Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,911 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. (14069 Views)

Checkout What The Bible And Quran Says About Killing. / Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe. / The Bible And The Human Race. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by Visitor700: 6:22am On Oct 17, 2015
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by maverickboy: 7:52am On Oct 17, 2015
malvisguy212:
No muslim is able to defend the quran?
Hmm you've got someone now. but then, I'm predicting how many days you are going to last on the thread. You must be full of yourself for this post!
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by malvisguy212: 8:46pm On Oct 17, 2015
Visitor700:

He didn't inspire the biblical authors.

Show me solid proof from the bible that these 2 statements are not contradictory.

Paul says:
Faith without works saves
(Romans 3:28)

James says:
Faith without works does not save
(James 2:14)

Allah said: “[And remember] When God took a Covenant from those who were given the Scripture: [size=14]You shall make it known and clear to mankind, and you shall not to hide it[/size] but they flung it behind their backs, and purchased with it a miserable gain! How evil was that which they purchased!”
(Quran 3:187)

“Say: 'O People of the Book! [size=14]exceed not in your religion the bounds [of what is proper], trespassing beyond the truth, nor follow the vain desires of people who went astray in times gone by, who misled many, and strayed [themselves] from the straight path."[/size]
(Quran 5:77)

“Then [size=14]woe to those who write the book with their own hands and then say: ‘This is from God’, to traffic with it for a miserable price. Woe to them for what their hands do write and for the gain they make thereby.”[/size]
(Quran 2:79)

Paul and James did not contradicte each other instead they complement each other. Paul’s focus was on the unsaved man and how he might get right with God.
James’ focus was on the saved person
and how he might show his faith and
demonstrate the reality of his faith.

You cannot be saved by work(Ephesians 2:8-9) You cannot show that you are saved without works (James 2:14,18)How can a person be saved? By faith alone (Rom. 3:28) do you understand?

Now to the quranic verse you provide, before I reply you, answer this: does the verse sound as warning to muslims against Paul teaching ?or is it a prophecy on how Paul will contradicte allah word ?
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by Visitor700: 10:39am On Oct 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by malvisguy212: 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
Visitor700:

Yes. But Paul and James did not compliment each other. In Genesis 15:6 Paul says:

"Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness."

[size=14]Ellicott's Commentary for English Readersembarassed/size]
—We have here the germ of the doctrine of free justification. Abram was both a holy man and one who proved his faith by his works; but nevertheless the inspired narrator inserts this reflection, not after the history of the offering of Isaac, but in the account of this vision, where all that Abram did was to believe, and for that belief’s sake was accounted righteous before God.

From the Bible Commentaries of Ellicott, the inspired writter, paul, did not deem Abraham "Justified by works" when he offered Isaac on the altar, but rather he maintained that Abraham was Justified only on account of his belief.

Yes, it does. In the Quran, Paul and his likes are known by their fruit.

Allah says: [size=14]"Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from God,"[/size] to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby."
(The Noble Quran, 2:79) "

Tell me, didn't paul write 13/8 books of the New Testament?

Allah also says: [size=14]"Who can be more wicked than one who inventeth a lie against God, or saith, "I have received inspiration," when he hath received none, or (again) who saith, "I can reveal the like of what God hath revealed"?[/size] If thou couldst but see how the wicked (do fare) in the flood of confusion at death! - the angels stretch forth their hands, (saying),"Yield up your souls: this day shall ye receive your reward,- a penalty of shame, for that ye used to tell lies against God, and scornfully to reject of His signs!"
(The Noble Quran, 6:93)

Didn't he also claim that God inspired his preaching?
see were you got it all wrong, prior to coming of Jesus, those in the old testament were save by FAITH alone. But after Jesus had finished the WORK of salvation meaning He did not ONLY reconcile us to God , He also gives us the authority to defects the devil. How did the old testament saint rebuked the devil ? In whose authority?

