Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,339 members, 7,836,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? (53652 Views)

What's Your Definition Of A Broke Guy Or Lady? / Dating A Broke Guy Is Not A Guarantee He Will Marry You When He Becomes Rich / 10 Ways Ladies Will Frustrate Your Life If You Are A Broke Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 1:28am On Jun 16, 2015
oyin17:

Rant of a broke guy! I never said money is the yardstick for a relationship. read that post again .
I am not rich but I work to earn a living.Does that also makes me a broke guy?
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 16, 2015
otunsman:
I am not rich but I work to earn a living.Does that also makes me a broke guy?

its OK , you not a broke guy. God bless your hustle
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 16, 2015
ceecee0703:

i used those ones cos they are celebrities and everybody knw them.....see swthrt the rich are all abt the name they want a wife who has a name or a wealthy family or who has a background(a model,a lady with good career etc) i agree a rich guy can marry a poor lady bt it is very very little % like 2%. how many president or gov daughters dat married within d last 16yrs married a nobody....how many influential ppl in nigeria did their sons marry a nobody??....na only onitsha, aba rich guys dey marry any nobody we go school cos dem no go....so de babe na step up to them

Your arguments are based around the rich and influential alone.You even went as far to justify it with the aba Onitsha folks....Very irrational and highly biased.Rich people marry within their circle and this is also applicable to poor people.Some rich girls from wealthy homes still marry average guys who are not known and vice versa.It still boils down to both the environment and choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Abelsconcept(m): 1:31am On Jun 16, 2015
oyin17:

thanks for your observation, I'll modify later

You're welcome dear....

The truth to the matter is that some girls actually put up with some broke for different reasons. Some girls date broke guys because of one or more of the following:
1. Has potential to be rich in the future
2. Treats her great with little he has
3. Gives her best bleeps of her life
4. Treats her like slave (most girls love being manhandled) grin
5. Promises marriage especially when age is creeping on the lady.
6. Etc. You can add more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 16, 2015
EggovinMma:
Why una dey attack omotayor? cheesy
Guys dey vexxxxxxxxx for this thread oooooo.
Na by force to straff poor man again? grin grin grin.
The worst thing be say na thier priccck dey big pass. grin grin

LIFE IS NOT FAIR MEHN! !!! Buhahahahahhahahaa
You go don taste all kinds of pri.ck o.You no go save the vjay for your future husband?Abi na when e slack you go repent?Slack vjay no dey inviting o
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 1:33am On Jun 16, 2015
Abelsconcept:

You're welcome dear....

The truth to the matter is that some girls actually put up with some broke for different reasons. Some girls date broke guys because of one or more of the following:
1. Has potential to be rich in the future
2. Treats her great with little he has
3. Gives her best bleeps of her life
4. Treats her like slave (most girls love being manhandled) grin
5. Promises marriage especially when age is creeping on the lady.
6. Etc. You can add more

you are right my only problem is their insecurity
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 16, 2015
oyin17:

its OK , you not a broke guy. God bless your hustle
kk
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 1:35am On Jun 16, 2015
Sleep don come ooooo.

All in all,being broke is just a temporal thing.Even big shots go broke sometimes.Just that it shouldn't be permanent.
Goodnight!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by lovely17(m): 1:36am On Jun 16, 2015
HECK Nairalanders you rock gbayi
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 16, 2015
Gari and kuli kuli always a winner
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 1:39am On Jun 16, 2015
otunsman:
You go don taste all kinds of pri.ck o.You no go save the vjay for your future husband?Abi na when e slack you go repent?Slack vjay no dey inviting o

Oga,this level Wey yo dey try drag me into,I don do am tire for NL.I don get award and I don retire.No be today ashawo start to dey move market.i no get time for small children yabs.Goodnight
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Val22(m): 1:40am On Jun 16, 2015
Money is the last thing that will prevent me from dating/marrying the love of my life. I've got bags of it.! #notkidding#
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Truckpusher(m): 1:44am On Jun 16, 2015
ronald4lif:

Everything you said is accurate. Any society where a gender is subjugated and where there's an imbalance in the society it affects every sectors and the general economy of that country. The have to be a level field of play for everyone for a society to develop. Nigeria as we all know, is a patriarchal society where men are placed above women in almost every sphere of life.

