Hmm, the pro league will be interesting this season,lol
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 12:54pm On Oct 09, 2010
^^^^

Yes sure, it's going to be very interesting, Akwa utd, Bayelsa utd, Insurance FC E.T.C, it's going to be a battle to behold.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by blank(f): 8:16pm On Oct 10, 2010
Pls what is the status on the league? I have not been around.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2010
^^^^^^^^

Back to 20 teams, league is kicking off by October 23rd.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by blank(f): 11:47am On Oct 11, 2010
Was Bayelsa United relegated?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2010
@blank,bayelsa is gone
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2010
Yes Bayelsa has been relegated and Baribote has also been sacked.
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2010
Up benin arsenals
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 12:23pm On Oct 12, 2010
^^^^

hehehhee, i heard your crown has changed name and have also made ogunjobi their chairman, how true is these info? undecided
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Embele: 4:21am On Oct 13, 2010
Prime FC changed their name, not Crown.
They are now "Living Springs FC"
stupidest, name, ever

So has the lower league schedule been set?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by DisGuy: 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2010
Only in Nigeria, where someone is linked with consistent ineptitude and incompetency, where someone is being trialled for monumental corruption and mismanagement will someone like Ogunjobi be appointed as a chairman

in some other countries, every individual or cooperation will never want to be linked or associated with such persons
whether he was found guilty or not!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 12:30pm On Oct 13, 2010
@honeric,we didn't change our name,we only sent our coach away,don't know why.
@embele,u can ask honeric about the lower league cos his team is dea,lol!!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by FBS: 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2010
Will things ever change in this country?

Cappadona123:

@embele,u can ask honeric about the lower league cos his team is dea,lol!!!
hehehehe. . .honeric01, wetin ya team dey do there? cheesy
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 12:43pm On Oct 13, 2010
Lol
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 4:51pm On Oct 13, 2010
Up benin arsenals!!!
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by medjai(m): 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2010
For the first time ever, NPL has released a comprehensive fixture list for all of the 38 weeks for which the league will run
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2010
abeg make una leave me joor cheesy
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by Cappadona123: 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2010
@honeric,any news from ur camp?
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 9:07am On Oct 15, 2010
^^
No news yet oo, don't worry when we return to the top, we go start to dey get news cheesy
Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 10:59am On Oct 15, 2010
I want to win an African Trophy - Agba

Uchenna Agba was one of the nominees for the Inter Club Player of the Year award in 2009 on the strength of his performance for Heartland in that year’s edition of the CAF Champions League when he netted a brace against Kano Pillars in the semi-final. He speaks to SuperSport.com about his current club, CS Sfaxien, his ambition to win the league and an African trophy.

You scored in CS Sfaxien’s 2-1 win over Zanaco of Zambia in the Orange CAF Confederation Cup, and it was actually the winning goal of that game last Friday. Was it as easy as I make it sound?

It wasn’t easy at all, but to have scored the winning goal really pleases me.

Were you worried when Zanaco kept the score tied at 1-1 till half-time?

No, I wasn’t because we were totally in control of the game…but I never wished the game ended that way.

Now your team is in pole position to reach the semis from Group B of the Orange CAF Confederation Cup, do you think CS Sfaxien can win Africa’s second tier club competition this year?

Yes, of course…every participating team has got a chance to win. But for now all efforts are channelled to seeing that we reach the last four of the competition and then we will be looking at going further in the competition. We will aim to finish as high as we can this year.

You have seamlessly settled down at CS Sfaxien after joining them from Heartland Football Club this year, how easy was this considering the difference in language and culture between your native country, Nigeria and Tunisia?

It’s not been easy I must confess to you though on the pitch football is one language. But discipline is a core value which has been keeping me up, and I don’t intend to change that attitude now.

On arrival at CS Sfaxien early this year from Heartland FC, what first struck or impressed you?

I was impressed at the level of organisation exhibited by the clubs and the (Tunisian) FA especially and the exceptional officiating that allows you to play good football. I think the latter has affected my game so much.

What target have you set for yourself with CS Sfaxien this season?