I will ask again, if muhammed should ask muslims to make confirmation to the early scripture,the injil,torah and. Zabura and all three scripture do not claims to be a sent down revelation from heaven EXCEPT the quran ,doesent this mean Allah ask you to make confirmation to a book writing by men ? Infacte the quran say the early scripture is capable of guiding human.
Sura 5:46:
"But why do they (the Jews) come to
thee for decision, when they have the
Torah in which IS the command of
God."
Sura 5:50:
"And let the People of the Gospel
judge by what God has revealed in it.
If any fail to judge by what God has
revealed, they are licentious."
Sura 5:71:
"Say, O People of the Book! You are not
(founded) on anything UNTIL you
PERFORM the TORAH and the GOSPEL,
and what was revealed to you from your
Lord."

Infacte Sura 5:50 claim it is God who revealed the early scripture,and your post seems to indicate this scripture is corrupted . alright now answer the following questions,

Quran 16:44
[We sent them] with clear proofs and
WRITTEN ordinances. And We revealed to
you the message that you may make
clear to the people what was sent down
to them and that they might give
thought.
I'm sure the muslims know the quran
was not revealed in writing. Therefore
the 'writings' above refers to the earlier
Scriptures. The written proved their
MUST be copies going on circulation.
okay!!!

1. At what point did the people corrupted
the Torah and Injeel, was it BEFORE
islam, during Muhammad's time of
AFTER him?
2. If it was before islam, why would Allah
refer Muhammad to something that is
non-existent to make confirmation?
3. If it was after Muhamad had died, how
was he able to receive the revelation that
the Scripture (Torah and Injeel) has been
corrupted?
4. The quran confirms that the Scripture
was a clear proof in writings. This means
there were copies in circulation. How
possible all copies vanished without
anyone having a copy anywhere? You
should by now discover a lie is told.
5. Why would God be so weak as to allow
man throw away His words before He
would vow to protect the subsequent
revelations? Did He learn from
experience?
6. Why will God ask muhammed to make
confirmation of the corrupted scripture
(injeel and torah) ?
https://www.nairaland.com/2535883/allegedly-corrupted-scripture-questions-muslims

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by Visitor700: 10:32am On Oct 23, 2015

1 Like

Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by malvisguy212: 11:50am On Oct 23, 2015
Visitor700
I repeat, the old testament saint were save by faith, Hebrew11 mention how this great men were save by faith:

Hebrews 11New King James Version
(NKJV)
By Faith We Understand
11 Now faith is the substance of things
hoped for, the evidence of things not
seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a
good testimony.
3 By faith we understand that the worlds
were framed by the word of God, so that
the things which are seen were not made
of things which are visible.
Faith at the Dawn of History
4 By faith Abel offered to God a more
excellent sacrifice than Cain, through
which he obtained witness that he was
righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and
through it he being dead still speaks.
5 By faith Enoch was taken away so that
he did not see death, “and was not
found, because God had taken him”; [a]
for before he was taken he had this
testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But
without faith it is impossible to please
Him, for he who comes to God must
believe that He is, and that He is a
rewarder of those who diligently seek
Him.
7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of
things not yet seen, moved with godly
fear, prepared an ark for the saving of
his household, by which he condemned
the world and became heir of the
righteousness which is according to faith.
Faithful Abraham
8 By faith Abraham obeyed when he was
called to go out to the place which he
would receive as an inheritance. And he
went out, not knowing where he was
going. 9 By faith he dwelt in the land of
promise as in a foreign country, dwelling
in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs
with him of the same promise; 10 for he
waited for the city which has
foundations, whose builder and maker is
God.
11 By faith Sarah herself also received
strength to conceive seed, and she bore
a child[ b] when she was past the age,
because she judged Him faithful who
had promised. 12 Therefore from one
man, and him as good as dead, were
born as many as the stars of the sky in
multitude—innumerable as the sand
which is by the seashore.
The Heavenly Hope
13 These all died in faith, not having
received the promises, but having seen
them afar off were assured of them,[ c]
embraced them and confessed that they
were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Now read verse 13 again," All died in faith not having received the promises" what promised? The promised of His Son Jesus christ.

I ask you prior to the coming of Jesus Christ ,in whose name do the old testament saint cast out demon ? And you are quoting from the new testament, if the old testament saint cast out demon in God name, can you give me example from the scripture?