Most feminists have posited that, the feminism crusade and the struggle for an egalitarian society isn't just beneficial to women but about the future growth of the society and that feminism is at advantage to the men too. When one considers society where there's equality of both sexes, and how women contribution has been phenomenal in various sectors they'd agree that an equal field of play is detrimental to the development of developing nations like Nigeria.

The Nigerian successive governments have been a joke over the years. This trend of women turning a relationship as a poverty alleviation program would keep skyrocketing until poverty and a suitable environment is established where youngsters can engage themselves in something meaningful.

For many Nigerian men, they employed fraud, drugs and other illicit means to earn a living. Women on the other hand aren't ingenious in such acts, so they decided to use relationship as a bail-out of hardship and earning comfortability. It has become a game of survival of the fittest.
Exactly and its a cycle that dents the image and morality of a people and nation bringing their credibility down to the ashes of time.The Government just need to do something if not it will continue unabated and the ensuing socio economic chaos that will follow would be unprecedented.
Spain had a similar problem in the 15th or 16th centuries ago where eight out of every ten women in the streets of Maldrid was into some form of prostitution until they had to ship a lot of them off to the Americas . Ours is more pathetic we've got no where to ship our bad girls to ,even as our prisons can't contain the number of inmates it was originally designed for the bad guys that are into illegal activities .
The most annoying part is that our useless lawmakers were trying to enact laws to legalize prostitution instead of brainstorming on how to turn these abundant human resources into a great asset ,either in the factories to churn out goods and give services that would be locally consumed and also exported while maintaining our dignity as a nation and a people with a fulfilled life.
Our leaders are sick , honestly .
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Abelsconcept(m): 1:46am On Jun 16, 2015
oyin17:

you are right my only problem is their insecurity

Insecurity is a thing of the mind. Even the rich suffer from it in their relationships. Though financial insecurity is very high on any insecurity list. An insecure person (guy/lady) is not worth investing time with.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by gmacnoms(m): 1:47am On Jun 16, 2015
classicB:
My friends and myself were discussing about relationship stuffs recently.
We talked about one of our coursemate that is lucky enough to have a guy that cares so much about her, takes care of her, up to the point of giving her salary grin yet this girl doesn't love or appreciate the guy at all, she still go about sleeping with men cos of chicken change.

And we also have one that is currently in love with a broke guy. They have been together for close to 3years now and sometimes this girl feels like the guy doesn't love her enough simply because she sees what her friends are getting from their guy and she's not privileged to get it from her own boyfriend. Its not as if she doesn't love the guy or anything but she sometimes get jealous and imagine herself in the shoes of girls I mentioned above.
Her boyfriend loves her and he isn't cheating on her.

So my question is, how do u think a broke guy can show love, and care to his girlfriend in the absence of cash?

I Waka pass. a broke guy can't express th love he has effectively.its not easy @all
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Abelsconcept(m): 1:57am On Jun 16, 2015
ronald4lif:

Everything you said is accurate. Any society where a gender is subjugated and where there's an imbalance in the society it affects every sectors and the general economy of that country. The have to be a level field of play for everyone for a society to develop. Nigeria as we all know, is a patriarchal society where men are placed above women in almost every sphere of life.

Most feminists have posited that, the feminism crusade and the struggle for an egalitarian society isn't just beneficial to women but about the future growth of the society and that feminism is at advantage to the men too. When one considers society where there's equality of both sexes, and how women contribution has been phenomenal in various sectors they'd agree that an equal field of play is detrimental to the development of developing nations like Nigeria.

The Nigerian successive governments have been a joke over the years. This trend of women turning a relationship as a poverty alleviation program would keep skyrocketing until poverty and a suitable environment is established where youngsters can engage themselves in something meaningful.

For many Nigerian men, they employed fraud, drugs and other illicit means to earn a living. Women on the other hand aren't ingenious in such acts, so they decided to use relationship as a bail-out of hardship and earning comfortability. It has become a game of survival of the fittest

Truckpusher:
Exactly and its a cycle that dents the image and morality of a people and nation bringing their credibility down to the ashes of time.The Government just need to do something if not it will continue unabated and the ensuing socio economic chaos that will follow would be unprecedented.
Spain had a similar problem in the 15th or 16th centuries ago where eight out of every ten women in the streets of Maldrid was into some form of prostitution until they had to ship a lot of them off to the Americas . Ours is more pathetic we've got no where to ship our bad girls to ,even as our prisons can't contain the number of inmates it was originally designed for the bad guys that are into illegal activities .
The most annoying part is that our useless lawmakers were trying to enact laws to legalize prostitution instead of brainstorming on how to turn these abundant human resources into a great asset ,either in the factories to churn out goods and give services that would be locally consumed and also exported while maintaining our dignity as a nation and a people with a fulfilled life.
Our leaders are sick , honestly .