It will be winning the Confederations Cup and the (Tunisian) league with CS Sfaxien by the grace of God.

So far which team or teams do you dread and consider as threat or threats to these ambitions?

Well, I’d say Esperance and Etoile du Sahel because they have good teams too. But for me nothing is impossible.

And we can't talk about CS Sfaxien without mentioning your Nigerian compatriot, Akarandut Orok, who joined the team before you did.

Since I came to Sfaxien he has been more than a Nigerian compatriot. He is a brother and also, he is a fantastic footballer, who has a bright future ahead of him, just like me. And I am happy to be part of this team in which he plays for too.

npl.com.ng

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2010
NPL Floors Enyeama over home based comment

The Nigeria Premier League (NPL) has condemned a statement credited to

Super Eagles’ goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, that players in the

top-flight of the country’s league are not ready for international

football.

Head, Media and Publicity of the Premier League, Emeka Nwani, floored

Enyeama’s assertion that Nigerian-based players were to blame for the

loss in Guinea.

Nwani said: “Vincent Enyeama appears to have forgot where he started

his career from. I remember very well how he got to Enyimba and then

coach Adegboye Onigbinde gave him his big break at the 2002 Fifa World

Cup against England. May be if Onigbinde had said then that home-based

players were the problem of Nigerian football I wonder if he will be

playing football in Israel.”

The NPL image-maker also reminded Enyeama that he should not forget

that Super Eagles’ interim head coach, Austin Eguavoen, started 11

foreign-based players before bringing on two home-based, Ahmed Musa

and John Owoeri, who are now primed to move abroad.

Nwani said the duo of Musa and Owoeri brought about change in the

attacking options of the Nigerian side against Guinea and wondered why

Enyeama will not recognise that.

He also pointed to Captain Joseph Yobo’s comment about Musa being a

player that will become an integral part of the Super Eagles’ setup in

future.

“You see what Enyeama said is a total contrast from what Yobo said

about one of the home-based players. Yobo praised the talent of Ahmed

Musa, so I still wonder why he, Enyeama, will say such when he was

formerly a home-based player,” he said.

Nwani added that if a respected coach like Salisu Yusuf of Kano

Pillars recognised the talents of Musa and Owoeri, then Enyeama should

not condemn a system he benefited from.

npl.com.ng

Re: Nigerian League Fan Thread: Enter D Place N Know Every by honeric01(m): 11:19am On Oct 15, 2010
Crown sacks Godfrey Esu

With eleven days to the start of the Nigeria Premier League Crown Football Club of Ogbomosho, have sacked their chief coach, Godfrey Esu.

Chairman of the club, Gabriel Babalola, confirmed the sack of Esu on Tuesday morning from the team’s base in Ilaro.

He disclosed that the former Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) gaffer was relieved of his appointment before the start of the season due to anti-club activities.

When SuperSport.com asked Babalola what he meant by anti-club activities, he responded that Esu has been inciting the playing personnel to rise up in rebellion against the management of Crown FC led by him.

“We have been following his activities for a while I must say that we are not impressed with him. We have warned him severally but he persisted in inciting the players against the club. And as a way to curtail that we had to relieve him of his appointment since no individual is bigger than the club,” said the Crown FC chief coach.

Reacting to his sack, Esu pointed out that he is a victim of circumstance, adding that he was allegedly sack for demanding payment for outstanding contract fees from last season after helping the side win promotion to the top-flight.

He told SuperSport.com that he will leave the team’s camp for Lagos and will take up his case against the club at the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Players’ Status and Arbitration Committee.

“I don’t know it is a crime to ask for what you deserve. I was sacked on Monday because I asked for my outstanding signing-on fee from last season, which is 60 per cent of the total pay. And I must say I never tried to incite any player because they are owing those players,” he said.

Crown will play its matches in Ilaro after the Nigeria Premier League matches did not approve the stadium in Ogbomosho for failing to meet the standard.

npl.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (78) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? / Emenike Displays Ojukwu, Okwaraji, Yekini, Keshi's Pictures In His Mansion / The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.