You said the former divine books were sent down revelation ? This is were you lied, the quran was NOT revealed in CONTEXT but the Gospel ,torah and psalm were all revealed in context, the quran was revealed to muhammed verse by verse but the quran say Moses ,Jesus and David were all given a BOOK.

Wow, the corrupted scripture,the changes took overtime? So they succeeded in corrupting the torah injil and zabura (overtime) but the quran they did not touch it ? Even when Allah has vow to protect the subsequent revelation ,still men prevails and corrupted it!!!okay.

Why are muslims so good in lying? You said the bible was not in circulation?

Sura 5:71:
"Say, O People of the Book! You are
not (founded) on anything UNTIL you
PERFORM the TORAH and the
GOSPEL, and what was revealed to you from your Lord."

How will christians and Jews performed the torah and gospel if it not in circulation?

Sura 5:50:
"And let the People of the Gospel
judge by what God has revealed in it.
If any fail to judge by what God has
revealed, they are licentious."

Will the Jews judge by a none existing documents? Try another lie.
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by Visitor700: 12:52am On Oct 24, 2015
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by mustymatic(m): 6:13am On Oct 24, 2015
This one will never reason o,they'll keep reposting the same piece.
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by malvisguy212: 9:00am On Oct 24, 2015
Visitor700:

Re-read my previous comments. My argument isn't about salvation under the dispensation of mosiac law.

Tell me, who said this?

[size=13]"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets: I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill. "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the Law, until all is accomplished. Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and so teaches other shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."[/size]
(Matthew 5:17-19)

*Jesus made it clear that the law was still in force (Matthew 5:17-20)

*He commanded people to keep the law
(Luke 17:12-14, Mark 10:17-19, John 8:3-7)

*He also observed the law himself
(Galatians 4:4, Psalms 40:7-9, Hebrews 10:7)

As i mentioned previously, by rebuking the devil in His Name:

When a rebuke is uttered in the name of the Lord, it ceases the activity of the thing or person being rebuked. For example, the winds and waves ceased when Jesus rebuked them and satan had to release Moses’ body to Prince Michael. This is confirmed in the scriptures:

Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Rom 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me and every tongue shall confess to God.

[/b]

Go and read my comments carefully again. I said your quotations were out of context.

[/b]

rather, Allah's promise has held true. The proof is there for all to see.
There's [size=13]only one version of the Quran[/size] in the whole world.
The prophet (peace be upon him) recommended that [size=13]the recitation of the whole Qur’an should be completed once in a every month.[/size] It is also recited in the daily prayers.
[size=13]It has been preserved in the language that it was revealed in arabic.[/size]
The crusading missionaries of the Middle Ages, the Protestants and free-thinkers of the so-called Enlightenment all agree that it is in the same condition that it was revealed1400 years ago.

Reread what i wrote. I already expounded on this issue.
You say Paul and James contradicte each other concerning faith and work, but when I adress it , instead of you to provide your defence from the new testament, you went and quote from the old testament.

Do you know what the bible mean when it say "Jesus fullfiled the law"? The law ONLY serve as the instruments which man shall be save.
The law is a manifestation of the perfect
holiness of God, and was given to us
(humanity) to show how utterly unable
we are to meet God's standard by our
own means, strength or works (Romans
7:7). It shows us our sinfulness as a
contrast to God's holiness. Old Testament saints who were called righteous relied upon the grace of God for their right standing with God, not their success at keeping the law.

When Jesus is said to have fulfilled the
law, it means that He perfectly kept the
law of God, and never sinned (1 Peter
2:22).This was therefore a manifestation
of and testimony to His deity. Obviously
something no other man could possibly
do.

Romans 8: 1 There is therefore now
no condemnation for those who are
in Christ Jesus. 2For the law of the
Spirit of life has set you FREE in
Christ Jesus from the LAW OF SIN AND DEATH . 3For God has done what the
law, weakened by the flesh, could not
do. By sending his own Son in the
likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he
condemned sin in the flesh, 4in
order that the righteous
requirement of the law might be
fulfilled in us , who walk not
according to the flesh but according
to the Spirit. 5For those who live
according to the flesh set their minds
on the things of the flesh, but those
who live according to the Spirit set
their minds on the things of the Spirit.