Are you guys political analysts? Look how you just associated this thread with the problem of the society. I think President Buhari needs you in his cabinet....
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 16, 2015
oyin17:
Emodee go and fvck! you said I don't av bf I agreed. what are u doing online by this time of the night when you're supposed to be drilling? Small penisss no dey move market
Shey na by size?If I work you with my tongue you go moan.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Portsmouth86(f): 2:04am On Jun 16, 2015
classicB:
We talked about one of our coursemate that is lucky enough to have a guy that cares so much about her, takes care of her, up to the point of giving her salary grin yet this girl doesn't love or appreciate the guy at all, she still go about sleeping with men cos of chicken change.

And we also have one that is currently in love with a broke guy. They have been together for close to 3years now and sometimes this girl feels like the guy doesn't love her enough simply because she sees what her friends are getting from their guy and she's not privileged to get it from her own boyfriend. Its not as if she doesn't love the guy or anything but she sometimes get jealous and imagine herself in the shoes of girls I mentioned above.

So my question is, how do u think a broke guy can show love, and care to his girlfriend in the absence of cash?

Wow your coursemate clearly doesn't know what she has right in front of her, only when its gone she will realise, the poor guy I really feel for him, this is the kinda thing gives all women a bad name angry

You sure can have romance without money, everyone has experiences when they're broke one way or another, here are some ideas for the guys thinking its impossible:

1. Pick some wildflowers on the way home. Never under estimate the romantic power of the gift of flowers, it will brighten the face of your loved one and your home.

2. Take a walk by the light of the moon. This cheap romance idea is especially effective away from city lights with a full moon. But even in the city (if its safe enough) going for a walk at night is very romantic.

3. Read some poetry together. You can do this at home with library books or even search some online.

4. Hide little romantic love notes everywhere, in pockets, in wallets, under her pillow, some may not be found for months, or even send emails of your romantic gestures and your love will see how much you care.

5. Remember to say I love you, every single day, maybe try saying it in different languages to make it more fun and personal

If a woman truly loves her man, then no amount of money will change that, just always remember to show it, its very easy to get too used to each other and forget about simple things that keep a relationship alive wink

Stay blessed

Karen

5 Likes

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by chidifyn(f): 2:19am On Jun 16, 2015
agarawu23:
tell us more smiley
by praying and encouraging her.. lol
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 2:26am On Jun 16, 2015
ireneony:
ask google
from Google . . .

2 Likes

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by amhackdee(m): 2:28am On Jun 16, 2015
Una no dey sleep? all this yahoo boys sef.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by graciousolo(m): 2:53am On Jun 16, 2015
Omotayor123:

heart ke loun loun..
Broke boyfriend will only bring you backwardness...
what is their use without money
only money speaks.
If I reply u wetin dey my mind eeh...
Broke girl! Why aren't you the 'unbroke' one?
Later on you start ur agitation for equal gender rights... guess d equal rights doesn't cover the monetary aspect... undecided
Omotayor123:

heart ke loun loun..
only money speaks.
If I reply u wetin dey my mind eeh...
Broke girl! Why aren't you the 'unbroke' one?
Later on you start ur agitation for equal gender rights... guess d equal rights doesn't cover the monetary aspect...
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by PStacks(m): 3:44am On Jun 16, 2015
classicB:

There is no true romance without finance.

That's why young men must get their priorities right! Hustle hard, get money and ladies follow. Claiming love when you are broke is foolishness as far as I'm concerned. Even if the woman loves you broke, u'r respect will reduce.

Its either you get rich or die trying.
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 16, 2015
Omotayor123:

heart ke loun loun..
only money speaks.
. If a broke guy will bring you backwardness , i guess you are also broke... Smd

Shiizzy
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 3:55am On Jun 16, 2015
otunsman:
kk
undecided you actually meant "f*ck you" am i wrong?
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Bollinger(m): 3:58am On Jun 16, 2015
Omotayor123:
I wonder oooo.

No money, no love jaregrin.