The righteous requirement of the law has been fulfilled in us (those who are in Christ Jesus) by virutue of us being in
Christ.

Isa 45:23 and Rom 14:11 it about Jesus compear it with this:

Philipians2:8-10
…8Being found in appearance as a man,
He humbled Himself by becoming
obedient to the point of death, even
death on a cross. 9For this reason also,
God highly exalted Him, and bestowed
on Him the name which is above every
name, 10so that at the name of Jesus
EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by Visitor700: 6:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by malvisguy212: 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2015
Visitor700:

I intended to write down [Romans 4:3] but mistakingly wrote down [Genesis 15:6]. Romans 4:3 and Genesis 15:6 both carry exactly the same message though.

You said that paul was teaching the unsaved man how to reconcile with God but Paul's teaching on salvation has always been by faith alone regardless of the audience circumstance.

In Romans 11:6 [NKJV], Paul reiterated to those who were saved by faith in christ.

[size=13]And if by grace[/size]
[refers to the remnant saved at this "present time" in verse 5],
[size=13]then is it no more of works:[/size]
[They are no longer saved by works like the 7000 Jews in verse 4]
[size=13] otherwise grace is no more grace.[/size]
[If you mix works with grace then salvation is not only by grace]
[size=13]But if it be of works,[/size]
[If salvation in this "present time" is of works,
[size=13]then is it no more grace:[/size]
[then it can't be of only grace]
[size=13] otherwise work is no more work.[/size]
[If you mix grace with works then salvation is not only by works].

We derive 3 things from this verse.

1. Salvation is by grace to the exclusion of works.
2. Salvation used to be of works but is now "no more of works."
3. Grace and works are exclusive of each other.

"Fulfill the Law" has many connotations. According to a biblical scholar, David Bivin, it means to properly interpret the Torah so that people can abide by the law.

"Jesus fulfilled the law" means he was clarifying the true intent of that law. For example, in Matthew 5:28 Jesus said:

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

From the verse above, Jesus clarified that the violation of the law against adultery includes gazing lustfully at a woman.

Rather, the bible reveals that God knew the law was not impossible to keep.

"And said unto them, [size=13]Ye have kept all that Moses the servant of the LORD commanded you[/size] , and have obeyed my voice in all that I commanded you."
[Josh. 22:2]

They were also saved by keeping the law.

Those who obeyed were promised mercy, forgiveness and life [Ex. 20:6 , Ex. 34:7 ; Lev. 18:5 ; Psa. 103:3 , Psa. 130:4; Eze. 20:11 ; Dan. 9:9 ]

And those who disobeyed; death, destruction and Hell [Ex. 32:32-33 ; Lev. 5:17 ; Deut. 29:20 , Deut. 32:22 ].
you are not being truthful here, you mistakenly quote genesis instead of Romans, I was beginning to accept your complained but when I read this "both carry exactly the same message though"
Then it wasent a mistake.

Let me repeat myself again.
Paul’s focus was on the unsaved
man and how he might get right with
God.
James’ focus was on the saved person
and how he might SHOW his faith and
DEMONSTRATE the reality of his faith.(the unsaved man cannot show or demonstrate his faith).
You cannot be saved by work(Ephesians
2:8-9) You cannot show that you are
saved without works (James 2:14,18)How
can a person be saved? By faith alone
(Rom. 3:28)
How can a person show that he is saved?How can he “show his faith”?Only by works (James 2:18)
The error Paul corrected was "salvation is by the work of the law in christ Jesus( when Jesus fullfiled the law)
The error that James corrected"Works are unnecessary after a person is saved"
As a matter of fact, this is what Paul wrote, "Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!" ( Rom. 6:15); and "Having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness" (v. 18).Thus Paul condemns the same error James is exposing here. Paul never advocated any concept of dormant faith.

Believe me when I say this my friend, you do not understand what it mean when Jesus fullfiled the law, I cannot discuss it with you, you may ended up not understand. Only through face to face conversation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by Visitor700: 6:57am On Oct 27, 2015
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by malvisguy212: 8:50am On Oct 27, 2015
Visitor700:

I only pointed that out to show how easy it is to switch their citations since they both carry exactly the same message.

If you are honest, then why did you ignore other places where paul preached the doctrine of justification by faith to those who have been saved?

Are you challenging the interpretation of "Jesus fulfilled the law" by the renown bible scholar, david bivin
Meeting you face to face will not convince me to favor your interpretation of the phrase over his.
We are justified by faith.
Romans 5:1, 2
“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God”

Salvation cannot be earned by works:

Combating your false idea that man can be save in keeping the law , he states that even Jewish Christians are saved by grace and not by keeping the law of
Moses:
Galatians 2:15, 16
“We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the
law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be
justified”

In Romans, chapters 1 through 3, Paul establishes that both Jews and Gentiles are sinners, and can be saved only by the grace of God.Jews cannot depend on
the law of Moses for salvation because it is never kept perfectly:
Romans 3:20
“Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin”

NO HUMAN CAN BOAST OF PERFECTLY KEPT THE LAW,only Him, who is DIVINE in nature is able.

The Law and the Prophets foretold the coming of the Messiah who would bring
righteousness to God's people. The law made it clear that Israel needed salvation from sin just as surely as did the Gentiles.
Ephesians 2:8, 9
“For by grace you have been saved through faith,and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast”.

“Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law” (Romans 3:27, 28).

What is the difference between the 'law of works' and the 'law of faith'? In the first case one strives to earn salvation by his own works. This man bases his
salvation on the principle of works. In the second case, one understands that his only hope of salvation is the grace of God.He gratefully accepts God's gift of
salvation by faith. This man bases his salvation on the principle of faith.

One of your brother open a thread pointing out contradictions in the bible, this is what I ask him:

The same could be said of the Qur’an. In Surah 2 we are introduced to the fall of Adam, then God’s mercy is shown to the Israelites, followed by Pharaoh’s
drowning, followed by Moses and the
Golden calf, followed by the Israelites
complaint about food and water, and
then we are introduced to the account of the GOLDEN CALF AGAIN. Following this, we read about Moses and Jesus,then we read about Moses and the GOLDEN CALF ,and then about Solomon and Abraham.If one wants to talk about chronology,what does Moses have to do with Jesus,or Solomon with Abraham? Chronologically the surah should have begun with Adam’s fall, then moved to Cain and Abel, Enoch, Abraham, Lot,Isaac, Jacob and Esau, Joseph, the sons of Israel and Moses, in that order. If such a blatant chronological mix-up can be found in this sura of the Qur’an, then
madjnr would do well to explain it before criticizing what they deem to be
an error in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by Visitor700: 12:58am On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by malvisguy212: 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by promisechuks: 11:19pm On Feb 15, 2016
malvisguy212:
This muslims are so bankrupt in thinking, logic and reasoning.
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by vzkpswaqnkhgytd: 11:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
promisechuks:

This muslims are so bankrupt in thinking, logic and reasoning.

How so?
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by malvisguy212: 8:32am On Feb 16, 2016
vzkpswaqnkhgytd:

How so?
read the op and use your sense.
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by malvisguy212: 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2016
malvisguy212:
Muslims talk often about the many
contradictions in the Bible. The number
of contradictions vary depending on
whom you are talking to. The principle
of non-contradiction has been elevated
to the status of an absolute criterion,
capable of being applied by human
beings in judging the authenticity of
God’s word. But the Christian cannot
agree that the principle of non-
contradiction is given to men as a criterion by which they are to judge God’s word. It is this criterion which the
Muslims have imposed upon the
discussion of revelation.

The Bible is not simply one book compiled by one man as the Muslims
claim for their Qur’an, but a compilation
of 66 books, written by more than 40
authors, over a period of 1500 years! For that reason Christians have always
maintained that the entire Bible shows
the imprint of human hands. Evidence of this can be found in the variety of
human languages used, the varying
styles of writing, the differences in the
author’s intellects and temperaments. Thought the muslims claimed the quran is sent down from heaven but there are MANY verses show the imprint of human hand in it.

DEFINITION OF INSPIRATION.
In 2 Timothy 3:16, we are told that all
Scripture is inspired. The word used for
inspiration is theopneustos which means“God-breathed,” implying that what was written had its origin in God Himself. In 2Peter 1:21 we read that the writers were“carried along” by God. Thus, God used each writer, including his personality to accomplish a divinely authoritative work, for God cannot inspire error.