***-----**********************************-*------
Seriously, money is not love buy it's an essential factor in love..

As far as I'm concern,
fvck broke niggastongue

Lol, see local champion de form big girl. The things i see on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by miky(m): 4:12am On Jun 16, 2015
classicB:

Women are confused nowadays, doesn't matter if he has money or not.. A woman doesn't know what she wants, she changes like the season..
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by tenry(m): 4:52am On Jun 16, 2015
Omotayor123:

heart ke loun loun..
only money speaks.
It will be disastrous for a broke guy to give his heart to you in the first place cos it will compound his problem. How do I know? Your picture tells me so
Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by pikapizy(m): 5:11am On Jun 16, 2015
Lol I see some broke niggies getting mad and some broke bitchzz saying fxck broke guys bla bla...I find topics like these sensitive...I'm not yet rich but I'm so far from brokeness ,and honestly if brokeness means having no money to throw off sometimes then I've never been broke...I love to spend on a lady cos of many reasons (1)I'm extravagant in nature, (2) I love to be in control...spending on a girl reduces her to my subjects with time she'd outlive her value and would no longer worth my dime. (3) it tells me the kinda girl she is...a girl thats so conscious of money in a relationship will never find value and respect ,such girl can never get commitment from me .no matter how rich u are someone somewhere is richer than u..so what if she find someone richer than me ..people like oyin17 I have a lot of ur type..and with this mindset of urs you'll always be a means to an end...I throw money at girls ...but I hate girls who believe relationship ought to be paid for ....if I pay u.that put me in control..and girls like oyin17 who doesn't mind being controlled because of few papers gets used ...your type is the empty type... no offense but ur mindset gives u away as the type that's never self reliant.

1 Like

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 16, 2015
I was always broke before, but last thing on my mind was dating, Paper chase 100%, though am still broke mentally, no matter how much i have, am always broke, that's the street hustle "too much money is not enough money". I don't appreciate babes who don't contribute to the hustle , then again it's okay for broke girls to date but not broke guys .....why ? because Guys are always required to spend.... now that's an anti-hustle. though few babes helped witht he hustle by linking me with business ideas. The question is what type of girl are you ? the influential type or the parasitic type sadly most girls fall in the later.

Left to me Relationship should be the last thing on your mind if not you're blowing money on somebody's Wife/Girl. get your own babe then you can spend. No one is loyal these days, not even guys, and get a career and put that over relationship. never seen a lonely rich man crying that much over not having relationships but it's the opposite. same applies to girls get your hustle.

Though am still broke with adequate money in my hands, is that a contradiction ?

3 Likes

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by pikapizy(m): 5:24am On Jun 16, 2015
I find it annoying and funny at the same time when girls that ask their bf for money for make up and making of hair start talking about gender equality .I'm like c'mon bitxch I made u! how can you be equal with ur maker ...if women want equality they should independent... being dependent makes u inferior and we guys can't be equated with anything inferior ..BTW I think girls of this days are more attracted to swag,class ,style etc than money..sometimes even when I'm without cash ,I get so much attention..and I'm not even handsome Lol...a lil tip to my niggies: DON'T GIVE A GYAL A DIME UNLESS U HAVE ENOUGH TO THROW AROUND.. JUST BE ROMANTIC AND DRESS TO KILL..GIRLS WOULD EVEN PAY TO HAVE U GO OUT WITH THEM...ALWAYS WEAR A NICE COLOGNE ,A GIRL CAN'T STAND IT, THE FRAGRANCE OF UR PERFUM WILL SWEEP HER OFF HER FEET...THEN GIVE HER THAT BIG D...FOR HOURS WITH DIFF STYLE...SHE WILL ALWAYS WANT TO HANG OUT,INFACT SHE'LL NEVER REMEMBER TO ASK FOR ANYTHING.

4 Likes

Re: How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? by rezy15(m): 5:25am On Jun 16, 2015
A broke guy should try his best. If the broke ass girl that notices he's broke and cant understand, let her take her broke ass self out of the equation. Tired of girls that can't afford suya in their father's house demanding such from a guy that's not their husband as a criteria for staying in a relationship. What is she bringing to the relationship other than her body that can be bought for a can of icecream elsewhere sef? Frakking gold diggers posing as girlfriends.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

White Lady Walks Away After Refusing To Marry Nigerian Man She Met On Facebook / Is It The Man That Weds The Woman Or Woman Weds Man? / Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Discovering That Her Husband-to-be Is Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.