The Bible must be the invention either of good men or angels, bad men or devils, or of God. However, it was not
written by good men, because good men would not tell lies by saying ‘Thus saith the Lord;’ it was not written by bad men because they would not write about doing good duty, while condemning sin,and themselves to hell; thus, it must be written by divine inspiration”

HOW DOES GOD INSPIRE HIS WRITERS?
How does God inspire the writers? Does
He simply move the writers by
challenging their heart to reach new
heights, much like we find in the works of Shakespeare, find in the works of
Shakespeare, which is human literary
masterpieces? Or does that which He
inspire contain the words of God-along
with myths, mistakes and legends, thus
creating a book in which portions of the
Word of God can be found, along with
those of finite and fallible men? Or are
the scriptures the infallible Word of God
in their entirety? In other words, how,
Muslims will ask, is this inspiration
carried out? Does God use mechanical
dictation, similar to that which we find
claimed for the Qur’an, or does He use
the writers own minds and experiences?

ANSWER:
The simple answer is that God’s control
was always with them in their writings,
such that the Bible is nothing more than
“THE WORD OF GOD IN THE WORD OF MEN”. This means that God utilized the culture and
conventions of his penman’s ,God controls in His sovereign
providence. Thus history must be treated
as history, poetry as poetry, hyperbole
and metaphor as hyperbole and
metaphor, generalization and
approximation as what they are, and so
forth.

We are fully aware that the Christian
criteria for revelation is not acceptable to Muslims, as it is in seeming conflict with their own.Yet,by simply measuring the Bible against the‘sent down’ concept which they claim for their Qur’an, Muslims condemn themselves of duplicity, since they demand of the New Testament that which they do not
demand of the previous revelations, the
Taurat and Zabuur, though both are
revered as equally inspired revelations
by all Muslims. Muslims believe that
Moses WROTE THE TAURAT AND DAVID THE ZABUUR . However, neither claimed to have received their revelations by a
means of A' sent down’ transmission. So why insist on such for the New Testament, especially since the
document makes no such claim itself?

PROPHET WITHOUT PROVED?
Left unsaid is the glaring irony that the
claim for the sent down revelation for the Qur’an comes from one source alone, the man to which it was supposedly revealed, Muhammad. Yet there are no external witnesses both before or at the time who can corroborate Muhammad’s testimony.
Not even miracles are provided to
substantiate his claims, nor are there any known documents of such a Qur’an from the century in which it is claimed to have been revealed.

What Muslims must understand is that
Christians have always maintained that
the Word of God, the Bible, was indeed
written by men, but that these men were always under the direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:20-21).
Whereas the Qur’an is alleged to be free
of any human element, God in the Bible
deliberately chose to reveal His Word
through individuals who were inspired
prophets and apostles, so that His Word
would not only b conveyed to humanity correctly, and comprehensively but
would be communicated to their
understanding and powers of
comprehension as well. This the Qur’an
CANNOT do if it has no human element, as is generally alleged.
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by malvisguy212: 8:51am On Mar 29, 2016
malvisguy212:
read the op and use your sense.
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
mustymatic:

Ashamed of your SHAMEFUL CLAIMS?
NOPE.

“And dispute ye not with the people of
the book but say: We believe in the
revelation which has come down to us
and that which came down to you.”

What you fail to understand is that Muslims never question that Jesus receive the Gospel (Injeel). He received it like other prophets received theirs before him.
But the authors who wrote the Bible weren't around when he was, didn't see him, talked to him after some years thay come to claim that he said some contradicting things. even in modern literature this is not accepted. THIS is why even Christians invalidate some of the books, let alone Muslims

Your mnemonic jargon called Qur'an says David was given Psalms whereas not all Psalms were written by him. Besides the Qur'an has Aramaic influences showing that it was copied from Christian Aramaic scriptures.
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by mustymatic(m): 11:06pm On Apr 06, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Your mnemonic jargon called Qur'an says David was given Psalms whereas not all Psalms were written by him. Besides the Qur'an has Aramaic influences showing that it was copied from Christian Aramaic scriptures.
Copied by who? someone who can't read or write? lol
laughing at the bolded
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
mustymatic:

Copied by who? someone who can't read or write? lol
laughing at the bolded

The Arabic word translated as "illiterate" is the word "ummi" which also means one who has no insight of the past knowledge (former Holy Books) and not necessarily one who is unlettered cos' some Muslim scholars agree that Muhammad was learned but had no knowledge of the former Holy books (Torah and Berita khadasha [New Testament]). Your Qur'an says David was given the "Zabur" which means "Psalms" whereas not all Psalms were written by David. Some Psalms were by Asaph, some by Hezekiah, one by Moses, one by Habbakuk and one was probably by Samuel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by malvisguy212: 2:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
lordnicklaus:

The Arabic word translated as "illiterate" is the word "ummi" which also means one who has no insight of the past knowledge (former Holy Books) and not necessarily one who is unlettered cos' some Muslim scholars agree that Muhammad was learned but had no knowledge of the former Holy books (Torah and Berita khadasha [New Testament]). Your Qur'an says David was given the "Zabur" which means "Psalms" whereas not all Psalms were written by David. Some Psalms were by Asaph, some by Hezekiah, one by Moses, one by Habbakuk and one was probably by Samuel.
nice one bro
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
I am gonna give an example to proof that the Qur'an is actually of Aramaic origin.

The word "qur'an" is actually the Aramaic word "qerani" or "qeryani" which means "reading" or "recitation" and it is derived from the root word "q'ra" which verb form is "iqra'a" which means "to recite" or "to read." Its Hebrew counterpart or cognate is "q're"

Muslims believe that in paradise are seven virgins waiting for them after they have done a good service to Allah. The word translated as "virgin" in the Qur'an is actually an Aramaic word meaning "grape." It is the Aramaic word "hur" and its Arabic counterpart is "huri." In commentaries concerning this word, Muslim scholars admit that the word is strange to them and its precise message is not gotten. They said the knowledge belongs to Allah. So the truth is, Muslims would be getting "grapes" and not "virgins" lol!!!!!! Let them dream on, they might not even get the "grapes" let alone imaginary "virgins"
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by mustymatic(m): 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
lordnicklaus:

He was unlettered which means he didn't read and copy from the Bible
Was it copied or not? Your Bible was written by many unknown men whose surnames are not known , nowhere in the world is that accepted. The quran as it is, unchanged since the time of Muhammad, the word of God, no one can change that. u can't say the same for the Bible, it has been edited, re-edited, re-re-edited, so ur argument is invalid.

And your statement that David didn't write all of psalms is not in the quran, the quran says David was given not "he wrote" so also the Gospel was given to Jesus and not "he wrote"
get it right pls

1 Like

Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by mustymatic(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
Visitor700:

Yes. But Paul and James did not compliment each other. In Genesis 15:6 Paul says:

"Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness."

[size=14]Ellicott's Commentary for English Readersembarassed/size]
—We have here the germ of the doctrine of free justification. Abram was both a holy man and one who proved his faith by his works; but nevertheless the inspired narrator inserts this reflection, not after the history of the offering of Isaac, but in the account of this vision, where all that Abram did was to believe, and for that belief’s sake was accounted righteous before God.

From the Bible Commentaries of Ellicott, the inspired writter, paul, did not deem Abraham "Justified by works" when he offered Isaac on the altar, but rather he maintained that Abraham was Justified only on account of his belief.

Yes, it does. In the Quran, Paul and his likes are known by their fruit.

Allah says: [size=14]"Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from God,"[/size] to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby."
(The Noble Quran, 2:79) "

Tell me, didn't paul write 13/8 books of the New Testament?

Allah also says: [size=14]"Who can be more wicked than one who inventeth a lie against God, or saith, "I have received inspiration," when he hath received none, or (again) who saith, "I can reveal the like of what God hath revealed"?[/size] If thou couldst but see how the wicked (do fare) in the flood of confusion at death! - the angels stretch forth their hands, (saying),"Yield up your souls: this day shall ye receive your reward,- a penalty of shame, for that ye used to tell lies against God, and scornfully to reject of His signs!"
(The Noble Quran, 6:93)

Didn't he also claim that God inspired his preaching?
May God reward you bro

1 Like

Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
mustymatic:

He was unlettered which means he didn't read and copy from the Bible
Was it copied or not? Your Bible was written by many unknown men whose surnames are not known , nowhere in the world is that accepted. The quran as it is, unchanged since the time of Muhammad, the word of God, no one can change that. u can't say the same for the Bible, it has been edited, re-edited, re-re-edited, so ur argument is invalid.

And your statement that David didn't write all of psalms is not in the quran, the quran says David was given not "he wrote" so also the Gospel was given to Jesus and not "he wrote"
get it right pls

Lol!!!! Why then did Khalif Uthman ask for the Qur'an to be abrogated? An ancient Qur'an manuscript has been discovered in Yemen with differences from today's Qur'an. Even most Hadith writers quote strange Suras that are not even in the Qur'an. It shows that there was a different Qur'an and yet Muslims claim the Qur'an is one. You might be shocked to learn that the Qur'an you use is different from the ones other Muslims use in foreign countries.
I once read a Qur'an translation, a footnote where the translator made mention of another Qur'an that was translated by someone else as filled with translation errors.

1 Like

Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by mustymatic(m): 4:49pm On Apr 08, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Lol!!!! Why then did Khalif Uthman ask for the Qur'an to be abrogated? An ancient Qur'an manuscript has been discovered in Yemen with differences from today's Qur'an. Even most Hadith writers quote strange Suras that are not even in the Qur'an. It shows that there was a different Qur'an and yet Muslims claim the Qur'an is one. You might be shocked to learn that the Qur'an you use is different from the ones other Muslims use in foreign countries.
I once read a Qur'an translation, a footnote where the translator made mention of another Qur'an that was translated by someone else as filled with translation errors.
sir, your claim is baseless and ridiculous, the quran is one, khalifa who,,prove it by givin us d link to d quran u read, enemies of islam will do anything, just like you r lying now
Re: Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
bashbabe2:
Like someone said dont you and your cohorts never get tired. Sincerely you are so jobless and i would implore people not to reply to your posts.

It's so funny reading through because it's hard to ignore some ridiculous things you write. Maybe you need to pray more to that holy spirit of yours to direct you and your cohorts to stop the insults.
Islam is perfect, Muslims are not, just like you christians.
Why is it so hard for you to get that Allah sent all Prophets at a particular time to particular tribes, race,and our Prophet (SAW) was sent to all mankind. You are just wasting your time opening new threads, sincere advice is for you stop.because the only people that get worked up from the insults in your
comments is you and your kind ( as your Bible stated" by thier words you shall know them"wink.

Islam is beautiful and perfect I tell you.does your Bible ask you to refrain from arguments and insulting and judging ? If you see Muslims doing wrong today Islam didn't teach them that. Muslims that follows the teachings of Allah(SWT) and the best of mankind the prophet (SAW) are nothing but people you would emulate and wish to be like .
There are bad christians,terrorist christians so as Muslims. That doesn't mean you should continue with your false accusations and quoting the Qur’an out of context or giving it your own meaning . Just take a minute to reflect a religion that accepts all other books, all other Prophets and Qur'an sent to clarify things you lots( christian and jews) use to argue or differ, Yet you still don't believe.
From Allah we came and To HIM we shall all return, we all will account for every single thing we said or did.

Just quit because it's clear you are just trying to be relevant but the only people you impress are your kind. Blind leading the blind.
May Allah in His infinite mercy have mercy on us all. My Islam teaches me never to be angry, or insults, argue, judge and pray for those who say things i don't like,even reply them with kind words . What does your Bible teaches you?

Is it your Qur'an that says that the earth is flat (Sura 88:20)? Or that semen is formed between backbone and rib (Sura 86:6-7)? Or that the sun sets on a muddy pool (Sura 18:86)? You call that perfect? Muhammad was not sent to mankind, he just started Islam to make a name for himself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What It Means To Fall From Grace - Joseph Prince / Should Money From Sowing Of The Seed Go To Pastors? / Would You Be Offended If Your Pastor Preached From Their Ipad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.